Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (278) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2605061 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 9:42pm On Feb 12, 2017
Please take your time to read through the thread. ICAN has been mentioned several times.

It doesnt add any point as it is not equivalent to a canadian certificate.

Bumdesh:
Please does WES evaluate ICAN?

If they do please wat will be the result of the evaluation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 12, 2017
esosa4real:

That's true oh, not really sure, ask the gurus ere!
His job duties will determine d NOC he can nominate. That's a huge difference from Aussies'.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 10:16pm On Feb 12, 2017
jinglesbaby:
Please, can loan (from bank and other sources) be used as POF after ITA is received? If yes, is it a case of moving loan from one account to another active account so that the source cannot be traced and verified easily especially if it were a bank loan?

Then, is employment verified? For example, can my father's friend or mother's friend who has his/her own firm provide me with a letter of employment for three years and reference or do I have to provide payslips and paystubbs to that effect?

For degree evaluation, is it true that APEGS (or engineering profession regulator) strictly requires WES? Does this requirement vary from province to province? Do you need a licence to get a job or can you get an engineering job without licence? Lastly, if I am nominated by Ontario or another province, do I have to fulfil residency requirements in that province before I can secure citizenship? I have heard all sorts of testimonies so please kindly help answer my questions, if you can?

Thank you.

Gurus, pls help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 10:19pm On Feb 12, 2017
[quote author=nikkygal post=53651294][/quote]

Nah, u have to request as per requirements from WES. For example, the envelope has to be sealed with ur transcript and the WES form and ur school has to stamp across the flap of the envelope. Read instructions on WES website.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 10:26pm On Feb 12, 2017
Beem4cupid:
Please can anybody tell me how to expedite verification of documents for UNILAG MSc for WES. The school claims not to have seen any verification. Is the verification done by email or postal mail. Kindly assist my friend oooo

I'm pretty sure its email, some school use postal tho. My BSc was from OOU and it was email. Tell ur friend to find out from WES if they send an email or used post. Also, get the exact date they sent the email and proceed to unilag. My school asked for the specific date email was sent. Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bigheadday: 10:33pm On Feb 12, 2017
Oagwaye1:

1.yes ,it will increase your score as long as she is accompanying you
2.minimum score to enter the pool is band 6 in LRSW but to get maximum score for English language and boost your CRS ,you need L8.5 ,R8
S7.5 W 7.5
3.you should evaluate your highest educational qualification(s) concurrently

@Oogwaye1..Thank you so much for your response. I guess I will have to register for my spouse so she can take the exam in April to help boost our chances. As for the education qualification, we both have BSc. Hope this also help in increasing our CRS.

Please when is it advisable I contact WES for the ECA? Your input is highly appreciated. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bigheadday: 10:33pm On Feb 12, 2017
optionese:
it is advisable for your spouse to write the exams but not necessary .
in order to determine your score you can use the crs tool calculate it . just google "calculate your crs score" and work from there . also read the thread from 0, you will get an insight as to how scores are given and why maximum points are necessary . the score for ielts LRSW score 8877 for aim for the highest 8.5,8,7.5,7.5

@Optionese.. Thank you for your response. Please how do you mean by "not necessary"? Won't her score be taking into consideration when calculating my score with the CRS? Please guide me as I intend to register her for the April IELTS exam but if her score is not taking into consideration so I won't have to waste the money. Thank you...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 11:44pm On Feb 12, 2017
Thanks.
temitope06:

I'm pretty sure its email, some school use postal tho. My BSc was from OOU and it was email. Tell ur friend to find out from WES if they send an email or used post. Also, get the exact date they sent the email and proceed to unilag. My school asked for the specific date email was sent. Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by coolhayor: 6:00am On Feb 13, 2017
Lemme answer in my own chikini way;

1-CIC will only assess d bank documents u submit. As long as u have proofs like gift certificate to prove how u got d money,they dont care abt d rest.

2-Either employment or funds or anything,they can decide to verify anything they are not sure of. Payslips is an evidence that you have been collecting salary all along& it is essential when claiming job experience.

3-If u are goin thru CIC, U only need an ECA to prove the Canadian equivalence of ur degree. If u practice in a regulated proffession, u will only need d licence when u land in Canada.

Above all,It pays to be sincere in all these, As crooked documents may land u a ban.

jinglesbaby:
Please, can loan (from bank and other sources) be used as POF after ITA is received? If yes, is it a case of moving loan from one account to another active account so that the source cannot be traced and verified easily especially if it were a bank loan?

Then, is employment verified? For example, can my father's friend or mother's friend who has his/her own firm provide me with a letter of employment for three years and reference or do I have to provide payslips and paystubbs to that effect?

For degree evaluation, is it true that APEGS (or engineering profession regulator) strictly requires WES? Does this requirement vary from province to province? Do you need a licence to get a job or can you get an engineering job without licence? Lastly, if I am nominated by Ontario or another province, do I have to fulfil residency requirements in that province before I can secure citizenship? I have heard all sorts of testimonies so please kindly help answer my questions, if you can?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:07am On Feb 13, 2017
Use this link to calculate your score: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

In some cases, your score might be high a enough for an ITA without you spouse's ECA nor IELTS. The best way to find out is to use the link to calculate your score either way and then share your scores here and we can advise. The most recent cut off is 447 and could most likely reduce further.

With regards to ECA, it's advisable to start right now, as it may take while to get sorted. You don't lose anything by starting right now.

bigheadday:

@Oogwaye1..Thank you so much for your response. I guess I will have to register for my spouse so she can take the exam in April to help boost our chances. As for the education qualification, we both have BSc. Hope this also help in increasing our CRS.

Please when is it advisable I contact WES for the ECA? Your input is highly appreciated. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by nikkygal(f): 7:26am On Feb 13, 2017
ugoiyke79e2:

I suggest u log onto WES Canada website and read up their specific instructions.
You should send them copies of your degree and then activate transcript/confirmation in your school...cos input frm your school is absolutely necessary.

Thanks a lot..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 7:28am On Feb 13, 2017
coolhayor:
Lemme answer in my own chikini way;

1-CIC will only assess d bank documents u submit. As long as u have proofs like gift certificate to prove how u got d money,they dont care abt d rest.

2-Either employment or funds or anything,they can decide to verify anything they are not sure of. Payslips is an evidence that you have been collecting salary all along& it is essential when claiming job experience.

3-If u are goin thru CIC, U only need an ECA to prove the Canadian equivalence of ur degree. If u practice in a regulated proffession, u will only need d licence when u land in Canada.

Above all,It pays to be sincere in all these, As crooked documents may land u a ban.

Payslips are not an absolute must, on CIC website it says payslips if available. The main requirement is the reference letter containing all the info they require. They can decide to verify at their own discretion.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by elothaddi(m): 7:31am On Feb 13, 2017
No. They only assess what you have given to them.

40manlappy:
For those who got their credentials assessed by either IQAS or WES and submitted just the highest qualification e.g MSc; did the two bodies request for your secondary school qualification such as GCE/WAEC certificates?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:34am On Feb 13, 2017
Use this link to calculate your score: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

In some cases, your score might be high a enough for an ITA without you spouse's ECA nor IELTS, which makes it unnecessary. The best way to find out is to use the link to calculate your score either way and then share your scores here and we can advise. The most recent cut off is 447 and could most likely reduce further.

bigheadday:

@Optionese.. Thank you for your response. Please how do you mean by "not necessary"? Won't her score be taking into consideration when calculating my score with the CRS? Please guide me as I intend to register her for the April IELTS exam but if her score is not taking into consideration so I won't have to waste the money. Thank you...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:36am On Feb 13, 2017
Payslips are not a must, but could be essential as he/she said. If you can get it conveniently, pls do...

temitope06:

Payslips are not an absolute must, on CIC website it says payslips if available. The main requirement is the reference letter containing all the info they require. They can decide to verify at their own discretion.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:12am On Feb 13, 2017
boldinc:
Payslips are not a must, but could be essential as he/she said. If you can get it conveniently, pls do...

major emphasis is on Employment reference letter, see below from CIC website:

Proof of work experience
Purpose

To prove each work experience claim and to validate that the applicant meets program requirements

Document requirements

The personalized document checklist in applicants’ online account prompts the applicant with an upload field for each work experience declared.
At the completeness check, the processing office determines only whether the required documents are included. The validity or fraudulence of the information is assessed only if and when the application is placed into processing.
The following documents are mandatory for each work experience declared:

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits; and
if the applicant is self-employed, articles of incorporation or other evidence of business ownership, evidence of self-employment income and documentation from third-party individuals indicating the service provided along with payment details (self-declared main duties or affidavits are not acceptable proof of self-employed work experience).
If the work experience is in Canada, proof may include copies of T4 tax information slips and notices of assessment issued by the Canada Revenue Agency (the time period for these documents should reflect the work experience timeframe [e.g., work experience from 2006 to 2008 requires only documents from those calendar years]).

Individuals who must submit this documentation

The principal applicant
Their spouse or common-law partner (if work experience in Canada is claimed)

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by behati: 8:16am On Feb 13, 2017
[quote author=nikkygal post=53651294][/quote]
Hi Nikkygal, I sent only scanned copies of my degree and transcripts and it worked for me. My school didn't have to send anything. WES will verify them anyway wether it comes from you or your school.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimali: 8:29am On Feb 13, 2017
You have said it all. Sincerity is the keyword. Assuming the person is discovers to have provided false documents later, they will still withdraw the PR. Also, let us not do things that will make them tag Nigerians.

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimali: 9:07am On Feb 13, 2017
Please why is it that ICAN certificate is not equivalent to any completed Canadian education. Not even the any of the following:
One-year certificate in [name of discipline]
Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
One-year Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
One-year certificate

While ACCA is 3 yr Bsc. ICAN needs to promote the exam o. This is not nice

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by toyinakande(f): 10:04am On Feb 13, 2017
Hi guys,

A quick one please. I've been trying to make payment for IQAS assessment since morning but payment hasn't been going through. I've used GTB MasterCard, Diamond Visa and Accessbank visa but all didn't go through. Who has done this recently and what bank did you use. Please this is urgent.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 10:07am On Feb 13, 2017
toyinakande:
Hi guys,

A quick one please. I've been trying to make payment for IQAS assessment since morning but payment hasn't been going through. I've used GTB MasterCard, Diamond Visa and Accessbank visa but all didn't go through. Who has done this recently and what bank did you use. Please this is urgent.

Thanks

Due to the daily limit cap banks have put on our transactions. For GTB, u can't exceed $100 daily. Either get someone with a dorm acct, pay the equivalent into the acct and use their card to pay or get someone 'in the Abroad' to pay for u.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by shamecurls(m): 10:29am On Feb 13, 2017
Hello All,

Please what address should be inputed for WES

" Mailing Address
Your ECA paper report will be delivered to this address
" .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by penitential(m): 11:05am On Feb 13, 2017
Your residential address.
shamecurls:
Hello All,

Please what address should be inputed for WES

" Mailing Address
Your ECA paper report will be delivered to this address
" .

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:10am On Feb 13, 2017
jesusbaby01:
Hi all for those looking for how to send their Documents to wes (photocopy of credentials), you can actually fax it to them using online free fax servic and attach a cover letter. be rest assured they would get it. I still used same for a friend yesterday and he got an update from wes today. Just google free fax online and use any of them. Wes Fax number is 1-416-972-9004. Address it to Minister of Evaluation, World Education Services. Please include your reference number on your cover letter. saves you the stress and money to spend on courier, Good part is, It's free

True I did this with IQAS and it helped

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ysmd: 11:54am On Feb 13, 2017
Hello house.Please my school has sent my transcript to Iqas but they are yet to confirm receipt to me via mail.please how can I contact them do they have an email address.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gbengs007: 2:19pm On Feb 13, 2017
hello my name is emmanuel
i applied and submitted my application for canada study permit since july 2016
and on 7th of jan 2017 i got a mail that my processed passport has been dispatched from ghana to VAC here in lagos and when i went to their office @lekki..i was told it was still on transit.. then today i saw this while tracking it online Your passport is undelivered and has been forwarded back at the Canada Visa Office ACCRA..im confused and dont know what to do next because am still yet to be called for medicals and its upto 7months now pls any advice on what i should do
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Danoluwa(m): 2:26pm On Feb 13, 2017
Please Gurus in the house....... Does it mean if I have my transcript I can send to WES for evaluation and they will confirm the results of the evaluation from my school?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gbengs007: 2:27pm On Feb 13, 2017
hello my name is emmanuel
i applied and submitted my application for canada study permit since july 2016
and on 7th of jan 2017 i got a mail that my processed passport has been dispatched from ghana to VAC here in lagos and when i went to their office @lekki..i was told it was still on transit.. then today i saw this while tracking it online Your passport is undelivered and has been forwarded back at the Canada Visa Office ACCRA..im confused and dont know what to do next because am still yet to be called for medicals and its upto 7months now pls any advice on what i should do
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 13, 2017
ysmd:
Hello house.Please my school has sent my transcript to Iqas but they are yet to confirm receipt to me via mail.please how can I contact them do they have an email address.

when did your school send it and how did they send it,was it by normal post or courier.For me l had to follow up with my school to ensure that they send the transcript.IQAS will surely send you a mail once they receive it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 3:13pm On Feb 13, 2017
hello, am about to send my documents to IQAS and was also looking at this fax option. which of the websites did you use. i tried some yesterday night they had restrictions on number of documents and pages per day. for instance the application form itself is already 3 pages, talk less of passport page , certificate checklist etc . as it is i have about 10 pages to send .
then the most important question who did you address it to and how long did it take for them to acknowledge receipt and update your status

dannio:

when did your school send it and how did they send it,was it by normal post or courier.For me l had to follow up with my school to ensure that they send the transcript.IQAS will surely send you a mail once they receive it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 3:24pm On Feb 13, 2017
hello lawyers in the house please i need clarification on the NOC to put on my work experience.i have 7 years in litigation and 2 years plus as a magistrate . am confused on how the NOC works. @iphie25 kindly assist
i believe the NOC for paralegal appropriate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 6:43pm On Feb 13, 2017
toyinakande:
Hi guys,

Thanks

Fund your US dom account in a Nigerian bank then use your USD Mastercard, it will go through. You may use that of a friend to pay or get someone abroad to use their US/CAD credit card to pay for you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.