Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? (23354 Views)

Photo Of The Day: The Groomsmen And The Bridesmaids (Extremely Funny) / Wedding Boasts Of 80 Bridesmaids / The Bridal Gallery:Gowns,Bridesmaid Dresses,Hair & Accessories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by SeanT21(f): 5:54am On Apr 17, 2009
I think the bride should pay for all the dresses.She is the one in need of the maid. wink
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by finemocha(f): 6:25am On Apr 17, 2009
nne honestly, this is ur friend's sister's wedding. if u foot 15,000 for her how much do u expect to pay for ur own friend's wedding. being a brides maid is a priviledge make sure the person u are doing it for is worth it.
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by FBS: 7:22am On Apr 17, 2009
EbeleAmobi:

Its d bridesmaid of course unless she is still young.Shoutout 2 all chelsea fan
didnt know Chelsea has so many football "chicks" wink. Lovely. relocate to the main chelsea thread and stand up for the BLUES.

@poster: I don't know if there are any rules to as to who foots the bill. If you got the money, then foot the bill. simple. And if you cant, well, look for other alternatives.
And again like someone rightly said, it depends on how close the person is to you.
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by smooooooth: 7:53am On Apr 17, 2009
the bridesmaids pay. cos the couples see it as doing you a favour, you get the opportunity of being in the spot light and getting noticed. what any other girl will kill for. pity cry
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by oluite(f): 7:59am On Apr 17, 2009
back in those days it used to be d couple.av bin a bridemaids twice for family but neva paid for a dress but i do try to support the couple in other ways.had a friend who told me i will be her chief brides maid cos her sister can''t afford the dress,accessories,hair n makeup plus trans.I told her i'll tink abot,i later told her No.she was upset but i cudnt afford it too.it's always beta to findout wat is required of u b4 u say yes.
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by Lady2(f): 8:02am On Apr 17, 2009
No one answered Dae's question, please can someone give me an average cost of a wedding in Naija. I don't want "it depends on your budget" kind of answer, lol.
For someone living abroad, how much should one take to naija for wedding? Advice and answers would be greatly appreciated

I am a bit confused on what ur asking but will try my best.

In the U.S. the average cost of a wedding is $10,000.
I am not sure how much it is in Naija but I've heard about #1,000,000
If ur asking about how much would a person spend on a wedding in naija, i would say look at my above statement.
If ur asking how much should a person take to naija for a wedding that is not their own, i would say it depends on the person and the relationship they have with the bride/groom
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by bee22(f): 8:08am On Apr 17, 2009
Nowadays,the bridesmaids pay for their dresses themselves. The couple already have enuff to worry about.Before i agree to be someone's bridesmaid,i always find out how much it will cost me and if i can afford it i'll do it and if i can't i will just say kpelee.Same thing for asoebi mehn, A friend called me a couple of days ago to tell me her sister is getting married and asoebi is 15k for 3yrds of lace and half gele,i should call her so that she can keep for me before it finishes, call ko,call ni.

The most logical arrangement i think should be a case where the bridesmaid pays for her dress and shoes and the couple pay for the rest (make-up, hair styling, accesories ).
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by ud4u: 9:22am On Apr 17, 2009
During my own wedding , I took care of all the dressing for chief braids maid and bridal train, but not their foot wears and hair, but I bought some things for their hair decoration not the weavon.
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by Kx: 10:08am On Apr 17, 2009
The bridegroom should pay.
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by ijleke(f): 10:13am On Apr 17, 2009
2 poster for me am buying the material for the dress the accesorries ( earings) and i pay for there hair. they pay for there shoes and sewing. I guess its easy.
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 17, 2009
///
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by Theblessed(f): 11:27am On Apr 17, 2009
Well, its usually the Bride and Groom except where

you voluntarily wish to pay for it or part of it else, 

Tradition dictates, he who invites the guest brings

the KOLA, that's normal in many parts of the world.
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by Roughlen(m): 11:51am On Apr 17, 2009
This thread would have been very useful before my wedding.
I never knew Maids of honour, brides maid, bestmen, groomsmen etc are suppose to buy their stuff cos i provided for them all including the little bride and groom. angry
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by AmakaOne(f): 12:40pm On Apr 17, 2009
Are people still doing big weddings in these hard economic tmes?

Naija people una dey try o!

Personally I don't do wedding parties. Waaay too much hassle and unnecessary hypertension and stress , enough to age a person by at least 4 years !!

I was in all 4 of my bros weddings and I vowed never again. no more siblings getting married thank the Lord for his mercies.

Brides can be the most difficult and demanding (almost demented) creatures God ever created, and the brides mother, the brides sister all adding theirown 1/2 kobo.

Worst of all  the bridegrooms just go along with everything,  and expect everyne else to agree to the crazy demands as well. Chei!!

Hmmm,  naaa not worth it.

I'm not going to have bridesmaids at my own wedding sef, when the time comes.
I would never want to put my friends through that trauma.
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by olabukola: 1:02pm On Apr 17, 2009
the bridesmaids pay for it but i think they need to be very considerate and think about other people's pocket!!!! think people shud think about it well b4 acceptin offers cost most times u have to pay for everythin

hmmm, u guys dont even want to knw d gbese im in rite now, its my cousin's wedding in july, n im her chiefbridesmaid, personally i think she's a BRIDEZILLA cos her own is just too much, she's been goin on about dis wedding thing n its startin to do my head in, everythin she chose is soo expensive, i dont even think she thot about her bridesmaid's pocket o! SHE JUST WANTS A PERFECT ONE, n we all have to pay for it, my dress alone as chiefbridesmaid is £150, aso ebi is £50(which is quite cheap cos its engagement n wedding plus gele but its only 4yrds each sha) but its not bad, dats already £200 gone, dis is minus shoes n bag o cos i wil wear different shoes for engagement,wedding n party, she even wanted us to have matchin shoes but i think she had a rethink n just decided everyone shud wear d same colour,

i wil also pay tailor which wil cost nuffin less than £150 or £200 for both aso ebi, i have to make my hair, another £100 cos she wants us to have 14" weave on n im sure u all knw how much milky way or premium now is, human hair is now soo bloody expensive, she wants us to have d same hairstyle, she also wants our make-up done professionally by a lady from MAC, she is chargin £25 per face, my nails wil cost me £15 cos i'll prolly just need a refill n my pedicure wil cos another £20, d only thing i think we're gettin free is d pearls we're wearing for d wedding. Dats almost £500 gone o! is it my wedding

imagine i told her i wanted to fix my eye lashes, guess wot she said "no, u can't have dem done, only d bride can fix lashes, U DONT WANNA BE LOOKING PRETTIER THAN D BRIDE, ALL EYES SHOULD BE ON D BRIDE", can u imagine her sayin somethin like dat after all d money im goin to spend o!
she was also tellin me no one has a say cos its her wedding, n everybody has to look d way she wants dem to look cos she was at her cousin's wedding in naija n she had to pay for everythin includin her make-up even tho she didnt like wot they painted on her face,

Being a bridesmaid costs a lot of money, i shud have thot about it well b4 acceptin knowing d kind of person she is but i couldnt reject cos she is my cousin,

she was also tellin me as her CB im meant to be organisin her hen night so she wil like us all to sleepover at a nice luxurious hotel wit a spa n all so we can have beauty spa sessions wit strawberries n champagne n all, pls tel me who wil donate mony for dat again when they knw they stil have to buy present n pay for their bridesmaid expenses
Women una problem too much.
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by Ilelobola: 1:08pm On Apr 17, 2009
I didn't have a bridal train at my wedding but paid for my Chief Bride's maid's dress (well it was only 1). I have always paid for dresses and accessories in all the plenty bridal trains I've been part of including flights from London to Lagos or wherever the wedding was taking place and they are expensive. Hence only been bridesmaid to good friends.

However, my sister paid for all her bridesmaids dresses and shoes as a Next Outlet store had a fantastic sale where she got it all.
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by NNS83: 2:21pm On Apr 17, 2009
@ Poster

Im gettin married soon , but i am payin for d dresses but shoes, hair & accessories is up to them. Maybe chat to d bride and tell her ur concern. Not every bride is a BRIDEZILLA , im def not

Good luck sister! wink
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by Treetop20(m): 2:24pm On Apr 17, 2009
i think the bride should chip in and pay for some things
because the bridesmaids are never going to wear those dresses again.

when i get married, no bridal train.
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by AmakaOne(f): 2:42pm On Apr 17, 2009
@treetop, my kinda man,

Kai all that money could go a long way to a college fund for my future kids na!!

Actually that's a good idea for all u future brides abi?

Work out the cost of all the aso ebi and bridemaid dresses and all that stuff,  per person and open an investment acc and ask your friends/ cousins/ sisters/ neighbours/ colleagues (whoever was going to do the bridal train thing- both maids and groomsmen)  to pay the money or whatthey can affordof it in there as wedding gift.

Now that's a plan.

As for pics shebi they will be at your wedding ?( They have to see where all their money went grin )   they will be in all the wedding pics anyway.

Alls well that ends well,  no strained friendships,  no bridezillas,  everyones happy and your kids get to go to college.
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by Treetop20(m): 3:25pm On Apr 17, 2009
AMAKAONE:

@treetop, my kinda man,

Kai all that money could go a long way to a college fund for my future kids na!!

Actually that's a good idea for all u future brides abi?

Work out the cost of all the aso ebi and bridemaid dresses and all that stuff,  per person and open an investment acc and ask your friends/ cousins/ sisters/ neighbours/ colleagues (whoever was going to do the bridal train thing- both maids and groomsmen)  to pay the money or whatthey can affordof it in there as wedding gift.

Now that's a plan.

As for pics shebi they will be at your wedding ?( They have to see where all their money went grin )   they will be in all the wedding pics anyway.

Alls well that ends well,  no strained friendships,  no bridezillas,  everyones happy and your kids get to go to college.
whenever there is a wedding. there is d-r-a-m-a
just have it as nice as you can. Elegant doesn't equal cheap either
i want something beautiful but not huge either.
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by AmakaOne(f): 3:53pm On Apr 17, 2009
Treetop20:

whenever there is a wedding. there is d-r-a-m-a
just have it as nice as you can. Elegant doesn't equal cheap either
i want something beautiful but not huge either.

You can't tel me2ice about wedding drama. Seen enuff to make my shocked

Of course not cheap, but OTT seems to be confused by us Naija people with great wedding.

All those outfit changes White gown, and this trad outfit and that trad outfit and this gele and so many yards of lace and that many yards of this and that.
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by Feelitx(m): 4:05pm On Apr 17, 2009
@ Snazzy,

Any reason why you want two bridesmaids ? This is the second time someone is talking about Feron in Uyo, is he that good ?
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 17, 2009
@ SeanT21: I thought the maids need a cheaper advert but this time is gone costlier.Humans hardly do what they don't see gains.Everyone of them wants to hook up with a big-money dik.What is bad is the maids worry their bf for the money.Too much worries from women sef.Do we have woman poverty or sth?
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by NosaHenry(m): 6:46pm On Apr 17, 2009
why cant u lend a helping hand to your friend. to me it is an honour to be so invited to share a memorable celebration. the cost will not kill you, just accept it
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by snazzydawn(f): 7:55pm On Apr 17, 2009
Someone here wrote that being in the bridal party is a "privilege". Please, you have got to be kidding me. I do not have to be in anyone's train to be noticed.

feelixt, yes, Feron is very good.
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by mohawkchic(f): 8:03pm On Apr 17, 2009
Yets:

the bridesmaids pay for it but i think they need to be very considerate and think about other people's pocket!!!! think people shud think about it well b4 acceptin offers cost most times u have to pay for everythin

hmmm, u guys dont even want to knw d gbese im in rite now,  its my cousin's wedding in july,  n im her chiefbridesmaid, personally i think she's a BRIDEZILLA cos her own is just too much,  she's been goin on about dis wedding thing n its startin to do my head in,  everythin she chose is soo expensive,  i dont even think she thot about her bridesmaid's pocket o! SHE JUST WANTS A PERFECT ONE,  n we all have to pay for it,  my dress alone as chiefbridesmaid is £150,  aso ebi is £50(which is quite cheap cos its engagement n wedding plus gele but its only 4yrds each sha) but its not bad,  dats already £200 gone, dis is minus shoes n bag o cos i wil wear different shoes for engagement,wedding n party,  she even wanted us to have matchin shoes but i think she had a rethink n just decided everyone shud wear d same colour,
i wil also pay tailor which wil cost nuffin less than £150 or £200 for both aso ebi,  i have to make my hair,  another £100 cos she wants us to have 14" weave on n im sure u all knw how much milky way or premium now is,  human hair is now soo bloody expensive,  she wants us to have d same hairstyle,  she also wants our make-up done professionally by a lady from MAC, she is chargin £25 per face, my nails wil cost me £15 cos i'll prolly just need a refill n my pedicure wil cos another £20,  d only thing i think we're gettin free is d pearls we're wearing for d wedding. Dats almost £500 gone o!     is it my wedding 

imagine i told her i wanted to fix my eye lashes,  guess wot she said "no, u can't have dem done, only d bride can fix lashes, U DONT WANNA BE LOOKING PRETTIER THAN D BRIDE,  ALL EYES SHOULD BE ON D BRIDE",  can u imagine her sayin somethin like dat after all d money im goin to spend o!

she was also tellin me no one has a say cos its her wedding,  n everybody has to look d way she wants dem to look cos she was at her cousin's wedding in naija n she had to pay for everythin includin her make-up even tho she didnt like wot they painted on her face,

Being a bridesmaid costs a lot of money,  i shud have thot about it well b4 acceptin knowing d kind of person she is but i couldnt reject cos she is my cousin,

she was also tellin me as her CB im meant to be organisin her hen night so she wil like us all to sleepover at a nice luxurious hotel wit a spa n all so we can have beauty spa sessions wit strawberries n champagne n all,  pls tel me who wil donate mony for dat again when they knw they stil have to buy present n pay for their bridesmaid expenses

~You got me LMAO on bolded cheesy She's a proper Bridezilla!!
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by Ifez: 8:22pm On Apr 17, 2009
The basic rule is: If you don't have money, don't become a bridesmaid. Period!
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by mohawkchic(f): 8:29pm On Apr 17, 2009
Treetop20:

i think the bride should chip in and pay for some things
because the bridesmaids are never going to wear those dresses again.

when i get married, no bridal train.

~I liked Summer weddings the most in my Bridesmaid days . . Great choices of Dresses i could wear again or Sell On Ebay . . None of these hideous colours Maxi puff puff dresses  cheesy

~I think the bridesmaid should have more say in the choice of dress they wear,heard so many stories of Chics ending w/  dresses they werent best pleased with!! I was always Lucky i had the opportunity to make that choice/be involved in what we wore !! Got to say tho,having that choice too can be a headache especially if there's one bridesmaid that aint comfy to wear Short dress/Bustier . . Argh! So thrilled those times are over with!!

~I hear you on No Bridal Train . .I Didnt have any either  . .Personalized Elegance & Intimate ~

Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by adconline(m): 5:06am On Apr 18, 2009
I was asked to be a groomsman, I spent my hard earned money only for my wacky professor to fix a quiz on that same day. Guess what some JJC wore that tux for me. I think it behooves on couple to offset some of the expenses if they want an elaborate wedding. Good soup na money make am.
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by Olayinkaoj(m): 12:10pm On Apr 18, 2009
It all depends on the bride-groom-best man- and the maids.

I paid for my best man's suit, shoes etc because he informed me of his financial condition (2002). And I understood his status then. I even gave him money to spend around that ceremoney period just because it was him and him only I wanted has my best man.

So it all depends on who chooses and the chosen
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by switch360(f): 6:39pm On Apr 18, 2009
Any body can do that ---no main rules about that so far there is an understanding------as per the bridal train---most times the members pay.
Re: Dresses For Bridesmaids And The Rest Of The Bridal Train; Who Should Pay? by Tawak: 12:50pm On Apr 20, 2009
the person who is gonna wear the dress

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Flavor, Awilo, Chidinma Storm Awka For Flirt Vodka Concert / 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! / Two Brothers To Be Buried The Same Day After Their Deaths In Imo State. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.