Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,700 members, 7,955,639 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:43 AM

DHQ Warns Against Circulation Of Fake National ID Cards - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DHQ Warns Against Circulation Of Fake National ID Cards (7039 Views)

Kaduna Government Warns Against Circulation Of Inciting Images / Buratai's $1.5m Dubai Assets: DHQ To Decide Army Chief’s Fate / Army Arrests Producers Of Fake National ID Cards For Boko Haram Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

DHQ Warns Against Circulation Of Fake National ID Cards by CARLOSZ: 11:07am On Sep 24, 2015

The Nigerian military authorities have issued a red alert against the prevailing incidences of unauthorised reproduction of the national identity cards by some unscrupulous elements in society.

A statement signed by the Acting Director of Defence Information, Col. Rabe Abubakar said, “In view of the prevailing racketeering, the Defence Headquarters hereby warns members of the public to be mindful of getting their national identification from sources other than the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC).”

It expressed concern “that such acts of illegal reproduction of the national ID cards could engender a serious security breach in the ongoing counter-insurgency operation in the northeast.

“The public is also warned that the approved national ID card, which is a chip-based card, has over eighteen security features some of which are not visible to the naked eyes distinguishing it from any of its kind and can only be issued by the NIMC.

“The printing which is by laser engraving stands it out easily.

“The implication of fake national ID cards in circulation is that Boko Haram terrorists in the north-east also used similar method of identification for their members in the past, who were nabbed by the military and paraded before newsmen.

“The general public should guard against patronising unauthorised agents to obtain their national identification as there are racketeers issuing fake cards for monetary and criminal gains.

“This would go a long way to assist the security forces in the containment of infiltration of illegal aliens, who may wish to acquire the cards to legalise their migration into the country to support the terrorists in the fight against the Nigerian Armed Forces.

“The DHQ hereby appeals to members of the public to report any attempt by unauthorised persons to issue, at any point in time, cards similar to the national ID cards to the security agencies. Security is a collective concern of every citizens.”

http://dailytimes.com.ng/dhq-warns-circulation-fake-national-id-cards/
Re: DHQ Warns Against Circulation Of Fake National ID Cards by Sappyman(m): 11:08am On Sep 24, 2015
Nigerians with fake things everywhere.
Re: DHQ Warns Against Circulation Of Fake National ID Cards by ayo4dworld(m): 11:54am On Sep 24, 2015
Nawa oooh. Fake ID Card again. God will save and deliver Nigeria completely

1 Like

Re: DHQ Warns Against Circulation Of Fake National ID Cards by Lovexme(m): 11:54am On Sep 24, 2015
A card that takes years to get processed undecided

2 Likes

Re: DHQ Warns Against Circulation Of Fake National ID Cards by sammieguze(m): 11:54am On Sep 24, 2015
Toor.

Fake national id.

Why won't there be fake when the original national id i applied for since august 2013 has not been processed till now.

I wnt mind d fake sef as original no dey

9 Likes

Re: DHQ Warns Against Circulation Of Fake National ID Cards by lilbazy(m): 11:54am On Sep 24, 2015
Ok noted!! What bothers me the most now is that,why will it take most naija guys 5seconds to unhook a woman's bra But will use 15minutes just to open the book of Hebrew.

3 Likes

Re: DHQ Warns Against Circulation Of Fake National ID Cards by sexaddict08(m): 11:55am On Sep 24, 2015
I need my own Abeg...after 3yrs now,
Re: DHQ Warns Against Circulation Of Fake National ID Cards by lordm(m): 11:55am On Sep 24, 2015
So they can't differentiate between the original and fake abi?
Re: DHQ Warns Against Circulation Of Fake National ID Cards by damton(m): 11:55am On Sep 24, 2015
Ok. noted.
Re: DHQ Warns Against Circulation Of Fake National ID Cards by DiegoNakel(m): 11:56am On Sep 24, 2015
Ok, we dn ear !!!
Re: DHQ Warns Against Circulation Of Fake National ID Cards by Nwocha12(f): 11:56am On Sep 24, 2015
I still can't believe nigerians don't have state or national ID

1 Like

Re: DHQ Warns Against Circulation Of Fake National ID Cards by Fredchisom(m): 11:57am On Sep 24, 2015
To be fore arm is to .......
Re: DHQ Warns Against Circulation Of Fake National ID Cards by StarboyMichael(m): 11:57am On Sep 24, 2015
nOTED
Re: DHQ Warns Against Circulation Of Fake National ID Cards by 4stylz: 11:58am On Sep 24, 2015
Is it thier job to pass such information? Or they are now running government?

Other countries; You hardly hear military giving the citizens safety measures except it is very critical. We have police and SSS.
Re: DHQ Warns Against Circulation Of Fake National ID Cards by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 24, 2015
I'm tired of this Naija ooo, fake cloths, fake hair, fake food, fake phone, fake electronics,fake bible, fake Quran ,fake Drivers license, fake vehicle fake man, fake international passport, fake woman, fake leaders, fake election and it's materials , fake face due to make up, face booty due to pads, fake breast due to pads, even fake churches and mosques and now fake National ID card. I don't know ooo . hen ?
BTW, abeg make Una carry ur fake comot for here ooo, I dey vex, someone pick pocketed me at Eid prayer ground, hen? took my precious 4k. God dey ooo . Fake fake fake everywhere. ...even fake Nairalanders sef dey. ptcheew

1 Like

Re: DHQ Warns Against Circulation Of Fake National ID Cards by baralatie(m): 11:58am On Sep 24, 2015
ok
Re: DHQ Warns Against Circulation Of Fake National ID Cards by Mopolchi: 11:58am On Sep 24, 2015
I have noted that.
Re: DHQ Warns Against Circulation Of Fake National ID Cards by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 24, 2015
CARLOSZ:

The Nigerian military authorities have issued a red alert against the prevailing incidences of unauthorised reproduction of the national identity cards by some unscrupulous elements in society.

A statement signed by the Acting Director of Defence Information, Col. Rabe Abubakar said, “In view of the prevailing racketeering, the Defence Headquarters hereby warns members of the public to be mindful of getting their national identification from sources other than the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC).”

It expressed concern “that such acts of illegal reproduction of the national ID cards could engender a serious security breach in the ongoing counter-insurgency operation in the northeast.

“The public is also warned that the approved national ID card, which is a chip-based card, has over eighteen security features some of which are not visible to the naked eyes distinguishing it from any of its kind and can only be issued by the NIMC.

“The printing which is by laser engraving stands it out easily.

“The implication of fake national ID cards in circulation is that Boko Haram terrorists in the north-east also used similar method of identification for their members in the past, who were nabbed by the military and paraded before newsmen.

“The general public should guard against patronising unauthorised agents to obtain their national identification as there are racketeers issuing fake cards for monetary and criminal gains.

“This would go a long way to assist the security forces in the containment of infiltration of illegal aliens, who may wish to acquire the cards to legalise their migration into the country to support the terrorists in the fight against the Nigerian Armed Forces.

“The DHQ hereby appeals to members of the public to report any attempt by unauthorised persons to issue, at any point in time, cards similar to the national ID cards to the security agencies. Security is a collective concern of every citizens.”

http://dailytimes.com.ng/dhq-warns-circulation-fake-national-id-cards/

Wetin concern me? Tell Buhari's brothers!

To think that it is even apcriminals who voted for CHANGE that will indulge in the circulation of these fake cards
Re: DHQ Warns Against Circulation Of Fake National ID Cards by menix(m): 12:01pm On Sep 24, 2015
ultrazone:
To be fore warned....

Is a crime
Re: DHQ Warns Against Circulation Of Fake National ID Cards by CARLOSZ: 12:14pm On Sep 24, 2015
vikeyz:
[size=32pt]NEED ANYTHING FROM JUMIA? CALL OR WHATSAPP VICTOR 07068683406[/size]

When them ban you now, you go cry pass Job.
Re: DHQ Warns Against Circulation Of Fake National ID Cards by CARLOSZ: 12:15pm On Sep 24, 2015
Kingeli

FP again

1 Like

Re: DHQ Warns Against Circulation Of Fake National ID Cards by desmond2pk: 12:15pm On Sep 24, 2015
That's Hausa Fulani wahala. They fake inec cards, national id card, driver's license etc for the benefit of Boko Haram and election rigging

1 Like

Re: DHQ Warns Against Circulation Of Fake National ID Cards by wildchild1: 12:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
Fake national ID card,naija which way? grin
Re: DHQ Warns Against Circulation Of Fake National ID Cards by chesterlee(m): 12:37pm On Sep 24, 2015
We are yet to the Original
Re: DHQ Warns Against Circulation Of Fake National ID Cards by Drsheddy(m): 12:38pm On Sep 24, 2015
K
Re: DHQ Warns Against Circulation Of Fake National ID Cards by zurine(f): 12:41pm On Sep 24, 2015
hmm
Re: DHQ Warns Against Circulation Of Fake National ID Cards by amparas(m): 12:43pm On Sep 24, 2015
Since how many years I apply for this id.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Wanted One Nigeria Before He Change His Mind / 2019: APC To Commence Screening Of Aspirants Today / Thank God Atiku Did Not Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.