Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,390 members, 7,861,096 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:13 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (533) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2648173 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chigrad: 1:20pm On Jun 10, 2017
@AZeD1. Pls can you help me with this question of mine. I worked in firm A from May 2013- Oct 2014 Firm B: Nov 2014- till. Do I say my work experience is three years i.e including Firm A, or my total work experience for this application is two years since it would be three years by Nov. Pls help a novice. This question is in respect of the application in which I'm the PA. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jpepper: 1:22pm On Jun 10, 2017
Hello Everyone

I have an issue with my CRS score and was wondering if anyone here could guide me as to what I did wrong. After I completed my EE profile, I noticed that I had no points for arranged employment/valid job offer. I do have a job here and I selected yes for that question while completing my profile, the job is also included in my work history as I am currently working in Canada(came here on a study permit so I have a PGWP). I am not sure why I am not getting any points for my job here, I understand that my Canadian work experience score will be 0 because I have not been working for up to one year but for valid job offer I should get the points. I don't know if it has to do with my response to the LMIA questions which was negative in all cases because I didn't need an LMIA for my work permit or job offer. Any clues as to what could be wrong. As of now my point is 409 which is quite low, I am missing 50 points from the Valid job offer

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jpepper: 1:31pm On Jun 10, 2017
jpepper:
Hello Everyone

I have an issue with my CRS score and was wondering if anyone here could guide me as to what I did wrong. After I completed my EE profile, I noticed that I had no points for arranged employment/valid job offer. I do have a job here and I selected yes for that question while completing my profile, the job is also included in my work history as I am currently working in Canada(came here on a study permit so I have a PGWP). I am not sure why I am not getting any points for my job here, I understand that my Canadian work experience score will be 0 because I have not been working for up to one year but for valid job offer I should get the points. I don't know if it has to do with my response to the LMIA questions which was negative in all cases because I didn't need an LMIA for my work permit or job offer. Any clues as to what could be wrong. As of now my point is 409 which is quite low, I am missing 50 points from the Valid job offer

I guess i found the answer

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 1:32pm On Jun 10, 2017
Jesuba:

At the expense of sounding silly, i need a clarification(if any one can offer it here).
. if they have your siblings details at the point they traveled showing that you are a sibling.isnt that proof enough. Need to obtain birth certs?

Think about this: Did your sibling upload your birth certificate along with his/her application? Even if he/she did, imagine if VOs have to check that fact for every applicant that has claimed points through a relative considering the volume of applications at hand? Above all, it is a basic requirement from IRCC which I don't think is too difficult to obtain.

It simply makes the job easy for them. Besides, IMO, they can always verify your documents against that of your relative should the need arise.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dogood123456: 1:36pm On Jun 10, 2017
elfmann:

I don't think WES uses the one school sends via transcript. I'm a living example.. Let him put the one on his passport on the forms and may be include his biodatapage. My school messed up my DOB twice (B.Sc and M.Sc), I have the one on my WES form on my ECA report..I didn't even include the passport biodatapage. My B.Sc transcript DOB had a different year..1967 instead of 197& and M.Sc DOB error was on the month..January instead of December.

And WES didn't put the annotation about discrepancy in date of birth? Can anyone is similar situation confirm this? Maybe elfmann was only lucky?

Cc: Chinewon88
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by omesanni: 1:51pm On Jun 10, 2017
omesanni:
I recently collected Police certificate from Alagabon and they gave me a certificate along with the form I filled which has all my finger prints and passport photo. I thought it was weird that they gave me the form.

Now I want to find out if I have to upload the certificate and the form with all my fingerprints(in the document checklist) because am confused as to why they'll give me form in addition to the certificate.

I have uploaded all my documents and am about to pay and this just crossed my mind and so i want to make sure am safe

Can someone else opine on the above question? Anyone who has gone thru this stage before, did you upload both the certificate and the form that all your finger prints?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abby2017: 2:13pm On Jun 10, 2017
I am yet to submit my e-APR but I am going to upload all. I believe the signed and stamped form was issued for a reason, so why leave it out.
So I suggest you upload all, making 3 pages in all,1page PCC and 2pages form. #my2kobo

omesanni:

Can someone else opine on the above question? Anyone who has gone thru this stage before, did you upload both the certificate and the form that all your finger prints?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Amakyzuu: 2:18pm On Jun 10, 2017
LAUTECH and their strke wahala.. I was hoping to evaluate my LAUTECH degree too but because of the strike, i may have to wait to complete my Msc in another institution and also claim more points. LAUTECH transcript request procedure is not difficult. I have applied several times. If u need help with student affairs official that helped me pm me. She will help monitor ur application.
MrOba:
Thank you Toyogurl and Cheapphones.

Like I said I have had a sister who is in her final year in LAUTECH help me check and she confirmed all offices are under lock and key including the Academic and Records offices. However I have sent a mail to the email address provided in the link for the online processing. Once I get a feedback from them I will proceed immediately. Once again many thanks for your contributions. Appreciated.

Another question though, is it compulsory for my spouse to write the IELTS exams even if I don't plan to use it to boost my point? I have used the CRS tool and my point is 425. Do you think this will be enough to get ITA? Thanks!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 2:20pm On Jun 10, 2017
omesanni:

What have you got to lose by uploading the 3 pages? angry

Read the comment of a "landed" senior here (Gy.mme) to another senior (v.cole) that is also already in Canny.

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/202#50561189

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 10, 2017
dogood123456:

And WES didn't put the annotation about discrepancy in date of birth? Can anyone is similar situation confirm this? Maybe elfmann was only lucky?

Cc: Chinewon88
Nope..my dob is in the right form .no bracket no anything else..maybe both errors on my transcripts did the convincing and they followed my forms'.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by apyhour: 2:29pm On Jun 10, 2017
This is in relation to medical inadmissibility. I do appreciate all the responses but I have another query

In this case, would a divorce or legal separation enable the principal applicant to obtain PR? should i simply send a CSE to immigration office for change of marital status and ask for the removal of the spouse even before the fairness letter is issued.
And if the notification of removal of spouse is done after receiving the refusal letter, does the principal applicant has to re-apply again or simply update the marital status

I need answers to the best course of action. We both stay in different countries though
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 2:30pm On Jun 10, 2017
jpepper:

I guess i found the answer

Yeah, that's d answer.
Did u get a NOI yet?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jpepper: 2:49pm On Jun 10, 2017
britiko:

Yeah, that's d answer.
Did u get a NOI yet?

No, I don't even know what NOI is, it that like PNP? I have less than 1 year experience here so I don't know if that makes me ineligible for NOI. Was really just going to work for one year and apply under CEC but i decided to try a faster route as the rules might change plus I have work experience from Naija anyway. I have a dependant which is why my point is low as I lost points for having a dependant. I didn't get my spouse to do a WES or an English exam because when I used their CRS tool to calculate my points before applying it was pretty high, I had points for the job offer so I didn't see the need for the trouble on my spouse's part. Looks like I have to revisit that option now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 10, 2017
miella:

Hello bro,

Since IQAS said it is equivalent to high school diploma, I THINK you cannot claim points for two or more certificates.

According to what is written on CIC website (check the link below), to claim points for two or more certificates it must be "A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree PLUS ...................(not including SECONDARY/HIGH school)".

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

Try and prepare well for your IELTS exams and pass it so as to increase your chances. It is better you use your BSc certificate to avoid misrepresentation and to have peace of mind.

I wish you the best!

Thank you for your kind contribution in this matter.

is there any loss associated with IQAS evaluating my A level certificate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 3:15pm On Jun 10, 2017
jpepper:

No, I don't even know what NOI is, it that like PNP? I have less than 1 year experience here so I don't know if that makes me ineligible for NOI. Was really just going to work for one year and apply under CEC but i decided to try a faster route as the rules might change plus I have work experience from Naija anyway. I have a dependant which is why my point is low as I lost points for having a dependant. I didn't get my spouse to do a WES or an English exam because when I used their CRS tool to calculate my points before applying it was pretty high, I had points for the job offer so I didn't see the need for the trouble on my spouse's part. Looks like I have to revisit that option now
Notice of interest from a province to apply for the PNP
You can get an NOI irrespective of the stream u are applying for however u must meet the express entry requirement first
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 10, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 10, 2017
miella:

It all depends on you. If you want to give it a try, then you can go ahead and evaluate it.

Many thanks. I actually want to do this because if successful, it will add to my points significantly.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AZeD1(m): 3:34pm On Jun 10, 2017
chigrad:
@AZeD1. Pls can you help me with this question of mine. I worked in firm A from May 2013- Oct 2014 Firm B: Nov 2014- till. Do I say my work experience is three years i.e including Firm A, or my total work experience for this application is two years since it would be three years by Nov. Pls help a novice. This question is in respect of the application in which I'm the PA. Thanks
I'd go with two years.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 10, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jpepper: 3:45pm On Jun 10, 2017
britiko:

Notice of interest from a province to apply for the PNP
You can get an NOI irrespective of the stream u are applying for however u must meet the express entry requirement first

I see, I will look into that option then, thanks!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by juliebabs: 4:02pm On Jun 10, 2017
Is a dollar account am using. With a visa debit card. Please any idea

U can't pay with a naira card. Either use a dollar card or get someone in Canada to pay for u then send d money to d person through western union or moneygram. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abby2017: 4:07pm On Jun 10, 2017
Total is 4years sef grin provided you can get reference letter for firm A and B. It will even help your score.

If firm B only, then it is 2years.

chigrad:
Pls can you help me with this question of mine. I worked in firm A from May 2013- Oct 2014 Firm B: Nov 2014- till. Do I say my work experience is three years i.e including Firm A, or my total work experience for this application is two years since it would be three years by Nov. Pls help a novice. This question is in respect of the application in which I'm the PA. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 10, 2017
miella:

I wish you the best. But depending on the evaluation result, if it is still equivalent to high school result, then I will advise you to use your BSc certificate only.

Ok, thank you. so will I get evaluation for the two different certificates, then use anyone that is relevant to my application?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 10, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olajide21: 4:33pm On Jun 10, 2017
Amakyzuu:
LAUTECH and their strke wahala.. I was hoping to evaluate my LAUTECH degree too but because of the strike, i may have to wait to complete my Msc in another institution and also claim more points. LAUTECH transcript request procedure is not difficult. I have applied several times. If u need help with student affairs official that helped me pm me. She will help monitor ur application.

Ask me about how LAUTECH has frustrated my process and I would yelled at the top of my voice. We successfully paid for transcript for my wife's MBA in LAUTECH since March 6th 2017 as at today, LAUTECH is yet to send the document to wes hence process on hold. We started this whole process before their strike wahala but LAUTECH decide to act like an "*gb*mosho man".
Would appreciate any help anyone on the platform can render.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chigrad: 4:49pm On Jun 10, 2017
Thanks Abby, I actually asked based on the eligibility question which is attached below
Abby2017:
Total is 4years sef grin provided you can get reference letter for firm A and B. It will even help your score.

If firm B only, then it is 2years.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abby2017: 5:24pm On Jun 10, 2017
Ohk...gat you, but a number of people have recorded work experience from more than one employer here. I think this has to do with it being minimum of 1year at the skilled job.

Look out for the gurus response...
chigrad:
Thanks Abby, I actually asked based on the eligibility question which is attached below
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Amakyzuu: 5:25pm On Jun 10, 2017
I don't know about their MBA program but when I applied for my transcript for the first time, it took about two months. Subsequently, it takes 2weeks.
First I had to write a letter through my dept to the registrar. I payed for my results to be printed in the department. Then I submitted the letter and receipt for transcript payment (2k at the time, it's 5k or so now) in the resistrar's office in the senate building. I can't really remember whats next but it took 2 months at first. Send me a pm. Will link u to a woman in student affairs, she helped me a lot for my subsequent applications. It didn't take long at all as I normally pay for courier in advance...
olajide21:

Ask me about how LAUTECH has frustrated my process and I would yelled at the top of my voice. We successfully paid for transcript for my wife's MBA in LAUTECH since March 6th 2017 as at today, LAUTECH is yet to send the document to wes hence process on hold. We started this whole process before their strike wahala but LAUTECH decide to act like an "*gb*mosho man".
Would appreciate any help anyone on the platform can render.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Saturi: 5:49pm On Jun 10, 2017
Hello All,

I entered the express entry pool in Dec 2016 and in Jan 2017 i applied for SINP EE but still awaiting nomination confirmation, but this evening i received a notification from CIC that[b] ''We regret to inform you that you are no longer eligible to be in the pool. Check your messages below for details.''[/b][i][/i].

My questions are these:

1. What could have gone wrong after 6 months of being in the EE pool
2. Can i create another EE profile and inform SINP EE of the new EE profile number cause that's where all my correspondents with regards the SINP EE application go.
3. Has anybody experienced this before

Will appreciate feedbacks pls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 5:59pm On Jun 10, 2017
40manlappy:

**Modified

No.

Spousal work experience doesn't add any points so you can put "nil" in your EE profile pre-ITA and move his work experience to "personal history" section in your e-APR post-ITA without having to provide employer's reference.

NB: Information that you supply in your EE profile will be automatically populated in your e-APR upon acceptance of ITA. So you can always put the work experience under "personal history" section without the fear of misrepresentation.
cc: bbaby84

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Morbolar: 6:04pm On Jun 10, 2017
oddysey:

Just made that change. Worked like magic. Thanks again!!!

Pls what did u change organisation to. I put organisation in NYSC. Should i change it to employment
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 6:28pm On Jun 10, 2017
cheapphones:

I think you should still try the online application, I know someone that used it very recently and got his transcript delivered to Lagos about a week after applying. I only don't know of it was during the strike. BTW, lautech hasn't been on strike for a year, they resumed briefly before the current one which according to the info I have, it's only ASUU, doesn't include nasu and ssanu which are the ppl processing transcript.
I just think you should make a move first before jumping into conclusion.
40manlappy can also advise better.

The strike affected non-academic staff too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) (536) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.