Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,825 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense (3314 Views)

Man Closes Company Account With GT Bank Over Innoson Saga(photo) / Innocent Chukwuma: "GT Bank Is Using EFCC To Intimidate, Fight Me" / Help, GT Bank No Longer Allows Dollar Cheque Deposit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by kay29000(m): 1:18pm On Sep 23, 2015
Pls guys, advise me on the next move to take. I got paid $100 into my GT Bank Domiciliary acct on Monday, and when I went to collect today, I was told I couldn't withdraw it. They said it is the new policy with the bank, and that I could only transfer it to someone who needed to use dollar online. The thing is, I am really really broke right now, and I need that dough, but I don't know anyone that needs $100 so I can sell it it to him/her online. I don't even do Internet banking.

Pls, any advise is welcome. Thanks in advance.
Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by nickyvil: 1:25pm On Sep 23, 2015
Go back to your bank, link your saving or current normal nigeria account to it, you can then withdraw from your ATM, that's how I operate my dorm account. I link the account to my normal account so I use my debitcard to cash out the money on the ATM machine.
Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by kay29000(m): 1:27pm On Sep 23, 2015
nickyvil:
Go back to your bank, link your saving or current normal nigeria account to it, you can then withdraw from your ATM, that's how I operate my dorm account. I link the account to my normal account so I use my debitcard to cash out the money on the ATM machine.

God bless you. Let me go and do it now. You are a life saver men!
Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by nickyvil: 1:29pm On Sep 23, 2015
kay29000:

God bless you. Let me go and do it now. You are a life saver men!

wink
Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by kay29000(m): 1:53pm On Sep 23, 2015
nickyvil:

wink

Men!!! I heard it is not possible with gt bank!!!! Back to square one. cry

1 Like

Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by nickyvil: 1:58pm On Sep 23, 2015
kay29000:

You can make a transfer right
Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by kay29000(m): 2:05pm On Sep 23, 2015
nickyvil:

You can make a transfer right

No. I don't do internet banking.
Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by nickyvil: 2:09pm On Sep 23, 2015
kay29000:

No. I don't do internet banking.

If you want to get your money you better do internet bank so you can transfer your money or apply for a debit or credit card
Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by thegame(m): 2:15pm On Sep 23, 2015
@OP...it's CBN Policy. Your title is misleading. You made it seem like GTBank is keeping your money from you without just cause or something.

We all know how our economy is really struggling and trying to tackle corruption, money laundering, fall in naira value and so on. We just have to bear with the changes and/or inconveniences for now.

The policy states that if your business or account doesn't generate cash deposits, you dont get paid cash. So if you get paid via transfer, you only transfer out also. And If you pay in cash deposits of the foreign currency, you get cash at the counter.

I can only suggest you use internet banking to get this money out. If you have naira accounts, activate internet banking and Purchase a token device at any of their branches and try to convert the money to naira, then withdraw anywhere, anyhow you want it.

By the way, i hope you are aware of the limit on daily overseas spending limits on naira mastercard as well. It's happening with all banks, not only GTB.
Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by kay29000(m): 2:32pm On Sep 23, 2015
nickyvil:

If you want to get your money you better do internet bank so you can transfer your money or apply for a debit or credit card

I don't know anything about internet banking...I don't have any money on me at all to process anything. Thanks for your time.
Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by bedfordng(m): 2:32pm On Sep 23, 2015
try and get internet banking and use the fx sale option from gtbank to withdraw
Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by homebase(m): 2:33pm On Sep 23, 2015
Please i am also in the same situation with the Op.

My $300 adsense is left in the hanging with Gtbank.

I was told yesterday i can't withdraw via counter except
through internet banking.

So right there yesterday i activated internet banking and collected token ( i coughed out un-budgeted #2,105)

I guess it is time to change bank.

So @nickyvi or anyone, how do i make the transfer?

Side Ranting: While Nigerian youths are working hard to stabilize naira and the economy via bringing in foreign currencies
by working online as freelancers, affiliate marketers, forex traders, kindle publishers e.t.c, some few people who are fortunate
to be sitting under corporate A/C are making obnoxious and anti digital economy age banking policy base on outdated theories
they copy from 1875 Economics text books.

If they don't watch it and observe what digital economy is saying, they will soon run many of their company aground.

Off ranting.

2 Likes

Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by homebase(m): 2:51pm On Sep 23, 2015
@thegame, are you one of them? Only God know where these people are getting their economy theories.

Because around August this year, GTBank sent email to customers that she won't accept or has suspended
receipts of foreign currency cash deposits into domiciliary accounts.

And @ thegame here is defending them by saying " And If you pay in cash deposits of the foreign currency,
you get cash at the counter"

What a contradiction! when the GTBank said in the quote above she has stopped accepting foreign currency
cash deposits into domiciliary accounts.

Banking and economy policies confusion everywhere.

thegame:
@OP...it's CBN Policy. Your title is misleading. You made it seem like GTBank is keeping your money from you without just cause or something.

We all know how our economy is really struggling and trying to tackle corruption, money laundering, fall in naira value and so on. We just have to bear with the changes and/or inconveniences for now.

The policy states that if your business or account doesn't generate cash deposits, you dont get paid cash. So if you get paid via transfer, you only transfer out also. And If you pay in cash deposits of the foreign currency, you get cash at the counter.

I can only suggest you use internet banking to get this money out. If you have naira accounts, activate internet banking and Purchase a token device at any of their branches and try to convert the money to naira, then withdraw anywhere, anyhow you want it.

By the way, i hope you are aware of the limit on daily overseas spending limits on naira mastercard as well. It's happening with all banks, not only GTB.
Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by homebase(m): 3:12pm On Sep 23, 2015
As i am also facing similar situation with Op but i have internet banking with token.

But when i tried to use GTBank FX sale option, their exchange rate was ridiculous to say the least,
( $1=#199.something i don't remember).

When i call an operator in Ikeja, he said he is buying $1=#220, see the difference.
Had it been the guy is doing internet banking, i would have been very happy.

bedfordng:
Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by kay29000(m): 3:55pm On Sep 23, 2015
bedfordng:

Pls can you break it down for me? After I get the internet bank thingy, how exactly do I withdraw the money? You said I should use the fx option to withdraw the money...How exactly? Pls bear with me, I am not really tech savvy.
Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by StPete: 4:19pm On Sep 23, 2015
kay29000:
Pls guys, advise me on the next move to take. I got paid $100 into my GT Bank Domiciliary acct on Monday, and when I went to collect today, I was told I couldn't withdraw it. They said it is the new policy with the bank, and that I could only transfer it to someone who needed to use dollar online. The thing is, I am really really broke right now, and I need that dough, but I don't know anyone that needs $100 so I can sell it it to him/her online. I don't even do Internet banking.

Pls, any advise is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Maybe we can swap. Send me a pm
Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by kay29000(m): 4:25pm On Sep 23, 2015
StPete:

Maybe we can swap. Send me a pm

I just sent you a pm.
Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by Vinshu(f): 7:06pm On Sep 23, 2015
homebase:
As i am also facing similar situation with Op but i have internet banking with token.

But when i tried to use GTBank FX sale option, their exchange rate was ridiculous to say the least,

When i call an operator in Ikeja, he said he is buying $1=#220, see the difference.

199 is standard interbank rate sir. All banks.

You cannot compare a whole bank with an operator in Ikeja. The only way is to use the FX Sale option to cash the money and if you want at that same 220.. Find someone who would be willing to buy your dollar ant 220 and still receive the money via transfer. Then transfer it to the person and get your naira.

Otherwise no way. 199 all the way.
Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 23, 2015
nickyvil:
Hello Mr! Kindly post what you have practice not what you think as it's isn't possible anywhere to link savings/current account to domiciliary. That's why there is Naira M@stercard and Dollar Vis@card and for the Op, the best method is to activate internet banking and log into your account and convert your dollar to Naira and kindly walk to any bank and withdraw your money via ATM or apply for Dollar Visa card.
Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by kay29000(m): 10:00pm On Sep 23, 2015
fados4sure:

Hello Mr! Kindly post what you have practice not what you think as it's isn't possible anywhere to link savings/current account to domiciliary. That's why there is Naira M@stercard and Dollar Vis@card and for the Op, the best method is to activate internet banking and log into your account and convert your dollar to Naira and kindly walk to any bank and withdraw your money via ATM or apply for Dollar Visa card.

Thanks for this information. But they are very harsh at GT o! They kept telling me they had no dollar...It was when I got to the third branch that the guy I talked to told me the koko, that the new CBN policy won't allow me withdraw the money, and that I had to look for someone that needed dollar so that I can sell it to him. I was like, which kind of process be this/ Where will I find someone that needs $100? If they had given me this option, shebi I would have had the money in my hand now, and not be soaking garri. Thanks once again. I will do that on Monday.
Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by Nobody: 1:09am On Sep 24, 2015
kay29000:

Thanks for this information. But they are very harsh at GT o! They kept telling me they had no dollar...It was when I got to the third branch that the guy I talked to told me the koko, that the new CBN policy won't allow me withdraw the money, and that I had to look for someone that needed dollar so that I can sell it to him. I was like, which kind of process be this/ Where will I find someone that needs $100? If they had given me this option, shebi I would have had the money in my hand now, and not be soaking garri. Thanks once again. I will do that on Monday.
It is well. Garri may endure for the weekend and joy comment by Monday.
Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by bedfordng(m): 8:31am On Sep 24, 2015
kay29000:

Pls can you break it down for me? After I get the internet bank thingy, how exactly do I withdraw the money? You said I should use the fx option to withdraw the money...How exactly? Pls bear with me, I am not really tech savvy.
gtbank fx exchange enables you to exchange your foreign currency to naira by transfering it to your savings account. Its not difficult, you just have to specify the dollar account to withdraw from and your savings account.you get the cash instantly

only drawback is that you get less cash when using it compare to when selling to black market.

You will see fx sale on gtbank internet banking platform, click on it to start the exchange
Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by kay29000(m): 8:33am On Sep 24, 2015
bedfordng:
gtbank fx exchange enables you to exchange your foreign currency to naira by transfering it to your savings account. Its not difficult, you just have to specify the dollar account to withdraw from and your savings account.you get the cash instantly

only drawback is that you get less cash when using it compare to when selling to black market.

You will see fx sale on gtbank internet banking platform, click on it to start the exchange

Okay. Thanks a lot. I am grateful.
Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by needinfo: 8:48am On Sep 24, 2015
homebase:

so can you give us the contact of the dealer so we can try him. Is the operator reliable and legit.
Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by bedfordng(m): 6:36pm On Sep 24, 2015
IJAMSOLUTION:

He needs to activate Internet banking and then get token device which will cost him N2,100
before he will be able to send the money out to another GTBANK account or perform fxsales.

Note that student account cannot be used for fxsales.
yeah, i believe he knows because i mentioned its from internet banking.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by fxbot: 7:50pm On Sep 24, 2015
kay29000:

you are just making things difficult for yourself. Go activate internet banking, get token device and transfer the money from your dorm to your savings account, withdraw with ATM. Shikena
Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by MyInfoo: 11:17pm On Sep 24, 2015
jjkkssd
Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by zheroes(m): 6:32am On Sep 25, 2015
fxbot:
you are just making things difficult for yourself. Go activate internet banking, get token device and transfer the money from your dorm to your savings account, withdraw with ATM. Shikena
hope you know the rate will be bank rate
Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by Promise323: 5:22pm On Sep 27, 2015
Does this really mean I can't withdraw my money from GT Bank. Tomorrow? The money adsense sent to me?
Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by Promise323: 5:24pm On Sep 27, 2015
Wait guys, is this really true? That adsense earnings that was sent to me this month by adsense to my GT Bank savings account, that I will not cash it out?
Re: Help!!! GT Bank Wont Release My $100 From Google Adsense by homebase(m): 9:23am On Sep 28, 2015
Yes, you can not cash out. That is challenge i am facing since last week.

As a matter of fact, this issue made me activated internet banking and bought
their token.

But when i try to sell the dollar to GTbank via their FX sale internet bank
the rate at which they want to buy made me cancel the transaction.

This week i am preparing to close GBank account and go to another bank.

Promise323:
Wait guys, is this really true? That adsense earnings that was sent to me this month by adsense to my GT Bank savings account, that I will not cash it out?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Become Part Of This Startup Business Idea / Builddirect Africa: Laser Cutting As A Business In Nigeria / Diary: How I Wan Take Make This Money?(real Life Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.