Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,198 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599069 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 11:04am On Feb 08, 2017
SlowelybtSurely... See vcole o. Let's do and submit and get PPR quickly o.

So happy for you vcole.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 11:09am On Feb 08, 2017
boldinc:
SlowelybtSurely... See vcole o. Let's do and submit and get PPR quickly o.

So happy for you vcole.

Mehn, we gats submit. Make we stop to dey rub the eAPR pancake. E don fine reach. grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 11:10am On Feb 08, 2017
I think she submitted 3 months ago (around November 6-7)
boldinc:
Wow!!! Excellent. When did you submit your application again? Not up to 2 months i believe.

This is great news! Congrats dear.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 11:11am On Feb 08, 2017
Lmao... What's holding you back tho? Mine is POF...

SlowlybtSurely:

Mehn, we gats submit. Make we stop to dey rub the eAPR pancake. E don fine reach. grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 11:11am On Feb 08, 2017
Lol!!!

You berra go and submit now and pray your file is transferred to London VO cos it seems to be the fastest VO now.

SlowlybtSurely:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 11:13am On Feb 08, 2017
Congrats
vcole:
My people!!!!! PPR!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 11:18am On Feb 08, 2017
A quick one. My spouse FBI PCC is pending. Should I submit with evidence of him applying or 'jejely' wait for the certificate. That's the only document outstanding ooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by elothaddi(m): 11:24am On Feb 08, 2017
Congrats Vcole.

vcole:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 11:25am On Feb 08, 2017
Don't submit if you still have a lot of time before the expiration of your ITA!!! You will need to wait until a week before the 90 days is over else your application might be rejected.

If you are still yet to get it then, you can go ahead to submit the evidence that you have applied for the PCC.

Beem4cupid:
A quick one. My spouse FBI PCC is pending. Should I submit with evidence of him applying or 'jejely' wait for the certificate. That's the only document outstanding ooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 11:26am On Feb 08, 2017
You got mail vcole...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 11:29am On Feb 08, 2017
boldinc:
Lmao... What's holding you back tho? Mine is POF...

Same POF wahala ooo. I for don get PPR now. tongue
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 11:31am On Feb 08, 2017
dupyshoo:
Lol!!!

You berra go and submit now and pray your file is transferred to London VO cos it seems to be the fastest VO now.

Yes ooo. London VO it is!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 11:41am On Feb 08, 2017
helllllllooooooooo everyone good morning. my phone doesnt allow me post on NL so i have to open up my laptop to type this long APPRECIATION MESSAGE .
when i see people on this thread(esp active advice givers) get good news , the way i squeal for joy, my family members and friend are usually baffled and wonder " they dont even know you. you know what i say : i know them, i imagine they are good, smart and intelligent people. they take their time and help those of us who are new to this business to navigate out way and never make feel or sound dumb. they give answers with clarity and the kindness in the message gives me a feel good moment .
i saw @vcole got some good news . congratulations
i see @dupyshoo put someone in his place , ride on girl.
i just started my journey (ielts) yesterday and i cant wait to official be a member of this elite good news making thread
to all the HATERS , if you dont have nice things to say, perhaps this thread is not for you. seek attention some where else

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by russellx: 11:42am On Feb 08, 2017
emiye:
A statement of result will suffice for ECA if it is available , My certificate was also not processed, no thanks to an error from my postgraduate school, so i had to wait for the next convocation batch. In fact, i collected my postgraduate certificate last month. I hope to submit my ITA application today.

Hello Emiye,

Are you saying a statement of result (letter of attestation) from the university will be accepted for ECA in lieu of the certificate itself if it is not ready?

Please clarify this for me.

Russ
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 11:45am On Feb 08, 2017
You are always a darlyn. Cyber hugs and kisses
dupyshoo:
Don't submit if you still have a lot of time before the expiration of your ITA!!! You will need to wait until a week before the 90 days is over else your application might be rejected.

If you are still yet to get it then, you can go ahead to submit the evidence that you have applied for the PCC.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 11:47am On Feb 08, 2017
I laugh in spanish. But really,these good news sends positive vibes. Congrats tonus too in advance.
SlowlybtSurely:

Same POF wahala ooo. I for don get PPR now. tongue
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 11:50am On Feb 08, 2017
vcole:

JISOX IS LORD!!

WOW, so fast ooooooooh, Wow i am so so so so so happy for you! mehn, does this mean this Accra office is Fast?
Abeg wey your timeline again, you know sey na you i dey follow for back...lol

From MCC, to ITA to AOR.....now PPR, very fast mehn, pls i will send you pm, want you to scrutinize my Reference letters.

Congrats dear! grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 12:03pm On Feb 08, 2017
optionese:
helllllllooooooooo everyone good morning. my phone doesnt allow me post on NL so i have to open up my laptop to type this long APPRECIATION MESSAGE .
when i see people on this thread(esp active advice givers) get good news , the way i squeal for joy, my family members and friend are usually baffled and wonder " they dont even know you. you know what i say : i know them, i imagine they are good, smart and intelligent people. they take their time and help those of us who are new to this business to navigate out way and never make feel or sound dumb. they give answers with clarity and the kindness in the message gives me a feel good moment .
i saw @vcole got some good news . congratulations
i just started my journey (ielts) yesterday and i cant wait to official be a member of this elite good news making thread
to all the HATERS , if you dont have nice things to say, perhaps this thread is not for you. seek attention some where else

I feel you mehn, the same way i felt when i started researching!
Trust me, all the info is here and there are wonderful Nigerians on this thread helping out. I have always believed in NL as a source of valuable information. All we need do is read through plenty posts and research and ask questions wisely.

I have a current US visa, (secured weeks ago) i have visited the uk, brazil, south africa, Nepal, KSA, Dubai and all of these countries visas, i got the info and process on their various threads on nairaland. (NO AGENTS)

So just be stedfast, patient and cautious, you will get to the end. As regards ur IELTS, prepare and practice very well (try printing the reading oractice questions) so you can simulate exact exam conditions instead of searching answers on computer. This method made me very good in reading and i scored a 9.

I guess you have done ECA, then ielts is all thats needed for you to enter the pool sharply, now that the pool is very favourable now.

Goodluck.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 12:25pm On Feb 08, 2017
No mind him/her.
Wish you all the best in your IELTS!!
optionese:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chinwe11: 12:31pm On Feb 08, 2017
hi all, i have two questions please

1. for transcript, does my school have to send it directly (they are saying they wil use nipost) which means it may never get there. or can i collect the sealed transcript and send myself?

2. for lawyers i have heard iqas is better. does my husband need to send them his law degree as well as call to bar? or only the law degree? thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 12:44pm On Feb 08, 2017
Nipost ke!!! Once it is sealed, I think you can DHL it yourself. Just ensure you don't put your name as the sender.

Yes o, IQAS is the way to go for Lawyers. I believe law degree alone should be fine (not entirely sure sha).
chinwe11:
hi all, i have two questions please

1. for transcript, does my school have to send it directly (they are saying they wil use nipost) which means it may never get there. or can i collect the sealed transcript and send myself?

2. for lawyers i have heard iqas is better. does my husband need to send them his law degree as well as call to bar? or only the law degree? thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 1:27pm On Feb 08, 2017
Thanks everyone. I truly appreciate your support, advise, recommendations and all through this journey and wish everyone a speedy app process.

I submitted my app on Nov 6, 2016. Details of my prep- eca, ielts, EE pool entry, ITA, etc etc can be found in my previous posts, you can click on my moniker and read old posts for more info.

Timeline:
FSW-EE, NOC 3112, CRS 482.
EE profile created: Oct 14th 2016
ITA: Oct 19th 2016
eAPR submitted: 6th Nov 2016
AOR: 7th Nov 2016
Medicals passed: 8th Nov 2016
BG NN>>IP : 30th Dec 2016
GCMS notes requested January 11th, issued on 21st January and received on February 2nd. Its 129 pages of lots of very confusing info and I had to google a lot and ask people who had gone through the process before to try to explain. The short summary is that it showed my app had moved from central office in ottawa to Accra on 8th Nov and from Accra to London VO in Dec, and as at 30th Dec, it showed eligibility: passed, criminality:passed, medicals:passed and final:approved and the last notes made by a VO same date was "appears RFV"
I was very worried as to why I had not received PPR when app was supposedly approved since Dec but was encouraged by "forerunners" lol! to just wait and expect ppr soon and they were spot on.

@esosa4real, i have been receiving your pms and i have been responding, maybe you should check your junk or spam? @boldinc, I also responded to yours.

I have also received a couple of pms from newbies to the thread, I didn't reply because I am more than happy to respond to all your questions on this thread as that way, it yields maximum benefit. You are able to get responses from several persons and it also benefits current and future readers. This thread would be dead if we all opted to pm when we just joined instead of discussing on the thread. So, kindly ask your questions on the thread.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ysmd: 1:37pm On Feb 08, 2017
dupyshoo:
Nipost ke!!! Once it is sealed, I think you can DHL it yourself. Just ensure you don't put your name as the sender.

Yes o, IQAS is the way to go for Lawyers. I believe law degree alone should be fine (not entirely sure sha).

For law degree use IQAS. Just the LL.B (first degree from university) is fine for now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by emiye(m): 1:46pm On Feb 08, 2017
russellx:

Hello Emiye,

Are you saying a statement of result (letter of attestation) from the university will be accepted for ECA in lieu of the certificate itself if it is not ready?

Please clarify this for me.

Russ
I used a Notification of result to apply with WES, since my certificate was not processed as at the time i applied for ECA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by emiye(m): 1:53pm On Feb 08, 2017
Congrats vcole , PPR fully loaded!!! wink

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 2:04pm On Feb 08, 2017
As regards POF, and all ITA recipients rubbing pancake on top pof cold feet, let me share my own experience.
I probably had the most complicated pof i've heard of thus far. Lol!

I submitted 5 bank accounts. This is because funds moved through these accounts within the 6 month period prior to my app submission and besides if you read the guideline for pof on the cic site, it actually asks you to submit ref letters from all your banks.

So, I have 3 savings accounts, 1 current account and 1 joint account.
Joint account was less than 6 months old as at time of app submission. However, joint account is where we had been saving pof money that was not yet complete, because we had expected a prolonged pool stay considering the trend of high crs draws as at then and had saved about 70% of required pof or so at the time. So, post ITA, hubby transferred some funds to the joint account to make up the required amount and then I transferred the entire pof to my current account. Prior to this time, I had savings going into our joint account from savings accounts 1 and 2 as well as my current account and then savings also going into the joint account from my hubby's personal account.

Savings accounts 1,2,3 had monies moving within them regularly. You know how you can use one bank to keep maybe school fees, another for regular spending, another for "do not touch" money, etc. lol! Also, I had large deposits made from my mum, uncle, friends, etc etc into savings account 3 (gtbank). You know how your folks need you to help purchase something or pay for a service or send to someone else for them and then they pay into your account.......I was in a dilemma as to what to do.
However, I didn't feel comfortable delaying my app submission till the 60 day mark just so those transactions would fall off my bank statement....So, I wrote a very detailed LOE, explaining ALL the movement of funds and ALL lump sum deposits into ALL of my bank accounts over the 6 month period preceding the submission of my app. I also had a LOE written by my husband confirming funds transfers and dates (we did not include his bank statement as the transfer details showed his name as depositor on my bank statements), I also went ahead to get a LOE from my uncle and all other persons who had made lump sum deposits into that my gtbank account and whose names showed up on my statement as depositors as well as obtained a gift deed from my mom for the lump sum deposits she made into same account.
Of note is that, all of the funds in that my gtbank account had already been used up in payment of whatever I needed to help them pay for long ago, that account is like my regular day to day expense account and as at receiving ITA and as at submission of eAPR, balance was maybe 100k or something ridiculous like that.

By the time I had compiled my loe and all the other loes plus gift deed into one document it was 10 pages. lwkmd!!!!
I felt a bit ridiculous at this point but went ahead and uploaded the 10 page loe under the slot provided for loe in the eAPR oh.

Turns out, app was successful and gcms notes didn't even hint at any pof issue. So, my advise is that as long as you can explain and show proof of any of your concerns as regards pof that do not prevent you from meeting the ircc criteria, you shoud be fine.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by russellx: 2:08pm On Feb 08, 2017
emiye:
I used a Notification of result to apply with WES, since my certificate was not processed as at the time i applied for ECA.

Many thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jodegua(f): 2:09pm On Feb 08, 2017
Please i need help which is better WES OR EXPRESS ENTRY for federal skilled worker
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jodegua(f): 2:21pm On Feb 08, 2017
please i need someone number to speak with concerning submission of documents to WES. just need a clarification

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ambidextrause: 2:26pm On Feb 08, 2017
Congratulations!

What was your highest educational qualification tendered?

vcole:
Thanks everyone. I truly appreciate your support, advise, recommendations and all through this journey and wish everyone a speedy app process.

I submitted my app on Nov 6, 2016. Details of my prep- eca, ielts, EE pool entry, ITA, etc etc can be found in my previous posts, you can click on my moniker and read old posts for more info.

Timeline:
FSW-EE, NOC 3112, CRS 482.
EE profile created: Oct 14th 2016
ITA: Oct 19th 2016
eAPR submitted: 6th Nov 2016
AOR: 7th Nov 2016
Medicals passed: 8th Nov 2016
BG NN>>IP : 30th Dec 2016
GCMS notes requested January 11th, issued on 21st January and received on February 2nd. Its 129 pages of lots of very confusing info and I had to google a lot and ask people who had gone through the process before to try to explain. The short summary is that it showed my app had moved from central office in ottawa to Accra on 8th Nov and from Accra to London VO in Dec, and as at 30th Dec, it showed eligibility: passed, criminality:passed, medicals:passed and final:approved and the last notes made by a VO same date was "appears RFV"
I was very worried as to why I had not received PPR when app was supposedly approved since Dec but was encouraged by "forerunners" lol! to just wait and expect ppr soon and they were spot on.

@esosa4real, i have been receiving your pms and i have been responding, maybe you should check your junk or spam? @boldinc, I also responded to yours.

I have also received a couple of pms from newbies to the thread, I didn't reply because I am more than happy to respond to all your questions on this thread as that way, it yields maximum benefit. You are able to get responses from several persons and it also benefits current and future readers. This thread would be dead if we all opted to pm when we just joined instead of discussing on the thread. So, kindly ask your questions on the thread.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 2:29pm On Feb 08, 2017
You obviously don't understand the process. Take your time to read from page 0. Once you have gone through previous pages and have further questions, you will surely get someone to answer the questions.

jodegua:
Please i need help which is better WES OR EXPRESS ENTRY for federal skilled worker

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by flyhigh1881: 2:37pm On Feb 08, 2017
vcole:

Congratulations!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.