Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment (2936 Views)

Another Nigerian Gets International Appointment. / Duke Abiola: $9.3b Not $6b Was Stolen By Jonathan’s Minister / Oby Ezekwesili Lectures Jonathan's Minister Over Alleged $30billion ECA Fund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 22, 2015
Former President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, yesterday, congratulated Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala over her recent appointment to two key international positions, stating that her performance as Finance Minister during his tenure as president was a major determinant in her clinching the new appointments.
Jonathan, in a statement in Abuja, also congratulated Mrs. Omobola Johnson, the immediate past Minister of Communication Technology who was recently appointed the Honorary Chairperson of the Alliance for Affordable Internet (A4AI), a United States based global coalition, committed to driving down the cost of internet access in less developed countries.
According to Jonathan, the appointment underscores his belief that women have key roles to play in national and global development.
The statement noted that Okonjo-Iweala’s emergence as the chair of the Board of the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunisation, GAVI, as well as, appointment as senior advisor to Lazard, the 167-year-old global investment firm, makes her the third woman from Jonathan’s Government to be honoured with key international jobs and the fourth so far.
The others, according to the statement are Mrs. Johnson, Ms Arunma Oteh, former Director General of Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) who became the Treasurer and Vice President of the World Bank as well as Dr. Akinwumi Adesina, former Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, who was elected President of the African Development Bank (AfDB).
In his congratulatory letter to Okonjo-Iweala, Jonathan described her appointment as a great honour to the nation, especially coming soon after she served Nigeria as Coordinating Minister of the Economy and Minister of Finance in his administration.”
He further described her as an achiever whose leadership as the head of his economic management team, brought about the successful implementation of far-reaching reforms in many sectors including power, telecoms, agriculture, financial services and infrastructural development.
On his preference and quota for women participation in Government during his time, Jonathan said: “It further underscores my belief that women of high integrity and proven abilities should be given the opportunity to directly contribute to national and international development. This is consistent with the global thinking that women who excel in their various professions should be encouraged to participate in governance.”
Giving more details of Okonjo-Iweala’s achievements, the former President wrote: “Through your vision, the nation was able to implement some rewarding reforms in public financial management including the launch of the Treasury Single Account (TSA) to boost dwindling revenue, as well as the introduction of the Integrated Personnel and Payroll Information System (IPPIS), which eliminated thousands of ghost workers from the public service system.
“I believe that this record of high performance in my Government weighed heavily in your favour and helped put you on top of the list, during the man-hunt and competitive international search process to fill these positions.”
“I am encouraged by the fact that your responsibilities in the new positions fall within your familiar career purview of strengthening institutions, building systems and advising countries on structuring their finances and dealing with debt issues.
“I have no doubt in my mind that you would excel in the two assignments, given your past record of excellent service both in Nigeria and internationally.”
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/international-appointments-jonathan-congratulates-okonjo-iweala/
Lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 22, 2015
cheesy Just noticed that also, Soft spoken Johnson was country head of Accenture before GEJ tapped her to head the new communication technology ministry.
GEJ really had a quality team who all got their jobs on merit not those who got theirs based on loyalty to the body odour general.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by SeverusSnape(m): 8:30pm On Sep 22, 2015
GEJ so much believed in gender equality, Just look at the women (and the men also) who served under him getting international recognition and appointments.

We have wonderful and qualified technocrats in this country, but B00HARI is busy looking for "angels and saints" to head our various ministries.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by CSTR2: 8:31pm On Sep 22, 2015
These guys are being poached by civilized nations and organisations much more powerful than Nigeria.
It just reminds me of how america poached german scientists after hitler's defeat.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 22, 2015
And so?? undecided
Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by Descartes: 8:32pm On Sep 22, 2015
The West really set Nigeria up

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by doublewisdom: 8:32pm On Sep 22, 2015
GEJ made stars of ministers.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by SeverusSnape(m): 8:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
CSTR2:
These guys are being poached by civilized nations and organisations much more powerful than Nigeria.
It just reminds me of how america poached german scientists after hitler's defeat.
Exactly Sir.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by Greyworld: 8:35pm On Sep 22, 2015
doublewisdom:
GEJ made stars of ministers.
Bro they are no longer "ministars" but "macro megastars"

2 Likes

Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by sandraokosun: 8:36pm On Sep 22, 2015
ok fine. Why did they fail as ministers under gej, why was the country run down. Its either they are CIA MOLES, or GEJ was a drunk who obj attested to the fact could not supervise them

4 Likes

Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by sdindan: 8:37pm On Sep 22, 2015
Rejected stones
Are now the Corner stones.
Good bless GEJ

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by ajbabs(m): 8:37pm On Sep 22, 2015
Prophets don't have honour in their country.

1 Like

Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by SeverusSnape(m): 8:38pm On Sep 22, 2015
sandraokosun:
ok fine. Why did they fail as ministers under gej, why was the country run down. Its either they are CIA MOLES, or GEJ was a drunk who obj attested to the fact could not supervise them
Please how did they fail?. expatiate.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by frankyychiji(f): 8:38pm On Sep 22, 2015
The masturbators will not like this good news at all. Oya, Vaseline crew come and show your skills grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by sandraokosun: 8:38pm On Sep 22, 2015
Descartes:
The West really set Nigeria up
u mean the west cia moles been honoured with peanuts, i hope they never get hungry again

1 Like

Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by Ikology(m): 8:39pm On Sep 22, 2015
This is great.
Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by Descartes: 8:41pm On Sep 22, 2015
sandraokosun:
u mean the west cia moles been honoured with peanuts, i hope they never get hungry again
Just watch out and see how these persons will be used as 'checkmates' on Nigera and Buhari administrations.

1 Like

Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by orontogorah(m): 8:42pm On Sep 22, 2015
snowprince07:
And so?? undecided

BAD BELLE...GEJ indeed worked wit world class team...quite unfortunate dis same set of ppl recognised by international community r labeled as looters in naija....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by Cope1(m): 8:55pm On Sep 22, 2015
GEJ u tried putting together a world class team

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by Moheat(m): 8:57pm On Sep 22, 2015
Like the proverbial saying that a prophet doesn't have regard in his country.

2 Likes

Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by lincolnj88: 8:59pm On Sep 22, 2015
grin
Where is buhari attack bulldog oshiomole

In patrick voice... Catchee catchee softly jonathan ministers are geting international appointments while catchee catchee buhari is chasing all investors out of d country

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by simpleseyi: 9:15pm On Sep 22, 2015
Jonathan had a team of world class professionals, the best from all over the world, very intelligent and knowledgeable. But, how come they ran down the country? The looted the excess crude account. They looted the foreign reserves. They institutionalized corruption. They made stealing not same as corruption.

I think I prefer fulani cattle rearers to the so-called world class professionals. Fulani cattle rearers can turn 5 cows into 100 in about 2 years. Fulani farmers can turn a bag of corn into 1000 bags in 2 years. Please let your world class professionals continue to eat economic statistics, I eat corn, rice, meat.
Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by ERAKAMUS: 9:16pm On Sep 22, 2015
Jonathans former ministers are getting international recognition and job base on MERIT not the ethnocentric type, I pray to get mine very soon.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by omowolewa: 9:18pm On Sep 22, 2015
GEJ only missed a few steps on a slippery road.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by SonOfEl(m): 9:21pm On Sep 22, 2015
simpleseyi:
Jonathan had a team of world class professionals, the best from all over the world, very intelligent and knowledgeable. But, how come they ran down the country? The looted the excess crude account. They looted the foreign reserves. They institutionalized corruption. They made stealing not same as corruption.

I think I prefer fulani cattle rearers to the so-called world class professionals. Fulani cattle rearers can turn 5 cows into 100 in about 2 years. Fulani farmers can turn a bag of corn into 1000 bags in 2 years. Please let your world class professionals continue to eat economic statistics, I eat corn, rice, meat.

keep living in Denial and delusion

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by KanwuliaJara: 9:33pm On Sep 22, 2015
Nothing in Nigeria jor!
With all the wealth these politicians tasted?
Nigeria must really be terrible! cheesy
Kissing my darling US passport jare!!!! cool
Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by ChelseaDr(m): 9:51pm On Sep 22, 2015
GEJ is the man any time any day!!! They were NOT Noise makers!!!!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by melzabull(f): 9:59pm On Sep 22, 2015
Great develolment.

I thought some good for nothing, god-forsaken hateful ijiots said GEJs administration was a disaster,? yet ministers under him keep getting international as well as global recognitions.

Even the otta baboon obasanjo, would be envious of this.

yelowbas, oya come and run ya mouths

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by melzabull(f): 10:01pm On Sep 22, 2015
simpleseyi:
[s]Jonathan had a team of world class professionals, the best from all over the world, very intelligent and knowledgeable. But, how come they ran down the country? The looted the excess crude account. They looted the foreign reserves. They institutionalized corruption. They made stealing not same as corruption.

I think I prefer fulani cattle rearers to the so-called world class professionals. Fulani cattle rearers can turn 5 cows into 100 in about 2 years. Fulani farmers can turn a bag of corn into 1000 bags in 2 years. Please let your world class professionals continue to eat economic statistics, I eat corn, rice, meat[/s].
yolowba man, just STFU already

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by forgiveness: 10:09pm On Sep 22, 2015
simpleseyi:

grin
Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by mumumugu(m): 10:23pm On Sep 22, 2015
If Jonathan could not fine Nigeria, them we are unfixable

2 Likes

Re: Another Jonathan Minister, Omobola Johnson Gets International Appointment by courage89(m): 10:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
I'm surprised Aganga has not been poached yet by one private equity or hedge funds firm. I'm 95% certain this is going to happen, its just a matter of time.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Biafrans' One Million Man Match - Massive Protest In Igweocha (PH) / Another Look Into Ekweremadu Alleged "Assassination" Attempt.-koboko69 / Militancy : Soyinka To Lead Avengers’ Dialogue Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.