Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:23 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599187 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yungmin: 5:32pm On Jan 25, 2017
My regards to everyone who have been contributing selflessly on this tread. Pls I have a short question . I just saw my ielts score (7,7,7,7.5 overall-7). I already completed ECA with ICAS. My only problem now is the POF. I'm currently building up the fund but then, is it advisable for me to fill the EE form now? What if I'm lucky and my POF not ready, what happens?

Your kind responds would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all, you guys are wonderful.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by specrealq: 5:39pm On Jan 25, 2017
Todays draw 453
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 5:45pm On Jan 25, 2017
specrealq:
Todays draw 453

453? That's exactly my score. I hope I get an invitation.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by flgd: 5:58pm On Jan 25, 2017
Hello house,

Is there a chance of the ita cut-off mark coming down to 430 anytime soon?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by raymege: 6:01pm On Jan 25, 2017
alt3r3g0:

Correct. for the pool you only need ECA and language test.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 25, 2017
Blackbuddy:

The article you quoted from (http://usanews-tv.com/canada-announce-visa-lottery-program-for-cameroon-breaking-news/) is not on a credible website to begin with. It has a link directing people to click to register, most likely, a way for fraudsters to get people's personal details. I didn't click it to find out.

I actually effected a Google search to see the credibility of the visa lottery news but the only hit for that was the article in the CIC news article I provided about the parents supervisa.

You're free to access the link in the article you provided but be careful if you first don't see anything about the 'lottery' in CIC's website, cheers.
Now u are talking...I said I doubted it myself. No worries!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AdukeStar: 7:48pm On Jan 25, 2017
[color=#990000][/color]

Hello Everyone!!!
Thank you for creating this thread.. I started reading last year and I finally applied two weeks ago. My crs is 473 so I am waiting to receive the ITA email as today's draw is 453. I have a few questions regarding POF, please help smiley
1) My husband received a very large sum of money in November that might raise suspicion. Should we use only my account to show POF?
2) Must we have the POF minimum balance for 6 months before submitting it or can it show a progressive growth each month? We didn't have the required funds as at 4 months ago but we have it now.
I hope both questions are clear. Please help!!

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by specrealq: 8:22pm On Jan 25, 2017
I went to do my police clearance today and they said is valid for just 3 month so should i wait about the time i plan to submit to do it just like my medicals?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 25, 2017
temitope06:

453? That's exactly my score. I hope I get an invitation.

You will get an ITA within 24 hours. Congrats
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yinyinola: 8:43pm On Jan 25, 2017
wow......i got ITA....thanks for the help and support this far every1....

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Amakyzuu: 9:13pm On Jan 25, 2017
i must commend all the contributors on the group. i would like to begin my journey soon (say February when i write my IELTS)... LAUTECH has been on strike so i cant do my WES evaluation for now and thats what has been slowing me down. i also hope to finish my M.Sc in March or April so my points can boost up. so here comes my question.

1. if i were to be married at the time of application, that would mean my spouse will be the dependent. Now he doesn't have a degree at all but has more than 7years experience in the navy, would that bring my score down? (his score is quite low 200 and something from the ranking template)
2. if i were to be single at the time of application and eventually i am lucky to relocate. how long would it take me to file for him to join me as a husband and citizen? is that even possible for candidates of EE.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 10:25pm On Jan 25, 2017
1. It is advisable to change marital status (get married) AFTER submitting your PR application then include your spouse in the application afterwards. No degree/no certificate of trade will put your scores down.

2. It is possible to bring a spouse here but the processing time is longer. The type of application is called Family Sponsorship.

Amakyzuu:
i must commend all the contributors on the group. i would like to begin my journey soon (say February when i write my IELTS)... LAUTECH has been on strike so i cant do my WES evaluation for now and thats what has been slowing me down. i also hope to finish my M.Sc in March or April so my points can boost up. so here comes my question.

1. if i were to be married at the time of application, that would mean my spouse will be the dependent. Now he doesn't have a degree at all but has more than 7years experience in the navy, would that bring my score down? (his score is quite low 200 and something from the ranking template)
2. if i were to be single at the time of application and eventually i am lucky to relocate. how long would it take me to file for him to join me as a husband and citizen? is that even possible for candidates of EE.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 12:20am On Jan 26, 2017
Oops I didn't get ITA even at score of 469 because the job bank activation had not been working for me. I ignorantly left it thinking CIC would consider it as technical error and so thought I was in the pool....lol

I ve now been able to resolve it today and now just officially in the pool as I ve received the right pdf which states so.

Will there likely be a draw next Wednesday?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 1:18am On Jan 26, 2017
esosa4real:
Please has anyone experienced this?

I got an email today that I my account has been updated. When I logged in, I did not see the profile I submitted yesterday but instead saw anoda profile wch didn't show yesterday and said incomplete......

I am sitting at a crs of 469 and submitted yesterday and got the pdf asking for job bank reg.
In the portal yesterday, cre requirement was met.

I tried signing up for job bank but got stuck because they didn't send any validation email, had to leave it

I know ITA don't come early in the day but why these error/mishap? Could it be because I couldn't sign up to job bank yesterday?

Should I wait? Or simply ignore and fill a new EE profile?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by blaizetony: 2:29am On Jan 26, 2017
Got my ITA with crs score: 481 after missing 3 previous draws due to no ECA. Created my express entry profile only yesterday (24th), so i literally spent less than 24hrs in the pool.Thank God!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iceberg54: 3:05am On Jan 26, 2017
After almost a year in the pool, also got an ITA cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nievel: 3:31am On Jan 26, 2017
Congrats to all who just got ITA. So happy for you all.
Gurus in the house please I have some questions ild need your expert opinions.

1. I plan to add my nysc as part of my work experience but there is about 6 months break between my nysc and the next job I got. Now cic states the job must be continous full time or part time. Does continous mean it must be full one year in a particular job or if ure claiming 2 years it must be continuous two years straight without break in between like the 6 months in my case.
Cuz I am claiming 2 years experience but there is 6 months gap between nysc and the other job.

2. I have a bank account in US were I've been saving dollars each time I travel. Though the balance is nothing near what I need for POF I'm wondering if I can use this account if my family in the US help me me with gift deed. Since i don't work in US will this be acceptable??

3. Pls what's the cheapest and reliable courier to send documents to IQAS Canada.

Thank you all, expecting your expert advice and suggestions.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 6:01am On Jan 26, 2017
iceberg54:
After almost a year in the pool, also got an ITA cheesy cheesy

Double congratulations wink cheesy

Hope you won't have to create a thread on which one to go for grin

Congratulations too @blaizetony

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:33am On Jan 26, 2017
Hello everyone and congrats to all those who just received ITA... more to come!

Sorry I have been intransit hence my silence. Still in the process of getting my eAPR filled. Medicals and POF left to upload.

All the best guys...

Vcole... dem never ask you for your passport?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:37am On Jan 26, 2017
@Amakyzuu...

I kinda disagree with your advice. In my case, I didn't get my ECA done hence got not points for education, but wrote the ielts and got the maximum 20 points required.

I would advice he writes the ielts exams and aim for a high score.

Why not just try using the crs tool to calculate the possible score adding him as your husband.

All the best!

Gymme:
1. It is advisable to change marital status (get married) AFTER submitting your PR application then include your spouse in the application afterwards. No degree/no certificate of trade will put your scores down.

2. It is possible to bring a spouse here but the processing time is longer. The type of application is called Family Sponsorship.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:40am On Jan 26, 2017
Not sure when you pof would be ready, but just in case, you have 3 months post ITA to submit your application.

Will this suffice for putting your pof together? If so, you can get in the pool now...

All the best!

yungmin:
My regards to everyone who have been contributing selflessly on this tread. Pls I have a short question . I just saw my ielts score (7,7,7,7.5 overall-7). I already completed ECA with ICAS. My only problem now is the POF. I'm currently building up the fund but then, is it advisable for me to fill the EE form now? What if I'm lucky and my POF not ready, what happens?

Your kind responds would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all, you guys are wonderful.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugo262(m): 9:24am On Jan 26, 2017
blaizetony:
Got my ITA with crs score: 481 after missing 3 previous draws due to no ECA. Created my express entry profile only yesterday (24th), so i literally spent less than 24hrs in the pool.Thank God!

Congrats @blaizetony we hope to join soon *fingers crossed*

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AdukeStar: 9:33am On Jan 26, 2017
Hello Everyone!!!
Thank you for creating this thread.. I started reading last year and I finally applied two weeks ago. My crs is 473 so I am waiting to receive the ITA email as today's draw is 453. I have a few questions regarding POF, please help smiley
1) My husband received a very large sum of money in November that might raise suspicion. Should we use only my account to show POF?
2) Must we have the POF minimum balance for 6 months before submitting it or can it show a progressive growth each month? We didn't have the required funds as at 4 months ago but we have it now.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:53am On Jan 26, 2017
Awww, congrats to you, temitope 06, AdukeStar, yinyinola, iceberg54, blaizetony and all other ghost members that have received ITA grin!!!!

More good news on the way especially for those who are awaiting PPR and those who are still expecting ITA in Jesus' name. Amen

Beem4cupid:
Congrats to all ITA recipients. Draw@453 with 3508 invites. Yippie,I will be receiving ITA. Dupyshoo,thanks for your patience with me. Thanks to all the other gurus in the house

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:54am On Jan 26, 2017
Nothing stopping you from creating a profile. If you receive ITA and you are not ready, you can always decline it na.
yungmin:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:56am On Jan 26, 2017
No one knows. What we know is that score has not gone below 450 for over 2 years since Express Entry started. However, the way the number of people invited per draw has increased, the cut-off might go below 450. That is if and only they don't do like last year when they suddenly cut the number of invitees to below 1000.
flgd:
Hello house,

Is there a chance of the ita cut-off mark coming down to 430 anytime soon?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:58am On Jan 26, 2017
Don't mind those police. Just wait until few days before your submission date.
specrealq:
I went to do my police clearance today and they said is valid for just 3 month so should i wait about the time i plan to submit to do it just like my medicals?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:05am On Jan 26, 2017
Are you married already? If yes, then you HAVE to indicate that you are married in your application. Since he does not have a degree, he can just do IELTS to get back 20 points out of the 30 points allocated to him from your CRS score.

However, if you are not married yet, you can submit your application as single applicant. You can add him to your application from the time you submitted your application till just before landing. If you do go this route, he won't have any effect on your score but you will need to increase your POF to a family of 2. He will also need to fill an application, do PCC and Medicals.

The final scenario is if you marry him after landing in Canada, then you will have to sponsor him. The processing time for family sponsorship was just recently been reduced to 12 months.

Amakyzuu:

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:10am On Jan 26, 2017
Who is the Principal Applicant?
If you are, then you don't need to show your husband's account at all.
POF can be progressive. There is no law that states the full amount has to be in your account for 6 months. Progressive growth is totally legit.

AdukeStar:
Hello Everyone!!!

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by segbas(m): 10:13am On Jan 26, 2017
Hello Gurus in d house,
Someone mentioned here sometime ago about WES and OOU certificate that one dont need to send transcript to WES.

Am I correct, I want to be sure because I'm about to tell a friend.

Please resposnd.

Thank you all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iceberg54: 10:54am On Jan 26, 2017
dupyshoo:
Are you married already? If yes, then you HAVE to indicate that you are married in your application. Since he does not have a degree, he can just do IELTS to get back 20 points out of the 30 points allocated to him from your CRS score.

However, if you are not married yet, you can submit your application as single applicant. You can add him to your application from the time you submitted your application till just before landing. If you do go this route, he won't have any effect on your score but you will need to increase your POF to a family of 2. He will also need to fill an application, do PCC and Medicals.

The final scenario is if you marry him after landing in Canada, then you will have to sponsor him. The processing time for family sponsorship was just recently been reduced to 12 months.

You mean spouse can be added to application even after application is concluded and grant received?

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: Detumi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.