Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,386 members, 7,819,394 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: (7967 Views)

Why Would A Loving GOD Not Kill Satan From The Beginning And Let Live In Peace? / Nairaland Atheists Can't Go A Day Without Talking About The Loving God. / How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: by Rilwon: 11:22am On Jul 23, 2016
annunaki2, anas09 come and see Yahweh sad

2 Likes

Re: The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 23, 2016
Rilwon:

Bros you wan find trouble ba? grin
Re: The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 23, 2016
malvisguy212:
another chance to proved Allah love everyone (including unbelievers). provide a single verse in the quran , Allah love everybody including sinners.

If God loves everyone like you Christians claim what about those that go to hell?

2 Likes

Re: The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: by Rilwon: 12:33pm On Jul 23, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Bros you wan find trouble ba? grin

It's been a while, you know grin grin
Re: The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: by Rilwon: 12:34pm On Jul 23, 2016
letsbet:
Why do I have a feeling that this thread was created by some ignorant jobless dimwits poking holes at issues too delicate for their comprehension and blaspheming blindly for the sake of cheap internet point. I'll piss on anybody that quote me to say thrash. bloody corksuckrrs.

1 Like

Re: The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: by Anas09: 12:57pm On Jul 23, 2016
Rilwon:
And a Muslim in another thread " How Muhammed fits in God's plans for the Jews" is fighting very hard to proof to me that Allah is Yahweh. What is wrong with these muslims abeg. Can't you guys have one voice?
You are like your father the devil, when he speaks a lie, he speaks his natural tongue, for he is the father of all liars.

2 Likes

Re: The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: by Rilwon: 1:06pm On Jul 23, 2016
Anas09:

And a Muslim in another thread " How Muhammed fits in God's plans for the Jews" is fighting very hard to proof to me that Allah is Yahweh. What is wrong with these muslims abeg. Can't you guys have one voice?
You are like your father the devil, when he speaks a lie, he speaks his natural tongue, for he is the father of all liars.

Well Allah is Yahweh but definitely not the Yahweh of the Bible. As you yourself can see, yahweh of the Bible like the aroma of suya to the extent that he offered himself as sacrifice for himself to appease himself. You see how ridiculous that is? We all know Allah is not like this barbaric thing called yahweh in the Bible. I asked some pertinent questions in the OP, it's over ayear now, you and your fellow deluded christotard are yet to answer it? Beht why sad? I was just trying to make you guys think embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: by Anas09: 9:36pm On Jul 23, 2016
Rilwon:

Well Allah is Yahweh but definitely not the Yahweh of the Bible. As you yourself can see, yahweh of the Bible like the aroma of suya to the extent that he offered himself as sacrifice for himself to appease himself. You see how ridiculous that is? We all know Allah is not like this barbaric thing called yahweh in the Bible. I asked some pertinent questions in the OP, it's over ayear now, you and your fellow deluded christotard are yet to answer it? Beht why sad? I was just trying to make you guys think embarassed
Haven said this, you expect me to take you serious and have a discussion with you? Allah is Yahweh, but not the Yahweh of the Bible.
Rilwon. Rilwon.. Rilwon... Oh how a pity you.
I will be exactly like you, (Brian dead) if I as much as allow you cross my mind again.
Re: The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: by truthman2012(m): 10:27pm On Jul 23, 2016
But allaah also claimed he told Moses to tell muslims to sacrifice a cow. allaah too loves suya nau.

www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/nora/html/2-67.html

1 Like

Re: The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: by Seun(m): 12:08am On Jul 24, 2016
Rilwon:
All through the OT , God requires offerings for atonement of sins. Elaborate temples have to be built to very specific detail and for every sin that is committed , an animal has to be killed, bled and burnt . Or was God just a convenient explanation for grilling meat ? Maybe grilled lamb was really savory and funding was impossible unless it was a religious ritual ? I have to ask because the bible never explains why the smell of burnt meat is a satisfactory offering to receive his forgiveness.

[ Read more in the bible. ]

Clearly , the death of Jesus made up for the sacrificing of all the animals. If God required the scent of burnt offerings for atonement in the OT , why wasn't Jesus body charred for the smoke to go up to the air for God to smell? Maybe the explanation for that is that was because it was God himself . So, then, how is God satisfied with his own death ? Was it the smell of his own dying body ? Did the curiosity of being killed finally satisfy him? If so, why?
I had these same thoughts after reading Genesis recently. The first murder according to Genesis was caused by this issue of suya/BBQ. Cain, a farmer, offered what he had - his grains - to God, and yet God was displeased. Abel, a shepherd, offered sheep BBQ and God loved it. God didn't tell Cain the reason why his offering was not accepted, otherwise he would've stolen/bought Abel's sheep for BBQ instead of killing him.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: by Presbulg(m): 12:25am On Jul 24, 2016
Seun:
I had these same thoughts after reading Genesis recently. The first murder according to Genesis was caused by this issue of suya/BBQ. Cain, a farmer, offered what he had - his grains - to God, and yet God was displeased. Abel, a shepherd, offered sheep BBQ and God loved it. God didn't tell Cain the reason why his offering was not accepted, otherwise he would've stolen/bought Abel's sheep for BBQ instead of killing him.

grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: by letsbet(m): 12:30am On Jul 24, 2016
[quote author=Rilwon post=47812670][/quote]

Re: The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: by Demmzy15(m): 12:45am On Jul 24, 2016
Rilwon:

grin grin grin grin cheesy grin Chai!! I don die!!

2 Likes

Re: The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: by RobinHez(m): 7:32am On Jul 24, 2016
God required animal sacrifices to provide a temporary covering of sins and to foreshadow the perfect and complete sacrifice of Jesus Christ (Leviticus 4:35 , 5:10 ). Animal sacrifice is an important theme found throughout Scripture because “without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness” ( Hebrews 9:22 ). When Adam and Eve sinned, animals were killed by God to provide clothing for them (Genesis 3:21 ). Cain and Abel brought sacrifices to the Lord. Cain's was unacceptable because he brought fruit, while Abel's was acceptable because it was the “firstborn of his flock” ( Genesis 4:4-5 ). After the flood receded, Noah sacrificed animals to God (Genesis 8:20-21 ).
God commanded the nation of Israel to perform numerous sacrifices according to certain procedures prescribed by God. First, the animal had to be spotless. Second, the person offering the sacrifice had to identify with the animal. Third, the person offering the animal had to inflict death upon it. When done in faith, this sacrifice provided a temporary covering of sins. Another sacrifice called for on the Day of Atonement, described in Leviticus 16 , demonstrates forgiveness and the removal of sin. The high priest was to take two male goats for a sin offering. One of the goats was sacrificed as a sin offering for the people of Israel ( Leviticus 16:15 ), while the other goat was released into the wilderness (Leviticus 16:20-22 ). The sin offering provided forgiveness, while the other goat provided the removal of sin.
Why, then, do we no longer offer animal sacrifices today? Animal sacrifices have ended because Jesus Christ was the ultimate and perfect sacrifice. John the Baptist recognized this when he saw Jesus coming to be baptized and said, “Look, the lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!” (John 1:29 ). You may be asking yourself, why animals? What did they do wrong? That is the point—since the animals did no wrong, they died in place of the one performing the sacrifice. Jesus Christ also did no wrong but willingly gave Himself to die for the sins of mankind (1 Timothy 2:6 ). Jesus Christ took our sin upon Himself and died in our place. As 2 Corinthians 5:21 says, “God made him [Jesus] who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.” Through faith in what Jesus Christ accomplished on the cross, we can receive forgiveness.
In summation, animal sacrifices were commanded by God so that the individual could experience forgiveness of sin. The animal served as a substitute—that is, the animal died in place of the sinner, but only temporarily, which is why the sacrifices needed to be offered over and over. Animal sacrifices have stopped with Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ was the ultimate sacrificial substitute once for all time (Hebrews 7:27 ) and is now the only mediator between God and humanity ( 1 Timothy 2:5 ). Animal sacrifices foreshadowed Christ’s sacrifice on our behalf. The only basis on which an animal sacrifice could provide forgiveness of sins is Christ who would sacrifice Himself for our sins, providing the forgiveness that animal sacrifices could only illustrate and foreshadow.

Source : http://www.gotquestions.org/animal-sacrifices.html
Re: The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: by honourhim: 10:46am On Jul 24, 2016
Rilwon:

grin grin

My point is this: Why the aroma of burnt animals is a satisfactory offering to receive his forgiveness of yhwh?
If God required the scent of burnt offerings for atonement in the OT , why wasn't Jesus body charred for the smoke to go up to the air for God to smell? Maybe the explanation for that is that was because it was God himself . So, then, how is God satisfied with his own death ? Was it the smell of his own dying body ? Did the curiosity of being killed finally satisfy him? If so, why?

Very simple questions
Who told you that Jesus is God himself?
When Jesus was baptized, God spoke from heaven and said - this is my beloved SON in whom i am well pleased.... .
Is the above statement not explanatory enough of the place of Jesus in God?.
Why are you telling us what pastors said and using it to make your point? Obviously you have no point.
Re: The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: by honourhim: 11:27am On Jul 24, 2016
Seun:

Yea so what"s wrong if God requires the sacrifice of what he created? And if that's part of the reason he created animals What"s wrong about it?
You created Nairaland for a purpose and you are happy when that purpose is being fulfilled. Don't play hypocrisy here pls. .
Please get it into your head that God is a creator and he has a reason for everything he created. His first and major reason of creating is not to please what he created rather to please himself FIRST then us.

2 Likes

Re: The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: by Rilwon: 3:35pm On Jul 24, 2016
honourhim:
Who told you that Jesus is God himself?

Ask your fellow Christian on this board: truthman2012, malvisguy212 and co, they will tell you how jesus is god.

When Jesus was baptized, God spoke from heaven and said - this is my beloved SON in whom i am well pleased.... .
Is the above statement not explanatory enough of the place of Jesus in God?..

Well those 2 guys will explain this to you again. They will tell you Jesus has 2 nature, so therefore his other nature was the one doing the talking from heaven whike he was on earth. grin

Why are you telling us what pastors said and using it to make your point? Obviously you have no point.

A lot of christians believe jesus is god himself, catholic, Pentecostal and so on, and as a matter of fact they are reading the same bible, perhaps you are reading a different Bible from the ones they are reading.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: by Rilwon: 3:45pm On Jul 24, 2016
honourhim:

Yea so what"s wrong if God requires the sacrifice of what he created?

The meaning of sacrifice is quite diverse, but in the context of this thread, we are talking about burnt animals sacrifice as offering to pacify god. If actually you are standiing on this point that Yahweh was right to liken aroma of burnt animals as sacrifice, what then is the different between yahweh and our locals african gods like Ogun, Sango and co?

And if that's part of the reason he created animals What"s wrong about it?

grin grin grin nothing. Lol

You created Nairaland for a purpose and you are happy when that purpose is being fulfilled. Don't play hypocrisy here pls.
Please get it into your head that God is a creator and he has a reason for everything he created. His first and major reason of creating is not to please what he created rather to please himself FIRST then us.

There goes the Christian logic.. Hehehehe..

Well then, you still haven't answered this question:
If God required the scent of burnt offerings for atonement in the OT , why wasn't Jesus body charred for the smoke to go up to the air for God to smell? Maybe the explanation for that is that was because it was God himself . So, then, how is God satisfied with his own death ? Was it the smell of his own dying body ? Did the curiosity of being killed finally satisfy him? If so, why?

2 Likes

Re: The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: by truthman2012(m): 4:41pm On Jul 24, 2016
Rilwon:

allaah too loves suya as I said above.

Here comes your usual lie again. Where else did you find Yahweh other than in the Bible?

allaah himself told Muhammad to tell the Jews and Christians who believed not in him that what they worshipped was not him. The Jews and Christians believed in Yahweh and allaah identified himself different from Him.

[Quran 109:1-6]

[1]. Say: O disbelievers!(i.e Jews and Christians who believed not in allaah - Quran 9:29)

[2] I worship not that which ye worship;

[3] Nor worship ye that which I worship.

[4] And I shall not worship that which ye worship.

[5] Nor will ye worship that which I worship.

[6] Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.

allaah told Muhammad he is not Yahweh the God of the Jews and Christians. It shows he (allaah) is no other than an Arabian idol and that is why muslims worship him the same way meccan pagans worship their idols.

1 Like

Re: The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: by Rilwon: 4:55pm On Jul 24, 2016
Lol.. Mumu man, you saw the mention up there but refused to address by attacking another thing.

truthman2012:

allaah too loves suya as I said above.

Here comes your usual lie again. Where else did you find Yahweh other than in the Bible?

allaah himself told Muhammad to tell the Jews and Christians who believed not in him that what they worshipped was not him. The Jews and Christians believed in Yahweh and allaah identified himself different from Him.

[Quran 109:1-6]

[1]. Say: O disbelievers!(i.e Jews and Christians who believed not in allaah - Quran 9:29)

[2] I worship not that which ye worship;

[3] Nor worship ye that which I worship.

[4] And I shall not worship that which ye worship.

[5] Nor will ye worship that which I worship.

[6] Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.

allaah told Muhammad he is not Yahweh the God of the Jews and Christians. It shows he (allaah) is no other than an Arabian idol and that is why muslims worship him the same way meccan pagans worship their idols.

Well, I've made my points, you can continue blabbing cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: by Niflheim(m): 5:08pm On Jul 24, 2016
They tell us not to be carnal minded and attached to the things of this world?............
..........and yet they worship a god who is "carne" minded and attached to the suya-smells of this world?!!!

"Carne" is the spanish word for meat!!!

1 Like

Re: The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: by truthman2012(m): 5:18pm On Jul 24, 2016
Rilwon:
Lol.. Mumu man, you saw the mention up there but refused to address by attacking another thing.

Terrorist !!!

Even your koran debunks your claim. Liar, slave of al-liar (allaah).

1 Like

Re: The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: by Rilwon: 5:29pm On Jul 24, 2016
truthman2012:

Terrorist !!!

Even your koran debunks your claim. Liar, slave of al-liar (allaah).
grin

2 Likes

Re: The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jul 24, 2016
How about the ram-loving/virgin-giving Allah of the Quran?

1 Like

Re: The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: by Rilwon: 5:55pm On Jul 24, 2016
lordnicklaus:
How about the ram-loving/virgin-giving Allah of the Quran?

Hehehehe. You know nothing. grin

First of all deny or, acknowledge the OP and i will answer your question undecided

1 Like

Re: The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: by honourhim: 5:59pm On Jul 24, 2016
Rilwon:

grin grin grin nothing. Lol

Well then, you still haven't answered this question:

You still have refused to see the answer to your questions which i provided simply because you want to make unneccessary mockery of the scripture. .
Now get this clear.
God wanted burnt sacrifices of ANIMALS not HUMAN.
When God told Abraham to sacrifice Isaac for him why did He (God) stop Abraham from going ahead to kill Isaac if he wanted burnt sacrifices of human?
And he provided a lamb there for Abraham to use for the sacrifice in place of Isaac. Why will he provide a lamb if he wanted a burnt sacrifice of human?
You are the one that failed to see that God wanted burnt sacrifices of ANIMALS and NOT HUMANS.
Re: The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: by honourhim: 6:34pm On Jul 24, 2016
Rilwon:

Oh ok you ve admitted here that your koran is blabbing because what he posted here is your koran and not his own words.
Now that he has quoted one of the stinking portions of your koran you want to use style and dodge him.
Anyways you ve said it all that your koran is blabbing and the message is clear.
Re: The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: by Rilwon: 7:37pm On Jul 24, 2016
honourhim:

Oh ok you ve admitted here that your koran is blabbing because what he posted here is your koran and not his own words.
Now that he has quoted one of the stinking portions of your koran you want to use style and dodge him.
Anyways you ve said it all that your koran is blabbing and the message is clear.

I can address it, but it would derail this thread, so i wont tongue
Re: The "Suya-loving" God Of The Bible: by honourhim: 8:40pm On Jul 24, 2016
Rilwon:

You are the one that is not getting it.. What is the need for Jesus sacrifice if all he wanted was burnt sacrifices of animals? If he is delighted in the aroma of animals before he can forgive sin, what makes you think he was delighted in the sacrifice of jesus when he wasn't an animal neither was he roasted like they do for animals in the OT?

All he wanted?? Nah.. There is no place in the bible that he said that all he wanted was a burnt sacrifice of animal to forgive sins and thats not what i said pls.
What i said is that God does not require burnt sacrifice of human. What i mean here is that there is no place he required that a human should be used in a BURNT sacrifice. If a sacrifice should be burnt it must be only animals and NOT HUMAN. Thats the point.
Also its not all the burnt sacrifices in the scriptures that were made for sin. Some were made for thanksgiving and appreciation too God so dont mix things up. The Abraham example i gave was not even a sacrifice of atonement of sin that he required from him at that time.

infact the major thing about the forgiveness of sin is the shedding of blood which was the reason Jesus died so that his blood will be shed once and for all to replace the blood of the animals which were used in the past to atone for sins. And the birth and death of Jesus was prophesied right from the old testament so dont thiink it is an invention of the new testament age as it seems you are thinking,
it is simply Yaweh's plan and how he wanted to go of which you and i cant change it.

He is the greatest and he runs his affairs as he wants it. Those who are angry with him can only be angry and nothing more can they do to him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

As Christians, How Can We Overcome Sin? / BAKONGO (BANTU) People Are Israelites of The Southern Kingdom Of YAHUNDE (JUDAH) / My Idea On Who Created God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.