Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,691 members, 7,820,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2609281 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 2:42pm On Feb 08, 2017
jodegua:
Please i need help which is better WES OR EXPRESS ENTRY for federal skilled worker

WES is way better. With them, you get PPR within one week. grin

Believe me at your peril.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 2:55pm On Feb 08, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:

Bros/Madam, You will not make Heaven cheesy grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 2:57pm On Feb 08, 2017
esosa4real:

Some learners like me are reading. No cursing o. Lolz!

Vcole: congrats. Please answer the question on highest qualification and add years of experience too. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by richieadeolu: 3:00pm On Feb 08, 2017
I'm really very happy for you vcole, congratulations once again and all the best is you prepare to leave 9ja. Be sure we would join you soon and we will appreciate your continuous contribution and advice on this thread. CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS!!!!
vcole:
Thanks everyone. I truly appreciate your support, advise, recommendations and all through this journey and wish everyone a speedy app process.

I submitted my app on Nov 6, 2016. Details of my prep- eca, ielts, EE pool entry, ITA, etc etc can be found in my previous posts, you can click on my moniker and read old posts for more info.

Timeline:
FSW-EE, NOC 3112, CRS 482.
EE profile created: Oct 14th 2016
ITA: Oct 19th 2016
eAPR submitted: 6th Nov 2016
AOR: 7th Nov 2016
Medicals passed: 8th Nov 2016
BG NN>>IP : 30th Dec 2016
GCMS notes requested January 11th, issued on 21st January and received on February 2nd. Its 129 pages of lots of very confusing info and I had to google a lot and ask people who had gone through the process before to try to explain. The short summary is that it showed my app had moved from central office in ottawa to Accra on 8th Nov and from Accra to London VO in Dec, and as at 30th Dec, it showed eligibility: passed, criminality:passed, medicals:passed and final:approved and the last notes made by a VO same date was "appears RFV"
I was very worried as to why I had not received PPR when app was supposedly approved since Dec but was encouraged by "forerunners" lol! to just wait and expect ppr soon and they were spot on.

@esosa4real, i have been receiving your pms and i have been responding, maybe you should check your junk or spam? @boldinc, I also responded to yours.

I have also received a couple of pms from newbies to the thread, I didn't reply because I am more than happy to respond to all your questions on this thread as that way, it yields maximum benefit. You are able to get responses from several persons and it also benefits current and future readers. This thread would be dead if we all opted to pm when we just joined instead of discussing on the thread. So, kindly ask your questions on the thread.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 3:04pm On Feb 08, 2017
esosa4real:

grin wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dammysanmi(m): 3:15pm On Feb 08, 2017
@esosa4real this is a prayer from the gods o... grin grin grin @jodegua , read slowly BUT surely from page one of the thread, its not that hard smiley
esosa4real:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 3:19pm On Feb 08, 2017
@vcole, Congrats. Abeg where did u fill as the province u intend staying? I wan copy all ur answers verbatim make me sef get ppr in one week.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nievel: 3:19pm On Feb 08, 2017
Hello guys. Great job everyone is doing.
Pls who knows the days and time British council Lagos allows collection of ielts results. I have searched everywhere even called the number on the site no response. Pls help, thanx.

Also pls what is the procedure for asking for remark and how is payment made. All this info is not on their site. My January ielts score was crap. Had 7 overall need to remark.
Thank you all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 3:21pm On Feb 08, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:

Wicked! grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adrianbuwan: 4:19pm On Feb 08, 2017
Congrats Vcole.I am encouraged.
I have a couple of questions for the gurus in the house
1.Can I depend on a score of 433 to be considered in for express entry
2.Can I use a passport that has my maiden name which was issued after i got married?
3.How can I get into the job pool to be able to be eligible for the Provinical Nomination

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 4:44pm On Feb 08, 2017
New draw out!!! 447!!!

Congrats to those that made it, especially esosa4real.

The 450 cut off has been broken. I am sure a lot of people will rush to enter the pool now.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bissiejoe: 4:49pm On Feb 08, 2017
Please who has an idea of the noc code for a flour milling technician?
Thanks as I await responses
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 4:59pm On Feb 08, 2017
1. With the current draw of 447, never say never
2. Why not, if you are yet to change your name?
3. Is there any job pool for PNP?

Adrianbuwan:
Congrats Vcole.I am encouraged.
I have a couple of questions for the gurus in the house
1.Can I depend on a score of 433 to be considered in for express entry
2.Can I use a passport that has my maiden name which was issued after i got married?
3.How can I get into the job pool to be able to be eligible for the Provinical Nomination

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by diggy4real: 5:03pm On Feb 08, 2017
[quote author=Thetherapist post=53517468][/quote]

Thanks alot....was able to fill EOI for Manitoba only....Nova cota is in demand skill experience entry is not available now....sask is but missed out on their minimum point by 2points( only anoda English test) can remedy my case. The rest, getting employed first seems the key....I need to start ASAP.....I discontinued with Australia because I v written 3 english test because of it and didn't get up to what I wanted. Pls which one can I start asap? Or how do I get job in Canada directly from Nigeria so I can use it to apply to boost my chances.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jugzy: 5:06pm On Feb 08, 2017
Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on February 8, 2017 and ending on February 9, 2017 is 3,664.

Determination – required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on February 8, 2017 at 13:23:27 UTC, have been assigned a total of 447 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kem000: 5:09pm On Feb 08, 2017
Hello house,

Please I have a question. My husband is 46 and am 35 years old. We both have a master degree and he has 20 years experience as an engineer.

I have 5 years work experience but I have not been working because I just finished my mastera degree and shortly after I had a baby so regarding proof of funds am not eligible but my hubby is eligible but age wise he is not eligible.

Please can what can we do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by diggy4real: 5:12pm On Feb 08, 2017
Thetherapist:

Thanks....seen them all...seems getting an offer in Canada is the key to most....how can one do that?[/q.

Not all province require you have a valid job offer. Manitoba needs you to have a link in Manitoba to help you with settlement plans. Either a close relative or friend. You get points for that. Think its a must sef. So if you have one. Give it a shot.

Ontario nominates candidate with CRS above 400. (from my research). So if you don't mind writing IELTS again to boost your CRS. Give it a shot

I think your occupation was part of the OID in sask. Prepare docs ready and chill to see when sask. OID open next

Not sure if its part of OID in nova Scotia, u can check it up

Thanks bro......Nova Scotia's OID is not available now....sask is but needs min of 60 points to qualify buh roughly got dis 58 buh I don't get dia English calculation cos 20points is for IELTS 7.5, 6.5,6.5,6.5(LRSW) and 7,6.0,6.0,6.0 in LRSW respectively.... And I got L7, R6.5,W6.5,S6.5...WHAT does dis attract? 20 or 18?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 5:13pm On Feb 08, 2017
I can't see any problem here.

The two of you should evaluate your certificates and also write IELTS test. Let your hubby transfer the POF to your account. Simples!!!

kem000:
Hello house,

Please I have a question. My husband is 46 and am 35 years old. We both have a master degree and he has 20 years experience as an engineer.

I have 5 years work experience but I have not been working because I just finished my mastera degree and shortly after I had a baby so regarding proof of funds am not eligible but my hubby is eligible but age wise he is not eligible.

Please can what can we do?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 5:17pm On Feb 08, 2017
I think your main issue is IELTS. Why don't you take your time to prepare well for it. if your last result is still recent, ask for a remark for all the sections.
diggy4real:

Thanks bro......Nova Scotia's OID is not available now....sask is but needs min of 60 points to qualify buh roughly got dis 58 buh I don't get dia English calculation cos 20points is for IELTS 7.5, 6.5,6.5,6.5(LRSW) and 7,6.0,6.0,6.0 in LRSW respectively.... And I got L7, R6.5,W6.5,S6.5...WHAT does dis attract? 20 or 18?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by A14: 5:18pm On Feb 08, 2017
vcole:
My people!!!!! PPR!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

Finally!!! Congratulooobia
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Onlineise(m): 5:28pm On Feb 08, 2017
@VCole, From success at Missionary Journey to Canadian Journey ... I doff my hat for you ma'am.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by diggy4real: 5:29pm On Feb 08, 2017
[quote author=dupyshoo post=53534184]I think your main issue is IELTS. Why don't you take your time to prepare well for it. if your last result is still recent, ask for a remark for all the sections.

Since on the 3rd December.....I think is more than 6wks now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 5:31pm On Feb 08, 2017
Babe,you cracked me up grin grin angry
SlowlybtSurely:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by alt3r3g0: 5:42pm On Feb 08, 2017
vcole:

Congrats! We tap into the anointing
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 6:00pm On Feb 08, 2017
WOW this is mightyly low. @esosa4real congratulations in order YES? i cant wait to get in the pool and pray that the low scores are consistent

jugzy:
Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on February 8, 2017 and ending on February 9, 2017 is 3,664.

Determination – required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on February 8, 2017 at 13:23:27 UTC, have been assigned a total of 447 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Pinkygrace(f): 6:09pm On Feb 08, 2017
vcole:

Congratulations vcole
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 6:12pm On Feb 08, 2017
dupyshoo:
New draw out!!! 447!!!

Congrats to those that made it, especially esosa4real.

The 450 cut off has been broken. I am sure a lot of people will rush to enter the pool now.

Unbelievable! shocked

May it keep getting lower wink

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 6:35pm On Feb 08, 2017
Wow! Congrats Docki! Welcoming you soon to the land of "too cold" (as someone said grin ).

Congrats vcole!

vcole:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:18pm On Feb 08, 2017
447! Wow... This getting interesting. Happy for those you got ITA!

Congrats to everyone!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by shamecurls(m): 8:15pm On Feb 08, 2017
Good People of this Forum,

Is it advisable to apply with ones wife or alone? Which seems to be the surest path.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by teeoba: 8:26pm On Feb 08, 2017
Thanks so much for your response. Really appreciate it.
I will reach out to my manager.

Regards,

boldinc:
Hi... Congrats on your ITA.

1. If you can get your Supervisor to write the letter on your behalf, that would be great. All you have to do, like my wife did, is to write the letter yourself, print it out on the letter headed paper and have him sign it. If that's too much of a problem or you don't have access to letter headed papers, have your HR dept write the letter and leave a space for your supervisor to sign. I have a sample I found online... could share with the house if necessary.

2. The mutual funds company can write a letter for you... That should suffice. Let them also explain the money can be liquidated at anytime of your choice. Dunno much about FirstBank, but your bank statement should be fine in addition to the mutual funds letter. If you can get them to also write the letter, you can add it.

Hope this helps... All the best!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Speeddial(m): 9:01pm On Feb 08, 2017
Hello house,

please what National Occupational Classification or NOC is best needed in Canada?

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.