Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,200 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (450) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599831 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by meagainstdem: 10:12pm On May 14, 2017
pachos129081141:

Please, someone help...

Please read that instruction carefully, I think the standard mail version applies to within Canada only. Otherwise, the international courier applies. I stand to be corrected please.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 14, 2017
Adiahabasi:
Not recommended. Remember the GTB guy that was banned for something similar?

How will they know? My offer letter confirmation letter and everything is genuine. And i actually worked in the actual period. So how will dey find out?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by behati: 10:40pm On May 14, 2017
Adiahabasi:
Not recommended. Remember the GTB guy that was banned for something similar?
As a last resort, he can actually get his supervisor to write on a plain paper, attach his ID card or other means of ID and notarise it. Even CIC recognizes that some people are going to face this challenge and they recommended that such people attach proof of efforts made to obtain such letters, then go ahead to submit every other document that can prove work experience. I read the GTB case and the facts of that case was very different, first they had colleagues write the letters for them as though it were written by HR, and when they learned that CIC had sent verification mails to GTB, they quickly had same colleague send emails to CIC, whereas GTB later sent email confirming that they were employees as well as their grade level but refused to mention duties and job role. I think they did that because most banks wont give you such letters while you're still in active service, hence they tried to 'play smart'. All the facts of that case showed that they did misrepresent perhaps by the documents they provided.

However, i think the OP should be worried about how his employer may respond to CIC if they try to verify his work experience seeing that he didnt leave on a clean slate.

That being said, he MUST get a letter shwing his job duties either from his employer or a former supervisor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:55pm On May 14, 2017
behati:
As a last resort, he can actually get his supervisor to write on a plain paper, attach his ID card or other means of ID and notarise it. Even CIC recognizes that some people are going to face this challenge and they recommended that such people attach proof of efforts made to obtain such letters, then go ahead to submit every other document that can prove work experience. I read the GTB case and the facts of that case was very different, first they had colleagues write the letters for them as though it were written by HR, and when they learned that CIC had sent verification mails to GTB, they quickly had same colleague send emails to CIC, whereas GTB later sent email confirming that they were employees as well as their grade level but refused to mention duties and job role. I think they did that because most banks wont give you such letters while you're still in active service, hence they tried to 'play smart'. All the facts of that case showed that they did misrepresent perhaps by the documents they provided.

However, i think the OP should be worried about how his employer may respond to CIC if they try to verify his work experience seeing that he didnt leave on a clean slate.

That being said, he MUST get a letter shwing his job duties either from his employer or a former supervisor.

I resigned from the bank on my own terms and was handed over my benefits and a proper acceptance of resignation. Ill try and request for it but mehn those guys are sturborn and adamant. I still owe credit card fees and am sure dey wud hold me there. Thanks for your explanation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Omonjoe(m): 4:05am On May 15, 2017
Please someone should enlighten me on this

Can I create EE profile with awaiting ECA from WES? Was told the ECA reference number will be IMM added to reference number I have already.

Any consequences??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:12am On May 15, 2017
meagainstdem:

Please read that instruction carefully, I think the standard mail version applies to within Canada only. Otherwise, the international courier applies. I stand to be corrected please.
Nope..standard mail is snail movement. 7CAD and that's it.. saving cost with hypertension. But if ur Addy is correct, it'll arrive eventually.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by pachos129081141: 6:07am On May 15, 2017
elfmann:

Nope..standard mail is snail movement. 7CAD and that's it.. saving cost with hypertension. But if ur Addy is correct, it'll arrive eventually.
But do they send soft copy to emails? I guess the soft copy should suffice even if the hard copy doesn't show up. Please advise, cos am trying to cut costs.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:15am On May 15, 2017
pachos129081141:

But do they send soft copy to emails? I guess the soft copy should suffice even if the hard copy doesn't show up. Please advise, cos am trying to cut costs.
It is not regarded as official copy. If u wanna save cost, use IQAS..215CAD. WES is 233CAD with standard mail although u will give a Canadian address for IQAS but u get official copy in ur mailbox and can forgo the hard copy in d fake or real Canadian address.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by pachos129081141: 8:02am On May 15, 2017
elfmann:

It is not regarded as official copy. If u wanna save cost, use IQAS..215CAD. WES is 233CAD with standard mail although u will give a Canadian address for IQAS but u get official copy in ur mailbox and can forgo the hard copy in d fake or real Canadian address.
Thanks a lot, so can I use the WES email copy if the hard copy doesn't deliver on time?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:04am On May 15, 2017
pachos129081141:

Thanks a lot, so can I use the WES email copy if the hard copy doesn't deliver on time?
Bro...repetition is not my thing.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by odrims: 8:10am On May 15, 2017
guys please one of my uncles in Canada directed me here to apply..am sort of a newbie on this thread...can I still apply? where do I start from?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:38am On May 15, 2017
odrims:
guys please one of my uncles in Canada directed me here to apply..am sort of a newbie on this thread...can I still apply? where do I start from?
Page 0.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dtush(f): 8:58am On May 15, 2017
Good day house,

I have my ielts score and iqua evaluation now. Please can anyone direct me on the next steps to take

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 9jabiggurl: 9:09am On May 15, 2017
when did you seat for IELTS and whats your score if you don't mind sharing...

However to start you need to create an Express Entry Profile....

You should find details on page 1 on how to go about creating an EE profile...

Cheers

dtush:
Good day house,

I have my ielts score and iqua evaluation now. Please can anyone direct me on the next steps to take

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by edababa007(m): 9:10am On May 15, 2017
pachos129081141:
Hello guys, please when applying for ECA via WES, should i select standard mail or international courier. The latter is somewhat expensive, and is there any known implication of selecting standard mail?

I selected standard and i got my ECA report under a week..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:59am On May 15, 2017
At what point do you get the ECA reference number. I printed out the forms last nite. Is it when you pay that ur given a reference code?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bonnie1: 10:08am On May 15, 2017
edababa007:

I selected standard and i got my ECA report under a week..

Oh wow, did they deliver to your house or post office?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bonnie1: 10:21am On May 15, 2017
elfmann:

Pls help!!! WES and IQAS wants us to send a photocopy to them via mail. How did you do yours pls? Must I send it via mail? Pls
Help me explain how you did yours and how you paid also cos I don't have a credit card. . Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:26am On May 15, 2017
bonnie1:

Pls help!!! WES and IQAS wants us to send a photocopy to them via mail. How did you do yours pls? Must I send it via mail? Pls
Help me explain how you did yours and how you paid also cos I don't have a credit card. . Thank you.
Use NIPOST. Go create a dollar acct in any bank and pay for the debit card. If u want me to use mine, inbox me.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:29am On May 15, 2017
bonnie1:

Oh wow, did they deliver to your house or post office?
Standard mail goes into post office box or comes to a house address assuming the house is reachable to mail men ..courier needs a house or office address only.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 10:45am On May 15, 2017
obitee69:
At what point do you get the ECA reference number. I printed out the forms last nite. Is it when you pay that ur given a reference code?

@ obitee 69,,@ bonnie1

I advise that u try not to be in too much haste so that u don't miss important steps or misrepresent yourself.
just place iqas on the search button and then read everything others have posted....u will find all the answers u need.
cheers.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:54am On May 15, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

@ obitee 69,,@ bonnie1

I advise that u try not to be in too much haste so that u don't miss important steps or misrepresent yourself.
just place iqas on the search button and then read everything others have posted....u will find all the answers u need.
cheers.

I filled my application through WES
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lumzy1(m): 11:51am On May 15, 2017
sehawale:

Thanks for your response. But I just signed in to my account now and I could not see where to upload additional documents. Has anyone noticed this?

I also noticed that last week but on checking this morning the option box for additional documents is there. Recheck again to confirm if it shows on yours
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vanbaby: 12:01pm On May 15, 2017
good morning house,
i cant thank you all enough for the wonderful job you all have been doing for others.
it has been great reading some vital information that has been shared,may u find favour where ever you all go as well just like you have favoured others her.
i wish had gone through nairaland pages before getting an agent to apply for me i bet i would have done more if i had all of this info.
guys, i am already in the pool and i have my certificate validated by WES did my ielts (got an overall score of 7.5) still my agent said all my point accumulated to only 381. my question now is how can i increase my score to get an invitation.
my work here in nigeria takes all my time but my one month leave is coming up soon so i need to know all i can do within tht time to an invitation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vanbaby: 12:06pm On May 15, 2017
good morning house,
i cant thank you all enough for the wonderful job you all have been doing for others.
it has been great reading some vital information that has been shared,may u find favour where ever you all go as well just like you have favoured others her.
i wish had gone through nairaland pages before getting an agent to apply for me i bet i would have done more if i had all of this info.
guys, i am currently in the pool and i have my certificate validated by WES did my ielts (got an overall score of 7.5) still my agent said all my point accumulated to only 381. my question now is how can i increase my score to get an invitation.
my work here in nigeria takes all my time but my one month leave is coming up soon so i need to know all i can do within tht time to an invitation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 12:10pm On May 15, 2017
vanbaby:
good morning house,
guys, i am already in the pool and i have my certificate validated by WES did my ielts (got an overall score of 7.5) still my agent said all my point accumulated to only 381. my question now is how can i increase my score to get an invitation.

welcome to the DIY(Do It Yourself) forum.
before your leave, start reading from page 0 of this thread.
If u are patient enough to go thru the entire thread, u will find expanded answers to this your query.
However in summary, u need to score better in IELTS in order to boost ur crs score.
book another exam date, source reading materials and target to score a minimum of LSRW 8/7.5/7/7 in the exam.
You could also apply for a PNP or get a higher degree assessed (if u are already in school for it)

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dtush(f): 12:11pm On May 15, 2017
9jabiggurl:
when did you seat for IELTS and whats your score if you don't mind sharing...

However to start you need to create an Express Entry Profile....

You should find details on page 1 on how to go about creating an EE profile...

Cheers

listening 8.5
Reading 8
Speaking 7
Writing 7

Overall of 7.5

and thanks. Lets keep in touch
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 15, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vanbaby: 12:53pm On May 15, 2017
[quote author=ugoiyke79e post=56539602]

thanks alot would try to go through every page when i start my leave.

does anyone have ielts doc i can use, i used the things i saw on the internet to get a higher score i believe i need more than what i used the last time and of course more practise
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 15, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 1:07pm On May 15, 2017
vanbaby:
good morning house,
guys, i am currently in the pool and i have my certificate validated by WES did my ielts (got an overall score of 7.5) still my agent said all my point accumulated to only 381. my question now is how can i increase my score to get an invitation.

Do not use an agent.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.