Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,035 members, 7,953,109 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:54 AM

Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote (4017 Views)

The 2016 58th Annual Grammy Awards Is Here - Latest News And Update! / Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) / Hip Hop World Awards Nomineees: Predictions and Vote link (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by asha80(m): 3:45pm On Apr 17, 2009
lalaboi:

here we go again. . . .duncan this duncan that. . . .1million copies my foot. . . .make una dey decieve una self. . . my last words on this topic

Whether u like am or u no like am na the truth deal with it.
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by khanye(m): 4:40pm On Apr 17, 2009
@ phantom

M-Trill won the Best Africa West: M-Trill - Bounce at the recent Channel O music award
Who is Duncan
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by phantom(m): 4:57pm On Apr 17, 2009
@khanye, Between mode and rugged,who sell album pass and pack award pass? grin
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by seemama: 5:10pm On Apr 17, 2009
lalaboi and tosinded@ re tribal head like ayo animashun of hiphop awards, hiphop awards remains a yourba award,him puttin mi and few others is  cuz he knows dat people will throw stones at him.ayo is using hiphop award to  promote local champions like lord of  ajasa and co
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by khanye(m): 5:33pm On Apr 17, 2009
phantom:

@khanye, Between mode and rugged,who sell album pass and pack award pass? grin

March 10 2006 - Modenine Won 3 Hip Hop World Awards -
Best Rap Single – Elbow Room ,
Lyricist On The Roll ,
Best Rap Album – Malcom IX

2006 - Mode9 Won 3 Channel O Music Video Awards
Video of the Year
Best Hip Hop,
Best Video Director, all for his song Cry, Featuring Nnena.

2008 - Mode won Lyricist on the Roll While Rugged won best rap album (Hip Hop World Awards)
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by Nobody: 7:01pm On Apr 17, 2009
I neva wanted to reply dis ignoramus but i c dat y'all keeps replyin dis thread.Guys u nid to let dis thread die d normal natural death, aight
I c wants wrong wiv seemama or shey na seepapa, he's one of those ppl dat are pained about others progressing.I think u weren't born when Psquare 5 awards @ HipHopworld awards,but then u didn't cum out to say d organiser were honoring Yorubas alone and if u remember dat same thing happen last year when Psquare didn't win, as usual,dey started cryin foulplay,
Its such a pity, geezzzzzzzz, what a pity, ibos dominate alaba yet no one talks,they also dominate ladipo,so also noffin is been said, now sum couple of Yooba guys wanna pick up an awards and so d crying starts,
Personally,i think nairaland is tribalistic cuz it's been owned by a Yoruba guy, Idiot.
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by tosinaded(m): 7:45pm On Apr 17, 2009
seemama:

lalaboi and tosinded@ re tribal head like ayo animashun of hiphop awards, hiphop awards remains a yourba award,him puttin mi and few others is  cuz he knows dat people will throw stones at him.ayo is using hiphop award to  promote local champions like lord of  ajasa and co

i restrained my self from reply without insulting u i swear
wuts the need for all this rubbish

olayokun:

I neva wanted to reply dis ignoramus but i c dat y'all keeps replyin dis thread.Guys u nid to let dis thread die d normal natural death, aight
I c wants wrong wiv seemama or shey na seepapa, he's one of those ppl dat are pained about others progressing.I think u weren't born when Psquare 5 awards @ HipHopworld awards,but then u didn't cum out to say d organiser were honoring Yorubas alone and if u remember dat same thing happen last year when Psquare didn't win, as usual,dey started cryin foulplay,
Its such a pity, geezzzzzzzz, what a pity, ibos dominate alaba yet no one talks,they also dominate ladipo,so also noffin is been said, now sum couple of Yooba guys wanna pick up an awards and so d crying starts,
Personally,i think nairaland is tribalistic cuz it's been owned by a Yoruba guy, Idiot.

help me tell him o!!! wen they won 5awards the first year and 3awards the second year!!!! there were no complains!!!!
wen timaya won two years ago for his first album, there was no noise!!!!
now because one half baked coward called nigga raw who prob raps in igbo cos he cant contest with those with english aint nominated and all hell is let lose!!!!!!

live with it or go to blazes
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by seemama: 8:27pm On Apr 17, 2009
tosin,i hope lord of ajasa and da grin rap in yourba abi, nigga raw cant contest people dat rap in english,how many of those english rappers are more successful than him,big up nigga raw for coming all the way from enugu and taking over lagos while people like ajasa is still sharing a flat,

olayokun:

baba if u have money plz go get a shop in alaba or ladipo,all u need is capital, hiphop awards is friends and family awards.u can alsotell by the choice of host, it is clear, it is nowhere promoting nigeria in any way, yourba award
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by Dotman01(m): 10:06pm On Apr 17, 2009
@seemama u didnt answer d questn tosin nd olayokun asked u. Wen psquare won 5 awards in single nite, was it nt organised by dis same (ayo) yoruba guy?
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by phantom(m): 10:57pm On Apr 17, 2009
Aight boyz, Time to go to bed.Let it die!Am out, grin
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by Baro(m): 3:18am On Apr 18, 2009
Even though the poster of this thread hasn't been very articulate in putting his views across, thereby diminishing the cogency of some salient points, but we all know that there is too much sentiments, patronage and politics involved in HHWA.

Here are a few posers

Tuface's Album has no business on the list of nominees for the Album of the Year category, the reason is simple; going by the award prerequisites for this category i.e { excellence in every realm: songwriting, production, rendition, promotion and acceptability (sales, popularity)}. My understanding of this is that any album for nomination here must at the time under review pass the test of excellence in songwriting, rendition, promotion, acceptability(sales and popularity) Tuface's album which was released around middle of december remember the duration of the year under review is still yet to pick up in sales popularity, acceptability and even the production in some of the tracks are very amateurish, so on what grounds was it nominated? Sentiments? Let me not go further, i simply refer you to the review of the said album done by Hiphopworldmagazine.com, which coincidentally is the official website of the organisers of the awards.
Yeah they used sentiments here, kind of using the nomination for the promotion of Tuface's album, but even though Ayo needed to do that, he should have used other categories of the award certainly not this category!

Am a fan of Mode9 and every other good rapper in Nigeria, but his album on the nominees list for album of the Year? How?

Djinee as Next Rated, we all know this is laughable. If someone isn't good enough for nomination don't squeeze him into a category by all means,ok. Sentiments

On the rap album category, if Ajasa can be on that list, why not Nigga Raw should? i guess most people havent really listened to this dudes last album, it's not spectacular but it's a good one, good enough for nomination.

On the "Recording of the year" category, out of sentiments, one song was conspicuously omitted; Originality by Faze, but am not surprised he is not here, cos he hasn't been on the organiser's good books since the "Akon interview controversy" even last year when they "grudgingly" gave him 5 nomination, they "took it back" on the awards night, my guy went home without a single plaque even though he merited atleast 2, yeah 2, quote me.

On the Street Hop category, where is Durella? where is Bigiano, am not a fan of KcPresh, but their Shokoribobo should be right there on that list. And you guys ever heard of Mini mini wana by Maleke Ft. Cyrus de Virus, Franchize & Pc Dre?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuIJY3zCR-0&feature=related  that was the most popular song in he streets of Benin last year

I can go on and on, but i think those few are enough for now, and one advice for the organisers of the awards thats if they are not doing it already; they should start taking down the names and songs for possible nomination from the beginning of the year to be reviewed, they shouldn't wait until the end of the year before they start compiling, cos there is no way you can mentally playback the impact a particular song once made/had. This would deliver them from the temptation of nominating songs released in the last quarter of the year which is still more in their consciousness, thereby disregarding "early hits" .

Lastly before i shut down my computer, let me put in a word or two for Duncan Mighty and on the Lagos based/local champion stuff. First and foremost, Duncan Mighty deserves a nomination, you know why? That guy is damn talented and has a huge fan base in the south, exactly the type Timaya had 2 years ago when he had a nomination/award, besides, even Benin based Cyrus de Virus who had a nomination(Next rated category) too in the last edition, up till now does not have half of the followership Duncan Mighty commands. I can remember when peeps like us where making a case for Timaya sometime back, alot of you fellow nairalanders didn't  see what we had already seen in the now exploded Timaya. Let me stun you more, apart from 9ice, Dbanj, and Timaya, no other artiste sold more album units than Duncan Mighty last year, his songs are anthems in the whole south south. Anyway, nomination or not, time would vindicate Duncan Mighty. And mind you Duncan Mighty is only one of the numerous talented artistes scattered all over the country, we are not saying HHWA should give all the nominations/awards to these "local champs" atleast a little percentage would do; they deserve it!

As for Lagos being the commercial capital of Nigeria, that's a settled fact, but it is not your residing in Lagos that makes you blow, rather, it is your talent that does,
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by baslone: 8:00am On Apr 18, 2009
The thread has just started. I appreciate your
coming to take over from the poster without biaS
or beef. I actually supported his topic but I can't see
any point in his follow ups.

Now I'LL BE BACK!!
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by phantom(m): 9:06am On Apr 18, 2009
@baro, U've said it all.Thats the most unbiased,unsentimental opinion i have read on this thread.Hopefully i can learn a few things from u. grin
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by seemama: 10:42am On Apr 18, 2009
Baro:

Even though the poster of this thread hasn't been very articulate in putting his views across, thereby diminishing the cogency of some salient points, but we all know that there is too much sentiments, patronage and politics involved in HHWA.

Here are a few posers

Tuface's Album has no business on the list of nominees for the Album of the Year category, the reason is simple; going by the award prerequisites for this category i.e { excellence in every realm: songwriting, production, rendition, promotion and acceptability (sales, popularity)}. My understanding of this is that any album for nomination here must at the time under review pass the test of excellence in songwriting, rendition, promotion, acceptability(sales and popularity) Tuface's album which was released around middle of december remember the duration of the year under review is still yet to pick up in sales popularity, acceptability and even the production in some of the tracks are very amateurish, so on what grounds was it nominated? Sentiments? Let me not go further, i simply refer you to the review of the said album done by Hiphopworldmagazine.com, which coincidentally is the official website of the organisers of the awards.
Yeah they used sentiments here, kind of using the nomination for the promotion of Tuface's album, but even though Ayo needed to do that, he should have used other categories of the award certainly not this category!

Am a fan of Mode9 and every other good rapper in Nigeria, but his album on the nominees list for album of the Year? How?

Djinee as Next Rated, we all know this is laughable. If someone isn't good enough for nomination don't squeeze him into a category by all means,ok. Sentiments

On the rap album category, if Ajasa can be on that list, why not Nigga Raw should? i guess most people havent really listened to this dudes last album, it's not spectacular but it's a good one, good enough for nomination.

On the "Recording of the year" category, out of sentiments, one song was conspicuously omitted; Originality by Faze, but am not surprised he is not here, cos he hasn't been on the organiser's good books since the "Akon interview controversy" even last year when they "grudgingly" gave him 5 nomination, they "took it back" on the awards night, my guy went home without a single plaque even though he merited atleast 2, yeah 2, quote me.

On the Street Hop category, where is Durella? where is Bigiano, am not a fan of KcPresh, but their Shokoribobo should be right there on that list. And you guys ever heard of Mini mini wana by Maleke Ft. Cyrus de Virus, Franchize & Pc Dre?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuIJY3zCR-0&feature=related  that was the most popular song in he streets of Benin last year

I can go on and on, but i think those few are enough for now, and one advice for the organisers of the awards thats if they are not doing it already; they should start taking down the names and songs for possible nomination from the beginning of the year to be reviewed, they shouldn't wait until the end of the year before they start compiling, cos there is no way you can mentally playback the impact a particular song once made/had. This would deliver them from the temptation of nominating songs released in the last quarter of the year which is still more in their consciousness, thereby disregarding "early hits" .

Lastly before i shut down my computer, let me put in a word or two for Duncan Mighty and on the Lagos based/local champion stuff. First and foremost, Duncan Mighty deserves a nomination, you know why? That guy is damn talented and has a huge fan base in the south, exactly the type Timaya had 2 years ago when he had a nomination/award, besides, even Benin based Cyrus de Virus who had a nomination(Next rated category) too in the last edition, up till now does not have half of the followership Duncan Mighty commands. I can remember when peeps like us where making a case for Timaya sometime back, alot of you fellow nairalanders didn't  see what we had already seen in the now exploded Timaya. Let me stun you more, apart from 9ice, Dbanj, and Timaya, no other artiste sold more album units than Duncan Mighty last year, his songs are anthems in the whole south south. Anyway, nomination or not, time would vindicate Duncan Mighty. And mind you Duncan Mighty is only one of the numerous talented artistes scattered all over the country, we are not saying HHWA should give all the nominations/awards to these "local champs" atleast a little percentage would do; they deserve it!

As for Lagos being the commercial capital of Nigeria, that's a settled fact, but it is not your residing in Lagos that makes you blow, rather, it is your talent that does,

@baro, thanks alot for helping me,all the points u dropped here were all in my mind but i couldnt care less to be dropping dem when the people here seems to be baised so had to stick to one point and attack dem.they started deviating to another agrument like local champion leaving the main point,in that case ha d to tackle their ignorance.i thank u for coming to make ths points,i had a reason of using the street pop as a typical example so people like u dat leave in other cities can come in and tell us the street hop in ur area. the so called street hop is the most obivious cuz they were all lagos based artists with lagos hits so that means our music is jus for lagos streets. i didnt wanna get into the next rated section cuz it is very clear to us aswell,people should know dat hiphop award is a quota award and a big promotion outfit for artst like lord of ajasa
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by Baro(m): 5:50pm On Apr 19, 2009
@ Phantom,

You are most welcome . . . .
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 19, 2009
Am tired already, Just tot y'all shuld know that the group DA TRYBES will be performing @ d 4th Edition of HipHopWorld Awards 2009.The group which consist of Eldee,FreeStyle,Kaboom,SID,Sasha,Blaize,Del,Double O(although i can't tell if he's still part of d family),Timi da black one,2shortz,
And also y'all gatta brace up 4 d nu edition of d mag called THE BEEF,
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by baslone: 9:18pm On Apr 19, 2009
, Ajasa's track with 9ice was a big hit this year.
It was even bigger than our so called A-List artiste.
So that he doesnt deserve a nomination MUST BE NOTHING BUT BEEF.
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by Lastdonviii: 9:33pm On Apr 19, 2009
[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by tosinaded(m): 9:51pm On Apr 19, 2009
baslone:

, Ajasa's track with 9ice was a big hit this year.
It was even bigger than our so called A-List artiste.
So that he doesnt deserve a nomination MUST BE NOTHING BUT BEEF.

u dey mind dem?
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by seemama: 9:54pm On Apr 19, 2009
olayokun:

Am tired already, Just tot y'all shuld know that the group DA TRYBES will be performing @ d 4th Edition of HipHopWorld Awards 2009.The group which consist of Eldee,FreeStyle,Kaboom,SID,Sasha,Blaize,Del,Double O(although i can't tell if he's still part of d family),Timi da black one,2shortz,
And also y'all gatta brace up 4 d nu edition of d mag called THE BEEF,

lord of ajasa will be performing for the second time in the hiphop awards this year alongside,banky w who also performed last year and whom is also the host of the award,i wonder which new hit he will perform, others re 9ice,kel,2face, wande coal,omawumi,darey,da tyrbe, m.i. nice line up,but i dont get why banky w should be performing again when he aint got no new hits apart from the ones he had already performed last year, hey banky tell me how ayo'ass taste lol,

thank God that not bold enough to ignore great success like m.i and timaya,plus 2face,2 shot,take away this artist then it will still remain a yourba  award,so ibos are now minorites in nigeria abi,lol with only 2shot to rep them,when we have the likes of obiwon,illbliss,nigga raw but no ayo only wants to promote his boys banky w and lord of ajasa,the both artist have already performed before in hiphop award,lord of ajasa performed in 2006 and banky performed last year, ayo and friends award
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by tosinaded(m): 10:02pm On Apr 19, 2009
Psquare have been performing since the incepton of the awards!!!!
guess they are from ayo' state abi
and they are brothers!!!!!
stop spewing shit out of envy and jealousy outta ur ass
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by unix4real1(m): 10:15pm On Apr 19, 2009
Baro don talk am finish kiss Thats a very good point without a single beef.
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by eleshin(m): 11:46pm On Apr 19, 2009
i cant see any relation btw baro's analysis and those other haters analysis,baro's is against 2face nomination while others are against yoruba speaking artist.with psquare having the highest number of HHP award plaques on their shelf is enuff to turn ur argumrnt to bad one.on the other hand,faze does nt merit any nomination this year we dnt need to argue abt that.2face?baro i'm nt surprise!you know why!.all in all maybe you guys shud just tell me a more credible award in nigeria.
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by Dotman01(m): 12:53am On Apr 20, 2009
Thank u jare eleshin. @seemama. If u want to critisize d list of nominees just dnt be bias, cos i can see a lotta non yoruba guys on d list, 2face, m.i, timaya, psquare, j martins, 2 shotz, black face, naeto c, kel, YQ, dj zeez, nd lots more. Wat are u really complainin about is it dat dey are yorubas or dey are singing in yoruba?
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 20, 2009
Please Award always start from somewhere and it gradually grows, when someone does something intellectual, give it up to the person, Lagos is the entertainment and commercial capital of Nigeria so if ur song aint banging in Lagos, then it aint banging yet, it happens in main countries, even here in Kenya if ur song aint banging in Nairobi, it is not a hit,

Secondly, about songs that are mentioned but are not included, there is something called year under reveal, it cover a particular year,

Nabania is ok but i listened to it in Kenya from my friend who had it,

HipHop world award is a good initiative, Keep it up, Ayo
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by Baro(m): 11:03am On Apr 23, 2009
@ Eleshin,
Your only point seem to be that HHWA are the best and most credible award presently in Nigeria, ok let's assume thats correct. Are you saying
cos they are "credible" that makes them infallible? Let me remind you that, at every point in the history of Nigerian music industry, there has always been a credible award, but gradually they lost grip and while some has since gone underground others are only struggling to stay afloat. Remember AMEN Awards?

For HHWA to remain relevant and permanently stamp their authority in the Nigerian Music scene, they have to shun "paddy paddyism" , and be open to constructive criticism, else they we go the way of other extinct "credible awards" .
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by Dotman01(m): 5:19pm On Apr 23, 2009
Wen u wanna talk bout paddy paddy of d HHWA dats anoda case but dnt mix it wit someone being yoruba or singing in yoruba language, for example everybody was complaining bout djinee's nomination (he didnt deserve to be nominated for d next rated, and hes not a yoruba guy)and we all know dat durella should av being nominated for at least a category(a yoruba guy). So if d organisers are bias its not bout being yoruba or not dats a universal problem
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by Baro(m): 5:31pm On Apr 23, 2009
@ Dotman01,

Read my posts very well, i never spoke about tribalism(Yoruba or not), i spoke on sentiments, patronage and politics,ok .
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by Dotman01(m): 10:04pm On Apr 23, 2009
@Baro, U didnt mention anythin concernin yoruba, so i wasnt talkin to u, RIGHT? My comment was directed to seemama
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by Baro(m): 10:32pm On Apr 23, 2009
Hmmmm . . . .
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by lalaboi(m): 1:02am On Apr 24, 2009
Did you Know that DJ zeez is Igbo? tongue

I seriosuly dont know what this seesema guy is arguing about! Nabania my foot. . . .heard that song today and i was purging!
Re: Hiphop Awards Is A Paddy Paddy Awards Plz Dont Waste Ur Time And Vote by sloobtv: 1:40am On Apr 24, 2009
u dont have a point

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olamide Ft. Reminisce – Hustle Loyalty Respect / DOWNLOAD VIDEO: Joe EL – Hold On Ft. 2face Iidibia / Educative/life Changing Radio Programs And The Presenter(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.