Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,310 members, 7,815,563 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section (3654 Views)

For Christians: How To Be Free From Masturbation, Other Addictions / No Christianity, No Nigeria / Why Am Leaving Christianity For New Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 26, 2015
Sveen:
I negate this statement. It should not always be about quarrel or bigotry. We can also learn from one another.
Really? An assignment for you.

Go through the religious threads and tell me if there is any possibility of 'learning' from one another.
Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by Sveen: 5:53pm On Sep 26, 2015
MuhdG:

Really? An assignment for you.

Go through the religious threads and tell me if there is any possibility of 'learning' from one another.
Once the hatred is eradicated, people will discuss religion with a free mindset with no ounce of inferiority complex.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 26, 2015
Mr Seun, your proposal is not bad at all. Let everyone have unguarded access to read as well as comment on any religious thread on this forum. However I must warn that the ban threat will not deter people from engaging in heated discussions and hardline postulations. People have right to their varying opinions.

Most importantly, the number of moderators must not be tilted towards and in favour of a particular sect. This will heighten tension. Moderators whose faith gets questioned in a manner that doesn't appeal to them will be quick to effect a ban at every slightest chance.

Opinions must not be stifled under the guise of intolerant rules. Mr Seun, I strongly advise you to commit the task of moderating the proposed joint section to liberals who are not wearing the heavy savage chains of religious fanaticism.

JESUS is LORD!

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by Nobody: 6:03pm On Sep 26, 2015
Sveen:
Once the hatred is eradicated, people will discuss religion with a free mindset with no ounce of inferiority complex.
How do you suggest the hatred should be eradicated
Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by Sanchez01: 6:13pm On Sep 26, 2015
Seun:
I'm thinking of merging the Muslim section with the religion section. People who insult any religion will be banned. What do you think?
Great idea... And please, consider the compulsory Islamic tag.
Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by Sanchez01: 6:15pm On Sep 26, 2015
Seun:
I'm thinking of merging the Muslim section with the religion section. People who insult any religion will be banned. What do you think?
Great idea... And please, consider the compulsory Islamic tag that forces one to proclaim and accept Islam.
Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by Sveen: 6:16pm On Sep 26, 2015
MuhdG:

How do you suggest the hatred should be eradicated
Although things like this cannot be totally eradicated because we have some peeps with different view and mindset, whilst some are unrelenting adherent; however, I noticed most people that engage in religion intolerance often do it so that they can feel better about themselves, thinking that by belittling another religion, they're doing their own God a favor. Ergo, some also do it to tarnish the image of the supposed religion, so as to make the people see that religion as inferior to theirs.

However, the utmost level in which they can achieve their goal is via discrimination.

I do believe that by merging the sections together, there's a possibility that it could change the mindset of several people. This is my opinion! Though an opposition would be welcomed.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by Funjosh(m): 6:41pm On Sep 26, 2015
Seun:

Yes that is what we call equality, we are one am in support. Let their be justice

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 26, 2015
Sveen:
Although things like this cannot be totally eradicated because we have some peeps with different view and mindset, whilst some are unrelenting adherent; however, I noticed most people that engage in religion intolerance often do it so that they can feel better about themselves, thinking that by belittling another religion, they're doing their own God a favor. Ergo, some also do it to tarnish the image of the supposed religion, so as to make the people see that religion as inferior to theirs.

However, the utmost level in which they can achieve their goal is via discrimination.

I do believe that by merging the sections together, there's a possibility that it could change the mindset of several people. This is my opinion! Though an opposition would be welcomed.

You said it all @ bolded.
The merging might take things from bad to worse.
Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by Sveen: 6:46pm On Sep 26, 2015
MuhdG:

You said it all @ bolded.
The merging might take things from bad to worse.
The defaulters and perpetrators shall be sanctioned.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by wunmi590(m): 7:34pm On Sep 26, 2015
Seun:

I guess that's a great idea, we should be able to tolerate each other. Anybody who does something funny should be banned for a very long time.

Let try and live in peace and harmony, by so doing this world would become a better place for all.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by seunmsg(m): 9:03pm On Sep 26, 2015
Seun:

Just create a Christianity for Christians section. Merging all religions together will only escalate the problem to a level where banning won't be effective.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by Sissie(f): 9:20pm On Sep 26, 2015
Seun:

You chose to put the oath on the section and went ahead even though we disagreed.

Muslims get insulted for it even though we NEVER requested for it.

If you chose to merge it together, I doubt you would listen to arguments disagreeing.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 26, 2015
@seun,how are u doing?Hope u got your sallah meat.Pls don't merge it.You will only take us back to the era where unnecessary insults will be hurled at muslims and islam.People will be banned because of it and u will be seen as supporting muslims.What does anyone has to gain by the hurtful things that will be posted when you merge the section.The oath reduced the attacks thereby reduced people from getting banned.Pls,the merging of the 'islam for muslim'section is unnecessary and uncalled for.Have a lovely night,sir.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by RealAdewole(m): 1:14am On Sep 27, 2015
PastorOsamede:
I am impressed that Christians are standing up strongly against religious discrimination. Seun has been bullied into giving a special inaccessible section to Islam. This is shameful and cowardly. Whereas Muslims are allowed to roam freely on Christian threads spitting venomous irritating comments all over it.

Stand up, stand up for JESUS, you soldiers of the Cross!
Seun:
PastorOsamede:
I am impressed that Christians are standing up strongly against religious discrimination. Seun has been bullied into giving a special inaccessible section to Islam. This is shameful and cowardly. Whereas Muslims are allowed to roam freely on Christian threads spitting venomous irritating comments all over it.

Stand up, stand up for JESUS, you soldiers of the Cross!

I am a christian but I will say you shouldn't merge it cause firstly christianity as never being a religion and ot will never be one, christianity is a culture and if there would be a special forum for christian it should be in the culture section
Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by bxcode(m): 2:19am On Sep 27, 2015
Mr Seun, freedom is not actually free as we all perceive it. A lot of prior are religious fanatics guided by doctrines of men and religion will only permit what services it. As for this section that maturity and tolerance is lacking. Only about 2 out of every 10 Christians can comfortably sit down and have a constructive argument with an atheist or Muslim and still walk out in love. The best is to allow people make their choice in belief. Create another thread for Christians just like you have for Muslims. Merging it together will lead to more outpouring of emotional comments and you will get tired of banning people trust me. The decision is yours tho.

1 Like

Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by Nobody: 2:59am On Sep 27, 2015
Seun:

i think merging the Muslim section with the religion section is a good idea, but banning those who insult religion? I don't think it is a good idea.

What will qualify as an insult to a religion? How are we sure that what you call insult to a religion is actually that which you do not like? How will banning those who express that which you do not like and is not falsehood, help our society and culture grow?

Oh, you, Seun, don't think you are that much of an influence? You and Linda are now cultural icons, if you do not know and your website especially can help Nigeria solve its problems.

You are thinking of building walls to protect people's frailty; but tell me: have walls been able to achieve the aims for which they were built? Read the history of walls and come back and tell me what became of those walls. They couldn't stand the test of time! No religion is above being satired; it is left for the followers of any religion to realize that they just cannot get angry when their religion is being mocked this is so that we do not have the likes of Charlie Hebdo happening again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by Nobody: 4:02am On Sep 27, 2015
zeezzy:
@seun,how are u doing?Hope u got your sallah meat.Pls don't merge it.You will only take us back to the era where unnecessary insults will be hurled at muslims and islam.People will be banned because of it and u will be seen as supporting muslims.What does anyone has to gain by the hurtful things that will be posted when you merge the section.The oath reduced the attacks thereby reduced people from getting banned.Pls,the merging of the 'islam for muslim'section is unnecessary and uncalled for.Have a lovely night,sir.

reading through your post, i get the sense that you are only worried about your religion and your people being attacked and i understand the insecurity! Pls don't get me wrong as i am not trying to get at you guys, believe me.

The so much touchyness you guys get when something you do not like gets said about your religion is where the problem is and we are saying you guys can be better!

I believe by now, as you are reading through my post, some negative emotions and energy is begining to well up inside you and if that's the case, i want you to open your mouth a little bit and breath out. It will help, trust me.

So you can see that i am only out for your own good since you can testify that what you feel is not the best. I am out to profer ways through which we all can work together and achieve it that when you Muslims listen to what you would call blasphemy, you are not going to get offended. Don't you look forward to such a beautiful day when you hear blasphemy and you just do not get hurt by it and you can still worship Allah in truth and in spirit?

My take is... mearging the whole thing and liberalizing the rules in the reigion section, is the very best way to go to help everyone especially the muslims become free in meaninful debate that is ruled by superior knowledge and understanding.

Yes, at first, it will be very difficult as insults will be peddled here and there and the whole place could get heated up to the point that people could begin to call for better and further moderation or outright ban, but the end will be better.

When you get into debates where people insult you and disrespect your religion, you could get hurt and may want to fire back. You may even abandon the thread. But one thing that could happen again is that you would come back from time to time to see if a more knowledgable muslim is around to turn the table in your favour which will result in you feeling better at least momentarily. When you make that come back, sometimes you will find what you expect and other times you won't find it which will complicate your hurtful feelings. All the while you are feeling hurt, what's actually happening is that those chains holding you back and making you feel hurt by comments you see as blasphemy, are being broken down and you will emerge a better person. It will get to a point you will not get hurt anymore. At that point, you will look at those who are not your members, you will see his insecurity and also strength. He can also see your insecurity and strength too. In the end, even when you insult each other, it will only be banter and not a deadly aggression anymore.

This has been my experience following the thread on the foreign affairs section: "who has the strongest military in Africa". At first, it was real aggression between us Nigerians and the South Africans. But as time went by, we all could see and know each others weaknesses and strength and today, even though we still attack each other, it is basically banter and nothin more. We now respect each other and are less likely to pick up arms at each other in real life.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by Anomnity: 4:42am On Sep 27, 2015
Seun:

Do not merge it. You'll have to deal with endless insults and multiple bans.In fact you may end up banning everybody. Members will wear out moderators with endless complaints of insults.

At the height of it Muslims that can no longer bear the insults will begin to threaten your life again and we know that the threat is real cos muslims have began to kill bloggers already.Hope you read the news on this.

SOLUTION: Simply create a Christian section strictly for Christians like you did the muslim section and leave the general section for those that want to fight. Muslims that open topics in the general section get the insults they deserve as well as Christians. Anyone that has any bitter grouse with Christianity or Muslims opens the topic on the general section and pour out his feelings while the moderators moderate the insults in the general section.It gives the moderators less work than when all sections are combined.

Don't believe me.Just give this a 3 months trial and if you are not satisfied then revert back to merging all.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by Redoil: 6:20am On Sep 27, 2015
Jaypea98:

Another section should be created for the atheists and devil worshippers in the religion section too then.
All i know is there was a time when that religion section was like a warfront.

back then i was among the warrior trying to show them the way out
Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by Pidggin(f): 7:30am On Sep 27, 2015
@Seun, why not creat sub-sections for major religions, then leave the main one open to all.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by Freelancer007(m): 9:11am On Sep 27, 2015
Seun:
Pls bro, don't do that! Leave the Islam section as it is and create a Christian section strictly for the Christians too. Then the Religion section can be a place for all religions to discuss together. Hope you get it?
Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by HomoSapiien: 12:07pm On Sep 27, 2015
Sveen:
The defaulters and perpetrators shall be sanctioned.

despite this https://www.nairaland.com/2253188/important-nairalands-rule-2-been Tribal bigotry is at its peak in the politics section.
Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by Sveen: 12:27pm On Sep 27, 2015
HomoSapiien:

despite this https://www.nairaland.com/2253188/important-nairalands-rule-2-been Tribal bigotry is at its peak in the politics section.
That's because the moderators are not really effective in my own cognition. They don't repel any act tribalistic of brouhaha, and that is giving those people more privilege.

Some people even call themselves tribal warlords, for where?

If the mods where to be more effective, these menace would be tamed forever.
Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by Seun(m): 10:15pm On Sep 27, 2015
Sissie:
Muslims get insulted for it even though we NEVER requested for it.
The oath is one of the cleverest things we have ever done on this forum. Your failure to understand why it was necessary is very disappointing.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by Seun(m): 10:25pm On Sep 27, 2015
Anomnity:
Do not merge it. You'll have to deal with endless insults and multiple bans.In fact you may end up banning everybody.
After we have banned a few hundred people, things will stabilize. If I can get someone to do that, there will be no problem in the section.

Members will wear out moderators with endless complaints of insults.
Yea. I won't do it until we have a team of capable moderators who won't back down. We will have a rule against insulting any religion.

Muslims that open topics in the general section get the insults they deserve as well as Christians.
We won't allow Muslims to be insulted anywhere on the forum. They won't say that it's alright just because the insult is in a different section.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by CARLOSZ: 10:34pm On Sep 27, 2015
danbrowndmf:
seun is a christian o

That nigger is a Muslim.
Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by CARLOSZ: 10:35pm On Sep 27, 2015
An2elect2:
You always protect the weak child. Islam is weak, it cant stand the storm

Most sensible post I've ever seen on nairaland
Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by gnykelly(m): 10:41pm On Sep 27, 2015
Seun:

the hatred that will be pouered will be more than that of political section.
Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by Seun(m): 10:54pm On Sep 27, 2015
gnykelly:

the hatred that will be pouered will be more than that of political section.
We really have no moderators there. I've failed to hire the right people and put them there. The lady I trained decided to resign suddenly.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Is There No Christianity For Christians Section by Anas09: 11:12pm On Sep 27, 2015
Seun is neither a christian or muslim. I heard him affirm that he was an atheist.
Sir, thank you very much for this suggestion. Go ahaed and do it, BUT, pls check and cross check who the Mods will be. You know us, u ve been reading and following us. U know those who are very paasionate abt their religion, so will be baize.
I will say you check out guys who are just there objectively following issues. I would ve said, Atheists, but must of the Atheist here seem to have quarrel with the Christian God only. So I'll say randomly choose who to be mod.
If I may suggest, I'll call Jonnydon as one of the mods, why? He is objective. Doesn't insult, hardly gets offended and he's neither here nor there.
This is me though.
Thank you for what u r abt to do.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Another Apostle Suleiman Victim Comes Out On Nairaland. / Confusion: See How The Bible Contradicts Itself / Where Was God Living Before HE Created Heaven???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.