Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,763 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:56 PM

9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! (23397 Views)

How To Get Food At Any Nigerian Event. My Best Tips!! / Event Decoration Pictures At Affordable Rate / Are You Bold Enough To Do Your Wedding With Any Of These Vehicles? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by Timagex(m): 7:12pm On Apr 08, 2022
Hello everyone! smiley My name is Adekola Taiwo. I am a wedding photographer based in Ibadan, Nigeria. smiley I am also a wedding and events consultant and I share free wedding tips on my instagram and nairaland page every week.

My Instagram page is @Timagex_bridal_clicks. Please, show some love. kiss wink

This week, we will be discussing nine (9) things you must do to get the best of pictures at your wedding. wink

It is a fact that, 99% of people get married only ONCE in their lifetime and the most honest witnesses are cameras. But, sometimes, due to lack of knowledge, couples find out that, their wedding pictures do not look as good as they envisaged. sad Weddings cannot be redone because of bad images. Your images are the only testimonials that remain after your wedding day. Another exchange of vows or first dance cannot be rearranged. Once you get it wrong, that is the end!! So, how can you get the most out of them? What are the mistakes that some other couples have made that you would not want to repeat?

Stay with me. You won't regret it. wink

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by Timagex(m): 9:01pm On Apr 08, 2022
1. HIRE A COMPETENT AND EXPERIENCED PHOTOGRAPHER.
The very first step in getting the best pictures on your wedding day is hiring a capable photographer who shoots with a style you connect with. A good example of a creative and experienced wedding photographer is @TIMAGEX BRIDAL CLICKS. That's me! cheesy

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by Timagex(m): 9:06pm On Apr 08, 2022
2. KNOW WHAT YOU REALLY WANT.
Having a vague idea of what you really want will save you a whole lot of trouble. Some photographers shoot happy pictures, some shoot for moments and some shoot for light. Knowing what you want will save you from hiring the wrong photographer. For example, do you know that, Davido can never sing like celine deon and neither can wizkid rap like eminem, although, all of them are musicians and they serve their fans. Do not hire a photographer and expect him to shoot like another photographer. If you do, it will look like the photographer did a terrible job, whereas, you were the one who hired the wrong vendor. Photography is an art. Art cannot be replicated. Know your style, choose a photographer who shoots it, pick locations that reflects your personality and you are good to go. cool

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by Timagex(m): 9:07pm On Apr 08, 2022
3. LOCATION: HOTELS & EVENT CENTRES.
There is nothing as terrible as taking the pictures of a beautiful bride in a bespoke and expensive wedding gown at a crappy location. sad It is a fact that, a lot of couples erroneously hire a good wedding photographer and then go ahead to book a low budget hotel with green walls. grin NOOOO! Don’t let it be you!! The quality of the surrounding environment mostly dictates how good your photos will end up looking. Do not rent a place with grass and expect your photographs to have furnitures in them. The role of the photographer is to capture the day AS IT IS. You are completely responsible for what the photographer captures.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by Timagex(m): 9:12pm On Apr 08, 2022
4. GIVE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER ENOUGH TIME FOR PORTRAITS AND FIRST LOOK.
Exquisite wedding portraits were not taken under rushing circumstances. Most brides allocate more time to their hairstylists and their makeup artist more than their photographer. sad The consequence of this is that, the photographer will have to rush through the portrait session or there might not even be time for a session at all. DO NOT let the makeup artist and the hairstylist use most of the time and then give the photographer 10 minutes. The makeup and the hair are not going to stand the test of time like the photographs. (Apologies to makeup artists and hairstylists in the house cheesy wink) Imagine if the photographer wishes to capture a moment of emotional embrace and kisses just before the main wedding, but, the couple did not "farabale" because time is against them. Photographs are frozen moments. Those moments do not come back.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by Timagex(m): 9:17pm On Apr 08, 2022
5. PLAN THE ORDER OF PHOTOGRAPHS.
The order of photograph session is one of the most challenging moments for photographers, the couple and the guests. Planning the order of photographs is more than setting up a backdrop or choosing a ‘fine’ background. cool The first step is to make sure that the order of photographs' backdrop is not being setup at a “sun prone” place. This is because, some places tend to have more of sun direction and concentration than some places. A sunny place will make the couple and the guests squint their eyes during the order of photographs and there will be general discomfort. But, if there is no backdrop setup, please, follow the professional suggestion of your photographer. Who is directing the order of photographs? Family members of the couple should work hand in hand with the photographer in this regard. There must be an order. If there is no order, everybody will want to take photographs at once. It is also a fact that people are more likely to listen to a familiar face other than a stranger. (photographer).

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by Timagex(m): 9:19pm On Apr 08, 2022
6. GIVE YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER THE MOST ATTENTION!
Wedding ceremonies are always filled with invited and uninvited photographers. Most of these uninvited photographers might be friends or family members with phones. In many situations, they distract and hinder the activities of the main photographer. THE PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER THAT WAS HIRED IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PHOTOGRAPHER. Guests and families or other photographers will always try to take photographs with their phones. Please, always wait for your photographer’s sign before giving attention to the secondary photographers so as to avoid “lookaway” style photos. cool What is the point of hiring a professional photographer if you are going to give the secondary photographer more priority?

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by Timagex(m): 9:22pm On Apr 08, 2022
7. HIRE BODYGUARDS.
The bride’s entrance, the couples’ entrance and other special moments are always filled with people with phones. sad These people sometimes stand in front of the photographer and reduce the chance of getting creative shots. They are increasingly becoming the nightmare of photographers. undecided They are your guests, so, the photographer cannot send them away. But, you can keep them in check with the aid of bouncers. Having people to instruct them to stand at the side lines is the best and safest option. I took a creative shot of the expression of a bride last month only to find out that someone's hand got in the shot!!! angry E pain me o!!

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by Timagex(m): 9:23pm On Apr 08, 2022
8. FILL YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER IN ON ANY SUPRISE PERFORMANCE.
It is not a crime to have a suprise act or a performance for your new spouse on your wedding day. But, what good is the act/performance if it is not captured in the best circumstance? Your photographer should be adequately informed as this will make them aware and ready. Your photographer might even advice you on where best to stand to get the best of lighting and composition. Always keep your photographer in the know. cool

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by Timagex(m): 9:30pm On Apr 08, 2022
9. DO NOT FORGET TO FEED YOUR PHOTOGRAPHER! shocked shocked shocked
This point should even be number one. wink Do not neglect the welfare of your your media team. It is very easy to be caught up with activities and not notice everything. It is not always nice for your photographer who has been at work since like 5am to start hustling for rice when the event is about to come to a close. sad The sad thing is, those food vendors have zero regard for photographers. sad I can't fathom our offence. Why would you bring a very cold rice that doesn't have meat and spoon for the photography team? embarassed I have two permanent spoons in my bag because food vendors believe photographers must eat rice with their hands! grin Your photographer is human. How do you want them them feel while looking at our pictures? (Na this bride no give us food that day o.) I have personally photographed events where the welfare of the media team was not a priority and i have photographed events where the media team were treated like kings. cool I know the difference. cool

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by Timagex(m): 9:34pm On Apr 08, 2022
THERE IT IS! WHAT POINT DID WE MISS? cool

WHAT OTHER LINGERING TOPIC DO YOU NEED TIPS ON? WHAT ISSUES DO YOU THINK ARE WORTHY OF DISCUSSIONS? PLEASE, LET US KNOW IN THE COMMENT SESSION.

I REMAIN TIMAGEX. YOUR FAVORITE WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER. Thanks for your time. kiss

cc lalasticlala cc mynd44

please, help push to the promise land for prospective couples to learn a thing or two. See you next week.... wink

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by IAmSkinny: 9:03am On Apr 09, 2022
As a wedding and documentary photographer, the need to hire a competent PHOTOGRAPHER for your once in a lifetime event cannot be overemphasized.
Most times, couples make the costly mistake of trying to cut cost by allocating a meagre amount to that which would forever immortalize the day's event. I assure you that you'd met with resounding dissatisfaction at the end of the day.
OP @Tigmatex, how do you handle all the annoying phone-o-graphers who are such a pain in the ar$e?
We offer the best deals on wedding and events PHOTOGRAPHY. Check my signature

1 Like

Re: 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by IKBARUTEN11(m): 1:49pm On Apr 09, 2022
Best wedding pictures that will last more than the marriage?

That will really be a very good heart breaking piece to keep
Re: 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by Ijaycool(f): 1:50pm On Apr 09, 2022
How much you pay? This self promotion shaa, NL done start this style ?

9 Likes

Re: 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by Thoughty2(m): 1:50pm On Apr 09, 2022
Nice content
Re: 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by olusam4: 1:50pm On Apr 09, 2022
Wetin even dey up there?
Re: 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by Naugotaya6: 1:51pm On Apr 09, 2022
Vsh
Re: 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by Branzy(m): 1:51pm On Apr 09, 2022
Coming up in the business gp visions
Re: 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by mbahdi(m): 1:51pm On Apr 09, 2022
Buhari is a terrorist

3 Likes

Re: 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by emmabest2000(m): 1:51pm On Apr 09, 2022
marriage is a scam

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by Brightgem(f): 1:51pm On Apr 09, 2022
Hopefully people prepare for the actual marriage than the wedding.

Talking of marriage, romance and everything in between. Read you a short piece cheesy

Bisi got home and the most unbelievable sight greeted her in the living room; actually, the living room of her parent's house where she still lived. Her ex from seven years back was seated with some members of his family. Everyone appeared sober and quiet as she walked in. She looked at her mother who asked her in Yoruba to sit down.

She gingerly greeted everyone, as she looked round the room, his aunt, who she had only met once but spoken to on phone severally was there; his sister; his uncle; and a cousin of his; were all there. She eventually looked him straight in the eye and gave him the only kind of stare she could, a very cold and unfeeling one. She looked at the face with many worry lines, the face of the person who comfortably broke up with her after an almost three-year relationship, after they were already engaged, through a text message, and over a health condition she had no control over.

Bisi pinched her wrist slightly, and thought to herself, "Nope this is no dream". The eldest of the uncles started to speak first, "Our daughter, we know this man has wronged you, it took a lot for us to be able to follow him here". His sister passed Bisi a phone to show her two kids, a boy and a girl, both with very obvious genetic disorders. One had Down syndrome and the other appeared to have Treacher Collins syndrome. She didn’t need anyone to tell her, she knew what she was seeing.

Her ex and his people were there to ask her to forgive him and gave subtle insinuations that if she had done something to him which was making him go through his current situation, she should undo it. Oh! So these people think she was a witch or what, or some sort of vodoo woman who could affect someone's life like that.

Her lips parted in a smile that was a rather sad one. She looked at him, her ex, and said, "You this idiot, and selfish betrayer thought you can play God at the expense of someone's feelings... I have a health challenge that I never hid from you, you knew, but suddenly you felt you could discard me. But you never knew I had seen clear signs that you may have kids with genetic disorders. I knew it, but because my own philosophy in life is that when you have chosen to love someone, you endure through life with them, you face challenges together, I decided to keep it to myself".

She turned and faced his family, smiled thinly and added, "So while you’re all confused about what I'm saying, I'll take you through our story and the exact sign I saw in him."

Would you like to complete this story? grin cheesy I'm sure you would. Head over here https://okadabooks.com/book/about/karma_came_knocking/47686

Grab a free e-book for yourself as a student, hustler, Corp member, or Job seeker by reading the SIDE HUSTLE BOOM which has practical tips for businesses you can do earn extra cash, how to get more customers as an existing business owner, and how to be more efficient in your job search. Grab it using the link https://themoralcodeng.com/2019/06/21/the-side-hustle-boom/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by FalseProphet1(m): 1:53pm On Apr 09, 2022
People are no longer getting married due to hardship and whóring nature of girls these days.

This I have seen.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by fullybackk: 1:53pm On Apr 09, 2022
Use a cheap Tecno to snap

2 Likes

Re: 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by izzy4shizzy(m): 1:54pm On Apr 09, 2022
Number 9 is the most important.

Feed your DJ and photographer well.

Except you want your DJ to play west life when you’re marching in, else give the guy food!

Also, I cannot overemphasize the importance of a good venue

4 Likes

Re: 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by OG1BABY(f): 1:55pm On Apr 09, 2022
Good points
Re: 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by Lilchilz(m): 1:56pm On Apr 09, 2022
Make sure your photographer smokes one full blunt of loud before anything else. Thank me later ♥️
Re: 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by inoki247: 1:56pm On Apr 09, 2022
lol you people don't see more dan pishure now....

Na every given opportunity u people dey use snap up nd down pikin just enta 1 week u will rush to studio snap the kid nd ursef nd caption it with Samson is 1 week old....

Any little thing na pishure...

Pishure dat u will see in 10 years time nd u will b looking ursef like a fool nd b saying shey na me stand like Okro stick lik diz..

2 Likes

Re: 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by McOluOmo: 1:58pm On Apr 09, 2022
OG1BABY:
Good loints
calm down

1 Like

Re: 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by izzy4shizzy(m): 1:58pm On Apr 09, 2022
Get good venue
Re: 9 Things You Must Do To Get The Best Of Pictures At Your Wedding. My Best Tips! by Saviourfresh: 1:58pm On Apr 09, 2022
Nice 1.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two Brothers To Be Buried The Same Day After Their Deaths In Imo State. Photo / Pictures From My Graduation Ceremony / Happy Birthday Lalasticlala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.