Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,856 members, 7,824,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! (2130 Views)

Print On Demand Now In Nigeria:why Print A 1000 Copies Of Your Book When You Can / I Need Ideas On How To Sell The First Thousand Copies Of My Book. / Chinua Achebe's "Things Fall Apart" Has Sold Over 10 Million Copies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by Joan4427(f): 12:34am On Apr 15, 2009
[center][size=20pt]Jeez! How was I to know?[/size]
Novel coming this July!!![/center]
(From the FEDDIE GIRL Blogs, http://feddiegirl..com copyright April 2009
Read excerpts of the novel and reserve a copy http://bernardbooks.com/form.html)

[b]You’ve been waiting to hear what I did to merit a punishment as extreme as boarding school in Nigeria, AFRICA of all places. Okay, I’m totally gonna tell you. But bear in mind that this happened a long time ago, like when I was twelve.

At that time, I guess I must have been a really frustrated kid, full of angst and bitterness at the failing relationship between my parents.
How was I to know, at that time, that trying to be a punk was not the best of solutions to an impending family divorce?

I was only twelve–duh!!

How was I to know that by letting my rage overtake me, I was gonna hurt other people and myself?
Really, how was I to know
Guess I learned the hard way.

Okay so you still wanna know what I did?

“Spill the beans, Carlotta,” you reply, ready for gossip.

Okey-dokie. But remember, you asked for it!!! Lol!!![/B]

I hated the two kids. They were about half my age, skinny, and obnoxious as hell. They had tiny little noses that seemed turned-up at the end, almost snobbish.

They never shut up, especially the female. She had this annoying way of chanting in a high-pitched voice each time she crossed my path:

“Car-lot-ta! Car-lot-ta!! Carrr-llooot-ttaaaa!!!”

“Enough, already!” I snapped at her one morning. I was in a particularly sore mood and didn’t care much for being pestered.

The li’l kid wouldn’t listen. She kept chanting.

“I said, stop it!” I yelled at her, “or I’m gonna bust your butt!”

The girl shut up. There was a moment of glorious quietness before her male counterpart blurted:

“Watcha gonna do? Car-lot-ta, watcha gonna do?”

I’m gonna totally bust you up, that’s what. “Stop it this minute,” I ordered.

The boy ignored me. I hate being ignored.

His female partner-in-crime joined in again, and this time, she made the mistake of poking me in the chest while she chanted with renewed vigor.

That did it! I lost my temper!

First, I caught hold of one and landed her a resounding blow straight across the cheek. Smack!
Dazed, she fell back and let up. The male wasn’t as easy to deal with. Scrawny legs kicking, little arms flailing, sharp voice wailing; he grabbed my arm and began to pummel with his free hand.

With him I took my time. One accurately measured blow to the side of his chest leveled him.
The female jumped to her feet and charged like a suicidal bull, blindly throwing herself into my stomach. I peeled her off me and smacked her across the face. Again!

She wouldn’t be dislodged that easily.

So I leveled her like I did her mate, landing one extra blow to make sure she stayed down. I considered leaving them there, prone as dead logs, but thought better of it. A ring of excited onlookers had formed around us.

“Here is to the silly taunts on the bus every morning,” I spat. With each word, I kicked-out at the two helpless beings, drawing an extended cry of agony from them.

Finally, I stopped kicking and stood there, heaving with fury, staring down at the two six-year olds I almost reduced to pulps of flesh.
I turned to leave. A path cleared within the ring of other students staring back at me in horror.

One boy hooted and several others joined in. Soon they were booing and chanting and running to go find a teacher. Any teacher. And the school nurse.
The injured six-year-olds lay there on the ground, groaning and crying.

“Did I feel sorry for them?” you ask, shocked beyond belief.

Well, to tell you the truth, I felt kinda satisfied. The two punks had it coming. They certainly did.

And it was totally their own fault.

For more information about the upcoming FEDDIE GIRL novel by Nona David, visit Bernard Books Publishing http://bernardbooks.com
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by Joan4427(f): 1:20am On Apr 15, 2009
Also see: Feddie Girl's Blogs http://joanpeck.

The novel FEDDIE GIRL is about the experiences and adventures of an American teenager that is enrolled in a Nigerian Federal school.

Reason and motivation to blog about this upcoming novel is to enable readers and fans of the novel get to know the major character personally. The blog is written in the voice and seen through the eyes of this American teenager (Aka Feddie Girl). She communicates directly with her fans and periodically updates interesting bits of information about her personal life and family.

Thanks!
Joan
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by bluespice(f): 1:40am On Apr 15, 2009
n that got her 'deported'?
after being grounded for a yr?
shiet her parents r evil! tongue
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by Joan4427(f): 2:14am On Apr 15, 2009
Thanks Bluespice, so you see reason with Carlotta. kiss Lol!
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by vescucci(m): 11:58am On Apr 16, 2009
Nice story. Brings back memories
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by Joan4427(f): 3:38am On Apr 17, 2009
Thanks, Vescucci, I'm glad you enjoyed it. You can read actual excerpts of the main novel at http://bernardbooks.com and more blogs at http://feddiegirl..com
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by SeanT21(f): 6:18am On Apr 17, 2009
I am definitely gonna read your blog.SOUNDS INTERESTING.**beating on Lil kids** shocked lipsrsealed

Of I run to your blog~~~~~*
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by Joan4427(f): 2:10pm On Apr 17, 2009
SeanT21,
Thanks for reading through. Hope you enjoy the other blogs as well. You can definitely read through excerpts of the main novel, FEDDIE GIRL, just go to the publishers site: Bernard Books Publishing http://bernardbooks.com
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by SeanT21(f): 2:23am On Apr 18, 2009
Joan4427:

SeanT21,
Thanks for reading through. Hope you enjoy the other blogs as well. You can definitely read through excerpts of the main novel, FEDDIE GIRL, just go to the publishers site: Bernard Books Publishing http://bernardbooks.com

Okkk wink
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by Ifez: 9:54pm On Apr 18, 2009
Another great piece. Infact, I need to go check out the rest of your posts. You are a delight to the writing world.
Love it, love it, love it!!!!!!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by Ifez: 10:16pm On Apr 18, 2009
At that time, I guess I must have been a really frustrated kid, full of angst and bitterness at the failing relationship between my parents.
How was I to know, at that time, that trying to be a punk was not the best of solutions to an impending family divorce?

Typical of many American teenagers. Lol!

With him I took my time. One accurately measured blow to the side of his chest leveled him.
The female jumped to her feet and charged like a suicidal bull, blindly throwing herself into my stomach. I peeled her off me and smacked her across the face. Again!
This part is sooooo goooood. I loooove it!!!!!!!!!!! tongue
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by Ifez: 10:18pm On Apr 18, 2009
Soon they were booing and chanting and running to go find a teacher. Any teacher. And the school nurse.

I love the way you wrote this part. Lol! grin
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by Ifez: 10:19pm On Apr 18, 2009
So I leveled her like I did her mate, landing one extra blow to make sure she stayed down. I considered leaving them there, prone as dead logs, but thought better of it.

Lol!!!!! This reminds me of the style James Hadley Chase uses for his thrillers! I totally loooove it!!!!!! cool
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by Ifez: 10:21pm On Apr 18, 2009
First, I caught hold of one and landed her a resounding blow straight across the cheek. Smack!
Dazed, she fell back and let up. The male wasn’t as easy to deal with. Scrawny legs kicking, little arms flailing, sharp voice wailing; he grabbed my arm and began to pummel with his free hand.

Lol! There's no question about it. You are a professional writer. This is goooood.
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by Ifez: 5:42pm On Apr 19, 2009
@Joan,

Just to confirm and be sure: this is just a blog right? It's not part of the actual novel, Feddie Girl. I'm asking because some readers are getting confused.
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by Ifez: 5:51pm On Apr 19, 2009
Don't mind my many rantings. I'm a big fan and can't shut-up. grin grin grin grin
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by Joan4427(f): 2:47pm On Apr 20, 2009
@ Ifez,
I am glad you're a big fan of FEDDIE GIRL. If you're on Facebeook, please send a friend request to Nona David, the book author. I'm sure she'll be thrilled to meet you. Her facebook profile is hard to miss, it will be the one with the FEDDIE GIRL front cover. *See my pix on this forum to know what the book front cover looks like.

Thanks again for all your kind comments. I will forward them to the author accordingly.

Joan
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by vescucci(m): 6:13pm On Apr 20, 2009
Damn, Ifez. Wetin na?
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by Ifez: 7:56pm On Apr 20, 2009
@Vescucci
That what? Abi, I spoil your own?
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by Joan4427(f): 9:40pm On Apr 20, 2009
undecided is this good?
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by vescucci(m): 3:07pm On Apr 21, 2009
No, it ain't good.
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by Joan4427(f): 4:41am On Apr 22, 2009
vescucci:

Damn, Ifez. Wetin na?
Ifez:

@Vescucci
That what? Abi, I spoil your own?
vescucci:

No, it ain't good.

But Vescucci, what on earth did sweet Ifez do to you? Lol!
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by dominique(f): 2:12pm On Apr 22, 2009
OMG!!! i cant believe i've been seeing this thread for weeks now and i diddnt bother to open it. so this is what i've been missing. thats best punishment can exert on a rebellious child. Noan Davis's a genius kiss.

@joan4427
do you know where hard copies of the book are distributed in nigeria.
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by Joan4427(f): 6:08pm On Apr 22, 2009
@ Dominique,

Thank you so much for that insightful comment. Yes of course, Nona David got a good thing going here--basically reminding parents of way-ward kids that there is still hope. Boarding school in Nigeria, of course! Lol! Many Nairalanders can identify with that concept, right?
Also, the novel is meant as an educational piece for young adults and a keepsake for the veteran of Federal schools, and anyone who basically attended a boarding school in Nigeria.

This thread here is just a blog (the main character talking about her life and experiences so far). You can read excerpts from the actual novel and reserve your copy of the book at the publishers site. Bernard Books Publishing http://bernardbooks.com
The publisher will contact you once the novel is published so you don't miss out! Novel is coming this July!!!

Copies will be available in bookstores of major cities including Lagos, Abuja, PH, Onitsha, Benin, Ibadan, Enugu, Aba, Kaduna, Makurdi, and Jos.
Novel will also be available online at select online Nigerian stores like Flegz.com, Booksng.com, Havilahbooks-ng.com, officeandbookworld.com.

For more blogs like this one, see my other thread here titled "Nigeria, West-Africa! Why me?" https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-261695.0.html#msg3729992

Alternatively, you can view all the Feddie Girl blog posts (9 total) on http://feddiegirl..com http://joanpeck. or The Journal & Diary section here on Nairaland https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-262478.0.html

Thanks!

Joan

PS: If you're on Facebook, please help us spread the word by joining the Feddie Girl fan page and inviting others to join. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/Feddie-Girl/62373092169?ref=ts
Thanks!
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by kay9(m): 5:06am On Apr 23, 2009
I like Feddie, she doesn't take shit - even from 6-yr-olds. I totally identify with that. Naughty little thingys. If it was me, i'da added the Mike Tyson left-hook and upper cut. Yep.

When's the book coming out, Joan? If it ain't too expensive, i'll buy one. wink
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by Joan4427(f): 11:37pm On Apr 23, 2009
Hi Kay9,

Thanks for the wonderful comment, lol!!!. The book will be released this July. If you visit the publishers site and reserve a copy, we will let you know as soon as the prints come off the press! http://bernardbooks.com

It's free to reserve, BTW.

Cheers,
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by Ifez: 10:53pm On Apr 25, 2009
@ Kay 9:

Na u Biko! We're all waiting on tenter hooks for the novel ooooo!!!!

kay9:

I like Feddie, she doesn't take shit - even from 6-yr-olds. I totally identify with that. Naughty little thingys. If it was me, i'da added the Mike Tyson left-hook and upper cut. Yep.

When's the book coming out, Joan? If it ain't too expensive, i'll buy one. wink
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by Joan4427(f): 11:26pm On Apr 27, 2009

@ Kay 9:

Na u Biko! We're all waiting on tenter hooks for the novel ooooo!!!!

Lol!!! Glad to hear that. Novel is definitely coming this July!!!
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by Joan4427(f): 7:34pm On Apr 30, 2009
Just six more weeks to go and the advance copies of FEDDIE GIRL will be hot off the press! Yay!!!!!!!!

Don't miss-out. Copies are limited! Reserve yours now. http://bernardbooks.com
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by Ifez: 8:46pm On May 05, 2009
Joan, we are still waiting, waiting, waiting.

Good job though on publicizing this book. It's all everyone is talking about lately. CAN'T WAIT OOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by Ifez: 9:22pm On May 05, 2009
dominique:

OMG!!! i cant believe i've been seeing this thread for weeks now and i diddnt bother to open it. so this is what i've been missing. thats best punishment can exert on a rebellious child. Noan Davis's a genius kiss.

@joan4427

I don't think the book has been released yet. I went to the publisher's site and they said in July. We are waiting patiently for the tantalizing book.
Re: FEDDIE GIRL: Don't Miss-out on Advance Copies!!!!!!!! by Joan4427(f): 10:53pm On May 08, 2009
dominique:

@joan4427

Novel is coming in July! Just 6 weeks to go. Keep your fingers crossed. cool cool cool cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Recommend A Humorous Book Here / Community Secondary School: A Short Story. / Book Summary Of The Week - Cash Flow Quadrant By Robert Kiyosaki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.