Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2605029 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 4:29pm On Feb 20, 2017
onegoodturnday:
Good afternoon house,

I was recently denied a study visa and I am thinking of reapplying because the reason given for the rejection is not a big deal and I think I can tackle it if I re-apply.

However, Please see and analyse my profile below: for EE

- I have HND lower credit +NIM, applied for PGC

- Wife has BSC (2.2) + IT Certification

- No kids yet

- We are yet to write the IELTS

- Wife occupation is NOC band A

- My occupation is NOC band B

- Wife’s age 30

- My age 32

- My work experience- 8 yrs

- Wife’s work experience – 4 years in total

My question is:

- For Express Entry, Who should be the principal applicant? Me or wife(whose academic background can get us more points?)

- With a good score at IELTS say band 7 - 8, do we stand a chance of getting into the pool?

Thanks a million for your anticipated responses.

Ur wife should be PA cos she's younger, every year after 30 reduces points. Aim for individual band scores of L8.5, R8.0, S7.5, W7.5 not the overall band. If both of you can achieve this score and you both do an assessment of ur certificates, you should be good to go.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 4:35pm On Feb 20, 2017
optionese:
@40manlappy did you go to OOU, if yes was it fedex you use to send your documents for ECA . i cant seem to track my parcel. gosh this people are stressing me. their customer service number is not going through. who else on this thread used Fedex or sent their documents from OOU?.
@fusion23 pls help

I used dhl, how much is oou transcript now? i thought its now 50k so it should include dhl.
call fedex , after how many days?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 6:25pm On Feb 20, 2017
apparently she hasn't even sent it out. do you know if it includes cost of courier cos i was asked for courier fee 20800 (3days) 18 000 (5days) pls can i have the number of the person you used . i have been on it for the past three weeks on;y for her to say there was a mistake which the person who suppose to sign it saw and she refused to sign it. so now she has to take a letter to my faculty tomorrow to rectify it

thanks
Fusion23:

I used dhl, how much is oou transcript now? i thought its now 50k so it should include dhl.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 6:40pm On Feb 20, 2017
the official fee is supposedly 51k .
Fusion23:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lumzy1(m): 6:46pm On Feb 20, 2017
Hello All,
Concerning the required POF, my parent will give me the required amount as a gift deed, but I want to confirm if can I put the required POF in a fixed deposit account?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 7:08pm On Feb 20, 2017
yes you can
lumzy1:
Hello All,
Concerning the required POF, my parent will give me the required amount as a gift deed, but I want to confirm if can I put the required POF in a fixed deposit account?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by wunmimi: 7:14pm On Feb 20, 2017
Yes, you can
lumzy1:
Hello All,

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by onegoodturnday: 8:01pm On Feb 20, 2017
temitope06:

Ur wife should be PA cos she's younger, every year after 30 reduces points. Aim for individual band scores of L8.5, R8.0, S7.5, W7.5 not the overall band. If both of you can achieve this score and you both do an assessment of ur certificates, you should be good to go.
Thank you so much. I may have to put a stop to my study permit application and focus on this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kathyjex: 8:13pm On Feb 20, 2017
Adiahabasi:
Very straight forward...I used 2 bank statements as proof of address, paid wt my Gtb naira MasterCard(18k) and got it in 1week. Did Ijebu, didn't want to pay for courier, so i chose for it to be sent to a friend's addy in UK, she scanned and sent to me, and has sent d hardcopy via regular mail.

This is interesting. What of a situation where the bank address has changed? Meaning your statement is not in the same address?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 20, 2017
dupyshoo:
It depends on the number of duties listed under the NOC. Were just doing the 2 or 3 duties during the internship? If yes, try to break the duties down further. IRCC rejects people a lot cos of mismatched NOC, so please ensure you get it right.

Thanks, the NOC is 2231 which is divided into 2 parts. The duties I did fits more with this NOC.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 8:53pm On Feb 20, 2017
Please help!

Good afternoon All, I neeed clarity on a few questions (this is onbehalf of a friend);

She wants to create a new EE profile in preparation for the OINP. Her old profile (which expires March 3rd) was created via an agent but she doesn't want to use their services anymore. So the question is: If she creates a new EE profile now (by herself) will she be required to create a new job bank profile as well? Can she have two job bank profiles?

Kindly advise.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 9:59pm On Feb 20, 2017
Ehrnie:
Please help!

Good afternoon All, I neeed clarity on a few questions (this is onbehalf of a friend);

She wants to create a new EE profile in preparation for the OINP. Her old profile (which expires March 3rd) was created via an agent but she doesn't want to use their services anymore. So the question is: If she creates a new EE profile now (by herself) will she be required to create a new job bank profile as well? Can she have two job bank profiles?

Kindly advise.
To the best of my knowledge, yes she can.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 10:02pm On Feb 20, 2017
Kathyjex:

This is interesting. What of a situation where the bank address has changed? Meaning your statement is not in the same address?
They need a proof of your current address, and its the address you provide they'll put on your police certificate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by subomi123: 10:28pm On Feb 20, 2017
Hello All,
I am new to this forum and about to enter the pool. My question is regarding the work experience, my university degree has no relevance to my work experience. (Studied Social Work but working as Data Administrator) Have been working as a data administrator after graduating and just got a new job three months ago that is related to what i studied in university. So my question is do I need to have work experience that is relevant to my degree to apply for the federal skilled worker?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 11:23pm On Feb 20, 2017
Adiahabasi:
To the best of my knowledge, yes she can.

Thanks for your response!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:33pm On Feb 20, 2017
Hello, I am new on this platform please what NOC can I use for Advantium banking- marketing in a bank?

Thank you.
britiko:

operations staff is difficult o
noc code 6551 for customer service representatives, funds transfer officers and teller.
na wa. its classified as semi skilled in Canada.
please lemme know if you discover something different.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:12am On Feb 21, 2017
iphie25:

I included both of them, however when I ordered my gcms notes, I only saw that WES was mentioned and accepted as being equal to a first professional degree in law. You may want to take a chance with ur WES ECA but pls keep at the back of you mind that it is in no way conclusive proof of what the officer reviewing your case will think as they may have different views on the subject.
Yea, cool.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by joejoe3: 2:07am On Feb 21, 2017
I am finding it difficult to choose a NOC. I read Elect/Elect Engineering but work in a telecomm company. The NOC that fits my job description is 0131 (telecommunication managers) but unfortunately I am not a manager where I work. NOC no 2133 (electrical and electronics engineering) does not really fit into my job description. 7246 and 7245 seems to be below my level.

Please I need your advice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Mbogi: 2:54am On Feb 21, 2017
It does not matter which NOC code your job fall in so long it's A,0 or B

joejoe3:
I am finding it difficult to choose a NOC. I read Elect/Elect Engineering but work in a telecomm company. The NOC that fits my job description is 0131 (telecommunication managers) but unfortunately I am not a manager where I work. NOC no 2133 (electrical and electronics engineering) does not really fit into my job description. 7246 and 7245 seems to be below my level.

Please I need your advice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:20am On Feb 21, 2017
Ontario selects continuously until they close up (I guess that's the point they exhaust their quota).

As dupyshoo said earlier, you need to state Ontario as a province of choice while filling your profile.

Most times, people had to re-create their profile as it seemed Ontario went after only newly created profiles with 400 and above score.

40manlappy:
@boldinc, GrandCommander

How often does Ontario select from the pool? Was it a one off selection or they do so at intervals?

Would appreciate your feedback.

I am expecting my IELTS results in early March and want to determine if it's something my wife and I can work with.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 7:56am On Feb 21, 2017
boldinc:
Ontario selects continuously until the close up (I guess that's the point they exhaust their quota).

As dupyshoo said earlier, you need to state Ontario as a province of choice while filling your profile.

Most times, people had to re-create their profile as it seemed Ontario went after only newly created profiles with 400 and above score.

How far? You don submit?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 11:00am On Feb 21, 2017
At all o... Plan is to do it before the end of the month, so next week by God's grace... U?

SlowlybtSurely:

How far? You don submit?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 11:15am On Feb 21, 2017
optionese:
apparently she hasn't even sent it out. do you know if it includes cost of courier cos i was asked for courier fee 20800 (3days) 18 000 (5days) pls can i have the number of the person you used . i have been on it for the past three weeks on;y for her to say there was a mistake which the person who suppose to sign it saw and she refused to sign it. so now she has to take a letter to my faculty tomorrow to rectify it

thanks
sont have the number did my wes a long time ago and it was 18k i paid, they gave me sealed so i dhled it myself.
am asking you those the fee include dhl or something?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by phoneymoney: 1:13pm On Feb 21, 2017
dupyshoo:
Get your PR first. You don't have to stay in the province you choose while applying. I chose Calgary while completing my profile, landed in Toronto but final destination was Saskatoon.

I see a lot of practical experience in u. U re now my guider.
I mean on the EE profile, but I choose Ontario and British Columbia as another province I wud consider.
On the average how long does it take to be given ITA after EE profile has been created?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 1:56pm On Feb 21, 2017
boldinc:
At all o... Plan is to do it before the end of the month, so next week by God's grace... U?

I don close eye submit last week.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 2:35pm On Feb 21, 2017
boldinc:
Ontario selects continuously until they close up (I guess that's the point they exhaust their quota).

Thank you smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 2:35pm On Feb 21, 2017
HTC2017:
Good day,

Have you gotten any feedback on your faxed application as stated below?

Not yet
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by wunmimi: 2:58pm On Feb 21, 2017
It shall end with praise
SlowlybtSurely:

I don close eye submit last week.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 5:22pm On Feb 21, 2017
wunmimi:
Yes, you can

Pls in this case where you get a gift deed and fix the amount, what else is to be submitted alongside fixed deposit documents and gift deed?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 5:28pm On Feb 21, 2017
Pls, who has done a UK police report recently and how much was it. Hope bank no go use black market rate o if not I go decline my ITA sharp.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:43pm On Feb 21, 2017
temitope06:
Pls, who has done a UK police report recently and how much was it. Hope bank no go use black market rate o if not I go decline my ITA sharp.

Standard is 45 quid (10 working days) while premium is 80 quid ( 2 working days).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by GEJPosterity: 6:07pm On Feb 21, 2017
BlessedFellow01:

Standard is 45 quid (10 working days) while premium is 80 quid ( 2 working days).
Brilliant. Thanks a lot.

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.