Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,784 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) (24694 Views)

no / Be Wise And Get Enlightened – An Advice To Nigerian Rappers / Favourite Rap Lines By Nigerian Rappers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Mobinga: 2:00am On Oct 16, 2011
cool
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by amblors(m): 2:45am On Oct 16, 2011
ha ha, you finish M.I there, no rating? na wa for you o, i neva hear am sha.
then i can judge.

you want to post something on zamini's album?
with the way you tackle em for that blog, you fit give the album "-10" rating.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by MrGlobe(m): 3:51am On Oct 16, 2011
I never watched that stuff and wasn't ready to do so either but your review was on point. 12/10. Enjoyed reading it. I already knew the stuff is destined for wackness but I knew mode 9 would deliver. The difference between him and the second best 'rapper' in Nigeria is that of heaven and earth
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by clipsy: 9:32am On Oct 16, 2011
abeg ur reviews are biased, was m.i dat bad
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by amblors(m): 10:15am On Oct 16, 2011
no mind Mob, M.I wasn't that bad, i just saw the male cypher although the audio wasn't great it was clear enuf for me to know that the wackest rapper on there was Naeto C, he was so wack it was embarrasing.

btw where X.O said something along the lines of black on black on black, racks on racks on racks, isn't that a lift from WTT?

although Ice Prince said - am flyer that the birds/ no caging grin grin grin the rest of his rhymes were 'quite' ok.

Saucekid was bin hailed on twitter yesterday, the guy no do anything there.

mode9 killed the full house.

IMO - Mode9 > M.I > X.O > Ice Prince > Saucekid > Naeto C
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Blackteeth(m): 10:15am On Oct 16, 2011
Nonsense review. Everyone got opinion and taste.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by oyeakd(m): 10:35am On Oct 16, 2011
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by lalaboi(m): 10:54am On Oct 16, 2011
You can see in the video that everyone "felt" Modenine. They wer just looking in amazement. grin
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Mobinga: 10:59am On Oct 16, 2011
Lmao. That's a pure unbiased review.

Lemme go lookup Ice Princes album
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by BabaEleko(m): 11:07am On Oct 16, 2011
Ice prince nailed it! Yes. He nailed his own coffin.  grin grin That guy is a clown. Mode9 only proved that he is a world class. Simple as fcuk1ng!
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Mobinga: 11:16am On Oct 16, 2011
amblors I see you  grin

Ice Prince : I'm so amazing, I'm everblazing, I'm flyer than the birds there's no caging

Life is not fair so I'm thinking how to bleach

Flyer than a pigeon, English is broken

Pause. Didn't he jack that line from Gino?

I usually hate on MI for he's garbage lines, but cmon Ice Prince was pure Bottom. Elementary school poo.

I just updated the blog, after a second listen.

http://mobingaa..com/2011/10/bet-cypher-male-nigerian-review.html
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Ibime(m): 11:39am On Oct 16, 2011
In order of dopeness:

(1.) Modenine
(2.) Sauce Kid
(3.) MI
(4.) Naeto C
(5.) XO da Senavoe (didn't understand what he was mumbling)
(6.) Ice Prince
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by clipsy: 11:50am On Oct 16, 2011
mobinga u're just a hater, m.i wasn't bad at all, As in at al, but mode killed it, even m.i knws his boss, as for iceprince i dnt knw what happed to dat dude, he used to be dope, i remember dis line ' *read my lips and make A's in ur test*,
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by ademiami(m): 12:02pm On Oct 16, 2011
@ Mobinga
You made some very valid points there. I mean no one could claim Modenine didn't rip it. He had everything. His line had sick written over it.
Naeto C should have just skipped this stuff. I mean he is so highly repped in Africa but he just went there to pull his pants down.
Iceprince was wack. WTF is ' don't even need a hook, my barz are like fish'.
Xo. Don't even know what to say. Killz should have been invited in his place.
Sauce didn't do too badly. I think his delivery is so poor atimes that you miss out on whatever he spits.
Mobinga was quite biased as per MI. You got carried away by childish mode9 vs MI beef here on nairaland and clouded your judgement with sentiments. We all know what MI is like. If he's not on the 'tion' roll, its going to be 'ed' or something else. The thing is he made sense with it and his delivery was good. In all, I think MI came next to modenine.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by MrGlobe(m): 12:13pm On Oct 16, 2011
Lmaaoooooff @ Baba-eleko. So I get it, Ice prince was an embarrasment. All the reviews ve read so far are very harsh on dude. He was never a rapper anyways. I always knew mode 9 would not disappoint thats why I never want to watch stuff cos only one person impress. He's Nigeria hip hop. I hope say naeto c no fall hand oh. The guy is big in africa and next to mode 9
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by phantom(m): 12:45pm On Oct 16, 2011
Ibime:

In order of dopeness:

(1.) Modenine
(2.) Sauce Kid
(3.) MI
(4.) Naeto C
(5.) XO da Senavoe (didn't understand what he was mumbling)
(6.) Ice Prince
my friend no vex me o!! angry angry caman move MI to number 2, grin grin
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by phantom(m): 12:51pm On Oct 16, 2011
this na the mode nine wey rugged man chop liver say im wan decimate, i dey laugh! grin, rugged just pales,
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by rapjunkie(m): 1:42pm On Oct 16, 2011
modenine smashed it

MI was good

Ice prince sucked

sauce kid was annoying cos of the doubles on the rhymes

Natoe C was crap

XO very annoying
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by yemmyma: 4:23pm On Oct 16, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSuPST8OUbw

Watch the video here,

Modenine is the best of them all, IF you think otherwise, then you don't know crap.

Mode been consistent and he will go pound for pound with any American MC, just buy his album and see, but all these other boys are rhyming. Rap is not only about finding rhymes like Ice Prince, Naeto C.

Why should M.I introduce Mode? Mode should introduce all of them cos he is the boss.

The positive about cypher, it brought unity to the beef. So i am going to see if there is some collabo.

My two cents
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by femzy(m): 4:27pm On Oct 16, 2011
No Nigerian messes with Mode when it comes to Word Play, MI tried (even tho he was using Agidi)

IMHO; the others where just flat
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by webang: 4:57pm On Oct 16, 2011
Video link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y85BniYH7hw

Brand new Video produced by ya boy Magnum titled “United We Stand” Prod by Magnum .
This track is on some Gangsta, Sexy and Grimy “ bars galore Magnum featuring Noni Zondi & whoisparadise.
pay undivided attention to each of this artist as they resonate through your speakers with their lyrical dexterity.
Video coming outlaw enjoy
Magnum's mixtape coming soon.
Click below to buy on itunes now
http:///p4vVXS
Video directed by http://www.fullclipfilms.com/

Follow us on twitter now
@iammagnum @nonizondi@ whoisparadise
www.iammagnum.com
Thank you support.
Yours truly,
Magnum
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by webang: 4:59pm On Oct 16, 2011
Video link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y85BniYH7hw

Brand new Video produced by ya boy Magnum titled “United We Stand” Prod by Magnum .
This track is on some Gangsta, Sexy and Grimy “ bars galore Magnum featuring Noni Zondi & whoisparadise.
pay undivided attention to each of this artist as they resonate through your speakers with their lyrical dexterity.
Video coming outlaw enjoy
Magnum's mixtape coming soon.
Click below to buy on itunes now
http:///p4vVXS
Video directed by http://www.fullclipfilms.com/

Follow us on twitter now
@iammagnum @nonizondi@ whoisparadise
www.iammagnum.com
Thank you support.
Yours truly,
Magnum
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by mykali(m): 5:04pm On Oct 16, 2011
one name ====>> MODENINE cool

spare MI, the rest were jut noise to my ears
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by BabaEleko(m): 5:15pm On Oct 16, 2011
Ice Prince should bury his head in shame. Bro is beyond wack. Bro is wacka.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by phatwall: 5:24pm On Oct 16, 2011
No surprise,mode has always bin a world class cypha m.c, i expected nuthn less 4rm him, nice 1 mode.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by sakaba(m): 5:29pm On Oct 16, 2011
ice prince album is so bad that he cant listen to it too, mschew wawa kawai
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by amblors(m): 5:30pm On Oct 16, 2011
sakaba:

ice prince album is so bad that he cant listen to it too, mschew wawa kawai
no b say you talk, listening to that album is torture.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by Princek12(m): 5:33pm On Oct 16, 2011
the entire thing is useless. rapping is neither our style nor our culture. copycats don't fly well in my books. dat nigerian tongue is not made for rapping, abeg. let's stop deceiving ourselves.

the nigerian music industry is reverting to a style that did not work during its budding stage; now that it has enjoyed some limited success, many of these rappers are now complacent, as in they are trying to copy all these yankee rappers.

the use of pidgin english helped propel nigerian music to its current level, and now these copycat rappers are trying to be some american gangsta they are not. so much for low self esteem.

I personally don't listen to any nigerian rapper that tries to be american; if the style is not nigerian, count me out. my 2 cents. oya, let the abuses begin.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by BabaEleko(m): 5:35pm On Oct 16, 2011
Princek12:

the entire thing is useless. rapping is neither our style nor our culture. copycats don't fly well in my books. dat nigerian tongue is not made for rapping, abeg. let's stop deceiving ourselves.

the nigerian music industry is reverting to a style that did not work during its budding stage; now that it has enjoyed some limited success, many of these rappers are now complacent, as in they are trying to copy all these yankee rappers.

the use of pidgin english helped propel nigerian music to its current level, and now these copycat rappers are trying to be some american gangsta they are not. so much for low self esteem.

I personally don't listen to any nigerian rapper that tries to be american; if the style is not nigerian, count me out. my 2 cents. oya, let the abuses begin.

no vex grin
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by joudini(m): 5:36pm On Oct 16, 2011
I hope this shuts down once and for all who Nigeria's illest lyricist is. Anybody who can standup regardless of affiliation to say Mode9 is not the illest don't know sh!t and is better off moonwalking on landmines. Real recognise real.

This ain't d!ck riding but saying it the way it is.
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by sakaba(m): 5:42pm On Oct 16, 2011
top on d list shld have bn MODE, OD, PHERO,TERRY -JOE SPASM, and the rest
Re: Nigerian Rappers On BET Cypher (BET 2011 HipHop Awards) by mykali(m): 5:43pm On Oct 16, 2011
Princek12:

not going to abuse you, but just gonna point out that 'rapping' originated from the USA, so even those rapping in pijin or vernacuar are still 'copying' the originators of the genre. although, i agree with you, especially about the types of Naeto and Sauce who try too much to sound American.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sesan's Official Statement On Leaked Skelewu Video / M.I Best Nigerian Rapper For Now: (true/false) / Fireboy DML Becomes The First Afrobeat Artiste To Perform On BET Awards Stage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.