Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 (46563 Views)

399 Highest JAMB Score Is Fake - See Evidence / Jambites, What's Your New JAMB Score After Receiving The 40 Mark From Jamb? / I Feel Bad About My Jamb Score (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by methyl: 3:52pm On Apr 18, 2009
well nice one to the girl, that means she is brilliant. but na post jamb go matter and the admission, all the whole 310 na waste if she no pass post jamb
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by kritikul(f): 4:10pm On Apr 18, 2009
@biina
u think i ve some eye defects that i cnt fill in the boxes properly infact you wont understand,a paper that after writing i went back to my jotter and verified all the answers, infact u cntj just understand. am wearing the shoes and know where they pinch. I repeat JAMB is not a real test of knowledge angry angry
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by biina: 5:02pm On Apr 18, 2009
kritikul:

@biina
u think i ve some eye defects that i cnt fill in the boxes properly infact you wont understand,a paper that after writing i went back to my jotter and verified all the answers, infact u cntj just understand. am wearing the shoes and know where they pinch. I repeat JAMB is not a real test of knowledge angry angry
It seems you misunderstood me. The JAMB (and the multi-choice section of the WAEC exam) are computer graded. Unfortunately, the scanners are sensitive to the size, texture, and darkness of the shading. Add the aging of the equipments, and it could be so bad that it often fails to recognize some shaded boxes (and then treats the question as unattempted). Working under time pressure doesn't give one the allowance for checking if you shaded the boxes properly (WTF!). It is always good to use the recommended (usually HB) pencil as it gives a good balance of hardness and intensity.

The idea behind JAMB is right, but like everything else in the country, the implementation leaves a lot everything to be desired
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by jona2: 8:41pm On Apr 18, 2009
Akwa Ibom State has the highest number of prostitutes, and these prostitutes all operate within Lagos state. She said statistics from Uyo zonal office of NAPTIP alone showed that, out of 104 victims rescued in the last quarter of the year, 53 were from Akwa Ibom state. “It is sad that most of the Akwa Ibom girls rescued were used for prostitution in Lagos , and that most of the brothels in Lagos are inhabited by young girls from Akwa Ibom State ,” Ndaguba said. The unwritten legality of prostitution, as a profession in Lagos, has given rise to an increase in the number of areas where sex hawkers can be found. These areas, popularly called hot spots or red zones, increase in number daily and the efforts of police officers in picking them off the roads, at regular intervals, have not had any impact.
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-260673.0.html
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by davidif: 11:41pm On Apr 18, 2009
she should apply for a fulbright scholarship or a rhodes scholarship so that she can go to columbia university in new york or Harvard University instead of wasting her time in a nigerian school.
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by honeric01(m): 1:14am On Apr 19, 2009
I wonder how much her parents paid to buy her that result, they mostly end up in the Uni with such background using their tiny asses to get marks from the lecturers. As if it's new. I live in nigeria, Lagos in particular and I know how result leak even before exam starts. I know how microchip flies around in exam halls and I know how text messages peep on students phones. The worst is GCE, you can wake up from a coma of 10yrs and be taken to sit for GCE, with the help of 'egun', you are sure of 6 credits. Special centres and co rule the world of external exams in nigeria and jamb is not an exception. The best way to prove how genuinely candidates highest scores is to invite them all and have them rewrite the exam in jamb office with an invigilator for each candidates. Any supporters
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by biina: 1:22am On Apr 19, 2009
davidif:

she should apply for a fulbright scholarship or a rhodes scholarship so that she can go to columbia university in new york or Harvard University instead of wasting her time in a nigerian school.
I doubt she is eligible for the above mentioned scholarship

The Rhodes scholar program is for students from a Rhodes constituency to pursue post graduate studies in specific fields at the oxford university. The student does not posses an undergraduate degree, and Nigeria is not a Rhodes constituency anymore.

The fulbright scholarship is for US citizens to pursue experiences in another country, and for graduate studies in the US. She is ineligible as she does not posses an undergraduate degree.
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by agabaI23(m): 1:25am On Apr 19, 2009
honeric01:

I wonder how much her parents paid to buy her that result, they mostly end up in the Uni with such background using their tiny asses to get marks from the lecturers. As if it's new. I live in nigeria, Lagos in particular and I know how result leak even before exam starts. I know how microchip flies around in exam halls and I know how text messages peep on students phones. The worst is GCE, you can wake up from a coma of 10yrs and be taken to sit for GCE, with the help of 'egun', you are sure of 6 credits. Special centres and co rule the world of external exams in nigeria and jamb is not an exception. The best way to prove how genuinely candidates highest scores is to invite them all and have them rewrite the exam in jamb office with an invigilator for each candidates. Any supporters

My bros I experienced it first hand. One lady that had the highest score in my class -310 ended up being a pest to all of us. In fact I later found out  her jamb was written by her elder brother who was in UI. The lady would say, abeg forget that jamb result if we teaseed her.
She is the highest omokriri babe in my class.

This Edemgirl might be intelligent though.
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by kritikul(f): 9:02am On Apr 19, 2009
honeric01:

certainly, that is one good thing about the post jamb cos candidates would be made to prove their jamb scores. i know a lady that scored 240 in the jamb result but could not pass the post jamb exam with 2 differend universities. The amazing thing there is that she scored ZERO in both shools. then another person a guy, scored 270, luckily for him he just got admitted a year b4 the inception of post jamb, beleve me after 2 years in school he dropped out, he could hardly pass any of his courses. Then you see people who are really brainy getting frustrated by jamb for several years. Or should we talk of how rich parents pay hundreds of thousand to get thier obtuse children admitted into the university. long hiss.
I feel sorry for our education system embarassed angry
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by honeric01(m): 3:05pm On Apr 19, 2009
Everything in nigeria is upside down not only the educational sector, why would a bio-chemistry graduate turn out to work as a Customer care attendant in a bank? Why do we have universities and tertiary schools when after graduating, you end up not working with the line of career you studied. Why not just get employed and learn the job instead?
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by Edemah1(m): 5:00pm On Apr 19, 2009
Wetin dey worry all these naija guys? where una dey hide 16 yr old jack highest for jamb
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by agabaI23(m): 7:50pm On Apr 19, 2009
honeric01:

Everything in nigeria is upside down not only the educational sector, why would a bio-chemistry graduate turn out to work as a Customer care attendant in a bank? Why do we have universities and tertiary schools when after graduating, you end up not working with the line of career you studied. Why not just get employed and learn the job instead?
As per that one it is not only in naija. In the UK some engineers also work in the bank.
I guess it is a matter of what floats ones boat.

The bank seems to give reward faster than any other institution.
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by 7eleven: 8:52am On Apr 20, 2009
methyl:

well nice one to the girl, that means she is brilliant. but na post jamb go matter and the admission, all the whole 310 na waste if she no pass post jamb
Thats when we'll know how brilliant the babe is  wink

Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by tightabbey(m): 9:56am On Apr 20, 2009
[b][/b][i][/i]
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by tightabbey(m): 10:11am On Apr 20, 2009
For an institution like jamb,dont u thnk they'll test anybody dat scores highest 1 on 1,before they'll publish it.
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by biina: 10:19am On Apr 20, 2009
tightabbey:

For an institution like jamb,dont u thnk they'll test anybody dat scores highest 1 on 1,before they'll publish it.
nope
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by thugjay(m): 2:31pm On Apr 20, 2009
ha ha ha ha is a great news anyway? Wish her the best in her academics, but i wander why boys dem dey slack, boys where una dey for dis 2009 Jamb, may be next year i will buy skirt so that i will join the winning team.
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by jytops: 4:15pm On Apr 20, 2009
That was a good one.
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by Ifeduba: 1:40pm On Apr 21, 2009
They should spare me the story. Do u know the factors towards score. Niger Delta where many things dey delta; they should tell us the centre where they took their exams so that I will advise my friends to register there and make history, if u guys called this history in our time. I always believe that exam is not the true test of knowledge especially in Nigeria.
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by namteya: 2:41pm On Apr 21, 2009
JAMB, WAEC OR NECO!!! HMMM, THE RESULTS THEY PRODUCE THESE DAYS ONLY MAKE A JEST OF THE NIGERIAN EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM. AFTER COMING ACROSS SEC. SCH. GRADUATES AND UNIVERSITY UNDERGRADUATES WITH SO MANY CREDITS AND SO MANY JAMB POINTS WHO HAVE PROVEN SO UNDESERVING OF SUCH SCORES, I MUST SAY I HARDLY GET IMPRESSED THESE DAYS BY '300' POINTS. I WISH THE GIRL THE BEST IN HER ACADEMIC PURSUIT AND I PRAY FOR THE REVIVAL OF JAMB, WAEC AND NECO.
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by jona2: 5:43pm On Apr 21, 2009
;d ;d
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 22, 2009
I thought by now you guys should have known that jamb is not the true test of knowledge. Is not that i don't appreciate good things but don't be surprise that she might end up having a low post UME score or she might gain admission and end up graduating with a low grade. Her performance could either be that 1. she is truly brilliant 2. she just went into the exam hall and did random shadding. 3. or she went to special center.

Most people that had high jamb score last year end up having low post UME score.

I'm just trying to be realistic.

All the same, Kudos Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene!!!!
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by tomory(m): 5:24pm On Apr 22, 2009
nice results but i pray post ume should not Bleep them up. they shd all keep it up.
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by init4dmoni(m): 10:31pm On Apr 22, 2009
story!!!
who even tell u say na her head she use write am
sha even if na runs she use she stll try
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by PurestBoy(m): 11:05am On Apr 23, 2009
thugjay:

ha ha ha ha is a great news anyway? Wish her the best in her academics, but i wander why boys dem dey slack, boys where una dey for dis 2009 Jamb, may be next year i will buy skirt so that i will join the winning team.

Leave dem boiz, they are busy doing yahoo yahoo
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by Uchemus(m): 2:47pm On Apr 23, 2009
i congratulate her 4 dat if she wrote it, bt we all know n naija everything is possible once u av d moni. d girl's parents must av dat moni 4 her 2 put ABTI as her school of choice.
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by Uchemus(m): 2:48pm On Apr 23, 2009
i congratulate her 4 dat if she wrote it, bt we all know n naija everything is possible once u av d moni. d girl's parents must av dat moni 4 her 2 put ABTI as her school of choice.2 me i beliv jamb is nt a true test of knowledge.
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by education1: 6:27pm On Apr 24, 2009
Jamb you say is not a true test of knowledge, but its an entrance to getting the knowledge.
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by thisnigga(m): 11:16am On May 06, 2009
come does anyone have this girl's number coz i want smart kids, what better way than to get such a smart kokolet, any how, im also 16, and i made a 277, so what im a guy i play basketball nd i wasnt daaaaaaaat focused,, lol. sadly im not from ur nigerdlta type im 4rm kgi, grin grin
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by thisnigga(m): 11:17am On May 06, 2009
kai! i get girlfriend ooh all you gals wey jus dey ring me up anyhow cool
Re: 16-year-old girl Miss Edem Ekpoawan Irene Tops Jamb Score, 310 by akwaowoudo(m): 8:47pm On Mar 18, 2010
Good brain! I'm proud of myself and also being a nairalander. Our 16year old flyer i believe you would one day join our naira train. Kudos!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chinasa Nweze Emerges West Africa Best Overall In WASSCE / Indian Lecturer With PhD, 4 Master’s Degrees Hawks Vegetables To Survive / Jamb Pegs Cut-off Marks At 170: Releases 16,000 Additional Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.