Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,097 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

I Believe Christians Shouldn’t Owe Anything - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Believe Christians Shouldn’t Owe Anything (482 Views)

Like Stephanie Otobo, Like Stella Elmars: Nigerians Owe Apostle J. Suleman... / Why I Believe Stephanie Otobo Is Lying Against Apostle Sulieman / Apostle Johnson Suleman's Sex Scandal: "I Believe You Daddy!"- Lady Supports Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Believe Christians Shouldn’t Owe Anything by PRINCESSO2: 8:54pm On Sep 21, 2015
The bible says-James 1:22 -But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

It is written in the bible- Romans 13:8-Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

So,I am thinking Christians should not possess credit cards because the bible says not to owe anything .And we shouldn’t owe anything even a pen. It is written in the bible-
Matthew 6 -25Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? 27Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? 28And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: 29And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? 31Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32(For after all these things do the Gentiles seeksmiley for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Also we are not to Matthew 6 - 19Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 21For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
What did Jesus do when he went into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil

He spoke the word of God.
Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. 2And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred. 3And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. 4But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Yes,we need the word of God.The bible says-James 4:7-Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
Christains-Hebrews 4:12-For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart

So if you feel like getting drunk ,or stealing or any way unrighteous -say God words-
1 Corinthians 6- 9Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, 10Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. 11And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
Another example is if you feel tempted with lust then say God words- But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. Matthew 5:28
If you are tempted with hate- 1 John 3:15- Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
If you are tempted with unforgiveness say - Matthew 6- 14For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: 15But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
If you are tempted with guilt say- Romans 8:1 ►-There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
If you are fearful say- 2 Timothy 1:7- For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
If you are tempted with anger- James 1:20 - For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

It will help you fight against temptation. Ephesians 6 - 10Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in highplaces. 13Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Pray Continually
18Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
John 17:17-Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth
God word is the truth.

(1) (Reply)

Bishop David Oyedepo Engages Contractors To Fix All Roads Leading To Cannanland. / Obedience Is A Seed / Find Out Why South Africa Threatened To Jail Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.