Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:37 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2605589 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tobiojo2002: 3:09pm On Jul 11, 2016
bolaji92:

Hello boss @jer29v11 pls i will appreciate if you can help me with ielts exam preparatory materials,ebooks and others.

Thanks in anticipation for your help

Regards

@Bolaji..Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee request for EOR on this result...i can bet 100k that the score will be reviewed upwards if you do this.... wrote IELTS 4 times with writing being consistently 6.5 i took the chance requested for a remark and got both writing and speaking reviewed upwards.. so try it's just 15k...you may never get scores like these ever again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 3:38pm On Jul 11, 2016
Hello Seniors,
My profile on the express entry expired today, Kindly explain in details how i will go about creating a new profile and the job bank aspect which makes it quite complex. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sonet: 4:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
Greetings to every one. I wish to know the new rules in MPNP. I submitted my application in 2013, but i was not nominated due to the fact that my supporter has sign for so many pple. Now i wish to reapply . What should be my first step? My test of English has expired. What should be minimum score? Do i still need statement of account. What should be my balance for me,my wife and 2 kids?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:07pm On Jul 11, 2016
sonet:
Greetings to every one. I wish to know the new rules in MPNP. I submitted my application in 2013, but i was not nominated due to the fact that my supporter has sign for so many pple. Now i wish to reapply . What should be my first step? My test of English has expired. What should be minimum score? Do i still need statement of account. What should be my balance for me,my wife and 2 kids?

You need to first rewrite the IELTS and aim at CLB 9.

I strongly recommend that you go through Page 0 of this thread to familiarize yourself with Express Entry system which was not in place when you applied back then. You will get all the information you require on that page. However, you can still come back for answers to specific questions.

Is your supporter ready to support you now? Visit http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/ for current information on MPNP.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sonet: 10:11pm On Jul 11, 2016
Thank you very much i really appreciate you. My supporter is ready infact he's my couse this time. Do i have to run the account as usual?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 10:40pm On Jul 11, 2016
New IELTS result out Listening 8.5 , Speaking 7.5 , Writing 7 and speaking 7.5 ,
my crs score is currently on 475...
however due to fear if the unknown I was under pressure to book to ielts just in case I didn't pass at the second attempt..the result is my 2nd.attempt.
So am also booked for the exam on July 16 , but I missed my speaking test today ..thou i can do without the exam.
I want to know if the speaking test can be re-scheduled.

Wont mind trying the exam again without pressure...at least for my 52K

Will appreciate suggestions.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 11:27pm On Jul 11, 2016
Fusion23:
New IELTS result out Listening 8.5 , Speaking 7.5 , Writing 7 and speaking 7.5 ,
my crs score is currently on 475...
however due to fear if the unknown I was under pressure to book to ielts just in case I didn't pass at the second attempt..the result is my 2nd.attempt.
So am also booked for the exam on July 16 , but I missed my speaking test today ..thou i can do without the exam.
I want to know if the speaking test can be re-scheduled.

Wont mind trying the exam again without pressure...at least for my 52K

Will appreciate suggestions.

I dey envy u o, me wey dey find 0.5. Unfortunately the Speaking test cannot be rescheduled. My advice, sit ur ass at home. U can't get a refund and since u already missed speaking and u have d results u want already, why bother. Get ur application rolling bro..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by justicia: 4:38am On Jul 12, 2016
@iphie25 nd all. Pls is it compulsory to use the IQAS transcript request form when applying to my University for transcript? thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by LaserFocus: 8:03am On Jul 12, 2016
tobiojo2002:

@Bolaji..Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee request for EOR on this result...i can bet 100k that the score will be reviewed upwards if you do this.... wrote IELTS 4 times with writing being consistently 6.5 i took the chance requested for a remark and got both writing and speaking reviewed upwards.. so try it's just 15k...you may never get scores like these ever again.

Dear Tobiojo2002, is it too late to request a remark of an ielts exam written in January this year with results received in March? The certificate bears a date in February though.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by revlane: 9:56am On Jul 12, 2016
Hello,
Please i want to request a remark on my IELTS writing of 6.5 and i was told I have to apply with the original test result form. Please how long does it take to get the paper result. I wrote the exam in Ibadan June 25 and i reside in Abeokuta.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 10:09am On Jul 12, 2016
revlane:
Hello,
Please i want to request a remark on my IELTS writing of 6.5 and i was told I have to apply with the original test result form. Please how long does it take to get the paper result. I wrote the exam in Ibadan June 25 and i reside in Abeokuta.
You'll get it before Friday. Mine came the Wednesday after the release of result online.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by revlane: 10:33am On Jul 12, 2016
Adiahabasi:
You'll get it before Friday. Mine came the Wednesday after the release of result online.

Thanks alot. That would be the best timing ever.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by neny2k2: 11:56am On Jul 12, 2016
Thank you all for the great job you do. pls is the June 25th 2016 IELTS result out?
How do I check it online?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Torishe(f): 12:15pm On Jul 12, 2016
Hi All,

Will IQAS accept a sealed transcript addressed to another Institution or will it be returned?

Thanks for your prompt response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 12:21pm On Jul 12, 2016
neny2k2:
Thank you all for the great job you do. pls is the June 25th 2016 IELTS result out?
How do I check it online?
Yes it is out. https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/checkresults.aspx
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Marvelz(m): 4:36pm On Jul 12, 2016
Hello house!
Please I need our advice.
I am preparing for MPNP and I want to find out about the format for sending the reference letter from my previous and current employers.
1. Can I address the letter "TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN"? OR Must I address it to the MPNP?
2. Can anyone assist with a draft reference letter to guide me in preparing one.

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Marvelz(m): 4:36pm On Jul 12, 2016
Hello house!
Please I need your advice.
I am preparing for MPNP and I want to find out about the format for sending the reference letter from my previous and current employers.
1. Can I address the letter "TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN"? OR Must I address it to the MPNP?
2. Can anyone assist with a draft reference letter to guide me in preparing one.

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by shops123: 5:24pm On Jul 12, 2016
Hello Everyone,

I stumbled on this forum/thread and I am quite delighted about the information I have been able to gather. I am a Lawyer with 5 years experience at a commercial practice in Lagos and I am interested in relocating to Canada via the Express Entry route to further my education and to also gain world-class experience. I have perused the CIC website and I have a few questions which I hope experienced members of the house can elucidate upon;

1. Is my Nigerian Law School qualification considered a professional qualification in order to earn points in the level of education section?;
2. If question 1 above is in the affirmative, do I have to submit my Nigerian Law School certificate for a Educational Credential Assessment?;
3. Which assessment provider is more efficient for law degrees, IQAS or WES?;
4. What is the success rate for Lawyers migrating?; and lastly
5, What opportunities are available for lawyers migrating?

Thank you very much for the anticipated responses and I look forward to engaging and learning from members of the house during this journey. Cheers!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by shops123: 8:16pm On Jul 12, 2016
last question please, is a Nigerian Law School degree ranked in the CRS system as a "Professional Degree" or a Bachelor's Degree ?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 8:25pm On Jul 12, 2016
shops123:
last question please, is a Nigerian Law School degree ranked in the CRS system as a "Professional Degree" or a Bachelor's Degree ?

Thank you.
IQAS rates it as a professional degree while WES rates it as a bachelor's.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 10:47pm On Jul 12, 2016
Garykasparov:
Hello Seniors,
My profile on the express entry expired today, Kindly explain in details how i will go about creating a new profile and the job bank aspect which makes it quite complex. Thanks

I am no senior but will have a go...
Create a new EE profile.
Then log on your existing job bank account. And at the account section, you will find update EE details.
enter your new EE code and new job bank code.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by justicia: 3:04am On Jul 13, 2016
shops123:

Thank you.
Hi. you can email me if you don't mind. I am a lawyer too. Doing my LLM and NCAs here in Osgoode, Toronto. I can guide you. Safe!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 7:09am On Jul 13, 2016
shops123:
Hello Everyone,

I stumbled on this forum/thread and I am quite delighted about the information I have been able to gather. I am a Lawyer with 5 years experience at a commercial practice in Lagos and I am interested in relocating to Canada via the Express Entry route to further my education and to also gain world-class experience. I have perused the CIC website and I have a few questions which I hope experienced members of the house can elucidate upon;

1. Is my Nigerian Law School qualification considered a professional qualification in order to earn points in the level of education section?;
2. If question 1 above is in the affirmative, do I have to submit my Nigerian Law School certificate for a Educational Credential Assessment?;
3. Which assessment provider is more efficient for law degrees, IQAS or WES?;
4. What is the success rate for Lawyers migrating?; and lastly
5, What opportunities are available for lawyers migrating?

Thank you very much for the anticipated responses and I look forward to engaging and learning from members of the house during this journey. Cheers!

Don't bother about sending ur law school degree. Pls send only ur LLB to IQAS, that's what I did. Save ur B.L for NCA registration/assessment. For Q. 4 & 5 Justicia will do justice to them grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 8:39am On Jul 13, 2016
beyunce:

I am no senior but will have a go...
Create a new EE profile.
Then log on your existing job bank account. And at the account section, you will find update EE details.
enter your new EE code and new job bank code.

Many thanks beyunce
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by LiteKing(m): 10:36am On Jul 13, 2016
zandora:
Hello all,

I've created this thread for Canadian Express Entry and outstanding FSW 2014 applicants since the previous thread became too long and has now been closed. I've also pasted a PDF link below which details the step by step instructions to apply for the Federal Skilled Workers Program via Express Entry.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4gWGgP8Vy5lSjFoaC01ZUtOaTg/view

In order to apply for Express Entry via FSW you need to first have a minimum of 1 year full time (30 hrs a week) or 2 years part time (15 hrs a week) skilled work experience which falls under NOC code A,B or O. Check for your NOC code below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

Next take your IELTS General test.

Then evaluate your degree or credentials via WES Canada (the best option). See link below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

After doing the above, to find out if you've qualified you need to score a minimum of 67 points out of 100 in the FSW grid. Calculate your score below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Now that you've qualified, you can go ahead and complete your Express Entry profile via the link below:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp

Other things you must have:

Reference letters to verify the work experience you're claiming points for in the specified format below:

Written on company letterhead.

Signed by the responsible officers/supervisor.

Have the printed name and job title of the responsible officer/supervisor beneath the signature.

Show the company’s full address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and website addresses

Stamped with the company’s official seal (if applicable)

The letter must include 5 things:

Your job title.

The dates of your employment (ideal format: DD/MM/YYYYY).

Your salary per year (or month).

Your average hours per week.

A detailed list of your employment duties.

Next you need to provide police certificates from all the countries you've resided in for 6 months and above since you were 18 years. See link on how to obtain PC from various countries below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/infORmation/security/police-cert/index.asp

Then you need to provide proof of funds for you and/or your family:

Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $12,164
2 $15,143
3 $18,617
4 $22,603
5 $25,636
6 $28,913
7 or more $32,191 (I've updated the funds requirement)

Note: Birth certificates are no longer required for applicants but are only now required for your child/children.

Wishing you the best of luck smiley!

Previous thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1279130/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-program-timelines

greetings. Pls i am a professional pipe welder and i will to move to Canada, can u guide me on how i can achieve this? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Thetherapist: 11:12am On Jul 13, 2016
Good day house. Please is there any medical laboratory scientist in here already in the express entry pool or any Nigeria trained medical laboratory scientist already practicing in canada. Kindly quote me or send me a PM. I have some issues to clarify from you.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by twaintoy(f): 11:51am On Jul 13, 2016
LiteKing:

greetings. Pls i am a professional pipe welder and i will to move to Canada, can u guide me on how i can achieve this? Thanks.
You just quoted the guide. Go through it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Loka0512: 12:15pm On Jul 13, 2016
Hello good people,

Pls can someone tell me how long it takes for IQAS to verify results? I was sent a mail of receipt of all my documents on the 27th of June. Till date, I am yet to hear from them and no email address on their website to contact them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bigfido: 1:08pm On Jul 13, 2016
Hello guys,

Is anyone going for the New Brunswick information session in Dubai or Abu Dhabi?

I will be attending

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.