Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,111 members, 7,821,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (644) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2609977 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by walexlo78: 12:19pm On Jul 16, 2017
My Peeps in the house, good day to you all. Please I have a dilemma here and will like your comments especially from anyone who has experienced same or similar.

I submitted and paid for my application yesterday morning using my friends Bank Of America card. I got a transaction decline message while application page got stuck on ''payment processing''. The Bank sent a message to my friend to authorize which he did and he has seen the amount debited in his account. However, my status changed to ''continue application'' again and still same as I write now meaning application is not submitted yet.

Should it still be so?, I thought the status should have changed, probably to application submitted and payment received while I get the payment receipt. The main challenge is that I have as at now just 2days remaining to the submission deadline. Is the submission not happening or payment not reflecting because it is a weekend?? What can I do to solve this before the 2days deadline??

Blingyrie:

Your payment hasn't gone through, u need to call the card's bank for authorization of d payment
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abby2017: 12:55pm On Jul 16, 2017
When you got the transaction declined message, did you save the page?
The transaction declined receipt contains some details which includes reference number, the amount you attempted paying and decline error message. This detail is what your friend should tender in his bank on your behalf. My payment was declined at first attempt and I saved these details(as the page suggested) incase I am debited later. "Processing payment" which later changed to "Continue application" implies your payment have not gone through and I don't think it has anything to do with weekend, receipt is system generated.
Its a tough one though, because you have strict deadline and you can't even lodge the payment complaint by yourself.
If you have alternative means, proceed to pay through it and deal with this error later. You can let people that have used Bank of America card weigh in...
All the best!
walexlo78:
My Peeps in the house, good day to you all. Please I have a dilemma here and will like your comments especially from anyone who has experienced same or similar.

I submitted and paid for my application yesterday morning using my friends Bank Of America card. I got a transaction decline message while application page got stuck on ''payment processing''. The Bank sent a message to my friend to authorize which he did and he has seen the amount debited in his account. However, my status changed to ''continue application'' again and still same as I write now meaning application is not submitted yet.

Should it still be so?, I thought the status should have changed, probably to application submitted and payment received while I get the payment receipt. The main challenge is that I have as at now just 2days remaining to the submission deadline. Is the submission not happening or payment not reflecting because it is a weekend?? What can I do to solve this before the 2days deadline??

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by walexlo78: 1:13pm On Jul 16, 2017
Yes, I saved it. My friend got a message from his Bank regarding the transaction and they asked him to decline or authorize and he authorized it and saw the debit in his account. So I don't know why the status still went back to continue application and no payment receipt received.

Abby2017:
When you got the transaction declined message, did you save the page?
The transaction declined receipt contains some details which includes reference number, the amount you attempted paying and decline error message. This detail is what your friend should tender in his bank on your behalf. My payment was declined at first attempt and I saved these details(as the page suggested) incase I am debited later. "Processing payment" which later changed to "Continue application" implies your payment have not gone through and I don't think it has anything to do with weekend, receipt is system generated.
Its a tough one though, because you have strict deadline and you can't even lodge the payment complaint by yourself.
If you have alternative means, proceed to pay through it and deal with this error later. You can let people that have used Bank of America card weigh in...
All the best!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blingyrie: 1:21pm On Jul 16, 2017
walexlo78:

Ask ur friend to check his account very well cos it may have been reversed. U need to resubmit and make payment as it was declined
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by damoche64: 2:00pm On Jul 16, 2017
This should be ur occupation : NOC 4021 College and other vocational instructors, u can check d details.

quote author=funshobabs post=58502441]Greetings to all nairalanders in the house.
Please I need help, clarification and all the support in the house on FSW.

My profile:
Msc petroleum Engineering, Teesside UK.
BEng Mechanical Engineering (UNIMAID)
Work Experience : Lecturing (The Federal Polytechnic Ilaro. Department of Mechanical Engineering). From December 2014 to date.
Marital Status: Married to a beautiful and intelligent Lady.
Age 30.

Wife's Profile
Ma English (in view)
Ba English both UNILAG.
Work experience: Meadow Hall ...One year
The Federal Polytechnic Ilaro (Administrative Officer Registrar cadre) from July 2014 to date.
Age 29

We intend to apply for FSW Canada, the question is who should be the principal applicant? I have checked the occupational list and unable to find my NOC as a lecturer in a polytechnic.

Well, I intend making my wife the principal applicant because of the following reasons.
1. There's a DOB error on my WAEC certificate contradicting all others on my documents which might pose a problem during WES evaluation of my academic qualification. (After evaluating my MSC and Beng degrees, do I need to evaluate my WAEC result?).

2. She stand a better chance of passing the IELTS test lol. Shes a guru in English, she speaks well too. I intend writing too to boast our points

3. Her Educational qualification evaluation using WES might be easy(you know Unilag will be conversant with stuffs like that) unlike my school Unimaid. I might have difficulty in getting to the school.

Please my people, I will need a comprehensive advice on what to do.

Thank you guys.
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 16, 2017
kalohenic:
Good day house.

This is my first post here, I have tried to read through earlier pages of this thread, you'll have been doing a great job here.

I need clarification to ascertain if I can apply for EE. Below is my profile:

I am 29 years old and single

I recently got study permit for a two years master's program (Control Systems) at University of Alberta in Canada to commence 5th of September 2017.

I am currently working in a multinational manufacturing company here in Nigeria and recently got an outstanding appraisal report that sees my pay upto NGN 550K monthly.

I have four years experience in the field of Control Systems (Automation Engineer and Instrumentation Engineer in two household name multinational firms).

If I go for the masters I would sponsor myself, and the cost is quite high. But with a PR the cost would drastically reduce.

Now the questions:

Is it possible to start the application for EE entry while I am already in Canada? (As I plan to get my transcript sent to WES before leaving for the masters program)

would you advise based on the experience of those already in Canada, I quit my job for the masters with the hope of securing a PR and good job over there?

Hi, congrats on your recent promotion.

1. Yes you can start your express entry whilst in Canada.

2. Please don't quit abeg! I personally think Masters is kinda overrrated plus you are more than qualified to apply for express entry and PR here in Naija whilst working.

My personal opinion.

All the best in whichever you decide....

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 16, 2017
Blingyrie:

It's a factor of wch vo ur file was distributed to for processing. Most Indians were given Ottawa n even some Nigerians. They work faster there, so u can ring up cic to find out were urs is being processed

Ohh ok noted. Thanks for the info!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 16, 2017
Darsty99:
Hello house, I am new ere.pls could u someone list out the step by step processes and d full meaning of ds acromyms ITA, AOR,BGC.. Thk u

Hi,

Here are the usual terms commonly used here and their meanings

Express Entry Profile/ EE profile: This is the application express entry applicants fill on the Canada Immmigration and Citizenship (CIC) website. It's a point based application and you get to see your points/ score after completion of application.

ITA is Invitation to Apply for Canadian Permanent Residence. This is the message you get from CIC when you have qualified to apply for Canadian PR. You get ITA when you reach or surpass the minimum cutoff based on your score. Once you get your ITA you can successfully fill and pay for the application.

AOR is Acknowledgment of Receipt. This is the message you get when you have successfully filled and paid for your PR application.

BGC is Background Check. Once you have your AOR, the next thing is the 6 month wait period. During this period, you can log in to check status and update on your application. BGC, Medicals, Eligibility are basically some of the things you are assessed on and you can see update on these when you log in to your CIC.

All the best

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jenny3(f): 3:19pm On Jul 16, 2017
I had a similar experience, used my brother's Bank of America visa card, payment declined but he told me he received email to confirm which he did and said I should try again. I waited till my account reset to show make payment then tried again, payment was successful. You need to make payment again as the initial payment didn't go through
walexlo78:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kyaggy(f): 3:40pm On Jul 16, 2017
esosa4real:

Not necessarily the finger print forms but maybe the final PCC!!

But first please check cic website, check the PCC section for the exact procedure on how to get Nigerian PCC according to your country of residence.....it is different for Nigerians resident abroad.

Who knows, this might have been the cause of rejection but maybe not...?..Might just be the overzealousness of vo!! (but he can back his reason up, because the rules are on their site).

I say this because, for those of us in middle east for example, we are expected to send our pcc to Naija and upon return, attest it at the Nigerian Embassy.(it's written like this for Nigerians in UAE, OMAN! SAUDI Arabia, KUWAIT etc).
Now most of us here don't even attest anything because the Nigerian embassies here are very slow like the president, but we fortunately get away with it! My friends didnot attest and got PPR.... (Not heard of Nigerians rejected for this before but indians and Pakistanis have got rejection for this reason).

Well even though we cant state categorically if this was your case, I advise that this time, you attest the pcc after getting it, with the Nigerian embassy in your country of residence, if its required.

Lastly, what format did you get it? Was it scanned to you? That would have been okay if you wanna submit directly without attestation.
But if you plan attestation with Nigerian embassy (recommended), then let them courier the pcc to you in its original form!

NB: I even did a similar gamble with my pcc and praying for God's favour......God help us all

Please am in the Middle East as well, and we are planning on getting pcc when we go for vacation next month..

Please can you explain better how we are supposed to do it without getting into trouble?
Please help a sister and her family.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jenny3(f): 3:41pm On Jul 16, 2017
Yes its possible to apply from Canada however l suggest you defer your admission and start the EE process here with your age and experience your score should be quite high to get an ITA soon. However if funds is not an issue and you will still have POF required after paying fees you can go ahead with your masters and apply from Canada. Either way all the best
kalohenic:
Good day house.

This is my first post here, I have tried to read through earlier pages of this thread, you'll have been doing a great job here.

I recently got study permit for a two years master's program (Control Systems) at University of Alberta in Canada to commence 5th of September 2017.

I am currently working in a multinational manufacturing company here in Nigeria and recently got an outstanding appraisal report that sees my pay upto NGN 550K monthly.

I have four years experience in the field of Control Systems (Automation Engineer and Instrumentation Engineer in two household name multinational firms).

If I go for the masters I would sponsor myself, and the cost is quite high. But with a PR the cost would drastically reduce.

Now the questions:

Is it possible to start the application for EE entry while I am already in Canada? (As I plan to get my transcript sent to WES before leaving for the masters program)

would you advise based on the experience of those already in Canada, I quit my job for the masters with the hope of securing a PR and good job over there?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by akinkk(m): 4:08pm On Jul 16, 2017
Good day house. Kudos to the contributors, congratulations to the successful applicants and good luck to the expectants. I'm new here and I've gone through the first page of this thread, CIC website and other resources. I also used a third party EE points calculator and had a score of 412 which meets the minimum but is low compared to the CRS points being released.

I'm a fresh graduate (Bsc) seeking to immigrate with just one year of work experience (NYSC). I want to ask if it's possible to get an ITA with this little qualification or if there are ways to increase my points.

PS: I haven't taken the IELTS test yet, but with the EE calculator, I was able to put in possible ace scores but couldn't go beyond the 412 mark.

Male
Single
Edu: Bsc Mechanical engineering
Work experience: 1 year (NYSC) NOC A
Targeted province: Alberta

Most of the PPRs I've seen on this thread had more qualifications or certificates. This might make my request sound rhetorical but I'm asking if there are a select few with my kind of profile that made it and how they went about it.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by superchi: 4:26pm On Jul 16, 2017
Hello Peeps,

See how funny time is, it just flies!

More than a year ago I post the quote below.

I have landed in Canada for six (6) weeks now and I have worked for three (3) weeks already.

Just to encourage you all to be steadfast and be patient, this journey is not a raffle it's a process.

Ask question and read, read and read information about everything and everyday living.

I wish everyone best of life, and from time to time I will offer my help here based on my experience.

Happy Sunday!

superchi:

Hey bro,

Today, a new phase in the journey just begun. I got ITA.

I wish you God's blessings too.

Thanks everyone!

J

28 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 4:35pm On Jul 16, 2017
superchi:
Hello Peeps,

See how funny time is, it just flies!

More than a year ago I post the quote below.

I have landed in Canada for six (6) weeks now and I have worked for three (3) weeks already.

Just to encourage you all to be steadfast and be patient, this journey is not a raffle it's a process.

Ask question and read, read and read information about everything and everyday living.

I wish everyone best of life, and from time to time I will offer my help here based on my experience.

Happy Sunday!

Fantastic!!! Congrats on safe landing @superchi. If u don't mind pls share ur landing experience i.e airport clearance, housing, job hunting etc. U can do dat here and on dis thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/3617393/living-canada-life-canadian-immigrant/27#58462202

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 4:40pm On Jul 16, 2017
kalohenic:
Good day house.

Now the questions:

Jeez dude, why are you trying to leave tho? You're 29 and earn 550k monthly with a lot of experience under ur belt and u wanna leave that for what? If this was my situation, o boy, f**k Canada o. Anyways my advice is forget that MSc bros, apply for PR straight. Even when u get it, go for a short landing, come back and continue working. After 2 and a half years start applying for jobs in Canada. Then move finally. Better don't complicate ur situation cos u wan comot naija by force. U got it good o.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by superchi: 4:40pm On Jul 16, 2017
Congrats!

If no change in family info including travelling, no need to complete IMM008 form.

And look at the bottom of your PPR for the mailing address!

Cheers

Moatte:
My beautiful people it is,with great pleasure I announce to you that PPR has landed ooooooooo.

Please next steps abeg mk I no do mistake
1. Passports
2. Passport photos
3. Do I fill the FORM IMM8? My family info is still same.
4. They didn't specify the mailing address but the vfs option is Ghana website..pls advise.

AOR : April 10
Meds passed: June 13
NA: June 13 or 16 not sure
IP2: July 7
PPR : July 13
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Mire222: 5:42pm On Jul 16, 2017
chinchum:
@mire222
Send a mail to cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca asking for your visa office, and follow the below format.

Thank you chinchum
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by honeybeetom: 5:53pm On Jul 16, 2017
@tooyy, Have you heard from them now
Tooyy:

passport delivered june 28....no word since then. i havent got it back...still in the waiting game like u guys
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MrOba: 5:53pm On Jul 16, 2017
Hi,

I think you should consider deferring the admission till next year if that is a possibility.

Then you can start processing the express entry now. You can always do your Masters once you are in Canada as a PR.

kalohenic:
Good day house.

Now the questions:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by honeybeetom: 6:06pm On Jul 16, 2017
I think u should defer ur admissions till next yr n wait till u become a PR by applying through EE, its easier to get admissions abroad than Nigerian good job search..my opinion
MrOba:
Hi,

I think you should consider deferring the admission till next year if that is a possibility.

Then you can start processing the express entry now. You can always do your Masters once you are in Canada as a PR.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by soadirect: 6:14pm On Jul 16, 2017
Congrats. The guidelines for Ontario PNP is available here http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps_010517.pdf

Bimz89:
Good morning everyone. Please can someone send me the application guideline for ontario's provincial nomination. I received notification of interest from them but I have been searching for the application guideline ever since. Please I need your help as soon as possible. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cheapphones: 6:19pm On Jul 16, 2017
kalohenic:
Good day house.

Now the questions:

Firstly I think you should not go for msc this year, if you will go to canny at all, defer the masters, apply for EE and you can later do masters as a PR which would be easier and cheaper. As to whether you can get a job better than what you have in naija over there I can't say, specially considering it's ICT we hear is very hot and in high demand there, and based on information I have from my ppl in canny, your job here is quite good enough and it may not be worth it dumping it to go to canny, except offcos you have other issues that make you wanna leave the job.
However, other ppl already in canny can give more advise as per leaving your job and getting another over there.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimz89: 6:59pm On Jul 16, 2017
Thanks @soadirect. Really appreciate
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kalohenic: 8:43pm On Jul 16, 2017
Thanks for your comment @wura27
I will start the express entry process this week.

Lol @ the bold statement. I appreciate your concern

Wura27:

Hi, congrats on your recent promotion.

1. Yes you can start your express entry whilst in Canada.

2. [b]Please don't quit abeg![/b]I personally think Masters is kinda overrrated plus you are more than qualified to apply for express entry and PR here in Naija whilst working.

My personal opinion.

All the best in whichever you decide....

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kalohenic: 9:03pm On Jul 16, 2017
Thanks Jenny3. The issue that I deferred my admission from fall 2016 to fall 2017, so I dout if the school would be willing to defer again this I will confirm tomorrow. And yea, i have the funds to apply for EE

jenny3:
Yes its possible to apply from Canada however l suggest you defer your admission and start the EE process here with your age and experience your score should be quite high to get an ITA soon. However if funds is not an issue and you will still have POF required after paying fees you can go ahead with your masters and apply from Canada. Either way all the best
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by fadedayo: 9:15pm On Jul 16, 2017
Hello all.

My wife and I are about to get into the EE pool and she is the primary applicant.

Where they asked for my work experience, I filled "none" as getting reference from my employers may be tricky, plus I am not the primary applicant and will not be claiming points for employment.

Seniors, please what is the implication of this. I hope I've not shot myself in the foot.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 9:26pm On Jul 16, 2017
Timhortons:
For those that are relocating by August or September,I have a one bedroom apartment @ the centre of calgary,2mins walk from Bow valley college,close to SAIT and U of C and the monthly rent is reasonable.Happy landing in advance

Price pls.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:32pm On Jul 16, 2017
funjy:
Anyone with contact in OSU (OOU) should please assist. Trying to get my spouse transcript for close to two months now. @40manlappy and others please assist.

Sorry for the delayed response. Guess you have been sorted already?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:33pm On Jul 16, 2017
deeore:
Congratulations to all d PPR recipients... This is just d beginining of goodnews in your lives... And for us prospective receivers.. May we be able to give such news too...
@Mummyjaygirls,@40manlappy n co... Your goodnews is few hours away....

Amen to the prayers. God bless! smiley

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:36pm On Jul 16, 2017
@kalohenic

You have been given good advice. It's better to get your PR first so that you can enjoy the best of both worlds cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by suziee83: 10:09pm On Jul 16, 2017
Hello eveyone, I got an invitation letter for Ontario program and part of my settlement fund is in my canada's act while the remaining is in my husband accountt in Nigeria.

The fund in the nigeria account was earlier used as a proof of fund when he applied for spouse open work permit (sowp) which we are yet to receive.

Please do you all think I can still use the exact fund in my husband's account as part of the settlement fund for Ontario Nominee Program (OINP) or we need another proof of fund to meet up with the exact amount for (OINP).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by honeybeetom: 10:14pm On Jul 16, 2017
Please, how long does it take from passport submission to passport return after ppr, mine is over two weeks now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.