Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

Trailer Blocks 3rd Mainland Bridge - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Trailer Blocks 3rd Mainland Bridge (24513 Views)

Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge This Afternoon (Graphic Photos) / 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics) / Multiple Accident On 3rd Mainland Bridge (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trailer Blocks 3rd Mainland Bridge by freshcvvs: 12:59pm On Sep 25, 2015
Godyke:
I could picture what really happened. The driver actually missed his way at the iyana oworo exit and enterend the bridge in error. The third mainland has always been a no go area for heavy duty trucks like trailers at any time of the day. The best he could have done is to reverse all the way back with the assistance of his conductor rather than trying to make a turn on the bridge. Such decision and eventual action could land him in a more serious trouble which is driving against traffic otherwise known as ONE WAY. This whole event may have taken place in the mid night. I Feel for him. Ignorance and illiteracy indeed is a disease.

Reverse? Trailer reverse?
Re: Trailer Blocks 3rd Mainland Bridge by Owliver(m): 1:00pm On Sep 25, 2015
3rdlegxxx:

i thought i was the only one that saw that, turn on a express busy ass bridge, lmao... ah! ah@ Nigerians, we funny and stupid die
i dont understand nigerians lol
Re: Trailer Blocks 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 25, 2015
3rdlegxxx:

lol, lmao.. high on ram meat, na wa for some of una oo

Lool
Re: Trailer Blocks 3rd Mainland Bridge by bigtt76(f): 1:13pm On Sep 25, 2015
Why should MAERSK be joined as defendant? Becos na den name de on top the container or becos na dem get the cargo? Why not join the maker of the truck naaaa grin

Keneking:
Looks like in bound traffic to Lagos from Oworonshoki would be affected.

All this PDP members can disrupt activities in the state since their symbolic loss to APC in May. They act in various forms including terrorism, blockage of Apapa expressway, blockage along Ikorodu road, blockage on third mainland bridge, noisy activities at the CCT etc.

To resolve this challenge the following has to be done:

1. Lastma's presence is needed.
2. Traffic radio needs to make a public announcement.
3. There has to be helicopter surveillance around the bridge for fear of terrorism.
4. An empty trailer should be stationed on the opposite part of the bridge.
5. A crane capable of lifting the container should drive through Yaba (Herbert Macaulay link) to the same direction of bridge ...driving on reverse.
6. The head of the trailer should be decoupled.
7. The back should be towed away from the scene.
8. The driver should not be booked but arrested and charged for terrorism on Monday.
9. MAERSK company should join the suit as defendants.
10. There should be an investigation on this incident.
11. The entire action should not exceed 1hour 30mins.
12. Governor Ambode should visit the scene as soon as possible.

Re: Trailer Blocks 3rd Mainland Bridge by bigtt76(f): 1:16pm On Sep 25, 2015
They should ban these sort of trucks naaa.... see de front sef like one wen don die since Choi Lagos oooo! shocked

lanre2009:
More photos from current status of 3rd mainland bridge....
Re: Trailer Blocks 3rd Mainland Bridge by mbulela: 1:18pm On Sep 25, 2015
Businessideas:
He said he missed his way and wanted to turn back on the bridge but unfortunately got stuck!! shocked
You expect us to believe he has a license?
Why will you do a u- turn on the express?
Something g dras ic has to be done about these truck drivers. I can see the containers are not bound to the truck too.
Re: Trailer Blocks 3rd Mainland Bridge by Vision4God: 1:19pm On Sep 25, 2015
Turn on 3rd mainland wen he hasnt gotten to a u- turn? Wat was he thinking?
Re: Trailer Blocks 3rd Mainland Bridge by baloney: 1:22pm On Sep 25, 2015
Re: Trailer Blocks 3rd Mainland Bridge by nochio(m): 1:39pm On Sep 25, 2015
Hope no be bomb dey inside that thing.
Re: Trailer Blocks 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 25, 2015
The owner of the truck should be prosecuted...sometimes you have teenagers driving these 18 wheelers... Quote me
Re: Trailer Blocks 3rd Mainland Bridge by toocoded: 3:41pm On Sep 25, 2015
Businessideas:
Right now, nobody can access the island through the 3rd mainland bridge angry angry
They said the guy wanted to turn on the bridge then got stuck!!! shocked
Are u kidding me wetin d mumu go dey find for T.M Bridge sef. Besides, they're not allowed to ply that bridge...GOAT!!!
Re: Trailer Blocks 3rd Mainland Bridge by atilla(m): 4:00pm On Sep 25, 2015
I hope they arrested the truck driver.

the guy is not normal
Re: Trailer Blocks 3rd Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 25, 2015
dumb ass driver.
Re: Trailer Blocks 3rd Mainland Bridge by Godyke(m): 7:12pm On Sep 25, 2015
Yes it is very possible. Trailers do reverse. I mean they also have the reverse gear fitted in their transmission system. They do reverse when the occassion demands. Thats when professionalism and experience comes to play
freshcvvs:

Reverse? Trailer reverse?
[/quote]Reverse? Trailer reverse?

Yes it is very possible. Trailers do reverse. I mean they also have the reverse gear fitted in their transmission system. They do reverse when the occassion demands. Thats when professionalism and experience comes to play

2 Likes

Re: Trailer Blocks 3rd Mainland Bridge by Benbelor(m): 8:23pm On Sep 25, 2015
hakeem4:
How does this affect my ram that just escaped ?
is it the same ram that sprint-passed here now that we just finished thanking Allah for the suyagringrin

1 Like

Re: Trailer Blocks 3rd Mainland Bridge by luggy(m): 9:12pm On Sep 25, 2015
how are we sure of what your saying, no pix to testify coment
Re: Trailer Blocks 3rd Mainland Bridge by konkonbilo(m): 10:26pm On Sep 25, 2015
I no say, e no go pass those abokies. Dem too mumu
Re: Trailer Blocks 3rd Mainland Bridge by Mustay(m): 7:03am On Sep 28, 2015
mbulela:
I can see the containers are not bound to the truck too.
There are twistlocks which ties the containers to the vehicle.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kenyan Police Chopper Crashes (Photos, Video) / Motorcycle Crushes 300L LAUTECH Student To Death (photos) / Denilson Bamidele, NANS President, Had An Accident While On A Condolence Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.