Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,974 members, 7,825,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

A Well Known Priest Just Asked Pope Francis The One Question On Everyone's Mind. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Well Known Priest Just Asked Pope Francis The One Question On Everyone's Mind. (1620 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Speaks About 2019 Elections; Bishop Asked Him Who Will Win / Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Pope Francis Prays For Release Of 6 Kidnapped Nigerian Sisters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Well Known Priest Just Asked Pope Francis The One Question On Everyone's Mind. by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:35pm On Sep 25, 2015
A Well-Known Cuban-American Priest Just Asked Pope Francis The One Question On Everyone's Mind

"Why do you and other religion leaders..."

Jack Davis September 23, 2015 at 11:19am

Papal condemnations of capitalism that also give godless communism a free pass from criticism are a sin, a prominent Cuban-American religious leader said this week.

"Why do you and other religion leaders condemn capitalism so strongly, and offer us a list of all the disasters that result from it on earth, but we never see an equally strong condemnation of atheist communism, which continues to cause the world so much harm?" Rev. Alberto Cutié, a former Catholic priest who is now an Episcopal priest, wrote in a column in the Miami Herald.

"Is it really more important to have diplomatic relations with a country that has not had free elections in 50 years, that abuses its people, that has a well-documented history of oppressing and robbing the Church–than to seek justice, the common good and freedom for all Cubans?" he asked Pope Francis, who met recently with Raul Castro and other Cuban leaders.

"I don’t understand–and don't think I will ever begin to understand–why a man of God can meet with oppressors, but not the oppressed," Rev. Cutie concluded.

Cutié echoed concerns expressed by members of the Ladies in White dissident group, made up of mostly Catholic female relatives of Cuba’s jailed political prisoners.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/a-well-known-cuban-american-priest-just-asked-pope-francis-the-one-question-on-everyones-mind/

1 Like

Re: A Well Known Priest Just Asked Pope Francis The One Question On Everyone's Mind. by mekzyjoe(m): 8:39pm On Sep 25, 2015
[quote author=OLAADEGBU post=38373082][/quote]
mmmmmmmm..interestin undecided
Re: A Well Known Priest Just Asked Pope Francis The One Question On Everyone's Mind. by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:55pm On Sep 25, 2015
mekzyjoe:

mmmmmmmm..interestin undecided

It's interesting indeed. Check out the thread below and see the Vatican's romance with communism over the years.

https://www.nairaland.com/2342759/testimony-former-jesuit-priest/3

1 Like

Re: A Well Known Priest Just Asked Pope Francis The One Question On Everyone's Mind. by skillatch(m): 12:39am On Sep 26, 2015
Sorry to say this but i tink you r sick, u so obsessed with anything catholic. I feel u r educated but just act otherwise. You will be more useful if you spend you time teaching the children around you on how to be better individuals, to love and respect people even with there diff believe....... I am a catholic n am proud and you are not and i hv no problem with it. What matters is if u are a gud person or bad person....... So please go get a life and probably get someone to love you cos u need lots of it

1 Like

Re: A Well Known Priest Just Asked Pope Francis The One Question On Everyone's Mind. by Pavore9: 12:51am On Sep 26, 2015
To my co-pilgrim OLAADEGBU, l know anything Catholic gives you the spasm and it is well documented on Nairaland. Pope Francis played a key role in finalizing a deal to open relations between the United States and Cuba for the first time in 53 years, the thawing of the frosty relationship opens up the path for justice for the oppressed.

l believe this quotation would guide your reflection as we all journey through life towards eternity.

Matthew 9:11-13

11 When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?”

12 On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13 But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

3 Likes

Re: A Well Known Priest Just Asked Pope Francis The One Question On Everyone's Mind. by esere826: 2:50am On Sep 26, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

uhmmmmm
point 1 -some people like to label everything as sin sha
point 2 -Writings about the initial church seems to suggest that it had a communist-like underpinning -i.e properties were sold and brought to the feet of the apostles for distribution. Maybe that's were the claimed persistent affinity to communism comes from

point 3 -For everything, there is a season. There is a season to meet with the oppressed, and another to meet with the oppressors. Remember that the early church was relieved from its burden of persecution only when rulers began to interact with church heads and and then they started buying into the gospel.

point 4 -I think it is an american thing to associate communism with aethism, while associating capitalism with godliness. Interestingly, capitalism is fuelled by greed, and many times has atheists at the top of its pyramid, with those at its bottom neccesarily being religious because they have no other place to turn to. In contrast, communism seems to be fueled by people who would rather take their destinies in their hand rather than wait for the invisible hand of God to make things right. People under such systems are looked after by the state, and so naturally tend to have less need to be reliant on God
Re: A Well Known Priest Just Asked Pope Francis The One Question On Everyone's Mind. by bxcode(m): 4:56am On Sep 26, 2015
For they have eyes but cannot see, they have ears but can't hear. Until man starts seeking God in spirit and in truth, religion and doctrines with continue to blindfold us.
In the past the world goes to the church to seek for advise and solution but nowadays the church goes to the world to get inspired.
Jesus dined with the tax collectors to show them the truth and not approve their ways.
If you still stand for truth, you will know that Obama didn't invite pope to seek his opinion on certain things, Obama invited pope to the US to get his approval and backing on his devilish and evil propositions.
Him who has ear let him hear.
Re: A Well Known Priest Just Asked Pope Francis The One Question On Everyone's Mind. by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:50pm On Sep 28, 2015
Jesus is calling, receive Him today.

1 Share

Re: A Well Known Priest Just Asked Pope Francis The One Question On Everyone's Mind. by Kamxin(m): 5:34pm On Nov 02, 2015
bxcode:
Obama didn't invite pope to seek his opinion on certain things, Obama invited pope to the US to get his approval and backing on his devilish and evil propositions.
Him who has ear let him hear.

Point of correction, Joe Biden, American v.president and also a Catholic invited the pope an not Obama as you claimed.
Re: A Well Known Priest Just Asked Pope Francis The One Question On Everyone's Mind. by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:25pm On Nov 11, 2015
Pavore9:

To my co-pilgrim OLAADEGBU, l know anything Catholic gives you the spasm and it is well documented on Nairaland. Pope Francis played a key role in finalizing a deal to open relations between the United States and Cuba for the first time in 53 years, the thawing of the frosty relationship opens up the path for justice for the oppressed.

l believe this quotation would guide your reflection as we all journey through life towards eternity.

Matthew 9:11-13

11 When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?”

12 On hearing this, Jesus said, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. 13 But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

How about this scripture:

"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because He has anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised" (Luke 4:18).

Before you go on to compare the pope with our Lord Jesus Christ did the Pope ever preach the gospel or heal the sick to the poor and oppressed? undecided
Re: A Well Known Priest Just Asked Pope Francis The One Question On Everyone's Mind. by Pavore9: 6:06pm On Nov 11, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

How about this scripture:

"The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because He has anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised" (Luke 4:18).

Before you go on to compare the pope with our Lord Jesus Christ did the Pope ever preach the gospel or heal the sick to the poor and oppressed? undecided

I will never compare any human with Christ neither will l further burn any more energy or time on this thread as l have a beautiful life to live outside it! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: A Well Known Priest Just Asked Pope Francis The One Question On Everyone's Mind. by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:10pm On Nov 11, 2015
Pavore9:

I will never compare any human with Christ neither will l further burn any more energy or time on this thread as l have a beautiful life to live outside it! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Have you forgotten that the "Pope is the representative of Christ"? Roman Catholics believe that he represents Christ here on earth. undecided

(1) (Reply)

World’s Largest Church Inaugurated In Lagos / Deliverance From Spirit Spouses / Bible Scholars Solve This Riddle For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.