Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (287) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2598629 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 9:58am On Feb 19, 2017
showerses:
@ Iphie25 dear congrats, i am still waiting for WES assessment

Thanks dear. What is delaying the assessment? IQAS is really faster and cheaper.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 10:00am On Feb 19, 2017
esosa4real:

Congrats!! Biko what's your timeline again? I didn't see you here for a while....where there any issues along the way?

Wish you all the best!

Thanks....yeah at some point I became lazy to open canny-related sites...lol. No issues apart from additional docs. Accra was painfully slow till my application was moved to London Visa office.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 10:04am On Feb 19, 2017
ugoiyke79e2:

Iphie Congrats dear!!! It was worth the while...
wishing u all da best and pls continue to contribute to the thread by resuming with your timeline. Thanks.
Hahahaha....so here's my timeline

ITA: 06/04/2016
Meds: 13/05/2016
AoR: 05/06/2016
ADR: 29/06/2016 and 23/01/2017
PPR: 15/02/2017

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 10:10am On Feb 19, 2017
elfmann:

Congratulations! How did u decide on moving forward when WES didn't come up as expected wrt ur law degree? Did u decline that ITA and use that other one IQ...did?
I included both of them, however when I ordered my gcms notes, I only saw that WES was mentioned and accepted as being equal to a first professional degree in law. You may want to take a chance with ur WES ECA but pls keep at the back of you mind that it is in no way conclusive proof of what the officer reviewing your case will think as they may have different views on the subject.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 10:14am On Feb 19, 2017
dupyshoo:
Congrats dear!!! I have been waiting for this news.
It's indeed been a nerve-racking journey. Your story shows perseverance pays!!!
I am so glad for you
Yeah dear and I cannot thank you enough for your help and encouragement throughout the journey. You were always prompt in replying all my queries and your answers were really insightful and no doubt contributed to my success story today. I can only pray that God rewards you abundantly for not just how you've helped me but how you have helped and continue to help others. xoxo!!

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 10:16am On Feb 19, 2017
Beem4cupid:
Congrats babe. I have been following your case and I am so glad it worked out for you.
Yeah dear...thank you. God is really faithful. I'll find time to recount my ppr journey so as to encourage someone.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 10:31am On Feb 19, 2017
Blackbuddy:

Hi, check this and those mentioned at the bottom of the link, http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/Profile.aspx?val=2&val1=4112&ver=11&_ga=1.163563833.460803523.1466687053

Welcome to the house your worship cheesy wink
I hope you don't convict me for contempt...lol
Well just choose the Lawyers and Quebec notaries Noc then when you get an ITA which I know will be pretty soon, you can enter your magisterial experience in your personal history form.
So just fill in the name of the firm or firms where you had your experience in litigation and be ready to get reference letters from the firm(s) when ITA shows and you want to submit your electronic Application (e-APR).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 12:02pm On Feb 19, 2017
humanshado:
Ontario PNP for Human Capital Priorities Stream Opening on 21st February, 2017

February 16, 2017

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Re: International Masters and PhD Graduate Streams and Human Capital Priorities Stream to reopen next week with online application systems

Next week, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) will be reopening and launching online applications for the:
1) International PhD Graduate Stream
2) International Masters Graduate Stream, and
3) Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream.

Read more ... http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

great how much is it for the 3 option ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 1:14pm On Feb 19, 2017
iphie25:

Thanks....yeah at some point I became lazy to open canny-related sites...lol. No issues apart from additional docs. Accra was painfully slow till my application was moved to London Visa office.

Eyah!! I can imagine....the delay could weaken ones faith!! All the best!

BTW do you know about this ontarion pnp that's opening again nextweek?
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

I am asking on behalf a friend, his score is 417 and while he awaits to rewrite, he wants to know if this new ontario program would need an application or they will select randomly from pool.... what's the basis of selection sef? Seems they wanna change from past methods, now online if am not mistaken and seems I saw ielts lowered to 6 in each band.

Also, is it true that if you get PR via ontario @NP, you must stay in ontario province for a while??

Pls anyone have an input on this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by richieadeolu: 1:35pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hello esosa4real,

I don't know much about the Ontario PNP But with regards to the question if you get nominated, I can confirm to you that any province that nominates you expect you to stay in the province for some time to improve the province economically. I have seen two cases where a province ( Sask & Manitoba) had to write directly to CIC because the nominee did not stay in the province. This eventually led to the withdrawal of the PR that has been issued.
esosa4real:

I am asking on behalf a friend, his score is 417 and while he awaits to rewrite, he wants to know if this new ontario program would need an application or they will select randomly from pool.... what's the basis of selection sef? Seems they wanna change from past methods, now online if am not mistaken and seems I saw ielts lowered to 6 in each band.

Also, is it true that if you get PR via ontario @NP, you must stay in ontario province for a while??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by phoneymoney: 2:17pm On Feb 19, 2017
Please house which province is more readily in demand for noc
6314 - Customer and information services supervisors?
I have a challenge on choice of intended province to reside for my pnp .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 5:11pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hi Esosa,

Please encourage him to rewrite IETLS if that is what will boost his score, it may be faster than the Ontario nomination which is like a two stage of waiting, you first apply to them with all documents that CIC will need for express entry then wait for them to give you the nomination which may be a short or long wait. Finally, wait for the PPR with CIC. Nothing wrong in trying both options if age and education is on his side.

Just my view though. Some of us wrote English test 4 times before we got the desired score. Dont give up if its worth it.

esosa4real:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by shamecurls(m): 6:02pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hello, Can someone please help differentiate this two questions?

i. In the last ten years, how many years of skilled work experience in Canada do you have?

It must have been paid and full-time (or an equal amount in part-time).

Note: In Canada, the National Occupational Classification (NOC) is the official list of all the jobs in the Canadian labour market. It describes each job according to skill type, group and level.

"Skilled work" in the NOC is:

managerial jobs (NOC Skill Level 0),
professional jobs (NOC Skill Type A), or
technical jobs and skilled trades/manual work (NOC Skill Type B).

If you are not sure of the NOC level for this job, you can find your NOC on this site.

ii. In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have?

It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 6:10pm On Feb 19, 2017
The first one is talking about your canadian work experience, the second is your total work experience, mostly foreign if you dont have any canadian work experience then say No to the first question and proceed to the next.

shamecurls:
Hello, Can someone please help differentiate this two questions?

i. In the last ten years, how many years of skilled work experience in Canada do you have?

It must have been paid and full-time (or an equal amount in part-time).

Note: In Canada, the National Occupational Classification (NOC) is the official list of all the jobs in the Canadian labour market. It describes each job according to skill type, group and level.

"Skilled work" in the NOC is:

managerial jobs (NOC Skill Level 0),
professional jobs (NOC Skill Type A), or
technical jobs and skilled trades/manual work (NOC Skill Type B).

If you are not sure of the NOC level for this job, you can find your NOC on this site.

ii. In the last 10 years, how many years of skilled work experience do you have?

It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 6:30pm On Feb 19, 2017
esosa4real:

I'm really sorry...don't have any tangible info on PNP considering that I'm fsw. Other seniors will be helpful here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by blaizetony: 6:31pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hello house. Please i have come across certain people's timelines With the acronym ADR, please what does it mean??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 7:02pm On Feb 19, 2017
@iphie25 over to you. Please enlighten us grin grin cos I can see it on your timeline

blaizetony:
Hello house. Please i have come across certain people's timelines With the acronym ADR, please what does it mean??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by shamecurls(m): 7:07pm On Feb 19, 2017
Bimpsy99:
The first one is talking about your canadian work experience, the second is your total work experience, mostly foreign if you dont have any canadian work experience then say No to the first question and proceed to the next.

Thanks! I just don't know what am doing wrong that I cant seem to cross 400points. Can you help analyze.

Your results

All Express Entry candidates get a score out of 1,200, based on the four parts of the Comprehensive Ranking System formula.

We invite the highest-ranking candidates from the pool to apply as a permanent resident through regular “rounds of invitations.” See what minimum scores have been in the past.
Core/Human capital factors

Age = 80
Level of education = 112
Study in Canada = undefined
Official Languages = 103
First Official Language = 103
Second Official Language = 0
Canadian work experience = 0

Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 295
Spouse factors

Level of education = 8
First Official Languages = 18

Subtotal - Spouse factors = 26
Skill transferability factors
Education

A) Official Language proficiency and education = 13
B) Canadian work experience and education = 0

Subtotal = 13
Foreign work experience

A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 25
B) Canadian and foreign work experience B) = 0

Subtotal = 25

Certificate of qualification = 0

Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 38
Comprehensive Ranking System formula

Subtotal Core/Human capital + Spouse factors + Skill transferability = 359

Additional points = 0

Grand total = 359
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kathyjex: 10:16pm On Feb 19, 2017
Fusion23:
Woooooow I still cant believe it In 2 months and 8 days after acknwoldegment of receipt I got my confirmation of permanent residence and the visa....

time line AOR November 21
PPR December 29

God is good will still share the testimonies and hints free for those that got ITA..by the way this my naira land is a dummy account for express entry so reaching me via email might be slow but will definetely contribute back to the thread
Big congrats fusion
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ysmd: 10:33pm On Feb 19, 2017
@iphie congrats. Pls at what point do we assess our law sch cert. IQAS is currently assessing my LLB
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by phoneymoney: 11:28pm On Feb 19, 2017
phoneymoney:

PLEASE HEEEELLLLP!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 11:33pm On Feb 19, 2017
raymege:

I tried it, it worked . Thanks a lot.

Did you use it for WES? I just used hellofax to send an application to IQAS.

Has anyone used hellofax to contact IQAS before and how did it go?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 12:39am On Feb 20, 2017
Bimpsy99:
Hi Esosa,

Please encourage him to rewrite IETLS if that is what will boost his score, it may be faster than the Ontario nomination which is like a two stage of waiting, you first apply to them with all documents that CIC will need for express entry then wait for them to give you the nomination which may be a short or long wait. Finally, wait for the PPR with CIC. Nothing wrong in trying both options if age and education is on his side.

Just my view though. Some of us wrote English test 4 times before we got the desired score. Dont give up if its worth it.

Very true, thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 6:29am On Feb 20, 2017
Ontario PNP selects people from the pool that have a score equivalent to their cut-off mark... As at last year, it was 400 (which qualifies your friend). However, not sure if the cut-off score would be lower or higher this time, but I'm sure more details will be revealed this week.

Also, it was noticed that Ontario selected people that had newly entered the pool (not sure why), so people had to delete their old profile and create a new one to get the NOI, which most did almost immediately.

People waited a while to get their nomination (bout 8 months or more), but they eventually did. Also, Ontario was the only province that you had to pay to apply (1,500 Can USD as at the last time they were open).

I will advise your friend gives IELTS another shot while he/she waits to know more about the Ontario PNP.

Hope this helps...

esosa4real:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:44am On Feb 20, 2017
boldinc:
Ontario PNP selects people from the pool that have a score equivalent to their cut-off mark... As at last year, it was 400 (which qualifies your friend). However, not sure if the cut-off score would be lower or higher this time, but I'm sure more details will be revealed this week.

Also, it was noticed that Ontario selected people that had newly entered the pool (not sure why), so people had to delete their old profile and create a new one to get the NOI, which most did almost immediately.

People waited a while to get their nomination (bout 8 months or more), but they eventually did. Also, Ontario was the only province that you had to pay to apply (1,500 Can USD as at the last time they were open).

I will advise your friend gives IELTS another shot while he/she waits to know more about the Ontario PNP.

Hope this helps...

they have not reduced that cut off and I doubt if they will
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:40am On Feb 20, 2017
If you read my message properly, you will realize I mentioned that the score 'might' go higher or lower...

GrandCommander:

they have not reduced that cut off and I doubt if they will
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 8:38am On Feb 20, 2017
Bimpsy99:
@iphie25 over to you. Please enlighten us grin grin cos I can see it on your timeline

@blaizetony

ADR should mean ADditional Request (of documents)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:43am On Feb 20, 2017
@boldinc, GrandCommander

How often does Ontario select from the pool? Was it a one off selection or they do so at intervals?

Would appreciate your feedback.

I am expecting my IELTS results in early March and want to determine if it's something my wife and I can work with.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:24am On Feb 20, 2017
Get your PR first. You don't have to stay in the province you choose while applying. I chose Calgary while completing my profile, landed in Toronto but final destination was Saskatoon.

phoneymoney:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:28am On Feb 20, 2017
I can't say categorically but I know they invite most people with above 400 points as soon as you enter the pool. So, a lot of people had to recreate their profile in order to get PT. After inviting people for few months, they stopped inviting when they reached their target for the year. So, the earlier you go for it the better.

Please bear in mind you have to choose Ontario as your province of destination when creating your profile, else you will not get the invite.

40manlappy:
@boldinc, GrandCommander

How often does Ontario select from the pool? Was it a one off selection or they do so at intervals?

Would appreciate your feedback.

I am expecting my IELTS results in early March and want to determine if it's something my wife and I can work with.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:46am On Feb 20, 2017
You are losing about 56 points cos of low IELTS score. Try to get 8.5, 8, 7.5 and 7.5 in LRSW respectively and you can get up to 415. You are also losing 20 points due to your age (33 year old, I assume). If your spouse is younger, has a better IELTS score and has up to 3 year work experience, she/he might be better as PA.

shamecurls:

Thanks! I just don't know what am doing wrong that I cant seem to cross 400points. Can you help analyze.

Your results

All Express Entry candidates get a score out of 1,200, based on the four parts of the Comprehensive Ranking System formula.

We invite the highest-ranking candidates from the pool to apply as a permanent resident through regular “rounds of invitations.” See what minimum scores have been in the past.
Core/Human capital factors

Age = 80
Level of education = 112
Study in Canada = undefined
Official Languages = 103
First Official Language = 103
Second Official Language = 0

Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 295
Spouse factors

Level of education = 8
First Official Languages = 18

Subtotal - Spouse factors = 26
Skill transferability factors
Education

A) Official Language proficiency and education = 13
B) Canadian work experience and education = 0

Subtotal = 13
Foreign work experience

A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 25
B) Canadian and foreign work experience B) = 0

Subtotal = 25

Certificate of qualification = 0

Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 38
Comprehensive Ranking System formula

Subtotal Core/Human capital + Spouse factors + Skill transferability = 359

Additional points = 0

Grand total = 359

(1) (2) (3) ... (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.