Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,125 members, 7,821,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote (3926 Views)

The 2016 58th Annual Grammy Awards Is Here - Latest News And Update! / Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) / Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by seemama: 5:33pm On Apr 15, 2009
@asha,maybe it is a stupid arugement but for u to be expecting it means dat there is a point in my logic
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 15, 2009
seemama:

atleast now u know dat is paddy paddy award,songs like enter the place,suddenly,maga don pay and close to u by mo hits have banned from radio ohhh, breaking nwes, be the first to know
excitement, jeez  undecided
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by sunnykiss(m): 5:42pm On Apr 15, 2009
;DLaff my ass, well is like its not padi padi but not a real hip hop award, it say ,

well same people carrying the same award last year and this year , oK

Well forget tribe Ok, using Yoruba as lyrics in music is so sweet na,
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by asha80(m): 5:45pm On Apr 15, 2009
I forsee problem in the future.
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by seemama: 5:47pm On Apr 15, 2009
tribe cannot be written off when it comes to hiphop award, Heaven knows dat i have love for my yourba people but in this music shit,i think it is wrong,we must promote nigeria and other tribes and their tongue,why not make yourba the offical language for music in naija. i must protect my own tongue even though i love yourba music  but how does it help other artist,u simply discourage dem not to promote their language because if they do,no hiphop award for dem ohhhh
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 15, 2009
seemama:

tribe cannot be written off when it comes to hiphop award, Heaven knows dat i have love for my yourba people but in this music shit,i think it is wrong,we must promote nigeria and other tribes and their tongue,why not make yourba the offical language for music in naija. i must protect my own tongue even though i love yourba music but how does it help other artist,u simply discourage dem not to promote their language because if they do,no hiphop award for dem ohhhh
Although it may not seem fair to the other tribes' languages but I guess that is just the way it is, business is business and sometimes if people want to make it, they just have to go what they have to do. If they want to sing in their own language, no problem, but it just seems that yoruba is the most popular when it comes to songs in the so called city of music, Lagos.
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by seemama: 6:00pm On Apr 15, 2009
ibkaye:

Although it may not seem fair to the other tribes' languages but I guess that is just the way it is, business is business and sometimes if people want to make it, they just have to go what they have to do. If they want to sing in their own language, no problem, but it just seems that yoruba is the most popular when it comes to songs in the so called city of music, Lagos.

true,it is good for biznezz but is it good for nigeria as a nation,if other langanuge are not protected then there is a big problem,we must unite with music and sports but i think ayo wants to start problem in this music industry
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 15, 2009
seemama:

true,it is good for biznezz but is it good for nigeria as a nation,if other langanuge are not protected then there is a big problem,we must unite with music and sports but i think ayo wants to start problem in this music industry

Nigeria as a nation? Unfortunately, I don't see that happening any time soon, too many divisions.

Sometimes life just aint fair, ndo tongue
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by seemama: 10:39am On Apr 16, 2009
are we not supposed to be one people but i can see some people breaking it up
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by mbulela: 5:00pm On Apr 16, 2009
the moment i saw Mode9's album as one of the album's of the year.
i gave up on this award.
i am not interested in another mode9 war (my time is too precious)but i think this thing is heavily rigged.
the results have already been determined.
i do not buy the idea that it is tribalistic, sincerely if you have not made it in lagos, it is difficult to judge you success.
no excuses but lagos is it for nigerian hip hop.
at the same time,it is my view that HHMA is heavily rigged.
i hope Clarence and Terry G are not robbed.they truly deserve it.
The duo were excellent on illbliss new joint as video director and song producer respectively (i know this song is not responsible for their nomination but is an example of their productions highlighted in the nominations)
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by dejiariyo: 5:24pm On Apr 16, 2009
i dont give a f about what yu all say about hiphop awards, all the best awards in the world are always full of controveries e.g grammy,mtv and mobo

did lil wayne deserve to win the best hiphop album over nas,jayz and lupe fiasco?

so hiphop awards getting all this noise is just that they doing there thing right, last year psquare said the awards was rigged cos they only won one of thier category, so am not expecting less controvery this year, bring it on,

hiphop awards baby smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by WarfyBoy(m): 5:34pm On Apr 16, 2009
IF PERSON TALK TRUTH 4 9JA, EVERYBODY GO WAN SWALOW AM

WEEEETIN

wetin seemama talk wey bad now?? even tosin self dey join dem dey yarn opata, na wa ohhh

everybody for this 9ja kno say all those award na arrangeee level, which one be say 1 tin 1 tin, i say c father, u say see whiteman, wetin be the diferent

Soundcity award na rubbish, hip hop award self na rubbish, infact i never see any award wey dem do for this 9ja wey get head

them go put song wey kno by regae dem go nominate am for regae, dem go put RnB for Hip Hip, which kain dulin award

4Q em all
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by phantom(m): 6:26pm On Apr 16, 2009
In short una don make me vex@tosin, If say duncan dey local,how come u know the guy.Pls lets cut the bullshit, Truth be told. The hip awards aka yoruba awards(apologies to psquare) are heavily rigged.Duncan sold like pure water in ph and the east.There are enough marketers in ph,aba and osha to handle that aspect.If u havent heard him in lag,thats ur biz.The guy has made his money.Lagos is an independent market.Every good bizman would want a piece of it too but is not a sole indicator of success.Likewise,If an artist sells only in lag i would not b quick to call him a failure.Nigeria is gradually decentralising.Deal wit it
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by tosinaded(m): 7:57pm On Apr 16, 2009
@ phantom and warfy

abeg free me o grin

phantom:

Duncan sold like pure water in ph and the east.

and u say he aint a local champion?
did your timaya sell only in ph and in the east
nonsense!!!!!
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by phantom(m): 6:57am On Apr 17, 2009
@tosin, Since u got an emotional attachment to the phrase 'local champ',no prob.Lemme indulge u.An artist who rocks only lag is a local champ by implication abi?
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by phantom(m): 7:07am On Apr 17, 2009
Timmy sold not just in ph and the east.Why?Read my first post carefully! If u still dont see the answer maybe this would help 'all the way from ph,i break into their lagos market'-i don blow.The dude is a bizman!
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by Dotman01(m): 7:53am On Apr 17, 2009
@phantom can u swear to it dat u've neva heard those songs in questn played in ph b4? I dnt blv d award is a yoruba award, m.i, timaya, are nt yoruba guys nd truly dey rock everywer nd are nominated, so wats d fuss about?
@mbulela, wats ur point, so because mode 9 is a yoruba his music shuldnt be reckon wit or wot? FYI m.i's album has a lotta yoruba in it dan mode 9. For u to say mode 9's album doesnt deserve to b nominated ? Oh boi pls tel me wch any song u 4 substitute wit it ?
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by tosinaded(m): 8:23am On Apr 17, 2009
phantom:

@tosin, Since u got an emotional attachment to the phrase 'local champ',no prob.Lemme indulge u.An artist who rocks only lag is a local champ by implication abi?

get it to ur head that lagos is naija's music capital
take it or leave it!!!!!!
if u rock lagos ure made, cos u'll prob rock the whole country also and outside!!!!!

i heard un-educated Borno boys singing gongo aso!!!!

phantom:

Timmy sold not just in ph and the east.Why?Read my first post carefully! If u still dont see the answer maybe this would help 'all the way from ph,i break into their lagos market'-i don blow.The dude is a bizman!       

we are sayn the same tin jare, he left being a local Ph champ, came to lagos and became a national star!!!!!
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by phantom(m): 9:35am On Apr 17, 2009
@tosin, Looks like u got a major problem with comprehension but thats aight luckily for u,patience is one of me virtues.Tim had started rockin a long time before u guys eventually heard him in lag.lag is the entertainment capital.Who said so?Ok maybe for nollywood(which is even gradually shiftin base to abj),music,i aint sure.The only attraction these artists have to lag is the market.Lag is our commercial capital so it would make sense also marketin from there.But if an artist is not popular in lagos,it does not make him a failure.Stop being blinded by emotions.Yes i know u love gidi so much,and can shed blood for the place but f*k it is the juice really worth the squeeze?Dude sorry to disappoint you,but its not only in lag things happen.Like i said be objective and deal wit it. wink
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by lalaboi(m): 9:40am On Apr 17, 2009
phantom:

@tosin, Looks like u got a major problem with comprehension but thats aight luckily for u,patience is one of me virtues.Tim had started rockin a long time before u guys eventually heard him in lag.lag is the entertainment capital.Who said so?Ok maybe for nollywood(which is even gradually shiftin base to abj),music,i aint sure.The only attraction these artists have to lag is the market.Lag is our commercial capital so it would make sense also marketin from there.But if an artist is not popular in lagos,it does not make him a failure.Stop being blinded by emotions.Yes i know u love gidi so much,and can shed blood for the place but f*k it is the juice really worth the squeeze?Dude sorry to disappoint you,but its not only in lag things happen.Like i said be objective and deal wit it. wink

i taya for you guyz. . . .timaya wouldnt be as big as he his 2day if he didnt rock lagos. . . .thats the point peeps are making. . . .Dyu knw how songs spread through lagos and u said it yourself again. . . .lag is the commercial capital, . .if you cant make it there. . . .you are a local champ. . . .timaya made it there and everyone was singing his praises. . . .and yea right, if your not popular in lagos and u rock wherever you come from. . . .it doesnt make you a failure. . . .but you wouldnt be as big an artist you should be if you rocked lagos tongue
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by tosinaded(m): 9:48am On Apr 17, 2009
lalaboi tnk u jare!!!!

phantom:

lag is the entertainment capital.Who said so?Ok maybe for nollywood(which is even gradually shiftin base to abj),music,i aint sure.

why lie to urself hun

The only attraction these artists have to lag is the market.Lag is our commercial capital so it would make sense also marketin from there

lmfao, the market is in lagos, u just said it urself!!!!

.But if an artist is not popular in lagos,it does not make him a failure.Stop being blinded by emotions.Yes i know u love gidi so much,and can shed blood for the place but f*k it is the juice really worth the squeeze?Dude sorry to disappoint you,but its not only in lag things happen.Like i said be objective and deal wit it.

i neva said that o!!!!
i only said such artiste is a local champ grin isnt there yet!!!!
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by phantom(m): 11:24am On Apr 17, 2009
No problem, So an artist that rules only lagos is a local champ abi?BTW duncan didnt have to be in lag before 'dance for me' and 'ijeoma' were blazin the charts. wink
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by phantom(m): 11:39am On Apr 17, 2009
No problem, So an artist that rules only lagos is a local champ abi?BTW duncan didnt have to be in lag before 'dance for me' and 'ijeoma' were blazin the charts. winkebiere is doin her thing here.Didnt have to smell lag.But her video is rockin soundcity.Soty got yall nodding ur heads to 'malaria' from here.Specimen 'A' no dey lag but i buy their cd for makurdi.Please!
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by asha80(m): 12:54pm On Apr 17, 2009
Let me ask one question.

If an artist based outside lagos and is not reaally known in lagos sells up to 1million copies of his album and an artiste that maybe 2 of his singles in an album are well known in lagos but his album sales is not up to 1 million who of the two is more of a success?

Will the former still be known as a 'local champion'?
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by baslone: 1:04pm On Apr 17, 2009
phantom:

BTW duncan didnt have to be in lag before 'dance for me' and 'ijeoma' were blazin the charts. winkebiere is doin her thing here.Didnt have to smell lag.But her video is rockin soundcity.Soty got yall nodding ur heads to 'malaria' from here.Specimen 'A' no dey lag but i buy their cd for makurdi.Please!

, are these guys Nigerians
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by phantom(m): 1:30pm On Apr 17, 2009
@asha, Thank you.No doubt a lot happens in lagos,but with increasing development,i dont have to be in lag to be made.Lagos is a market like anyother.How many businesses in lag also have regional hq in abj,ph and kano.Why dem no jus remain for lag dey made?As a well packaged artiste i can get good airplay on rythm,raypower,cool or treasure,show my vids once in a while on ait and my being in lag will be solely to take a flight out of the country for a european tour, grin grin
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by tosinaded(m): 2:45pm On Apr 17, 2009
Asha oya tel me one artiste dat has achievd dat ft,without being popular in lagos! Or without seln in lagos!
Fine if u can get lagos on fire 4rm ur base,if u can sel in lagos 4rm ur base,then fine ure made!
But we both know it isnt dat easy!
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by asha80(m): 2:49pm On Apr 17, 2009
@tosinadeda

Duncan mighty and i am not joking.
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by tosinaded(m): 3:00pm On Apr 17, 2009
Ok i agree!
But i dnt hear him on lagos stations!
His work aint complete yet then. I need to hear him like timaya 1st.
I even hear more of mtrill dan duncan!
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by asha80(m): 3:05pm On Apr 17, 2009
tosinaded@:

Ok i agree!
But i dnt hear him on lagos stations!
His work aint complete yet then. I need to hear him like timaya 1st.
I even hear more of mtrill dan duncan!

That is exactly what i said.he was not really known in lagos but i bet u he has sold up to a million copies.

Who be mthrill?That guy sell more than 500000 copies?Abeg make i hear word.
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by phantom(m): 3:36pm On Apr 17, 2009
Who be mtrill?We no send am for here.Like say kokormikor sell pass am sef. The dude seriously needs to up his game.Truth is duncan is still a huge success witout lagos! grin grin
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by lalaboi(m): 3:39pm On Apr 17, 2009
here we go again. . . .duncan this duncan that. . . .1million copies my foot. . . .make una dey decieve una self. . . my last words on this topic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MUSIC: Download Dj Ecool Ft Davido – Ada [new Song] / Jive Angels - "Let's Go Jive" / MUSIC: Kiss Daniel – Woju (remix) Ft DJ Fletzy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.