Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2604338 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 10:48am On Mar 30, 2017
Topmag:
please house, Is having 2years and 6 months experience on a Job equivalent to 3years or remains 2 years, started September 2014 .thanks

It is exactly what it is - 2 years and 6 months.

I'd advise you wait 6 more months until you accumulate the required 3 years . You can use this wait time to study for your IELTS...and probably write the exam.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deeore: 11:09am On Mar 30, 2017
hello all, and tanx for the response as regards the merging of files question. please I need your clarity on some issues,
1) is the 3years work experience one of the criterias for ita or 1yr work experience.i have up to 6yrs experience minus nysc,but I just want to understand that aspect properly.
2) would only a letter of explanation suffice for reason for name change or it must be supported with a legal document
3) I have invested in treasury bills , ie part of my pof is invested in treasury bills, what document would I use to show proof
4) is my bank statement still required even if my pof is not in there?
5) is the letter of explanation a formal letter?

please assist as I really need to understand this aspects well

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Babachi: 11:15am On Mar 30, 2017
Topmag:
please house, Is having 2years and 6 months experience on a Job equivalent to 3years or remains 2 years, started September 2014 .thanks
it depends on the total number of hours worked for the 6months. if its 1560hrs its up to a year. its on the cic website
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Babachi: 11:20am On Mar 30, 2017
Eghosa123:
Hello All, I'm using deed if gift for my pof.
Is it okay to show the money in a savings account that I don't have activity on? I have a loan on my salary account and I don't want any interference with the POF so I'm not using my salary account for it.
I believe its ok, did the same
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TDELTD: 11:23am On Mar 30, 2017
Ehrnie:

No. you don't need the above documents before entering the pool.

All the best!

The more i read through this thread, the more i get scared and worried that i have not done something right. Here is my predicament.

In my personal history tab, all i have is my Uni and previous jobs (it mentions activities within the last 10 years). I initially did not make any mention or reference to NYSC in my eAPR but i am having second thoughts. Here are my questions

1. Is it ok to refer to my NYSC as just the 3 weeks spent in the orientation camp and claim the rest of the NYSC year as work experience? - Reason i ask this is that my first job is where i did my NYSC and its in that work experience i am claiming my NOC because it is actually what i studied in UNI. The reference letter from the organisation does not refer or mention anything about NYSC.

Should i get them to write another reference letter which will divide the 1st of the 2 years at the organization as NYSC and the other as a staff position?

2. I recently just got approved by 2 professional regulating bodies. Is it necessary to include these under personal history? If yes, under what category in the personal history section?

3. I have scanned through 4 passport cycles, do i need to include all visas from each and every one of my passports or will the last 10 years suffice?

PS: If you are reading this and you have successfully gone through the eAPR phase please, please send me a message,i really really need your help and a little bit of your time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Babachi: 11:34am On Mar 30, 2017
TDELTD:
The more i read through this thread, the more i get scared and worried that i have not done something right. Here is my predicament.

In my personal history tab, all i have is my Uni and previous jobs (it mentions activities within the last 10 years). I initially did not make any mention or reference to NYSC in my eAPR but i am having second thoughts. Here are my questions

1. Is it ok to refer to my NYSC as just the 3 weeks spent in the orientation camp and claim the rest of the NYSC year as work experience? - Reason i ask this is that my first job is where i did my NYSC and its in that work experience i am claiming my NOC because it is actually what i studied in UNI. The reference letter from the organisation does not refer or mention anything about NYSC.

Should i get them to write another reference letter which will divide the 1st of the 2 years at the organization as NYSC and the other as a staff position?

2. I recently just got approved by 2 professional regulating bodies. Is it necessary to include these under personal history? If yes, under what category in the personal history section?

3. I have scanned through 4 passport cycles, do i need to include all visas from each and every one of my passports or will the last 10 years suffice?

PS: If you are reading this and you have successfully gone through the eAPR phase please, please send me a message,i really really need your help and a little bit of your time.
refer to your nysc as employment, you can use unemployed for the first 3weeks
does the personal hx ask for regulating bodies, i believe its more of your activity during a time frame
depends on wat information pops out in the upload passport section.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Babachi: 11:39am On Mar 30, 2017
Nievel:
Hello house.
Please I need your thoughts on this. I have a bank of America account that has about half of POF. I'm thinking of funding it to complete my POF but I'm wondering if this will be okay because I do not work or live in America. Just go on vacations, opened the account during one of my vacations.
Please house let me know what you think. Thanks everyone.
well you can but just know you ll have to provide a letter from the bank detailing your balance in the previous six months
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 12:55pm On Mar 30, 2017
TDELTD:

1. If you do that, your NYSC automatically becomes 11 months unless you were retained after. NYSC is a year, I sincerely you advise that you stick to that. Also, although it tallies with the course you studied in school...I hope you are aware that course and experience don't have to match. You can use any experience as long as it's under Noc 0, A and B.

2.It's not necessary unless it was during a period of unemployment and you want to use it as a gap filler. Even with that, I think under personal history, if you selected education(which this isn't under), you would be asked for degree awarding institute and type of degree(please crosscheck.). Put another way, not important and won't affect your application in any way.

3.Although only your current bio-data page is needed, I think you should still include all. I believe you can scan at 100dpi if they're too much. Either way, you can't go wrong. Way I see it, it helps strengthens your travel history. Don't forget to look at duration spent in those countries and get PCC for them if it runs up to 6 months and more
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 1:21pm On Mar 30, 2017
Answers are inset your questions in bolded.
deeore:
hello all, and tanx for the response as regards the merging of files question. please I need your clarity on some issues,
1) is the 3years work experience one of the criterias for ita or 1yr work experience.i have up to 6yrs experience minus nysc,but I just want to understand that aspect properly. Minimum requirement is 1 year. You get maximum point if you have 3 years work experience
2) would only a letter of explanation suffice for reason for name change or it must be supported with a legal document. Legal documents like affidavit and newspaper publication
3) I have invested in treasury bills , ie part of my pof is invested in treasury bills, what document would I use to show proof. The tbills certificate plus statement of account to show source of funds
4) is my bank statement still required even if my pof is not in there? You still need to get a bank balance certificate to capture your account details and statement to show source of funds for your tbills
5) is the letter of explanation a formal letter? Not really, write it in anyway so far it deals with the issue

please assist as I really need to understand this aspects well
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Chinnie4Jesus: 3:16pm On Mar 30, 2017
Beem4cupid...So if you have tbills you fixed since January and it won't mature till sometime in July, you have the certificate of investment and the bank has also written a reference letter for you for this purpose, you will still have to put in your statement of account? This statement of account I believe should be about 6months. Won't that be too large to be uploaded?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 3:34pm On Mar 30, 2017
You might not necessarily upload 6 months but I say,don't give them a reason to stall your app. You can actually use some app to compress the size of your documents.
Chinnie4Jesus:
Beem4cupid...So if you have tbills you fixed since January and it won't mature till sometime in July, you have the certificate of investment and the bank has also written a reference letter for you for this purpose, you will still have to put in your statement of account? This statement of account I believe should be about 6months. Won't that be too large to be uploaded?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 30, 2017
Thetherapist:

Oh! Thanks a lot. That's like 2 months in all.

Check your mail l have responded to your PM follow up
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deeore: 3:42pm On Mar 30, 2017
Beem4cupid:
Answers are inset your questions in bolded.

Thanks beems4cupid, really appreciate. Just for confirmation the bank certificate entails what, addressed to who and how many months statement. can I submit more than one statement.I know this issue has been treated but I don't know how to use the search engine here, it brings up a lot of stories.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Chinnie4Jesus: 4:02pm On Mar 30, 2017
Beem4cupid:
You might not necessarily upload 6 months but I say,don't give them a reason to stall your app. You can actually use some app to compress the size of your documents.

Ok, I get it now. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 4:49pm On Mar 30, 2017
Hi All -

I am trying to compress/shrink/reduce my PoF. I have used the "smallpdf" website, but still the size is too large to upload into my eAPR. Any other suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by needy: 5:55pm On Mar 30, 2017
Pls how long is the money suppose to be in my account before my account statement becomes acceptable?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chi17: 6:23pm On Mar 30, 2017
dannio:

Leave the money.Its your account and you have accumulated the funds for this purpose.Let not your hands itch you and before you know it you would have diverted the funds to other use.

This is quite funny...lol. but what i meant was, do i have to show that there is activity in the account or is it ok for the money to just be idle since its not in a fixed deposit account. I wasnt going to be tempted to divert the funds ooo ahh.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by folamingo: 6:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
Try pdfcompressor.com

Ehrnie:
Hi All -

I am trying to compress/shrink/reduce my PoF. I have used the "smallpdf" website, but still the size is too large to upload into my eAPR. Any other suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 6:59pm On Mar 30, 2017
It can be addressed to IRCC and has info like your account details- date of opening,acct number, balance as at date of issue. When requesting from your bank,ask them to include details of your tbills with them though you will still submit the tbills cert with ur app. If you have more than one acct in the bank where your tbills is, then you might have to submit all accts there. 6 months statement since most banks don't give the average balance as specified by IRCC.
deeore:

Thanks beems4cupid, really appreciate. Just for confirmation the bank certificate entails what, addressed to who and how many months statement. can I submit more than one statement.I know this issue has been treated but I don't know how to use the search engine here, it brings up a lot of stories.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 7:00pm On Mar 30, 2017
Try ilovepdf.com
Ehrnie:
Hi All -

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 7:04pm On Mar 30, 2017
Beem4cupid:
Try ilovepdf.com

Thanks for your response. I used this before asking for help, but it's still too large lol. Any other suggestions?

What if all the PoF cannot fit?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 7:05pm On Mar 30, 2017
folamingo:
Try pdfcompressor.com

Thanks! I will try this...hopefully it works.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by teeoba: 9:23pm On Mar 30, 2017
Hello house,
Is it okay if your proof of funds is in excess of the requirement for your family size?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:36pm On Mar 30, 2017
Ehrnie:

Thanks for your response. I used this before asking for help, but it's still too large lol. Any other suggestions?

What if all the PoF cannot fit?

Try to shrink an already shrunken one using another app.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:39pm On Mar 30, 2017
teeoba:
Hello house,
Is it okay if your proof of funds is in excess of the requirement for your family size?

The more, the merrier better. grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chi17: 10:38pm On Mar 30, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:

The more, the merrier better. grin

Hello house, Pls how can I convert my ielts results to CLB

R 7
W 6.5
L 6
S 8
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 5:49am On Mar 31, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:

Try to shrink an already shrunken one using another app.

Will try that too...thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 31, 2017
chi17:

Hello house, Pls how can I convert my ielts results to CLB

R 7
W 6.5
L 6
S 8

check these links l believe it will help:http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-language-converter.html and to understand the conversion view https://www.centennialcollege.ca/ielts/test-results/canadian-language-benchmarks/
if you wish to calculate check this link http://www.fsw2014.info/ielts-calculator/
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ddu: 9:46am On Mar 31, 2017
Great work and well done everyone!

Pls., anybody with a reliable contact in Fed. Polytechnic Offa Kwara State?
We have being on spouse's Transcript since January.
Kindly help us out.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MrsAkin: 10:20am On Mar 31, 2017
hello all, please has anyone processed trancript from NDA? I need a contact there please.

MrsAkin:
Good evening House.
Please has anyone on this thread processed transcript from Nigeria Defence Academy? I wish to begin the WES process but don't know who to contact there or how to begin. Thank you in advance smiley and God bless.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:00am On Mar 31, 2017
MrsAkin:
hello all, please has anyone processed trancript from NDA? I need a contact there please.

Why not send a mail on enquiry on how to go about it.I saw this on their website

Contact US

For more information on our academy, Please contact our administrative team

Address:

Nigerian Defence Academy,
Kaduna,
Kaduna State.
Email: info@nda.edu.ng

Academy Headquarters : hqnda@nda.edu.ng
Academy Provost : academyprovost@nda.edu.ng
Academy Registrar : academyregistrar@nda.edu.ng
Academy Public Relations Officer : apro@nda.edu.ng
Director of ICT : dict@nda.edu.ng
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TDELTD: 11:18am On Mar 31, 2017
00DE00:

1. If you do that, your NYSC automatically becomes 11 months unless you were retained after. NYSC is a year, I sincerely you advise that you stick to that. Also, although it tallies with the course you studied in school...I hope you are aware that course and experience don't have to match. You can use any experience as long as it's under Noc 0, A and B.

2.It's not necessary unless it was during a period of unemployment and you want to use it as a gap filler. Even with that, I think under personal history, if you selected education(which this isn't under), you would be asked for degree awarding institute and type of degree(please crosscheck.). Put another way, not important and won't affect your application in any way.

3.Although only your current bio-data page is needed, I think you should still include all. I believe you can scan at 100dpi if they're too much. Either way, you can't go wrong. Way I see it, it helps strengthens your travel history. Don't forget to look at duration spent in those countries and get PCC for them if it runs up to 6 months and more

Thank you so much for getting back to me.

1. I got retained in my first job and worked with them for one year after completion of NYSC. In your opinion do you think it is necessary for the company to make any reference to NYSC as i was in the same role for the 2 years i worked with them. The letter just simply states that i worked with them for a period of 2 years. I will proceed and indicate it in the personal details section the 1 year NYSC period and put it under employment.

2. Can you please send me your contact details, there is something i would like to discuss with you about NOC.

3. I will attach all passport pages. Thanks. Please get back to me ASAP.

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.