Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,539 members, 7,847,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:14 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (333) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2634465 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jig5aw(f): 6:11pm On Mar 14, 2017
Please house, how much is the registration for IELTS for PR?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yokus(f): 6:27pm On Mar 14, 2017
Garykasparov:

I am an Ex-staff, Kindly PM me
I also pmed you. Also an ex staff.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by keleto(m): 6:29pm On Mar 14, 2017
Good day house. I really appreciate what is going on here. Please I have a question to ask here.
1) am expecting my visa to be out any moment from now. Is actually a TWO YEAR WORK VISA.
my issues now is that I don't know if I will still be asked at point of entry to show POF.. and how much do you think I can go to Canada with, to sustain me before I get a job.
2) what and what am I supposed to travel with, as I don't have anybody when I land.
3)can someone advise me as per short stay hotel and permanent accommodation.
3)i studied electrical engineering, so which of the state will I be able to get a job quickly.
4)do you think I can go for a menial job first before I settle for a full time professional job. How do I go about it.
5)how do I really go about job hunting and accommodation.
6)how do I get a work permit

Please I need response s plus. Help your fellow brother in the struggle.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cookies: 6:39pm On Mar 14, 2017
Dear all, please when claiming points for past work experience must it be within the chosen NOC? For instance, I've got 4yrs of work experience with an NGO as an HR Officer (have got a reference letter for that), but during my Nysc I worked in the bank as a funds transfer officer. Can I also get a reference letter & claim points as well?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Develpeast: 6:49pm On Mar 14, 2017
Good evening house, I am looking towards writing my ielts exam next month and i am planning on registering before the week runs out. I need someone to brief me which is better, the general training or the academic ielts.

Your replies will be highly welcomed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e2: 7:02pm On Mar 14, 2017
Develpeast:
Good evening house, I am looking towards writing my ielts exam next month and i am planning on registering before the week runs out. I need someone to brief me which is better, the general training or the academic ielts.

Your replies will be highly welcomed.

for express entry you have to take the general training ielts..... academic isnt acceptable for EE.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Develpeast: 7:11pm On Mar 14, 2017
ugoiyke79e2:

for express entry you have to take the general training ielts..... academic isnt acceptable for EE.

Thank you very much, I appreciate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yokus(f): 7:22pm On Mar 14, 2017
This is how it worked for me as I have previously shared at Canadavisa forum (as Pipis Husband). My two cents, cheers.[/quote]
Oh Wow, you r Pipis Husband. Nice. Regards to the family
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by walejummy: 8:04pm On Mar 14, 2017
merrymum:

Your course of study doesn't have to match the NOC. I studied engineering and using NOC 0122 too. It's ur job roles that matter.
thanks for the reply, but it written in the job specification on NOC that one should have management course qualification, hope it doesn't matter yet?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by penitential(m): 8:22pm On Mar 14, 2017
Is your NOC job description related to HR? if yes, then the four years experience is more than enough point you need. You obviously don't need any reference letter for the fund transfer officer since you're not claiming point for that.
cookies:
Dear all, please when claiming points for past work experience must it be within the chosen NOC? For instance, I've got 4yrs of work experience with an NGO as an HR Officer (have got a reference letter for that), but during my Nysc I worked in the bank as a funds transfer officer. Can I also get a reference letter & claim points as well?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by merrymum: 8:41pm On Mar 14, 2017
walejummy:
thanks for the reply, but it written in the job specification on NOC that one should have management course qualification, hope it doesn't matter yet?

What CIC puts on their site I believe is mostly what is obtainable in Canada and then they also try to cover what they feel other countries require for these job roles. That's why for example they put so many job titles per NOC so one can find something pretty close to what he/she has in the country. For me, what I see here is FOR THIS JOB ROLE YOU NEED AT LEAST A DEGREE OR DIPLOMA. As long as the bank employed you with your degree not minding what your field of study was then you're fine.

My two kobo...

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by walejummy: 9:10pm On Mar 14, 2017
merrymum:

What CIC puts on their site I believe is mostly what is obtainable in Canada and then they also try to cover what they feel other countries require for these job roles. That's why for example they put so many job titles per NOC so one can find something pretty close to what he/she has in the country. For me, what I see here is FOR THIS JOB ROLE YOU NEED AT LEAST A DEGREE OR DIPLOMA. As long as the bank employed you with your degree not minding what your field of study was then you're fine.

My two kobo...
Wow u are great, am owing you two bottles of origin, zero origin or 100 origin, anyone
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by richieadeolu: 9:40pm On Mar 14, 2017
dupyshoo:
Hi All, I just want to let everyone know that l won't be regular on the thread anymore due to changes in my schedule. This might also affect the rate at which I attend to PMs. The good thing is that there are so many people on the thread that are knowledgeable about the process and will be able to answer any questions that may be asked.

I have learnt a lot, made some good friends through this thread and have enjoyed answering questions. I wish everyone on this journey quick PPR and smooth relocation to Canada.

You have been more than a mentor to us all on this thread and you will be greatly missed

We can only wish you the best in your future endavour. God bless you. Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Intrepid01(m): 9:45pm On Mar 14, 2017
Jig5aw:
Please, How much is IELTS exam for PR?[Quote author=Intrepid01 post=54582117]

Bros pls, kindly help a confused brother.

I have looked through the initial pages thinking I could get a detailed step by step information about the application from A to Z.

But the more I check, the more confused I get. can you pls explain the step by step detail of applying through express entry.

I found out that one of the first things to do is..IELTS. I just registered for that and should be writing the test next month.

Please help a confused brother.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by merrymum: 10:35pm On Mar 14, 2017
walejummy:
Wow u are great, am owing you two bottles of origin, zero origin or 100 origin, anyone

Thanks ma/sir smiley u are great too.. Maltina is just fine tongue
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bamyinkus: 10:47pm On Mar 14, 2017
boldinc:
You need to write IELTS and also get your degree(s) evaluated before you can get in the EE pool.

@ boldinc pls im a little bit confused about the evaluation, cos having been thinking of how to go about it...based on the six factors of selections can you pls en-light me more...will be glad if i can get your contact
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sammyacbxyz: 10:58pm On Mar 14, 2017
Pending question. Pls Anyone? Thanks

sammyacbxyz:
Good day dear all,

I was able to get reference letter on company letter headed paper from my NYSC employer (Govt), and in the IRCC required format but the person who signed off on the letter is the head of Info Tech department, but I served in the Accounts department. He is the only contact I still have/know in the company.

Question: Is it ok for him to sign the reference letter considering the NOC 1111 (Financial Auditors and accountants) I am claiming points for?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 11:42pm On Mar 14, 2017
Only 3 years of work experience is required. With he 4 you have as an HR officer, you do not need the NYSC experience...

cookies:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 11:43pm On Mar 14, 2017
For evaluation, you can use either of www.wes.org or IQAS. More information on how to go about it is found on their website.

bamyinkus:
@ boldinc pls im a little bit confused about the evaluation, cos having been thinking of how to go about it...based on the six factors of selections can you pls en-light me more...will be glad if i can get your contact
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tribeD: 11:53pm On Mar 14, 2017
Babachi:

A LOE from your spouse shd be fine
Please what will the format of the LoE from my wife be like. Is it a formal letter addresses to IRCC stating that the money she transferred to me is in support of our PR plans and then she signs? Please someone help clarify this please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cookies: 1:59am On Mar 15, 2017
penitential:
Is your NOC job description related to HR? if yes, then the four years experience is more than enough point you need. You obviously don't need any reference letter for the fund transfer officer since you're not claiming point for that.

Ok, thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cookies: 2:03am On Mar 15, 2017
boldinc:
Only 3 years of work experience is required. With he 4 you have as an HR officer, you do not need the NYSC experience...

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olamitayo: 5:49am On Mar 15, 2017
Hi house, please has anyone gotten an ican evaluation done By IQAS. How long did it take for ICaN to send the transcript? Is it a stalling process or I just go ahead and evaluate my bsc. Please a quick response is needed as I want to pay for the evaluation and need to know if to include ican or not.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 6:09am On Mar 15, 2017
olamitayo:
Hi house, please has anyone gotten an ican evaluation done By IQAS. How long did it take for ICaN to send the transcript? Is it a stalling process or I just go ahead and evaluate my bsc. Please a quick response is needed as I want to pay for the evaluation and need to know if to include ican or not.

*modified

To the best of my knowledge, IQAS doesn't evaluate ICAN positively i.e. as a professional qualification like ACCA.

You can evaluate your highest educational qualification.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 6:19am On Mar 15, 2017
Yes... That's what the LOE should state and she signs. There's no specific format for it.

tribeD:

Please what will the format of the LoE from my wife be like. Is it a formal letter addresses to IRCC stating that the money she transferred to me is in support of our PR plans and then she signs? Please someone help clarify this please

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ysmd: 6:24am On Mar 15, 2017
[quote author=olamitayo post=54599722]Hi house, please has anyone gotten an ican evaluation done By IQAS. How long did it take for ICaN to send the transcript? Is it a stalling process or I just go ahead and evaluate my bsc. Please a quick response is needed as I want to pay for the evaluation and need to know if to include ican or not. [/quonte]

Ican is not comparable to a Canadian degree with WES. With Acca you stand a better chance as it recognised. IQAS does not assess Ican. But you can still give it a try.You just have to keep following up till they send the transcript
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by studyexec: 6:34am On Mar 15, 2017
40manlappy:

IQAS is currently overwhelmed with a large volume of applications. Understandably, a lot of applicants are switching to them due to their faster processing.

For instance, they have a backlog as they are yet to open surface mails that came in from last week Wednesday.

Give them till the end of this week, you should be able to get an acknowledgement from them by then.

Thanks for the responses everyone. IQAS has now sent an email acknowledgement.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olamitayo: 6:48am On Mar 15, 2017
40manlappy:

To the best of my knowledge, IQAS doesn't evaluate professional certificates.

You can evaluate your highest educational qualification.

40manlappy: thanks alot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olamitayo: 6:49am On Mar 15, 2017
[quote author=ysmd post=54600040][/quote]

Ysmd: thanks for the quick response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bigfido: 6:54am On Mar 15, 2017
keleto:
Good day house. I really appreciate what is going on here. Please I have a question to ask here.
1) am expecting my visa to be out any moment from now. Is actually a TWO YEAR WORK VISA.
my issues now is that I don't know if I will still be asked at point of entry to show POF.. and how much do you think I can go to Canada with, to sustain me before I get a job.
2) what and what am I supposed to travel with, as I don't have anybody when I land.
3)can someone advise me as per short stay hotel and permanent accommodation.
3)i studied electrical engineering, so which of the state will I be able to get a job quickly.
4)do you think I can go for a menial job first before I settle for a full time professional job. How do I go about it.
5)how do I really go about job hunting and accommodation.
6)how do I get a work permit

Please I need response s plus. Help your fellow brother in the struggle.

this is conflicting
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ysmd: 7:13am On Mar 15, 2017
Hello Kehara having a cpa could mean an increase in score if mentioned under certificate of qualification from a Canadian province. not very certain about this as I stand to be corrected.

Pls how did you get Canadian cpa.what the process. I also have Ican and I don't mind getting a cpa Canada to boost my scores.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jugzy: 8:19am On Mar 15, 2017
Hello all,

Please I have the following questions:

1. When uploading docs for pof should I also upload other supporting documents like deed of gift, tenancy agreement, property documents tht show source of fund , LOE for pof, in the POF folder?

2. I also have some areas I want to write LOE for should I merge the LOE in a single document and give each aspect clear headings?

3. I was employed with a different NOC but I have since switched departments. I have been working in the department related to the NOC I am claiming points for, for about 6 years now. I got a reference letter detailing all the units I have worked with including the ones not related to my NOC. Is this okay pls?

4. I got my bank certificate yesterday. The bank did not include credit card balance/debt as requested by CIC. I don't have a credit card though but I was wondering if CIC will accept it. All other pieces of information requested by CIC were in the bank certificate. I also have my bank statement. Should I upload the bank certificate like that?

5. I read on the thread tht I can remove my spouses's work history and include it under personal history since I'm not claiming points for it. To do this successfully, I had to click NO when asked if he has a work history. Is this ok pls?

Please excuse my plenty questions. Kindly oblige me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (330) (331) (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.