Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,814 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

How Hajj Was Performed In 1953 And Now - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Hajj Was Performed In 1953 And Now (33771 Views)

Unidentified Woman Who Died During Hajj Trip To Mecca (Photo) / Throwback Of Muslim During Hajj In 1953 (photo) / 25 Amazing Photos From Hajj 1953 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Hajj Was Performed In 1953 And Now by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 13, 2016
uplawal:
I really don't wanna believe this,I heard the obelisck on mount Arafat was the one pilgrims used to stone before but it's now erected on mount arafat fo
r pilgrims to ask Allah for mercy etc,and they now erected 3flat pillars for pilgrims to stone,how can people face a once rejected stone for mercy I just dnt understand,and this same obelisk is found in many cities oftthe world and people says the Sungod.
spirit is present there at a very high temperature,which is called Ra,hence some says AllahuRa.pls am not trying to mock Islam o,as am a muslim myself.

Well its just conspiracy theories against "wahhabis", until 2004, the three jamaraat(that were stoned) were tall pillars. After the 2004 Hajj, Saudi authorities replaced the pillars with about 85ft tall walls for safety; many people were accidentally throwing pebbles at people on the other side. To allow easier access to the jamaraat, a single-tiered pedestrian bridge called the Jamaraat Bridge was built around them, allowing pilgrims to throw stones from either ground level or from the bridge.

So the stoning has always been those three jamaraat, ok let's agree the obelisk at arafah was the former place that was stoned, it goes against the islamic text because All three jamaraat represents the devil: the first and largest represents his temptation of Abraham against sacrificing Ishmael (Ismail); the second represents the temptation of Abraham's wife Hagar (Hajar) to induce her to stop him; the third represents his temptation of Ishmael to avoid being sacrificed. He was rebuked each time, and the throwing of the stones symbolizes those rebukes.

But the obelisk at arafah is just one and not three, i hope you get what I'm saying....

And about the obelisk at arafah, that was where the prophet stood for his last sermon,shaykh ibn uthaymeen confirmed this in his answer to a question on people calling that spot jabal ar-rahmah;

I do not know of any basis for this name in the Sunnah, i.e., that the mountain in ‘Arafah, by which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stood, is called Jabal al-Rahmah (the Mount of Mercy). Since there is no basis for that in the Sunnah, it should not be called by that name. Perhaps those who call it thus realize that this is a great standing in which those who stand at ‘Arafah receive the forgiveness and mercy of Allaah, so they called it by this name. But it is better not to use this name, rather it should be called Jabal ‘Arafah (Mount ‘Arafah), or the mountain by which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) stood, etc.

2 Likes

Re: How Hajj Was Performed In 1953 And Now by udatso: 4:40pm On Sep 14, 2016
I was really shocked at the insult. I was equally trying to figure out what lexiconkabir has said wrong.
Empiree's advice helps though

1 Like

Re: How Hajj Was Performed In 1953 And Now by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 14, 2016
udatso:
I was really shocked at the insult. I was equally trying to figure out what lexiconkabir has said wrong.
Empiree's advice helps though

Lol, although I wasn't annoyed at all yesterday, was just confused, it was after I saw empire's post and really thought of how women can act strange at times, that was when I replied to her question.
Re: How Hajj Was Performed In 1953 And Now by BetaThings: 8:33pm On Sep 14, 2016
ValerianSteel:
Boosting the economy of yeye Saudi Arabia in the name Hajj.Muslims need to be sent back to wherever they came from and remanufactured especially with a new brain.
So that they can have a judgmental and hypocritical brain like yours

Christians are innovating in quest of salvation
They flock to bar beach, redeemed camp, Jerusalem

And they come to Nairaland to criticise Muslims for going for Hajj!!

3 Likes

Re: How Hajj Was Performed In 1953 And Now by BetaThings: 9:44pm On Sep 14, 2016
lexiconkabir:

SubhanAllaah, why the insult? I only asked a question.
Don't be surprised
3 qualities of twelver shia are easy to spot
1. They are quick to insult
2. Quick to call people names
3. Looking for every opportunity to embarass Sunnis

The innovation they have brought is such that they try to discourage people from performing Hajj
How?
They claim that if you go to Karbala to visit the grave of Hussain (RA) on the day of Arafat, you get more rewards than being on Mount Arafat
Since man is not ubiquitous, people who don't know better might choose the shirk-laced innovation of prostrating at the Karbala grave to standing at Mount Arafat on the 9th of Dhul Hijjah

And if one does not stand at Arafat, he has not performed Hajj

So indirectly they are saying : don't perform Hajj, just come to Karbala to do some grave worship and you get more reward

Another thing, since the incident of last year Iran (and by extension Twelver Shias) have intensified their campaign against Sunnis and Saudi Arabia
And you know they are very very good at propaganda

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Hajj Was Performed In 1953 And Now by Origin(f): 11:35pm On Sep 14, 2016
I'm going to answer some earlier posts:
Muslims undertake pilgrimage to Mecca and even Aqsa in Jerusalam. It's like tracing your roots which we can trace back to prophet Abraham.

Muslims believe in miracles and prophet Muhammad performed many miracles.
The best miracle about prophet Jesus was in his birth (which if it happened today would never be believed) whereas his resurrection still happens till today (few cases of people waking up in mortuaries or after been declares dead). Everyday in the life of a muslim is a miracle for which he thanks God constantly.

Prophet Muhammad's greatest miracle was the Quran which some claimed were copied from earlier religious books yet he could neither read nor write. People however believed his call to the worship of One God because of his integrity and truthfulness.
Re: How Hajj Was Performed In 1953 And Now by BetaThings: 12:09am On Sep 15, 2016
Origin:

Prophet Muhammad's greatest miracle was the Quran which some claimed were copied from earlier religious books yet he could neither read nor write.

The claim that Prophet Muhammad (SAW) copied the Qur'an is a desperate

Placing the stories of Prophet Yusuph (AS) in the Bible and Qur'an side by side reveals the unique
Same with the stories of how Mary was able to defend her chastity (according to the Bible and Qur'an)

Even the Qur'anic account of the conception of Jesus is more befitting of a Prophet than that of the Bible
Re: How Hajj Was Performed In 1953 And Now by Nobody: 3:08am On Sep 15, 2016
BetaThings:

Don't be surprised
3 qualities of twelver shia are easy to spot
1. They are quick to insult
2. Quick to call people names
3. Looking for every opportunity to embarass Sunnis

The innovation they have brought is such that they try to discourage people from performing Hajj
How?
They claim that if you go to Karbala to visit the grave of Hussain (RA) on the day of Arafat, you get more rewards than being on Mount Arafat
Since man is not ubiquitous, people who don't know better might choose the shirk-laced innovation of prostrating at the Karbala grave to standing at Mount Arafat on the 9th of Dhul Hijjah

And if one does not stand at Arafat, he has not performed Hajj

So indirectly they are saying : don't perform Hajj, just come to Karbala to do some grave worship and you get more reward

Another thing, since the incident of last year Iran (and by extension Twelver Shias) have intensified their campaign against Sunnis and Saudi Arabia
And you know they are very very good at propaganda

Is she a shi'i?
Re: How Hajj Was Performed In 1953 And Now by BetaThings: 2:36pm On Sep 15, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Is she a shi'i?
Yes
Re: How Hajj Was Performed In 1953 And Now by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 15, 2016
BetaThings:

Yes

Oh! Why was i even wasting my time with her sef

Allaah musta'an.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do The People In The City Of Wekan, Oman Truly Fast For 3 Hours In Ramadan? / Nigerian Supreme Council Of Islamic Affairs Overrules JNI Earlier Statement / Zakatul - Fitr: I Received This From My Muslim Neighbor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.