Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (642) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2601005 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 12:04am On Jul 15, 2017
Ehrnie:
Gather around guys - I’ve got something to tell yah.
The much awaited PPR has finally loaded smiley Woohoo
Below is my timeline -
FSW Outland / Single Applicant

ITA received 08 February ‘17
eApr submitted 31 March
AOR 31 March
Meds passed 02 June
BGC IP1 02 June
BGC N/A 07 June
BG IP2 01 July
PPR 14 July

Thanks to y’all for helping out with my enquiries…if I start mentioning names, I’ll add 10 extra pages to this already long thread. You know yourselves and I celebrate you today as well.

I’ll be back with my Post PPR questions but for now, make I go find somewhere cool my body, lol.

@ 40manlappy, Mummyjaygirls, Temitope06, Beem4cupid, Gquest, boldinc, cathymia…I see you! We are going to see Santa Clause in Canada…no more Father Christmas……..

Wow! Congrats bro. Yes o, santa is coming to town this year.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 12:06am On Jul 15, 2017
Morbolar:

E don do

Lol, I no talk na cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by studyexec: 12:12am On Jul 15, 2017
superdoll:
Wow! Jst got back here now to meet plenty good news. Congrats to the PPR recipients.

Please for iqas eca application, do I also need to send checklist to school in addition to the academic record request form? No, only the request form should be sent.
Also after filling my portion on the academic record request form, hope I can scan the form for them to print and complete their part. Yes, that's what i did and there were no issues.
I honestly tot these thing were easy oo but now fear of mistake is causing all des too many questions.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by A14: 3:29am On Jul 15, 2017
It's raining PPRs. Congrats Happylassy, Moatte, Ehrnie et al. Happy landing smiley

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 5:06am On Jul 15, 2017
Aka2003:
Abeg people in the house for someone outside naija to get police clearance certificate from naija do the finger prints section of the form need to be notarized? Or can I just take the prints myself and send it to naija?

Not necessarily the finger print forms but maybe the final PCC!!

But first please check cic website, check the PCC section for the exact procedure on how to get Nigerian PCC according to your country of residence.....it is different for Nigerians resident abroad.

Who knows, this might have been the cause of rejection but maybe not...?..Might just be the overzealousness of vo!! (but he can back his reason up, because the rules are on their site).

I say this because, for those of us in middle east for example, we are expected to send our pcc to Naija and upon return, attest it at the Nigerian Embassy.(it's written like this for Nigerians in UAE, OMAN! SAUDI Arabia, KUWAIT etc).
Now most of us here don't even attest anything because the Nigerian embassies here are very slow like the president, but we fortunately get away with it! My friends didnot attest and got PPR.... (Not heard of Nigerians rejected for this before but indians and Pakistanis have got rejection for this reason).

Well even though we cant state categorically if this was your case, I advise that this time, you attest the pcc after getting it, with the Nigerian embassy in your country of residence, if its required.

Lastly, what format did you get it? Was it scanned to you? That would have been okay if you wanna submit directly without attestation.
But if you plan attestation with Nigerian embassy (recommended), then let them courier the pcc to you in its original form!

NB: I even did a similar gamble with my pcc and praying for God's favour......God help us all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 5:22am On Jul 15, 2017
Aka2003:
People, for the naija police report am I supposed to upload just the pink certificate or do I need to add the finger print section? I had issues with this certificate in my former application so I need to get it right this time. I uploaded the entire thing the last time and CIC rejected it. Also is the expiry date an issue (3 months) if you live outside naija?

This time upload the entire thing both certificate and finger print forms! Also check my initial post to you.

The scanned pink certificate you submitted the first time, was it clear/legible? I remember for me, a second pcc i was trying to get from nigeria, the pink cert was somehow, it was reflecting at the edges......I had to beg them to use about 3 different scanners and choosed the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 5:25am On Jul 15, 2017
Hope15:
On this PCC forms, I understand it is necessary to scan the certificate in COLOUR, but is it necessary to do same for the fingerprints forms? Biko!!

SCAN EVERY IN COLOUR

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 5:25am On Jul 15, 2017
Cecegal:
Update people,

After 10weeks i have received feedback on my EOR for my March 25th 2017 IELTS:Scores were:LRWS:877.5,6.5 There was no way I was going to accept a 6.5 in speaking this was my second IELTS I had a 7.5 in my first speaking I wasn't even as prepared as I was for this.I was very confident that I had done well in my speaking and in being pessimistic should at least have a 7.

Imagine my shock and surprise when I received my TRF with a 6.5 in speaking I knew I had to contest that particular score now in other not to bore you further my EOR came back and my speaking was bumped from 6.5 to 8.That's more than an entire band I keep wondering what was running through the mind of the Nigerian man who examined me that day which made him conclude I deserved a 6.5,I wrote the April 8th as well and had an 8 in speaking.

You see these BC Nigeria people let's just say I leave them for God.

If you ever have any doubts regarding your results please do not hesitate to remark it might take time but it's better than never knowing still waiting on EOR for April 8th remarking Writing 6.5 as well and as I mentioned before it wasn't my best writing but let's see how it goes.

#Okbyelemmegoanupdatemyprofile

Further update on this:

EOR for my April 8the IELTS got ready last week my contact was only able to pick up today Writing got moved from 6.5 to 8....This is way beyond what I hoped for now my April 8th scores are as follows;LRWS:8.5,7.5,8,8.I feel kind of bad because I would have gotten a direct ITA in May due to the low scores currently on 415 now till September.

Please,please and please if you ever doubt that you should have gotten more always apply for an EOR.

I heard about several conspiracy theories in the past, i think i am beginning to belive them!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 5:26am On Jul 15, 2017
temitope06:

Wow, Your President a'int black anymore, you now have a Prime Minister. Lovely, Simply Lovely. Big Congratulations, start packing. Make cold freeze all your body for Christmas. Na me complain say PPRs no dey, now PPRs wan drown me. Shakara don start o, no gree for any naija person again o, you're now international.

BTW, tope it's 67 days without president bubu, you sabi when he go come back NI? ? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by upgrade: 5:53am On Jul 15, 2017
Hi pls how do I do pcc for uae lived in dubai for a year (masters) could you kindly state the procedure. im no longer in dxb.Thanks a lot.

[qquote author=esosa4real post=58469697]

Not necessarily the finger print forms but maybe the final PCC!!

But first please check cic website, check the PCC section for the exact procedure on how to get Nigerian PCC according to your country of residence.....it is different for Nigerians resident abroad.

Who knows, this might have been the cause of rejection but maybe not...?..Might just be the overzealousness of vo!! (but he can back his reason up, because the rules are on their site).

I say this because, for those of us in middle east for example, we are expected to send our pcc to Naija and upon return, attest it at the Nigerian Embassy.(it's written like this for Nigerians in UAE, OMAN! SAUDI Arabia, KUWAIT etc).
Now most of us here don't even attest anything because the Nigerian embassies here are very slow like the president, but we fortunately get away with it! My friends didnot attest and got PPR.... (Not heard of Nigerians rejected for this before but indians and Pakistanis have got rejection for this reason).

Well even though we cant state categorically if this was your case, I advise that this time, you attest the pcc after getting it, with the Nigerian embassy in your country of residence, if its required.

Lastly, what format did you get it? Was it scanned to you? That would have been okay if you wanna submit directly without attestation.
But if you plan attestation with Nigerian embassy (recommended), then let them courier the pcc to you in its original form!

NB: I even did a similar gamble with my pcc and praying for God's favour......God help us all[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by double08(m): 6:41am On Jul 15, 2017
Investfirst:

Were you a student? Just curious to know how you got the work experience as a student! Mind to share?

Done with school and got a job 1 week after I graduated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blingyrie: 6:49am On Jul 15, 2017
Aig84:
Congrats Happylassy, Moatte and Erhnie, I can imagine how you guys feel, I'm so excited and I'm not even in the pool yet lol.
Congrats to them ooo, more pprs on the way

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 6:56am On Jul 15, 2017
Many thanks for all the congratulatory messages smiley i'm chuffed! We have become an eFamily indeed.

@40manlappy - party started yesterday o grin after party to continue in Canny.
@Temitope - those guys are in trouble...bride price just tripled! wink I have become international porero
I recall someone asked home many days I'm given to submit my passport..mine is 30days.

Many thanks once again...I read all the messages posted and I truly 'preciate them all. We are ALL going to rejoice...no one will be left out, Amen!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Issyman(m): 7:10am On Jul 15, 2017
Folar2:

If you have Access Bank Naira Mastercard Debit, you can try it. I paid IQAS fee two days back using same naira debit card and was successful. I was charged NGN59,233.44 for CAD 215. This mean the rate used was 275.50

However, you can only do equivelent to 200USD monthly on Access bank while GTBank have 1000 USD monthly.

I used UBA naira mastercard for the payment and it went through on the first attempt but too expensive. I was charged N62k for 215 CAD.
Please, which form are we to send to the school for transcript processing? I received two emails from them: Purchase receipt mail and the second one containing my application form and checklist.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ehix89(m): 8:16am On Jul 15, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

This change of date of birth may be hard o, unless u claim u haven't done passport before. Try sha if it's possible
Even with sufficient proof.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deeore: 9:53am On Jul 15, 2017
Congratulations to all d PPR recipients... This is just d beginining of goodnews in your lives... And for us prospective receivers.. May we be able to give such news too...
@Mummyjaygirls,@40manlappy n co... Your goodnews is few hours away....

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ebho: 9:55am On Jul 15, 2017
Thanks
Ambidextrause:
You can add a margin of 8 to 10% of the total funds and use oanda.com as reference for the rates.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abby2017: 10:02am On Jul 15, 2017
FSW outland,family size: 2

My timeline

EE pool- 3rd May, CRS 445
ITA- 4th May
AOR- 21st June
Medical Passed- 15th July

May God perfect the remaining set of steps.

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bob12: 10:16am On Jul 15, 2017
Hi guys,
My wife is the principal applicant and she has done WES for both her B.Sc and M.Sc...
As spouse, do I need to do WES for both B.Sc and M.Sc cos I am looking at saving cost and time.
I can get my M.Sc done faster than the B.Sc cos I can easily go to the institution to hasten things up unlike my B.Sc institution that is hundreds of kilometers away.

Please advise if I can do just the M.Sc. alone since I am not the principal applicant. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 10:32am On Jul 15, 2017
deeore:
Congratulations to all d PPR recipients... This is just d beginining of goodnews in your lives... And for us prospective receivers.. May we be able to give such news too...
@Mummyjaygirls,@40manlappy n co... Your goodnews is few hours away....

Amin o, thanks. We shall all celebrate victory

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 10:34am On Jul 15, 2017
Bob12:
Hi guys,
My wife is the principal applicant and she has done WES for both her B.Sc and M.Sc...
As spouse, do I need to do WES for both B.Sc and M.Sc cos I am looking at saving cost and time.
I can get my M.Sc done faster than the B.Sc cos I can easily go to the institution to hasten things up unlike my B.Sc institution that is hundreds of kilometers away.

Please advise if I can do just the M.Sc. alone since I am not the principal applicant. Thanks

Yes u can assess only ur masters. Even if u were the principal applicant only ur Msc is ok

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 15, 2017
Bob12:
Hi guys,

If u don't need d points..no need to do any ECA.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by slyman187: 11:06am On Jul 15, 2017
Hi guys. I just entered the EE pool with a score of 433. I have some questions boggling me which i require help with and any opinions will be welcome and appreciated. I don't know if i'm posting this in an appropriate thread so if i'm not, my apologies please.

My questions are as follows:

1. I interviewed at US embassy in 2012 for a (DV) diversity visa lottery as a beneficiary to a principal applicant. Even though i wasn't asked any questions, i ran my bio-metrics. The principal applicant was found ineligible on the grounds of not meeting minimum education or labor requirements. When filling the schedule A form, must i answer YES to the question of having been denied a visa to another country before?

2. My second question is regarding previous marriages. As the US consular office has my records of being a beneficiary to a visa applicant, i have to state that i have a previous marriage in form IMM0008DEPENU. I entered the EE pool with a different spouse which raises my question. Must i have marriage annulment or divorce papers for the previous relationship?

I ask because i read that the Canadian laws frown upon polygamy and bigamy.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by calfy: 12:14pm On Jul 15, 2017
Bob12:
Hi guys,

The cost of your ECA is the same for the two qualifications. The extra cost will come from processing and sending your transcript from the respective schools (if the qualifications were not obtained from the same school). But I think it's worth it. Doing your ECA will give you guys additional points. Also, if you haven't taken IELTS, please do so, because you will eventually have to before collecting your canadian passport in the future.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ddu: 12:25pm On Jul 15, 2017
seggzzy:
One house pls, gurus in the house I beg answer this question below?

Two or more certificates
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by trishachi: 12:42pm On Jul 15, 2017
Ehrnie:
Many thanks for all the congratulatory messages smiley i'm chuffed! We have become an eFamily indeed.

@Temitope - those guys are in trouble...bride price just tripled! wink I have become international porero
I recall someone asked home many days I'm given to submit my passport..mine is 30days.

Many thanks once again...I read all the messages posted and I truly 'preciate them all. We are ALL going to rejoice...no one will be left out, Amen!

30 days? Pls chk and be sure. It's usually 15 days (esp for Ghana). Where are you submitting to?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by happymumtobe: 1:10pm On Jul 15, 2017
[quote author=Ehrnie post=58453760]Gather around guys - I’ve got something to tell yah.
The much awaited PPR has finally loaded smiley Woohoo
Below is my timeline -
FSW Outland / Single Applicant

ITA received 08 February ‘17
eApr submitted 31 March
AOR 31 March
Meds passed 02 June
BGC IP1 02 June
BGC N/A 07 June
BG IP2 01 July

PPR 14 July

Thanks to y’all for helping out with my enquiries…if I start mentioning names, I’ll add 10 extra pages to this already long thread. You know yourselves and I celebrate you today as well.

I’ll be back with my Post PPR questions but for now, make I go find somewhere cool my body, lol.

@ 40manlappy, Mummyjaygirls, Temitope06, Beem4cupid, Gquest, boldinc, cathymia…I see you! We are going to see Santa Clause in Canada…no more Father Christmas……..
[/quot

Awwww congratulations to you.we submitted same day.I am so happy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 1:46pm On Jul 15, 2017
slyman187:
Hi guys. I just entered the EE pool with a score of 433. I have some questions boggling me which i require help with and any opinions will be welcome and appreciated. I don't know if i'm posting this in an appropriate thread so if i'm not, my apologies please.

My questions are as follows:

1. I interviewed at US embassy in 2012 for a (DV) diversity visa lottery as a beneficiary to a principal applicant. Even though i wasn't asked any questions, i ran my bio-metrics. The principal applicant was found ineligible on the grounds of not meeting minimum education or labor requirements. When filling the schedule A form, must i answer YES to the question of having been denied a visa to another country before?

2. My second question is regarding previous marriages. As the US consular office has my records of being a beneficiary to a visa applicant, i have to state that i have a previous marriage in form IMM0008DEPENU. I entered the EE pool with a different spouse which raises my question. Must i have marriage annulment or divorce papers for the previous relationship?

I ask because i read that the Canadian laws frown upon polygamy and bigamy.

Dis ur case is unique. Am going to try and answer to d best of my abilities.

1. I think u need to answer YES. Then add a succinct letter of explanation detailing the circumstances.

2. Indeed u need divorce papers.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 1:50pm On Jul 15, 2017
Ehrnie:

Amen ooooo. I claim am even though I never fit jump enter pool as baff hungry me reach grin IQAS say make I wait say e never reach my turn to baff.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TEECANN: 1:54pm On Jul 15, 2017
Hello House,

As a naija guy, I am very not comfortable with this WES- ECA's payment platform charges- The WESTERN UNION BUSINESS SOLUTIONS as I'm sure there should be some other better ways.

I paid for my ECA some days ago and my total fees came to CAD322 (about US$ 260.13)...I proceeded to load my Dollar mastercard to effect payment and GTBank charged me about N6,300 (I was aware about this charge upfront) whilst another charge- "OFFSHORE FOREIGN BANK CHARGE" of about N7,850 was slammed on my naira account again...

Making the total charges about N15,000 to wire just US$260.13 to WES in Canada...HABA

I cannot sustain this WESTERN UNION BUSINESS SOLUTIONS' option for other future payments I will be making....School Application fees, Professional bodies Assessment fees etc

Biko, help a bro out with OPTIONS THAT are "charges-efficient" in making payments to Canada

Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 15, 2017
[quote author=MummyJaygirls post=58447477][/quote]

Lol @Mummyjaygirls I'm watching you in 3D! We would all testify together....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by merrymum: 3:24pm On Jul 15, 2017
TEECANN:
Hello House,

As a naija guy, I am very not comfortable with this WES- ECA's payment platform charges- The WESTERN UNION BUSINESS SOLUTIONS as I'm sure there should be some other better ways.

I paid for my ECA some days ago and my total fees came to CAD322 (about US$ 260.13)...I proceeded to load my Dollar mastercard to effect payment and GTBank charged me about N6,300 (I was aware about this charge upfront) whilst another charge- "OFFSHORE FOREIGN BANK CHARGE" of about N7,850 was slammed on my naira account again...

Making the total charges about N15,000 to wire just US$260.13 to WES in Canada...HABA

I cannot sustain this WESTERN UNION BUSINESS SOLUTIONS' option for other future payments I will be making....School Application fees, Professional bodies Assessment fees etc

Biko, help a bro out with OPTIONS THAT are "charges-efficient" in making payments to Canada

Thank you.

So I'm wondering how you have a DOLLAR card and being charged in naira. Are you sure you used a dollar card?

I use GTB dollar card too and didn't experience all these charges you talking about.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.