Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,652 members, 7,955,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:31 AM

Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? (13222 Views)

Find Why Lean, Protein-rich Foods Are Best To Burn Belly Fat Fast / Which Foods Can Reduce The Chances Of Getting Malaria? / Foods Rich In Iron (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by olachy: 3:31pm On Apr 16, 2009
Hi guys, i think i am lacking calcium and the likes in my diet, what nigerian foods are rich in calcium??
Re: Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by dominique(f): 4:46pm On Apr 16, 2009
hello dearie, if you're really feeling calcium deficient, then you must be feeling some pains in your bones.then i'll advice that you should use calcium supplements. you can try out local cereal like golden morn (at least thats what they said in the pack undecided). also sea foods (esp crayfish and shrimps), cheese, fruits. also try chewing soft bone.
Re: Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by olachy: 7:06am On Apr 17, 2009
@ dominique, thnks, yeah i do feel sme pains, my nails re really soft, and my teeth r not strong, thnks frf the post but ama need a lil bit mre info, so nyone out there, pls offer a sister sme help ok,
Re: Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by iice(f): 10:50am On Apr 18, 2009
Milk/yogurt, fish, veggies and fruits.

1 Like

Re: Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by minto(m): 4:27pm On Apr 18, 2009
olachy:

@ dominique, thnks, yeah i do feel sme pains, my nails re really soft, and my teeth r not strong, thnks frf the post but ama need a lil bit mre info, so nyone out there, pls offer a sister sme help ok,

Your teeth are not meant for cheese and chocolate alone buddy, crack some bones, suck more marrows and your teeth will get stronger.
Re: Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by fatexbrown: 4:39pm On Apr 18, 2009
try chop plenty of dog-bone (soft part)
Re: Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by Winnergal(f): 7:28pm On Apr 18, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Lovely Nigerian food you mentioned there mate, I just had my fill. wink

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by dominique(f): 8:03pm On Apr 18, 2009
LMAO :d :d ;d
Re: Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Apr 18, 2009
Good sources of calcium include:
• Dry Beans, such as black-eyed peas. In fact 3/4 of cup =120mg of calcium
• Sardines
• Fortified orange juice
• Broth made with meat bones and a few tablespoons of vinegar
• Green leafy vegetables. It is important to note that spinach is not a good source of calcium.
It is high in calcium, but the calcium is bound to oxalates and therefore poorly absorbed.
• Fortified foods such as soya.
• White flour and white flour products
Re: Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by nomanicole(f): 11:08pm On Apr 18, 2009
hmm! more milk,try umh! wats it called dere's dis drug 4 hands,skin and hair,its quite affordable.it really works.den use close up 2 brush ur teeth and brush twice everyday
Re: Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by MrCrackles(m): 11:37pm On Apr 18, 2009
Sperm Juice!
Re: Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by toosoon(m): 9:50am On Apr 19, 2009
MrCrackles:

Sperm Juice!

Sperm ointment 12ml will works more effectively than the juice, grin grin
Re: Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by yemooffa(m): 3:27pm On Apr 19, 2009
hello everybody,i have a somewhat similar problem.everyday i am growing thiner and thiner.i have taking supplement after supplement and i try to eat well but to no avail.Although i work in the bank with the attendant stress but hey,i am not the only one there.i dont feel any pain neither do i fall sick often,so i dont think its any veneral disease.who has an idea of what might be wrong?
Re: Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by AmAlone: 4:13pm On Apr 19, 2009
"If I find out that you are involved,my friend, I'm taking you down"

LOL see who want to take someone down. . . grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 19, 2009
Drink alot of beans bone!! And fry 4 eggs of Mosquitoes evry morning. lipsrsealed
Re: Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by yemooffa(m): 4:41pm On Apr 19, 2009
@am alone,
My friend,teeny weeny things can destroy wink
Re: Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by PurestBoy(m): 5:01pm On Apr 19, 2009
MrCrackles:

Sperm Juice!

Chei! u no go kill me
Re: Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by AmAlone: 5:02pm On Apr 19, 2009
yemo offa:

@am alone,
My friend,teeny weeny things can destroy wink

Peace out! Brother--You Are The Man. . .
Re: Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by Outstrip(f): 7:24pm On Apr 19, 2009
Bones. LOL. For real though. My friend is lactose intolerant but he says he is not worried because he doesn't only eat the meat but also the bones. Please if you are not african don't try this at home
Re: Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by Ifez: 9:30pm On Apr 19, 2009
@ Poster

To be honest with you, there aren't any local foods in Nigeria that are good sources of calcium, except Milk and other dairy products. Bones from meat and fish may work too, but that's about it. The rest of the foods (especially the processed ones) contain a little bit of calcium that were added in three ways: (1) Enrichment (2) Fortification (3) Add-back process.
These kind of foods do not give you the daily required dose of calcium and vitamin D (you need that too for your condition).

In effect, you should consume more Milk and dairy products. However, the best bet for extreme conditions like yours is calcium tablets/supplements. Actually, every woman is required to take one tablet of calcium every day to prevent osteoporosis and bone loss.
Alternatively, since you're Ibo, ask your mom or people in the villa about 'Nzu'. Pregnant women use this as a source of calcium during the early stages of pregnancy.

This is all there is. Other foods like Soy beans or green leafy veggies, though they contain a tiny amount of calcium, will not help your case. If I were you, I'd go for the calcium supplement.
Re: Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by TOYOSI20(f): 12:31am On Apr 20, 2009
• Salmon
• Tofu
• Sardines
• Collard greens
• Spinach
• Turnip greens
• Okra
• White beans
• Baked beans
• Broccoli
• Peas
• Almonds

Calcium is an essential part of ones daily diet. . . . .the foods are essential. , . . .have u tried supplements as well. . . .like vitamin supplements!! wink smiley
Re: Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by na2day2(m): 4:44am On Apr 20, 2009
nomanicole:

hmm! more milk,try umh! wats it called dere's dis drug 4 hands,skin and hair,its quite affordable.it really works.den use close up 2 brush ur teeth and brush twice everyday

i didnt know u r still alive, long time smiley
Re: Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by 7eleven: 8:31am On Apr 20, 2009
try sea foods like snails, periwinkles, crabs, lobsters, oysters etc. wink

Re: Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by adigweada: 10:56am On Apr 20, 2009
Unripe Plantain!

One meal that everyone disregards. Very rich in Iron and calcium.Very reasonable price.
Chop the plantains into tiny bits and make a porridge out of it, you can add vegetables (Spinach Leaves) popularly known as Ugu ,crayfish and periwinkles to make it richer.Take this 2 or 3 times a week .By the time you've done this for a month, you'll definitely see the difference.

No need to take drugs , our Nigerian meals are very rich!

Cheers!
Re: Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by olachy: 2:16pm On Apr 20, 2009
@ ifez, thanks a lot, tho I beg to differ a bit, me mums never took suplemnts, she's fine at 63, and by the way, she aint ibo, all in all, u were very infrmative, merci
to the rest of the hse, i was taking calcium supp's but my doctor told me stop, sed thay are linked to cancer or smfin funi,
To the silly human beings who took this an avenue to prescribe such nonsense as sperm juice and mosquitoes, may u never need info that is important in improvin ur life, cos lemme tel u smfin, wt goes arnd cmes arnd,
to those with useful tips, i am ever sooooo grateful, thnks
Re: Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by olachy: 2:19pm On Apr 20, 2009
and oh yeah, spikedcylinder, i had a gd laff ova ur comment, guy just wntin to sell his supp's huh?
Re: Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by lwise(m): 2:25pm On Apr 20, 2009
yemo offa
Insert Quote
hello everybody,i have a somewhat similar problem.everyday i am growing thiner and thiner.i have taking supplement after supplement and i try to eat well but to no avail.Although i work in the bank with the attendant stress but hey,i am not the only one there.i dont feel any pain neither do i fall sick often,so i dont think its any veneral disease.who has an idea of what might be wrong?

@ yemo offa

you may not neccessarily need calcium suppliment i guess ur case is worse than that,try to go for a test.
Re: Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by oluwdashmi(f): 3:50pm On Apr 20, 2009
yemo offa:

Someone just prescribed these for me to add a little bit of weight cos I just keep loosing weight without much stress and I need to take more rest by sleeping earlier than I used to do, it might be good for you too. Solotone+Ginseng capsule+omega h3. One dose of each drug a day. I will get it this week.
Re: Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by ayobase(m): 7:19pm On Apr 21, 2009
making joke out of this again?
PPLE!!
Re: Low Calcium: Which Foods Are Rich In Calcium? by doklink: 10:23am On Apr 22, 2009
hi,i know of a product that is very rich in calcium.you start seeing the results under 30mins,for more information pls call 08055616237.

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Natural Remedies For Purging To Avoid Antibiotics Abuse / NOIPolls: 88% Of Nigerian Doctors Seek Job Opportunities Abroad / COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.