Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 (46429 Views)

399 Highest JAMB Score Is Fake - See Evidence / Jambites, What's Your New JAMB Score After Receiving The 40 Mark From Jamb? / I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 16, 2009
i score 264. i no try. who tell una say da girl use her head?
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by tamme: 8:45pm On Apr 16, 2009
lol at some Nigerian boys getting jealous
shut up all of you. She used her head not yahoo yahoo
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by jona2: 8:51pm On Apr 16, 2009
tamme:

lol at some Nigerian boys getting jealous
shut up all of you. She used her head not yahoo yahoo

st funmi/ireport/tamme. lipsrsealed
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by jona2: 9:06pm On Apr 16, 2009
JAMB withholds results of 23,819 candidates over malpractices

[b]By Oluwole Josiah, Abuja

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has withheld the results of 23,819 candidates who sat for the April 4, 2009 Universities Matriculation Examination for involvement in malpractices.

Our Correspondent
Registrar of the board, Prof.

A total of 1,182,381 candidates applied for the examination, but only 1,145,961 actually sat for the examination with 36,417 absent.

While announcing the results of the examination on Tuesday, the Registrar of JAMB, Prof. Dibu Ojerinde, said the results withheld represented 2.07 per cent of the total number of candidates that sat for the examination.

He said there was also a drop in the cases of malpractices when compared with what obtained in 2008 where 2.24 per cent was recorded.

He, however, said, "The examination committee and the Governing Council of the board will meet to take a final decision on the results, but there is no way they will be released because we have clear evidence against the candidates."

Ojerinde noted that 548,543 candidates of the total number scored 200 marks and above, while 14, 847 scored between 190 and 199. 199 of the total number sat for the examination in countries outside Nigeria, namely: Ghana, Cameroun, South Africa, Republic of Benin and Saudi Arabia.

According to JAMB's breakdown of applications, Imo and Anambra states had the highest number of applications with 106,375 and 78,803 respectively. Other states in order of their applications were Delta, 77,318; Edo 65,271; Ogun, 58,014 and Osun, 57,404.

The analysis showed that Akwa Ibom and Abia states which occupied the fifth and sixth positions last year were displaced by Ogun and Osun respectively.

Six states, namely, Gombe, Sokoto, Taraba, Kebbi, Zamfara and Yobe in that order, recorded the lowest number of applications in 2009.

According to Ojerinde, Jigawa and the Federal Capital Territory have dropped from the list of lowest six states, while Yobe remains the lowest, just as Sokoto, Taraba and Zamfara still belonged to the league.

The results also showed that the Faculty of Social Sciences still recorded the highest applications by candidates with a figure of 275,208. It had recorded the highest last year.

It was closely followed by Administration, Medicine, Engineering and Sciences, Arts/Humanities, Law, Education, Environment and Pharmacy respectively.

Agriculture recorded the lowest with about 13, 408 applications, the same placement it had in 2008.

On the performance chart, Irene Edem, a 16-year-old from Cross River State was the best performing candidate, with a score of 310. She had applied to read Communications with options at the ABTI-American University of Nigeria.

Igugu Obukohwo Igugu, 23, a male candidate from Delta State came second with a score of 308 and had applied to read Industrial Relations and Personnel Management at the University of Lagos.

Konye Odinde, another female candidate from Delta State, who is 18 years and Raymond Moses-Gombo, a male, 47, from Delta State, also tied with Igugu at 308. Both had applied to study Economics and History respectively at the University of Lagos.

The results also showed that 667,771 males and 514,610 females sat for the 2009 UME, just as 71 visually impaired persons applied for the UME, but only 65 actually sat for the examination.

Ojerinde said the board conducted UME at Ikoyi and Kaduna Prisons for eligible inmates who had indicated interest for the examination and would have completed their jail sentences by the next admission exercise.

He said a total of 46 inmates took the exams. 13 of them were of the Ikoyi Prisons, while other 33 were of Kaduna Prisons.

On the proposed Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, which would replace UME next year, Ojerinde clarified that the board's matriculation examinations were not scrapped as erroneously reported. [/b] He said, "Rather, the idea is to have a single examination for all tertiary institutions which gives candidates wide choice of institutions and this will invariably enhance their chances of securing admission into tertiary institutions.

"The general entry requirement to all the institutions will be the same five credit passes at Senior Secondary Certificate Examination level while the entry qualification will be determined by individual institutions."
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by toideve(m): 9:21pm On Apr 16, 2009
dem really Bleep up
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by carlosikem(m): 9:38pm On Apr 16, 2009
WHATS HER CENTER AND ALSO I HOPE ITS NOT A SPECIAL CENTER WHERE ANY THING CAN GO.

IF NOT THEN SHE IS A GENUS OR SHE CARRY JUJU COME JAMB
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by Ovat4sure(m): 12:04am On Apr 17, 2009
Up Niger Delta!
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by lildainty(f): 4:29am On Apr 17, 2009
@poster am apy 4 d girl , , hurray @fynboi or woteva u named urself wat was ur score in ur last jamb?he who come wit equity must come wif a clean hand dey say . . . . grin
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by Benemond(m): 5:28am On Apr 17, 2009
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by FBS: 7:26am On Apr 17, 2009
good news and well done.
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by smooooooth: 8:24am On Apr 17, 2009
whats all the noise about. every1 knows how porous jamb has come of late, with all the expo flying about even a week to the exams, one shldnt be surprised when a 10 year old gets 400 in the exams.
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by Haksalam(m): 8:31am On Apr 17, 2009
Quite nice !
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by Haksalam(m): 8:35am On Apr 17, 2009
Bigmodo, try to celebrate with achievers. angry
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by benedictac(f): 9:59am On Apr 17, 2009
ladies are taking the lead

no argument

congrat girl
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 17, 2009
Haksalam:

Bigmodo, try to celebrate with achievers. angry

before am i celebrating with losers
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by Skywalker5(m): 12:01pm On Apr 17, 2009
16 yrs old got 310 out of 400 in JAMB . Ahhhhh JAMB

WTF

hmmm. its better to be quiet here

in jamb?

Still thinking about it, lipsrsealed
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by OLADO(m): 12:28pm On Apr 17, 2009
Wonderful scores, I hope they would be admitted in the university and the course of their choices
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by Makavelis(m): 1:28pm On Apr 17, 2009
shame on everybody else grin shame on u too grin
16 year old? she ain't got nothing to worry about, just to read ha ha ha ha ha lol grin
STFU
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by tshow(m): 1:35pm On Apr 17, 2009
GOOD TO HEAR THAT OF OUR SERIOUS STUDENT IN THE COUNTRY HAVING SUCH A HIGH SCORE---- WE JUST HOPE IT'S NOT GONNA BE THROUGH THE KONI - KONI WAY, IF THAT'S GONNA BE THE BEST OF HER AND THE REST THAT PAST THE EXAM WE WISH THEM MORE SUCCESS IN THEIR ACADEMY IN LIFE,  AND OF BEST ADMISSION TO THE HIGHER INSTITUTION,  cool undecided[b][/b]
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by PurestBoy(m): 1:38pm On Apr 17, 2009
Sky-walker:

16 yrs old got 310 out of 400 in JAMB .  Ahhhhh  JAMB  

WTF

hmmm. its better to be quiet here

in jamb?

Still thinking about it,  lipsrsealed

16 years old ke? I'm still thinking too, is Jamb that easy? Maybe not sciences courses cos their physics and further maths will be too hard for her.
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by Afaukwu: 2:29pm On Apr 17, 2009
This news also confirms Igbo leadership in education in Nigeria
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by bettygirl: 2:40pm On Apr 17, 2009
Anyway all i know is it's possible to av that score in a clean way, if only one has every resources it takes at his or her disposal like, finance, materials, conducive environment, consistency etc.,though it might not be 2 common.
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by jona2: 2:55pm On Apr 17, 2009
:d ;d
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by hackney(m): 3:13pm On Apr 17, 2009
Calabar and Delta have always produced near-genius scholars time after time so im not suprised at all.
know a handfull of them getting 4.85 - 5.0 GPA  semester after semester in Engring in my Uni not long ago.
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by MWorkers(m): 4:12pm On Apr 17, 2009
Good girl. Brilliant performance! But no Nigerian university among the top 500 universities in the world yet.
How realistic is the so-called vision 202020? Food for thought!
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by jona2: 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2009
hackney:

Calabar and[b] Delta[/b] have always produced near-genius scholars time after time so im not suprised at all.
know a handfull of them getting 4.85 - 5.0 GPA  semester after semester in Engring in my Uni not long ago.

JAMB withholds results of 23,819 candidates over malpractices

By Oluwole Josiah, Abuja

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has withheld the results of 23,819 candidates who sat for the April 4, 2009 Universities Matriculation Examination for involvement in malpractices.

Our Correspondent
Registrar of the board, Prof.

A total of 1,182,381 candidates applied for the examination, but only 1,145,961 actually sat for the examination with 36,417 absent.

While announcing the results of the examination on Tuesday, the Registrar of JAMB, Prof. Dibu Ojerinde, said the results withheld represented 2.07 per cent of the total number of candidates that sat for the examination.

He said there was also a drop in the cases of malpractices when compared with what obtained in 2008 where 2.24 per cent was recorded.

He, however, said, "The examination committee and the Governing Council of the board will meet to take a final decision on the results, but there is no way they will be released because we have clear evidence against the candidates."

Ojerinde noted that 548,543 candidates of the total number scored 200 marks and above, while 14, 847 scored between 190 and 199. 199 of the total number sat for the examination in countries outside Nigeria, namely: Ghana, Cameroun, South Africa, Republic of Benin and Saudi Arabia.

According to JAMB's breakdown of applications, Imo and Anambra states had the highest number of applications with 106,375 and 78,803 respectively. Other states in order of their applications were Delta, 77,318; Edo 65,271; Ogun, 58,014 and Osun, 57,404.

The analysis showed that Akwa Ibom and Abia states which occupied the fifth and sixth positions last year were displaced by Ogun and Osun respectively.

Six states, namely, Gombe, Sokoto, Taraba, Kebbi, Zamfara and Yobe in that order, recorded the lowest number of applications in 2009.

According to Ojerinde, Jigawa and the Federal Capital Territory have dropped from the list of lowest six states, while Yobe remains the lowest, just as Sokoto, Taraba and Zamfara still belonged to the league.

The results also showed that the Faculty of Social Sciences still recorded the highest applications by candidates with a figure of 275,208. It had recorded the highest last year.

It was closely followed by Administration, Medicine, Engineering and Sciences, Arts/Humanities, Law, Education, Environment and Pharmacy respectively.

Agriculture recorded the lowest with about 13, 408 applications, the same placement it had in 2008.

On the performance chart, Irene Edem, a 16-year-old from Cross River State was the best performing candidate, with a score of 310. She had applied to read Communications with options at the ABTI-American University of Nigeria.

Igugu Obukohwo Igugu, 23, a male candidate from Delta State came second with a score of 308 and had applied to read Industrial Relations and Personnel Management at the University of Lagos.

Konye Odinde, another female candidate from Delta State, who is 18 years and Raymond Moses-Gombo, a male, 47, from Delta State, also tied with Igugu at 308. Both had applied to study Economics and History respectively at the University of Lagos.

The results also showed that 667,771 males and 514,610 females sat for the 2009 UME, just as 71 visually impaired persons applied for the UME, but only 65 actually sat for the examination.

Ojerinde said the board conducted UME at Ikoyi and Kaduna Prisons for eligible inmates who had indicated interest for the examination and would have completed their jail sentences by the next admission exercise.

He said a total of 46 inmates took the exams. 13 of them were of the Ikoyi Prisons, while other 33 were of Kaduna Prisons.

On the proposed Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination, which would replace UME next year, Ojerinde clarified that the board's matriculation examinations were not scrapped as erroneously reported. He said, "Rather, the idea is to have a single examination for all tertiary institutions which gives candidates wide choice of institutions and this will invariably enhance their chances of securing admission into tertiary institutions.

"The general entry requirement to all the institutions will be the same five credit passes at Senior Secondary Certificate Examination level while the entry qualification will be determined by individual institutions."
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by MOELLIOTT(f): 5:51pm On Apr 17, 2009
First I must commend the speed with which the papers have been marked. Its the first in the history of Nigeria. The exams were taken on Saturday and by the Tuesday of the next week they were ready to be released, but for the Easter break in between! It's a trend that needs to be emulated by every service area in Nigeria. It gives students the opportunity to plan and make alternative arrangements if need be!

In response to "aggresive's" comments regarding cultism and admission of young children helping to stem the distasteful acts, may I say it is highly improbable that because admission age is getting younger, cultism would seize. The fear of many parents is that these young and gullible children might be drawn or intimidated in.

Admitting younger children to Nigerian universities is not a solution to the barbaric activities of some students.[/color] It is sad that the university authorities and law enforcement are not more effective in putting a stop to the lawlessness we see in institutions.

Finally, please can someone answer the question of much lower numbers take in the sciences and why generally the score/performance in Jamb sciences are also quite lower than social sciences.

Thank you!
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by cocoduck: 6:34pm On Apr 17, 2009
ewwww special center
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by thayur(m): 12:32am On Apr 18, 2009
well it is not lyk there is any thing
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by elnaf(m): 9:58am On Apr 18, 2009

UP NIGER DELTA. ( YOU HAVE SUCCEDED IN KIDNAPING 2009/10 JAMB TOP SCORES)
grin grin ;up militants wuna try no be small since no be oyinbo wuna capture
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by kritikul(f): 1:43pm On Apr 18, 2009
what still baffles me after several years of writing jamb is why i was scored 56 on my favourite subject when after writing the exam i scored myself 96 cos it was only 2 questions that i wasnt sure of and left them unanswered for fear of negative marking. i ve not forgiven jamb for that and someday or another they are going to give proper explanation for that. SURE IT IS NOT A GOOD TEST OF KNOWLEDGE. Maybe the rich buy high marks for their kids and the poor peoples scores are stolen. NONSENSE
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by biina: 3:33pm On Apr 18, 2009
kritikul:

what still baffles me after several years of writing jamb is why i was scored 56 on my favourite subject when after writing the exam i scored myself 96 [/b]cos it was only 2 questions that i wasnt sure of and  left them unanswered for fear of negative marking. i ve not forgiven jamb for that and someday or another they are going to give proper explanation for that. SURE IT IS NOT A GOOD TEST OF KNOWLEDGE. Maybe the rich buy high marks for their kids and the poor peoples scores are stolen. NONSENSE
The fact that [b]YOU scored YOURSELF well, doesn't preclude your answers from being wrong. Yet, the most likely cause is that you didn't shade in the answer box properly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Popoola Kehinde Esther Gets FG's Scholarship (Photos) / Benue Student Beaten By Principal, Teachers For Playing Chess In Class (Graphic) / See Picture Of A Classroom In Nigeria In 1950

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.