Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,710 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account (11664 Views)

Angry Nigerian Man Strips Naked At Gtbank To Request Back His Stolen Money / How My Roommate Stole 120,000 Naira From My ATM Card And How I Caught Him / Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by pushkin(f): 8:36pm On Apr 15, 2009
Help.  My account was tampered with at a gtb branch and about 80,000 naira was removed from my account without my knowledge by a staff of Gtb that is supposed to be my friend, all because I owed her some money.but i was supposed to pay back next month and all i owed her was 65,000 naira.

pls, what should i do because she didn't have the right to enter my account through online banking. its illegal. That means our money is not save in the bank. A whole GTB.

SHOULD I SUE THE BANK? angry

Official Response:
Hi Guys. i want to apologize for not dealing with this issue sooner. My name is Mayor, and i work in the Brand Communications Unit of GTBank. Please i want to state here categorically that there is NO WHERE in the world where a transaction can occur on an account without an authorization tool for such a transfer.
My Bank offers services, Transfers or otherwise through:
*Cheques.
*Cash Cards.
*MasterCards.
*Visa Cards.
*Online/Internet Banking.
*GTConnect, our self service contact center.

1. NONE of these transfers can occur without a Transaction confirmation device. For the Cheques, its the physical cheque leaf. For the Cash and Mastercards, its the Name and security pin. For the Online Banking, we have our security tokens that authorize transfers.

2. Also at the end of the day, all operations heads usually go over all transactions in their respective branches. It is very unlikely that if such a transfer occurred, it would not have  been detected.

This is a very simple case. If this case is as you have reported, Please walk into the nearest GTBank branch and ask to see the Operations Head. You can also send me your details, and I can assure you that this issue will be escalated and your friend is likely to loose her job and face prosecution for theft. My e-mail is mayor.esiaba@gtbank.com
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-261998.128.html#msg3756257
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by promise72(m): 3:17am On Apr 16, 2009
consider her money paid or report to the manager undecided
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by Nobody: 5:40am On Apr 16, 2009
grin grin grin grin but u owe her 80k,dont you?why owe when you have the said amount in your account to offset your "GBESE", grin grin grin grin ,anway all said and done,she has no right to do what she did,go to your branch,and report to the branch manager,dont say you know she hacked into your account,just say your balance is not a true reflection of your money position period,let them do there investigation from there.
CIAO
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by SeanT21(f): 5:48am On Apr 16, 2009
ROTFLMAO @ Topic

Nothing.You dont have to pay her anymore. wink
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by PeeDaVinci: 7:05am On Apr 16, 2009
i know say ur guy no fit just do that thing if u guys never drag am reach the level wey be say he no get option but to do what he/she did, so, i have u to blame in the first place, why you go owe ur guy wen u get big money for bank, it is not faor from ur side at alll, anyways, that on one side, going to the issue of ur frend, if u stil like him, make him know that if u take up the issue with him, he may loose his job. but if u no like am. demand to know how 80,000 got missing from your account as you didnt authorise its payment to anybody - at the end of the day, u will get that money back and ur friend will be biting his fingers
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by Becalm(m): 7:16am On Apr 16, 2009
Was N80,000.00 the exact amount u owed her? How long has she been demanding for that money? If u had that kind of money and still refused to pay then u are not a good friend either. U must have pushed her to that action. I condemn her action completely. If her friendship means anything to you, simply ask her to return the money so that both of u can settle normally OR u can bluff: if u dont return my money I will report u to the management.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by deor03(m): 7:18am On Apr 16, 2009
Tell her to return your money ASAP.

Then you too pay your debt ASAP.

It could be very annoying for people like her, to see [b] people like you [/b]not keeping to the terms of your loans; even when you have enough money to pay her back.

1 Like

Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by Nobody: 7:23am On Apr 16, 2009
grin   grin    grin    cheesy    cheesy     shocked      cool      kiss   

50 - 50 GOD NO GO  VEX! DO ME I DO YOU!  grin

BUT YOUR FRIEND IS ABSOLUTE WRONG TO WITHDRAW YOUR MONEY FROM YOUR OWN PERSONAL ACCOUNT WITHOUT YOUR CONSENT! YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THATS TOO BAD!!!!!!!!!!
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by niyyie(m): 7:28am On Apr 16, 2009
I don't care about the reasons behind it. A GTBank staff manually tampering with your account without your consent? That is not just illegal, it is CRIMINAL.
Report to management!!!
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by aduje(m): 7:37am On Apr 16, 2009
@ Poster,
If your consider the GTBank staff as a friend who helped you financially to the extent that you owe him/her N80k, just take it like that because you exhibited an element of greed.

On the contrary, if you choose to draw a battleline with this said fellow, just report to GTBank branch where your account is domicilled and your 'friend' may loose the job or even jailed. If he/she is a member of CIBN, the body may place an embargo. BUT REMEMBER THE FELLOW IS A FRIEND AND LOOSING JOB WILL NOT BENEFIT ANY OF YOU!

1 Like

Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by MERCADO(m): 7:44am On Apr 16, 2009
well, i will say that what your friend had done is wrong, but i still find it very difficult to agreed with you. because. gtb has not train their staff in such a way. i suggest that you should report  the issues to  your account officer, and i'm strongly believes that he/she will look unto it.  finally, you should try as much as possible to stay away from him,for he is not a good friend.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by saintphone: 7:55am On Apr 16, 2009
Too bad of your friend,you need get more clarification from a nearby branch
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by 9ja4u(m): 8:06am On Apr 16, 2009
Your friend have no right to hack into your account for whatsoever reason. It is fraud as simple as that. Your owing her does not give her the right to dip her hand in the till, even if there is a billion Dolls in the account. In an organized environment she should be fired, that's a breach of trust and what ever they usually say in such situations.

All the same make you go pay am, how you go get money and you no wan pay ur gbese  
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by fender(m): 8:14am On Apr 16, 2009
I KNOW U WOULDN'T WANT TO BE INSTRUMENTAL TO YOUR FRIEND'S QUICK EXIT FROM THE BANK, COS THAT WAS UNPROFESSIONAL OF HER.
JUST TAKE IT AS A RECOMPENSE FOR YOUR GBESE AND WARN HER NEVER TO TRY IT AGAIN IF NOT FOR ANYTHING ATLEAST TO HER RESPECT THE PRIVACY OF YOUR ACCOUNT,

1 Like

Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by ugees(m): 8:15am On Apr 16, 2009
Issues of money are usually dicy. Ur frnd did wrong for collecting money u may have budgeted for some other use,maybe equally pressing as her need. Yes, she may need the money badly too. Hw have u been telling her to chill for her money? What she did was extreme. Only an extreme need or an unreasonable person culd do what she did. U need to find out her motive b4 taking any action. But u sha, y u dey owe banker?

1 Like

Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by idrisbaba: 8:24am On Apr 16, 2009
What she did is Illegal, if she's reported she's gonna be fired,thatz 4 sure, since she's ur frnd its better u save her job by nt reporting to the management, so settle it out of office!

1 Like

Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by whassup: 8:27am On Apr 16, 2009
thats  very bad how can someone dip hands into someone else's account because he his your friend and he is oweing you.in an organised environment.thats pure fraud he doesnt have the right what of if the money was not kept in his bank would he have had access to that money.anyway the ball is in your court if its something you can settle amicably pls do so that he wont loose his job.but if not you can report it to the bank.but even you too you are funny why borrow money or buy sometin u are not going to pay for.always live up to your words and cut your coat according to your size.friends are not always friends when it comes to the issuse of money

1 Like

Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by IFELEKE(m): 8:38am On Apr 16, 2009
@Poster,
First of all, You are a thief for borrowing and refusing to return in due time despite the fact that you have the means to.
Secondly,Your friend is a criminal for going against the code of  proffessional conduct as regards to working in a bank.
The Option lies in your court,either you report your friend to the appropriate authorities and get him/her sacked(which am sure Gtb will do immediately) or you keep your mouth shut and accept your dilema in good faith.

1 Like

Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by ahf(m): 8:42am On Apr 16, 2009
Please how did you confirm that 80k was removed from your account by your friend?

What does your account statement read?

Is it a Savings or Current acct?
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by wooleyboi(m): 8:55am On Apr 16, 2009
No sane person will do that for c'mn 80k, pls re investigate and be sure, if that if true, demand how your money got missing from the bank managent, they will do the rest, you have no business with the girl. afterwards settle all you owe and part ways for good. she can kill!
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by blacksta(m): 9:02am On Apr 16, 2009
If this true then Nigeria is a useless country
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by onyke: 9:13am On Apr 16, 2009
my dear friend,that's bad,i work in a bank and have friends who owe me but can't tamper their accounts. How true is this your story,can a withdrawal be made from your account without your signature,or are u saying your signature was forged? what is d story?
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by MrCrackles(m): 9:21am On Apr 16, 2009
Topic

Why you sef dey owe person money when you have enough to pay the debt in your account! grin

Anyway it is not right to go behind you and draw out funds from your account, so you have a case i guess! grin

You prolly wont get anymore than "putting your friend out of work"!

1 Like

Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by JJYOU: 9:23am On Apr 16, 2009
if what you are saying is true it is wrong and cannot be done. go to the bank and get your money back. they will probably suspend or sack your friend too. hope you dont want this on your shoulders.

how can you owe a person and keep the money in the bank?

1 Like

Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by abhosts(m): 9:28am On Apr 16, 2009
See what happens when a bank employs children to work for them.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by superstar1(m): 9:30am On Apr 16, 2009
the logical questions the poster should answer 1st are:

1. how long have u been owing ur friend dat helped u in the time of need?
2. was ur signature forged?
3. who authorised the withdrawal or were u debited witout any instrument?
4. why didn';t u pay the money u owe despite the fact that u have the money?
5. did u think u treated ur friend fairly?

the poster should answer this questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The unauthorised withdrawal on ur account is totally unprofessional of ur friend and you too you are very bad friend by repaying evil with good.One should runaway from you. report ur friend and let her loss her job and i am assuring she will come after u whether physically and spirituallyLMAO

1 Like

Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by sheilchi(f): 9:33am On Apr 16, 2009
LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION,  sadYou pushed him/her to the wall and that'svery bad.You didn't tell us how she pleaded for you to pay up but you refused.if she gets punished for this then have it at the back of your mind that one day you'll get your own cut of the deal.I believein the law of KARMA , I am not in support of what your friend did.please settle amicably
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by toluwalomo(m): 9:38am On Apr 16, 2009
Hmmm, It cud be frustrating not paying a debt and the debtor is actually looking at money sitting pretty in an account.

Not justifying what she did, but with the benefit of hindsight, you should have just paid up.

Consider it a game of compromise.

She did wrong entering your account illegally, but you also bear a brunt of the blame, not paying up when you had the money to do so.

Now you have paid (forcefully I must add) just let it go. Do not report her. You can tell her you did not like the means with which she got her money back.

However, I doubt if that would hold water because you were trying to be smart yourself.

1 Like

Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by newbride: 9:50am On Apr 16, 2009
This is just wrong i don't care if you owed her 1m.

1) She isn't ur friend
2) She's a thief in disguise and am sure she's part of the people that withdraw from peoples account without their knowledge

This is just wrong, CRIMINAL, ANNOYING

if i were in ur shoes i'll report her if she looses her job it will teach her a lesson NEVER to tamper with people's account without their consent. Stupid Nigerians. People like her make moving back to nigeria a horror movie. hisses and angry
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by peleoju(f): 10:02am On Apr 16, 2009
how much ar u owing ur friend? anyway what he did is bad and against the ethics of his profession.u r as well wrong for not paying your debt on time.

1 Like

Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by maxtop(m): 10:07am On Apr 16, 2009
Bros,with all sincerity you are wicked, Haba,at this time of "economic crunch","global meltdown","global recession", you
are owing somebody 80 grand when in actual sense you have the means to payback the money, what your friend did was totally unprofessional and highly unethical but for friendship sake you have to pardon her for that , she did it out of annoyance. You she helped you when you are in need of the money and one good turns they say deserves another, dont takeup the case with her as this could result to loosing her job and am sure you wont want her to roam about the street looking for another job, behave maturely and make her realise what she did was wrong, Cheers.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by deor03(m): 10:08am On Apr 16, 2009
blacksta:

If this true then Nigeria is a useless country

What has Nigeria got to do with this AGAIN angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

HOW you can make over $75 daily from fiverr all free in here / Dredgers or Dredging Machine For Hire Or Rent In Lagos And Other Parts i Nigeria / Top 6 Websites To Make Extra Money Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.