Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,829 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (478) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2608068 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temmytee1(f): 2:45pm On May 26, 2017
dammysanmi:
If you have your UK certificate ready, just fax/mail a copy to them and arrange for your transcripts to be sent to WES. Nigerian degrees are harder to evaluate, skip your Nigerian degree unless if you are ready to wait for 1-3 months!
please do you have an idea of how long on average it takes WES to assess a UK certificate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:07pm On May 26, 2017
egariyi:

Morden is an immigration program run by Saskacheun Province for Carpenters, tailors or seamstresses. I dont know the formalities or how the programme is managed but am sure you can google out your answers.

It is an immigration program under Manitoba Provincial Nomination Program (MPNP)

You can check the link for full details http://www.canadavisa.com/immigration-morden-manitoba.html
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by nikkycool(f): 3:22pm On May 26, 2017
dannio:

It is an immigration program under Manitoba Provincial Nomination Program (MPNP)

You can check the link for full details http://www.canadavisa.com/immigration-morden-manitoba.html
Thanks for the info.Will read it up.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by eldaygee: 3:36pm On May 26, 2017
WRONG!!

merrymum:

I don't know what credentials you are evaluating but only a first degree BEFORE any other PG diploma/degree counts as 2 or more certificates. So if you evaluated say OND and BSC (and u maybe used ur ND to get direct entry to uni), it doesn't count as 2 or more certifications.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 3:56pm On May 26, 2017
eldaygee:

WRONG!!

So what's the correct answer?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by keni: 3:57pm On May 26, 2017
eldaygee:

WRONG!!

Please explain as this is the understanding I have too, the degree should come before the diploma before it can be counted as 2 or more certficate

Please respond so we can all learn
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by harriseen(m): 4:04pm On May 26, 2017
Pls for the police certificate must it be gotten from Alagbon, Ikoyi, can't it be gotten from and other place outside Lagos?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 4:16pm On May 26, 2017
Wow! Great IELTS scores guys. Well done.
Fingers crossed for hubby and I in the next 2 weeks.

Regarding the withheld results, I heard some of the papers for the 13th May leaked so they are withholding some for investigation.
Also, sometimes they randomly select some scripts for further assessment so it may not be released early.

Well done all!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 26, 2017
40manlappy:

Congrats. You people really vex for IELTS cheesy

Take a dive into the pool if you already have your ECA.

That's the thing. I don't have ECA yet, haven't even started the process. With the delay people here keeping complaint of, as regards WES, I don't know if to use them, or IQAS.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 4:25pm On May 26, 2017
Reasonabledoubt:

That's the thing. I don't have ECA yet, haven't even started the process. With the delay people here keeping complaint of, as regards WES, I don't know if to use them, or IQAS.

Right now, its difficult to say, because IQAS received my credentials on the 8th of May, and up till now I am yet to get any acknowledgement from them. My transcripts were just delivered on Wednesday, so I think I am in for a long wait. However, despite all these people are still saying they are faster than WES, especially with naija qualifications. WES wastes a lot of time with degrees/diplomas from Nigeria because of the back and forth with verification.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 26, 2017
Guys congratulations on your great IELTS scores....but please can you share tips and what materials were used to ace them? Some of us are yet to write and I believe it will go a long way in helping us achieve our desired scores.

Don't just post and go, give back! Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Babachi: 4:33pm On May 26, 2017
Onyeenyeh:
Good Morning All,

I am new on this thread, and just kick-started my express entry application (I literally feel like I have been sleeping on a bicycle). I have tried to read through the thread, so forgive me, if any of my questions are repetitive.

Brief Summary:
Marital Status: Single
Highest Educational level: MPH ( Master of Public Health)
Experience: I have 3+ years, but will only be claiming 1+, as I am not sure of getting reference letters from other places
English Language Proficiency: I am registered to take the IELTS General in the coming month, but from my IELTS Academic, I have a CLB of 9. So hoping to replicate, or even get a CLB of 10, hopefully.

Now to my questions:

1. Is there anyone here who has migrated and works with NGOs or in the area of Health promotion in Canada? What is the outlook like, in terms of how long it took you to land a job?
2. Also, regarding POF, if i understand correctly, I can decide to go with the gift deed option. (a) Can I get a gift deed from my uncle (b) Do I need to wait for six months?
3. I have a three year old cousin who lives with me. Is there any possibility of including him in my application?
4. Between WES and IQAS, which is recommended for evaluation of a foreign degree?

Thank you for taking out time to answer. Hopefully, in the near future, I will be in a position to also answer someone else's questions.
As for the gift deed u dnt have to wait for 6months.
dont think you can add your cousin to your application. try checking for sponsorship application to know if he qualifies
IQAS has been faster of recent
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by merrymum: 4:37pm On May 26, 2017
eldaygee:

WRONG!!

Ok
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Onlineise(m): 4:43pm On May 26, 2017
harriseen:
Pls for the police certificate must it be gotten from Alagbon, Ikoyi, can't it be gotten from and other place outside Lagos?

No other place in Nigeria sef...all request must touch base at Alagbon CID (at least as of now)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dammysanmi(m): 4:48pm On May 26, 2017
I'm not sure, but its definitely shorter than evaluating a Nigerian Degree. It should not exceed 20 working days after WES gets your transcripts/certificate. Just search for 'UK', im sure you'll get an average timeline.

temmytee1:

please do you have an idea of how long on average it takes WES to assess a UK certificate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 4:52pm On May 26, 2017
Reasonabledoubt:

Dammiehar has said it all. If your qualification is Nigerian, I suggest that you go with IQAS.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Elixir123: 4:56pm On May 26, 2017
Good evening all and congrats to those who aced their ielts exams .I've been trying to upload my id on British council site but it's not going through .
Any suggestions ? I've been at for almost an hour
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 4:58pm On May 26, 2017
Dammiehar:

Right now, its difficult to say, because IQAS received my credentials on the 8th of May, and up till now I am yet to get any acknowledgement from them. My transcripts were just delivered on Wednesday, so I think I am in for a long wait. However, despite all these people are still saying they are faster than WES, especially with naija qualifications. WES wastes a lot of time with degrees/diplomas from Nigeria because of the back and forth with verification.

There's a trick to this iqas thing. How many working days did they say to expect a mail. If your days is past, please call them. Don't let them blow you off. If you slack , their plate is full they will drop your file at the corner. Cos their commitment only starts when the file is in line for processing.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ITABABE: 4:59pm On May 26, 2017
Everyone must use Alagbon for pcc. It is stated clearly on cic
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 4:59pm On May 26, 2017
Elixir123:
Good evening all and congrats to those who aced their ielts exams .I've been trying to upload my id on British council site but it's not going through .
Any suggestions ? I've been at for almost an hour

Shut down your browser and start all over. If it persit. Do it late at night or in the morning. Also check your network connection

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Elixir123: 5:11pm On May 26, 2017
optionese:

Shut down your browser and start all over. If it persit. Do it late at night or in the morning. Also check your network connection
OK sir,will follow these suggestions asap .
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 5:22pm On May 26, 2017
optionese:

There's a trick to this iqas thing. How many working days did they say to expect a mail. If your days is past, please call them. Don't let them blow you off. If you slack , their plate is full they will drop your file at the corner. Cos their commitment only starts when the file is in line for processing.

I have called them twice now. They have even changed their acknowledgement time to several days after they receive your documents on their website. Nothing specific, honestly I am tired.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 26, 2017
optionese:

The thing with IQAS is previously it stated nine days but in order not to be held accountable they updated their site recently and it now says 'several days'
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tollu: 5:26pm On May 26, 2017
Hehehe, Ontario just sent me PNP invite.
Mscheeew, with my 465 points abi? Thunder faya devil!
Funny thing is, sometime last year, cut off points were crazy high, I thought for sure that I'd be going through OINP.

Thanks to God for sanity in the points now o.

Jejely adjusting my chair and waiting for the next draw.

P.S
Sinister thought, what if next draw shoots up to 466? Hehehe
Irokuro.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 26, 2017
Onlineise:

No other place in Nigeria sef...all request must touch base at Alagbon CID (at least as of now)

Na so o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 5:39pm On May 26, 2017
Charmingdivah:

The thing with IQAS is previously it stated nine days but in order not to be held accountable they updated their site recently and it now says 'several days'

Ok wow, now you can't even drag them. Anyway once it past 9 days of receipt you should call them. I am ashamed to say how many times I called embarassed (whispers maybe 20times) *covers eyes* I can be very persistent. However my sister documents I called only twice. Her return time was also good. Call again on monday
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by harriseen(m): 6:07pm On May 26, 2017
dannio:

Na so o

ok, can someone pick it up for you?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekinado: 6:15pm On May 26, 2017
Good evening House!
Please can I start my ECA before my IELTS?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sweetrie(f): 6:35pm On May 26, 2017
Ekinado:
Good evening House!
Please can I start my ECA before my IELTS?
Thanks
Yes you can.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 6:37pm On May 26, 2017
tollu:
Funny thing is, sometime last year, cut off points were crazy high, I thought for sure that I'd be going through OINP.

P.S
Irokuro.

If na joke, abeg stop am oh grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 26, 2017
tollu:

P.S
Irokuro.
Hahaha..no way. They shld better go for 380 and below oh.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lumsyboy: 6:42pm On May 26, 2017
Good evening house,

I have a Bsc degree in geography (4 years course) and another Bsc degree in Business Information Systems (3 years course).

Can I apply using 2 certificates or I need to use just one of the certificate since they are both Bsc.

(1) (2) (3) ... (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.