Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,553 members, 7,819,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (573) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2608993 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osila2: 3:08pm On Jun 24, 2017
bbaby84:

He will need more than $59k, nothing less than 200,000 CAD- 500,000 CAD as i would advice he goes through the investment route depending on the province he chooses. Most likely he will need a lawyer for this route.

Goodluck

His main target is to emigrate and have permanent stay and it looks like the investment route is a bit high considering the 200,000 CAD - 500,000 CAD involved but checking up the current exchange rate now I discovered that USD 59,000 is higher than CAD 200,000.

Do you have a better alternative to enable him achieve his aim?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deeore: 3:52pm On Jun 24, 2017
Thank you sooo much @Abby2017 @MummyJaygirls... Really appreciate
I wouldnt acknowledge it then and @ being careful next time.. Omo yes o... Over careful dey worry me sef.

Abby2017:
I bet it is not. When I saw your post the other day, I could only think of all the stress and energy you must have put into getting to that stage and then the 2 months wait!
I admire your strength and I can only pray for a speedy ITA and PPR afterwards for you. Stick to the big part that is telling you not to worry, it shall end in praise and be sure everything happens for a reason we won't identify till sometimes later.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by diggy4real: 4:39pm On Jun 24, 2017
diggy4real:
Hello, please,on Saskatchewan PNP, I read that one needs a minimum point of 60points for nomination, CL8 standing for LRWS 7.5, 6.5,6.5,6.5. What category will Ielts result of LRWS 7.0,6.5,6.5,6.5 belong to? Please someone should help.

No one cares to answer?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chigrad: 4:49pm On Jun 24, 2017
Hello all, this question is for my dependant. I'm the PA. My spouse worked between 2006-2008, is it necessary to include it in my express entry profile ? The coy no longer exists as it was bought over.

Althoug he has a letter of employment and letter as regards acceptance of my resignation.

But cant get a reference from them.however his present job is more than 3 yrs.
Pls I need your advice as to either remove his first job or leave it. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 5:20pm On Jun 24, 2017
If this job was not in Canada, you will not be getting any points for it. You can just include it in your spouse's personal history, you will not have to provide any reference. If his present job is also not in Canada, just put it in personal history too, except you want to include it in work history and be asked to provide a reference letter that you don't need.
chigrad:
Hello all, this question is for my dependant. I'm the PA. My spouse worked between 2006-2008, is it necessary to include it in my express entry profile ? The coy no longer exists as it was bought over.

Althoug he has a letter of employment and letter as regards acceptance of my resignation.

But cant get a reference from them.however his present job is more than 3 yrs.
Pls I need your advice as to either remove his first job or leave it. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chigrad: 5:38pm On Jun 24, 2017
thanks so much. Can I take off the job history now or wait when I get ITA
Dammiehar:
If this job was not in Canada, you will not be getting any points for it. You can just include it in your spouse's personal history, you will not have to provide any reference. If his present job is also not in Canada, just put it in personal history too, except you want to include it in work history and be asked to provide a reference letter that you don't need.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 5:45pm On Jun 24, 2017
You can do it now, and you might as well provide an explanation for it when you submit your application
chigrad:
thanks so much. Can I take off the job history now or wait when I get ITA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Rudy007: 6:20pm On Jun 24, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Rudy007: 6:28pm On Jun 24, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Yes
Thanks @mummy jaygirls. Anoda thing is Wil my money be refunded if any of my score is higher in any category
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Sugaro: 6:39pm On Jun 24, 2017
Thank you @sweetrie and Ugoiyke
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Faky201: 7:08pm On Jun 24, 2017
Hello house
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mamalaj(f): 7:56pm On Jun 24, 2017
Rudy007:

Thanks @mummy jaygirls. Anoda thing is Wil my money be refunded if any of my score is higher in any category

if there's an upward review in all categories, yes.

if there's an upward review in one, yes

The pros on EOR can confirm though

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 8:46pm On Jun 24, 2017
Rudy007:

Yes it would

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 8:53pm On Jun 24, 2017
LordSebastian:
Correct. My AOR is May 9. Passing meds is now fast oo. Make e show shap shap abeg grin

How far? I saw May 9 today, you don log in?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chinchum(m): 9:01pm On Jun 24, 2017
Osila2:

His main target is to emigrate and have permanent stay and it looks like the investment route is a bit high considering the 200,000 CAD - 500,000 CAD involved but checking up the current exchange rate now I discovered that USD 59,000 is higher than CAD 200,000 .

the boldened is not true . 59000usd is less than 80,00CAD.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mamacajah: 9:53pm On Jun 24, 2017
Osila2:

His main target is to emigrate and have permanent stay and it looks like the investment route is a bit high considering the 200,000 CAD - 500,000 CAD involved but checking up the current exchange rate now I discovered that USD 59,000 is higher than CAD 200,000.

If his wife's age is younger, she could apply as PA through EE for PR or she could go through the student route. But the investment route is quite expensive and more than his budget, so I wouldn't advise such. If he even reads through the different provinces and see the conditions for such investment routes, apart from the required expenditure, he would see that it is more than just establishing a business venture.

Just my 2 cents based on research, I stand to be corrected. wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 1:25am On Jun 25, 2017
@deeore, technically your application was not refused. I think they explain about what fees are refunded based on what happens. I think you fall into the incomplete application stage....during the preliminary checks where they check the documents to be sure everything was submitted. This usually means that you should get both your app fee and rprf refunded. Pls confirm this as well as timeline expected for refund.
This has happened to quite a number of applicants in the past.
Just as a bit of advice, during the eAPR process, its important to scan all documents, merge and convert to pdf and then save each file to be uploaded under the names for the place holders. Ensure your adobe acrobat reader is up to date. Then even after uploading, you can click on each one uploaded already, it sorta downloads again and you can view it again to be sure nothing was lost in transmission. I did this a lot during mine because I had read of glitches like this online. Also, sometimes uploaded documents just "vanish" from that app oh!
Also did you read the message that was sent to your cic profile when it gave you a status of "further action required"? Usually, you see a little arrow beside any message you get on your profile which you click and it downloads the letter or message. They may have given you 7 days to upload a valid passport and you may have missed that message.
All the same, its all good. There would be no prejudice for any future applications, just note your old UCI and or application number and ensure that you fill it in your next eAPR and explain in a detailed LOE what happened.
It is a delay but nothing you should be too worried about.

@beckyhopeful, the VO can request a schedule A for any reason. No hard rules on these. Most people say that you are asked for a schedule A if you answer yes to any statutory questions. Well, I did have a uk visa refusal which i disclosed during my eAPR and I never got a schedule A request and did not upload one upfront, so you see, its neither here nor there.

Someone mentioned something about FD tenure ending, there is nothing to worry about. In fact, that should be a plus in my opinion, because that means that the funds would be available in your account, lol! As long as you maintain the funds requirement between now and your PPR you should be fine if the VO requests for an updated POF.

Congrats to all on the progress of their respective PR journeys.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by revlane: 4:20am On Jun 25, 2017
Looks like Medicals are getting passed much faster now. Please does anyone have an idea of the cost of Marriage at Ikoyi or Ikeja Registry? Am outside Lagos and would love any info please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:33am On Jun 25, 2017
Osila2:

On which planet ?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:37am On Jun 25, 2017
WellEndowed:

On which planet ?
I was tired..even if na Naira.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dtaminator: 7:56am On Jun 25, 2017
There are different sections for travel history and personal history.

You fill all of the trips you made outside of the country you were living or schooling in under travel history.

Eg- you schooled in uk from 2004 to 2008, this will show under personal history automatically if you entered it under education. If you made any trips from uk to naija, you fill that under travel history where you are allowed to type the reason for the trip as vacation.

Hope this helps

Feygbe:
Good morning,

I have a question regarding the personal history section. I understand this is the section we are to fill all travel history in. How do I fill in vacations taken during study as the drop down box does not have any Vacation selection? Do I label it as Unemployed?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sammyacbxyz: 8:30am On Jun 25, 2017
Hi guys. I have Ontario PNP (600 points). All other documents are ready except printing bank statements and medicals.

Should I go ahead and do my medical or should I wait to get ITA first? Does it matter if medicals are done before ITA date?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 8:56am On Jun 25, 2017
Yes, you can, except that you have to land in Canada before it expires, after you get your PPR. It has a validity of one year, depending on when you get your ITA and PPR, you might have a short time to prepare for your landing if you do it early. That is why many people wait till they are about to submit their application before doing it.
sammyacbxyz:
Hi guys. I have Ontario PNP (600 points). All other documents are ready except printing bank statements and medicals.

Should I go ahead and do my medical or should I wait to get ITS first? Does it matter if medicals are done before ITA date?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 9:41am On Jun 25, 2017
abbyjo:
Good day ,please can anyone help recommend a good photo studio in Benin city that can do a perfect job on the passport photo specification for canada PPR?
Thanks

Ebi's Photoshop
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 9:43am On Jun 25, 2017
revlane:
House, just to be sure I want to know if my wife can use her international passport with her maiden name. Do I need to send anything else apart from marriage certificate during CSE.

Yes she can use maiden name especially if all her documents are listed in it.

CSE upload should be Marriage certificate only!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sammyacbxyz: 9:52am On Jun 25, 2017
Ok thanks. I intend submitting e-apr as soon as I get ITA. Also intend to land as soon as I get PR. So I guess it's ok to do it now since ITA is sure next draw.

Dammiehar:
Yes, you can, except that you have to land in Canada before it expires, after you get your PPR. It has a validity of one year, depending on when you get your ITA and PPR, you might have a short time to prepare for your landing if you do it early. That is why many people wait till they are about to submit their application before doing it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chesannie21: 9:58am On Jun 25, 2017
Thank you @ optionese

optionese:

Put @superchi on the search button, he did PNP
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Zilifish: 10:04am On Jun 25, 2017
Pls does any one know when the next round of invitations will be?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AZeD1(m): 10:42am On Jun 25, 2017
sammyacbxyz:

Should I go ahead and do my medical or should I wait to get ITA first? Does it matter if medicals are done before ITA date?
Why would you want to do medicals before ITA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by diggy4real: 10:52am On Jun 25, 2017
diggy4real:

No one cares to answer?

Someone should help, please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 11:16am On Jun 25, 2017
diggy4real:

Someone should help, please.

simply searching online would have answered your query.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp

you can use the chart to see where your scores fall.....I think ur scores give u a clb 7.....because ur 7 in listening. ...
hope u understand?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 11:20am On Jun 25, 2017
vcole:
@deeore, technically your application was not refused. I think they explain about what fees are refunded based on what happens. I think you fall into the incomplete application stage....during the preliminary checks where they check the documents to be sure everything was submitted. This usually means that you should get both your app fee and rprf refunded. Pls confirm this as well as timeline expected for refund.
This has happened to quite a number of applicants in the past.
Just as a bit of advice, during the eAPR process, its important to scan all documents, merge and convert to pdf and then save each file to be uploaded under the names for the place holders. Ensure your adobe acrobat reader is up to date. Then even after uploading, you can click on each one uploaded already, it sorta downloads again and you can view it again to be sure nothing was lost in transmission. I did this a lot during mine because I had read of glitches like this online. Also, sometimes uploaded documents just "vanish" from that app oh!
Also did you read the message that was sent to your cic profile when it gave you a status of "further action required"? Usually, you see a little arrow beside any message you get on your profile which you click and it downloads the letter or message. They may have given you 7 days to upload a valid passport and you may have missed that message.
All the same, its all good. There would be no prejudice for any future applications, just note your old UCI and or application number and ensure that you fill it in your next eAPR and explain in a detailed LOE what happened.
It is a delay but nothing you should be too worried about.

@beckyhopeful, the VO can request a schedule A for any reason. No hard rules on these. Most people say that you are asked for a schedule A if you answer yes to any statutory questions. Well, I did have a uk visa refusal which i disclosed during my eAPR and I never got a schedule A request and did not upload one upfront, so you see, its neither here nor there.

Someone mentioned something about FD tenure ending, there is nothing to worry about. In fact, that should be a plus in my opinion, because that means that the funds would be available in your account, lol! As long as you maintain the funds requirement between now and your PPR you should be fine if the VO requests for an updated POF.

Congrats to all on the progress of their respective PR journeys.

I sight u sis!! thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (570) (571) (572) (573) (574) (575) (576) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.