Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,485 members, 7,840,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2625154 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Onlineise(m): 12:43pm On May 16, 2017
damidamsel:
Hi.......pls i read somewhere on here about filling a schedule A form if you ticked that you had previously been refused visa. Is this true as it wasn't one of the documents requested? If so where do we add this document?

Thanks

Well, I submitted the Schedule A in advance too...its said that you will be requested to submit it later in the process, once you have answered Yes to any of those statutory questions. So why not just submit it under your LOE bar and save yourself sometime.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 9jabiggurl: 12:46pm On May 16, 2017
obitee69:
Pls i just got married and my wife's passport is in her maiden name which will soon expire by july. We are putting in for ielts. Pls should she renew in her maiden name and we back it up with marraige documents? Cos i heard change of name is a very long process and it requires you going to abuja and waiting for more than one month. Its also costly too

I have been married for a while now and all my docs and international passport/visas are all in my maiden name. A marriage cert will suffice in most cases. I stuck with my maiden name because of the stress involved in changing my name on my int'l passport (Abuja runs).....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 12:52pm On May 16, 2017
1stNumeroUno:
Hello house!
Just got my ECA report today from ICAS. I have my IELTS result and my spouse has hers too. What is the next line of action for FSW through EE.

What are you waiting for? Just a dive into the pool immediately! cheesy

Who knows, you may get ITA if a draw should hold tomorrow. Use the tool below to determine your CRS score;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Care to share your IELTS scores and that of spouse?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 1:09pm On May 16, 2017
Onlineise:

Both @bbaby84 and @Dammiehair were spot on. However, If you guys wanna change the name. It has now been decentralized, you can go do it at Ikoyi...it takes abit longer than the regular passports and cost more, but you don't have to go to Abuja. My wife did same cause we were in a similar situation as you are and panicked only to find out later its no biggie once documents are in place to prove the marriage.

Good news! But I think I'll pass either way....
@obitee69

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by winter(f): 1:18pm On May 16, 2017
Thanks a lot!

LordSebastian:
Yes it is a separate document you need to draft which you will then upload. However, it is not mandatory except you have a need to explain something about your application. Some prepare it as a proper formal letter. Mine was not exactly formal as I did not address it to anyone. Key thing is having a clear explanation of what you need to explain.

I also hear signature is not mandatory. Some say it is a preferred option.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bitcoinmilliona: 1:33pm On May 16, 2017
What is the best time for one to start arranging for funds in his account.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 1stNumeroUno: 1:42pm On May 16, 2017
obitee69:

Did your spouse do ECA?

No boss.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bitcoinmilliona: 2:03pm On May 16, 2017
1stNumeroUno:

No boss.

Tot it would fetch extra points?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by studyexec: 2:09pm On May 16, 2017
Dammiehar:

IQAS received my documents on the 8th of this month and I am yet to get any acknowledgement mail from them, still waiting though.

I called IQAS last week Thursday (11th) with regards to my spouse's ECA.
They said we should allow 9 working days from when the Transcript is delivered to them before we will receive an Acknowledgement Email (receipt of academic documents). The lady also said they were about opening transcripts received on the 2nd of May.

We then need to add another 20 working days for processing from when the Acknowledgement Email is received before we get the ECA.
However, the ECA may come much earlier than this. My processing time is on the 13th working day now.

I think we need to compare these timelines with WES, to determine if there really is an advantage using IQAS.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by keleto(m): 2:31pm On May 16, 2017
pls senoirs in the house. i have an issue here........
Ihave already collected my CERTIFICATES and TRANSCRIPTS from my school. Now am trying to do my credential assessment from WES.From their site,it says the school would have to send it directed to them. SO how do i do this.since i cannot send the credential WES office by myself

Pls advice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by japhethGold: 2:49pm On May 16, 2017
PLEASE HELP. I TOOK IELTS SINCE FEB 11 2017 AND WANT TO SUBMIT MY PROFILE BUT IT KEEP GIVING ME SOME NOC SKILLS WORK T IN AREAS LIKE BUTCHER, MINING ETC. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

MY IELTS RESULT IS R-7.0, W-7.5, R-7.0 AND L-6.5.

WHEN I GO AHEAD IT WILL ISSUE ME INELIGIBILITY RESULT.

I HAVE B.SC AND ICAN- A CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT

WHAT DO I DO TO SUBMIT MY PROFILE?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dammysanmi(m): 2:56pm On May 16, 2017
I do not see any issue here. If you are BENT on WES over IQAS, Make sure you school SEALS your transcripts, then send both your certificate and transcripts in the same package through courier (obtain a tracking number from them for traceability). And follow up with WES to acknowledge receipt of BOTH. Voila!
keleto:
pls senoirs in the house. i have an issue here........
Ihave already collected my CERTIFICATES and TRANSCRIPTS from my school. Now am trying to do my credential assessment from WES.From their site,it says the school would have to send it directed to them. SO how do i do this.since i cannot send the credential WES office by myself

Pls advice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ITABABE: 2:58pm On May 16, 2017
Medicals done today. Bank statement and letter pending. Hope to submit this weekend. Weldone people

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 3:16pm On May 16, 2017
ITABABE:
Medicals done today. Bank statement and letter pending. Hope to submit this weekend. Weldone people

Cool. Next to AOR smiley

@japhethGold You have to select the NOC that corresponds to your job. Have you gotten ECA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by isaleko: 3:27pm On May 16, 2017
please who has more info MPNP how long it takes and more? and what does AOR, e- APR mean
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Spatz81: 3:41pm On May 16, 2017
Onlineise:

Well, I submitted the Schedule A in advance too...its said that you will be requested to submit it later in the process, once you have answered Yes to any of those statutory questions. So why not just submit it under your LOE bar and save yourself sometime.

Does it matter if its your spouse that answered yes, especially about visa refusal? would you still need Schedule A in spite?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by seakomol: 3:41pm On May 16, 2017
Hey guys,

For the sake of your sanity, please do not use Iqas for your ECA for now.
1. They are under pressure.
2. They only send out assessments on mondays.
Blood Pressure 151/90

i was able to track via DHL that My transcript and other supporting documents were acknowledged on the 14th of April, 2017. I however didn't get an acknowledgement of receipt till 3rd May, 2017.
i just called Iqas and the representative said i wasn't in the batch sent yesterday that prolly next monday.

Meanwhile a friend that used WES has the following timelines
1. documents receipt acknowledgement 2nd May 2017
2. Eca issued 12th May 2017

Both assessments are for Msc in the UK.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 4:00pm On May 16, 2017
seakomol:
Hey guys,

Blood Pressure 151/90

i was able to track via DHL that My transcript and other supporting documents were acknowledged on the 14th of April, 2017. I however didn't get an acknowledgement of receipt till 3rd May, 2017.
i just called Iqas and the representative said i wasn't in the batch sent yesterday that prolly next monday.

The dynamics are changing.

It is no longer news that IQAS is overwhelmed. A lot of applicants switched to them based on their record processing times thereby giving WES some breathing space.

From 7 days》10 days》15 days and possibly 20 days now. Indeed, previous performance is not an indicator of future performance.

However, it must be noted that both WES and IQAS process UK qualifications faster.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 16, 2017
[quote author=40manlappy post=56562872]

You have already answered your own question. Evaluate what "matters" cool

*Modified

I actually missed the "Canadian" Masters part. Please take time to review the basics.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

Thank you all for responding to my queries! I have been for following this thread for a while, I just needed to be sure of that. By the way, great job by the veterans down here!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 16, 2017
[quote author=DPizzy post=56579502][/quote]
Thank you all for responding to my queries! I have been following this thread for a while, I just needed to be sure of that. By the way, great job by the veterans down here!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Remxyj: 4:22pm On May 16, 2017
Help Help Help
I got an ITA last month and since then have had mixed feelings whether to accept it or decline cos noticed errror in my express application after I got an ita
Firstly, My wife stated in her work experience that she's self employed in poultry and this a business that she dose behind the house and sells to final consumer. The business is not even registered, now i have read that accompanying spouse will also prove their work experience even doh no crs point has been awarded for this. She can't even meet up with cic self employment requirement.
Secondly she stated in her application that she has a relative in Canada who's her cousin but she chose aunt. Now all the documents she and her sister has to tender will only prove she's her cousin not aunt. Will this not amount to a misrepresentation? Or can we remove this from our application after an ITA has been received. I recalculated my point and i noticed nothing has changed cos they didn't even ask questions concerning relative in Canada or wife's work experience.
Please advice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Lochinny: 4:27pm On May 16, 2017
Please I'm still waiting for a response

Lochinny:
My results came out and i got L-8,R-6.5,W-7.5,S-6.5.
I'm so confident with my self especially with speaking..
And if i get at least 7 in those 2. My score would be up to 450..
Would like to give it a try before thinking of rewriting

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Lochinny: 4:27pm On May 16, 2017
No one has answered me o

Lochinny:
Please has anyone done eca with mcc here? My husband is the principal applicant but i want to apply for ita too anyone that works fine we go for it.. my crs scores are higher than his bc of age
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 4:50pm On May 16, 2017
Remxyj:
Help Help Help
I got an ITA last month and since then have had mixed feelings whether to accept it or decline cos noticed errror in my express application after I got an ita
Firstly, My wife stated in her work experience that she's self employed in poultry and this a business that she dose behind the house and sells to final consumer. The business is not even registered, now i have read that accompanying spouse will also prove that work experience even doh not Crs point has been awarded for this. She can't even meet up with cic self employment requirement.
Secondly she stated in her application that she has a relative in Canada who's her cousin but she chose aunt. Now all the documents she and her sister has to tender will only prove she's her cousin not aunt. Will this not amount to a misrepresentation? Or can we remove this from our application after an ITA has been received. I recalculated my point and i noticed nothing has changed cos they didn't even ask questions concerning relative in Canada or wife's work experience.
Please advice

1. Not a problem. Fill her work experience in the "personal history" section only since you are not claiming points on this.

2. Not sure about this but since you did not claim points on siblings (not even available until June 6) you may edit in e-APR or remove completely.

cc Babachi, LordSebastian, Onlineise, optionese

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Onlineise(m): 4:53pm On May 16, 2017
Spatz81:

Does it matter if its your spouse that answered yes, especially about visa refusal? would you still need Schedule A in spite?

Yes please, in my case the "Yes" was actually for my madam and I am the PA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 4:57pm On May 16, 2017
i cant confidently say WES is now better seeing that the timelines are almost same. what makes WES harder is that your documents have to be sent back to your school for verification. so you have to battle your school wahala twice. if your school is like mine OOU , then i dont even know.also lawyers dont have a choice as WES does not give the maximum points as stated by CIC
talking about timelines , your 20 working days is not up yet so why where you expecting your ECA on monday
am using IQAS for my sister i expect an online report 3rd of June

seakomol:
Hey guys,

Blood Pressure 151/90

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 5:00pm On May 16, 2017
yes the advice works perfectly

40manlappy:

1. Not a problem. Fill her work experience in the "personal history" section only since you are not claiming points on this.

2. Not sure about this but since you did not claim points on siblings (not even available until June 6) you may edit in e-APR or remove completely.

cc Babachi, LordSebastian, Onlineise, optionese

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 5:03pm On May 16, 2017
i think @vcole . check her posts

Lochinny:
No one has answered me o

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 5:07pm On May 16, 2017
I just finished speaking to a lady at IQAS concerning my documents that were received on May 8th, she confirmed receipt, but said that batch have not been opened yet, and that is why they have not sent any acknowledgement mail. She also said that they are receiving a very high volume of application for assessment, but they are hoping to complete every case with 15 days of receiving all documents. I don't know when that would be for me as my transcripts is stuck somewhere in Canada with Canada Post, not updating at all. My school in the UK sent it through regular post, and I just realized that Canada Post is the worst postal service in the western world.Online reviews shows that it can take 3 weeks for them to deliver within Canada, while it took Royal Mail 2 days to send it the UK to Canada. I just regret not paying for DHL.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Remxyj: 5:14pm On May 16, 2017
optionese:
yes the advice works perfectly

Thanks for the advice. But this information was given in the express entry profile before an ITA was given, are you advising we should remove it in the work experience section on the permanent residence form and leave it in the work history?
In the Crs point break down I did not see any point awarded based on the relative she said she has in Canada and we can't even edit it cos cousins are not listed as part of relatives and she chose aunty so the only option is to remove it.
Hope all dese changes will not show dishonesty and get the application rejected because I tot we are not allowed to change the informations given in express entry form after an ITA as been issued and all other documents are ready for submission. This image is for clarity. Please advice
cc Babachi, LordSebastian, Onlineise, optionese, 40manlappy

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 9jabiggurl: 5:18pm On May 16, 2017
Lochinny:
My results came out and i got L-8,R-6.5,W-7.5,S-6.5.
I'm so confident with my self especially with speaking..
And if i get at least 7 in those 2. My score would be up to 450..
Would like to give it a try before thinking of rewriting

whats the question here? Would think you were only speaking out your mind not specifically asking a question. Can you rephrase with a question so gurus can help.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 16, 2017

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.