Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (480) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2610850 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ajiifixing(m): 10:55pm On May 26, 2017
Beem4cupid:
As far as you don't create the one key account, I think you should have sufficient time to see if you will get direct ITA but once you create the one key, na 14 days ooo.

Under the Human Capital Priorities (HCP) Stream, once you receive your Notification of Interest, you have 6 months to submit a complete application to the OINP. In addition, under the HCP Stream, you must submit your application to the OINP within 14 calendar days of registering your profile
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Java47: 10:59pm On May 26, 2017
Guys,

For the POF, which is better, the requested financial profile or six months statement?

Bear in mind, the account balance hasn't been up to a million. It spiked up to about three million in one month. Is there a way to go about it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 11:05pm On May 26, 2017
elfmann:

Must IRCC do draws?

See question cheesy

If they don't do draws, how will you get ITA? Take time o grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 26, 2017
40manlappy:

See question cheesy

If they don't do draws, how will you get ITA? Take time o grin
To invite 14 pple? OK 143!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Trikings2000: 4:29am On May 27, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Good scores, I hope wifey is PA?

Wifey would have been. But she is a pharmacist, which will mean that her credentials have to be reviewed by PEBC with respect to a particular province. Hence we felt it will be much easier using my profile as the PA. U knw u also have to consider the ease of getting a Job. You knw hw it is for pharmacist and the requirements before they are allowed to practice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 4:35am On May 27, 2017
Trikings2000:

Congrats on your scores!

When a woman is convinced, they can sacrifice it all. It can just be difficult to convince them.

Kindly share(you and your wife) with us some tips.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 6:25am On May 27, 2017
ltee:

Thanks, do I attach the LOE on the upload place or I do a case specific enquiry? Please advise further.

I think you should just reapond thru d means u were contacted.

If u check ur application, u may likely see a new placeholder for the requested document....i feel u should upload your response there...
you may also direct a mail to your visa officer if u know where ur app is being processed. I am not sure of this pls.

hoping this response isnt too late by now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 6:29am On May 27, 2017
Trikings2000:

Wifey would have been. But she is a pharmacist, which will mean that her credentials have to be reviewed by PEBC with respect to a particular province. Hence we felt it will be much easier using my profile as the PA. U knw u also have to consider the ease of getting a Job. You knw hw it is for pharmacist and the requirements before they are allowed to practice

Oh! Didn't know PEBC was province specific. That's weird. Anyways you being PA isn't bad either, I just like her scores grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:09am On May 27, 2017
Beem4cupid:
And the draw comes out. The onirokuro should be flogged oooo

I think d reason for dis very draw was to give room for trade guyz to participate too as they usually have low CRS points. They also need tbis category of immigrants who will hardly score above 400 which is d threshold lately.

Also giving preference to d PNP guys to support the provinces since the provinces want them perhaps quickly.

To them, it's unnecessary to do skilled workers draw dis week cos of the number they intend to take(over 3000 I guess) merged with the corresponding scores in d pool. I think they don't wanna go below 400 for now.

Considering this trend, I believe Ontario would reduce their nomination score to 370 thereabout. Even d additional points they intend to start giving from june 6 might not sustain tbe cut off at over 400 for a long time. Possible though looking at it from d direction of more people having siblings in Canny as we all relocate.

I forsee d next cutoff going above 415 probably between 420-430 considering d fact dat boiz ain't smiling with IELTS these days.

All da best guyz!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tollu: 7:12am On May 27, 2017
elfmann:

Hahaha..no way. They shld better go for 380 and below oh.

Dammiehar:

If na joke, abeg stop am oh grin grin grin grin grin

I been think say na joke o but IRCC get plans for them mama. See this quote:
Beem4cupid:
And the draw comes out. The onirokuro should be flogged oooo

Yesterday's draw na 775 shocked shocked shocked
Insert song,

"Aiye le o, Ibosi oooo,
Aiye d'orikodo, ko ye mi mo..."

This one is for the oniseowo and Omo folks.

40manlappy:

Just put Ontario on "is coming" and wait for your ITA in the next draw cheesy

Iyen ti certain!

Ajiifixing
No worry jare bro, draw of 775, is that one a draw?
Them just dey play with themselves. Just count this week as drawless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 7:38am On May 27, 2017
Interesting analysis @bigbroda smiley

Though I don't see Ontario going below 400, not to talk of 370.

Even though a lot of people have been declining their NOIs due to the present low cutoff for IRCC's draws, you will agree with me that EE applicants within the 400-410 range are many.

Apart from the fact that people join the pool everyday, the new changes coming from June 6 (additional points) is sure to create a new set of 400-pointers who were previously below the borderline.

So the cutoff of 400 and above for FSW is likely to be sustained for a long time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kontagious(m): 7:43am On May 27, 2017
I hope this helps you and others requesting for transcript from unilag.

I was trying to pay for the transcript Yesterday, but got the error message, after several failed attempts and considering payment needs to be made, I decided to take a quick stop in school (Records and Transcript). I thought there has to be another way of paying other than the platform which was down.

On getting to records office, I was denied access by security personnel, man kept saying the platform is down and it affects the whole school (apparently, all payments in unilag goes through remita, so, it wasn't just transcript that got affected but all sorts of payment).

After much persistence, I was allowed into the records office - room 163, where I was told to raise a bank draft to the tune of applicable amount in favour of Unilag, then bring the draft back to the record office. This I was able to do within 30 minutes.

After getting back to the records office, I was asked if I brought along hard copies of the application, that is, the print out of the transcript application form, WES request form and whatever I deemed fit. I only went for a short stop so I was without any of these documents but all could be gotten within a short time.

To cut the story short, I got the documents and submitted hard copies. I was able to complete the online application as well, as it was scanned copy of the bank draft I uploaded.

In all, what you need do is to raise a bank draft in favor of University of Lagos, then take the draft to room 163 in Senate.

PS: This is only applicable pending functionality of the etranzact/remita platform. You'd be required to write your name, matrix number and course at the back of the bank draft.

philip3:

cheers.
finally contacted someone and was told their website is down and the whole process needs to be done online.
How long did yours take before it got to WES?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammy79: 8:22am On May 27, 2017
Good morning guys just a quick one I go my IM visa with copr two days after my wife gave birth how to I go about adding my baby to additional dependent. Thank u
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:31am On May 27, 2017
Guys, this CRS calculator can it be trusted? I did a calculation with my ielts result this morning and I got 435.

I'm 27, single, have more 3years work experience in the Finance department of a bank.
IELTS score:

L-8
R-8
S-8
W-7

I just want to know how close to actual, the result from this calculator can be. Below is the link I used, gotten from this thread.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 8:39am On May 27, 2017
Reasonabledoubt:
Guys, this CRS calculator can it be trusted? I did a calculation with my ielts result this morning and I got 435.

I'm 27, single, have more 3years work experience in the Finance department of a bank.
IELTS score:

L-8
R-8
S-8
W-7

I just want to know how close to actual, the result from this calculator can be. Below is the link I used, gotten from this thread.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

The tool is ok. I assume you have a Bachelors degree and still got 435 with the profile.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by behati: 8:50am On May 27, 2017
Dammy79:
Good morning guys just a quick one I go my IM visa with copr two days after my wife gave birth how to I go about adding my baby to additional dependent. Thank u
Congrats! There's a link on your AOR letter which can be used to raise a case specific enquiry. Follow to link to inform them of any change to your circumstances including family composition.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Trikings2000: 9:01am On May 27, 2017
Osemigho:

Congrats on your scores!

When a woman is convinced, they can sacrifice it all. It can just be difficult to convince them.

Kindly share(you and your wife) with us some tips.

We used an online paid course tutorial directly from IELTS. The link is http://www.ieltstestonline.com

We paid a standard fee of 59.95USD for 1month access. There is also 3months access.
It contains audio and video tutorial lessons, 15 practise sessions. The written practise sessions are marked by an examiner and feedback with corrections are sent. It also contain over 100 model answers to speaking and writing questions. If you want to read offline they are pdf documents provided which can be downloaded.

Then there are courses on vocabulary, lexis and structure.

Of course you can also have access to lots of sample listening and speaking questions on youtube.

I hope this helps.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by studyexec: 9:34am On May 27, 2017
Momentum2017:
Morning folks,
I just got my IELTS Result
L8.5
W7.5
S7.5
R6.5

I was pretty confident of my Reading performance more than other modules...is there a chance if I seek for remarking?

Had the same reading score in my exam 2months ago. I have applied for EOR for the reading, and also booked for another exam.
EOR is in the 4th week now and BC said it will take 8weeks (+/-). I know the chances of increased score is very slim for reading and listening, but hopefully there may be exceptions, as I have read.
If you are an accompanying spouse, the result should be adequate. If you are the PA, you will surely need better scores. Also consider if you can manage with your results being frozen for up to 8weeks during EOR processing; meaning you cant use it for your EE profile.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:57am On May 27, 2017
I dont get. momentum is on 7.5 overall which is good. why rewrite?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 10:45am On May 27, 2017
Toqunbur:
Pls house, what is AOR

Acceptance of Rent

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 10:56am On May 27, 2017
Lochinny:
I know all this but my husband isn't applying as a pharmacist as his NOC. Thought I said it that time. It was written on cic that pharmacy board is for those applying with *Pharmacist* as NOC.. Ie if the person would want to practise pharmacy in Canada
I'm doing mine through MCC and it's a longer process

Hi, I don't know if you have solved your husbands problem tho but be aware that as far as he is a pharmacist, his eCA must be from PEBC.

Someone on nairaland was refused for this. He tried to outsmart the system by evaluating via another body to save cost. He was refused and re-applied with PEBC ECA.

I heard it's very expenive. Even more than MCC but this cana waka sometimes it's not How fast, but how well!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 10:57am On May 27, 2017
esosa4real:

Acceptance of Rent

Stop asking lielie question, lol
It's actually Acceptance of Receipt

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 10:58am On May 27, 2017
IRCC needs to employ more workers jawe. They have become incredibly very slow with processing of files

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:05am On May 27, 2017
My transcript was confirmed sent by UPS ( int'l courier) on 3rd May 2017. Got a mail from IQAS 26th May, 2017, being yesterday, that my transcript has been received and file now placed in line for processing even with the numerous calls i placed to them from day 1. Anyways, still IQAS over WES for me. ECA i'm also doing with WES is still awaiting verification since April.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:56am On May 27, 2017
Trikings2000:

HI. I am a pharmacist and currently awaiting eca report from pebc. Pebc document evaluation is not in respect to any province. On the application form they only ask for your province of choice, mind you it is also written there that such province can be changed. This province can be changed at the later part which is after writing their pharmacist evaluation and qualifications exams ie before applying for registration as a full pharmacist after passing the exams. For express entry, only doc evaluation by pebc is needed to enter the pool, no exams. Foreign trained pharmacists can work as pharmacist assistant pending the time such individual is registered as a Canadian pharmacist to practice, such jobs aren't difficult to get at all.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ltee: 12:02pm On May 27, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

I think you should just reapond thru d means u were contacted.

If u check ur application, u may likely see a new placeholder for the requested document....i feel u should upload your response there...
you may also direct a mail to your visa officer if u know where ur app is being processed. I am not sure of this pls.

hoping this response isnt too late by now.

Thanks for your advice, I have responded to them while I work to get a new passport during the week. Staying positive. Cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sammyacbxyz: 12:03pm On May 27, 2017
Hi guys, can someone pls look at this situation for me. I am about to apply for the Ontario PNP under human capital priority and all my documents are ready to be uploaded. I intend to apply tomoro. My current CRS score is 401 and my next birthday is first week in september about 3 months from now. My question is,

1. What is the current processing time for OiNP application?

2. Can I still receive PNP after OINP application when my CRS has dropped less than 400 in the pool after my Birthday?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by eyoiba(m): 12:37pm On May 27, 2017
Hello house, my status on the WES site has changed to "Documents Received, review in progress." I sent my certificate via Hellofax. What is the next step to take. Does it mean that they have sent my certificate to my school or i should wait for next instruction from them. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by folem: 12:42pm On May 27, 2017
Hmm.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Pinkygrace(f): 12:55pm On May 27, 2017
Trikings2000:

This is not true, she can do her document evaluation and choose any province , this does not affect her EE, province comes in place after you have cleared your Evaluating and qualifying exams. Besides you can move from one province to the other after qualifying you only need to write jurisprudence exams.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Pinkygrace(f): 1:09pm On May 27, 2017
esosa4real:

Hi, I don't know if you have solved your husbands problem tho but be aware that as far as he is a pharmacist, his eCA must be from PEBC.

Someone on nairaland was refused for this. He tried to outsmart the system by evaluating via another body to save cost. He was refused and re-applied with PEBC ECA.

I heard it's very expenive. Even more than MCC but this cana waka sometimes it's not How fast, but how well!

This might be true, but still not clear with Cic becos they stated if your experience is not in community, hospital or industrial pharmacy you can use was.
To be on a safe side he should just do with PEBC.

c.f. esosareal : The cost is registration with pharmacy gateway=$325+tax and documents evaluation fee =$600

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Elixir123: 1:25pm On May 27, 2017
sammyacbxyz:
Hi guys, can someone pls look at this situation for me. I am about to apply for the Ontario PNP under human capital priority and all my documents are ready to be uploaded. I intend to apply tomoro. My current CRS score is 401 and my next birthday is first week in september about 3 months from now. My question is,

1. What is the current processing time for OiNP application?

2. Can I still receive PNP after OINP application when my CRS has dropped less than 400 in the pool after my Birthday?

Pls go ahead with the OINP ,there's no harm in trying and by your next birthday,you lose 5 points and , it will be tough to get either OINP or EE ITA as I don't see either going below 400. Seniors can answer as to the processing period for OINP
All the best

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (477) (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.