Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (650) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2608722 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yooku: 10:22am On Jul 18, 2017
boldinc:
Either get a friend or relative with an international card to help out and you pay naira or open a Dorm acct in Nigeria, buy dollars from black market and load of your card.

In my case, got someone to fund my BoA account and I paid her in Naira. It's what she does. She also helps people make international payments I believe...

Great job you guys are doing.Apologies to ask this question. No harm intended, i'm not Nigerian so don't know the situation inland but I see a lot of people suggesting to buy dollars from "black market" ie through unofficial channels like individuals etc I suppose. Why this route? Is getting dollars from the bank/forex bureau difficult, or is it a way to avoid their high charges and get more dollars for your Naira? The only reason I would be compelled to go to the black market is when I want to change dollars and get a higher rate because of the lower rates of the forex/banks. Even that is not a norm, I believe most people in my jurisdiction deal more with the official market than black market. Some clarity will be appreciated

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mamacajah: 10:28am On Jul 18, 2017
wow! congrats to all our PPRs grin cheesy! this is indeed a blessed morning. I know sey I happy passuna when me sef still dey ECA stage. My school just finally replied WES today for verification... we dey near the promised land small small wink

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by impish: 10:35am On Jul 18, 2017
Hi All,

Glad to have found this thread.

My family and I will be relocating to Canada (Ontario) next month. We are very excited about our upcoming move.

I started a blog - mycanadianfling - on our journey through this process. I am also including some information on how to get started on this Canadian Immigration process. Please feel free to check it out and send me your comments. .

Thank you all.....

Mrs. O.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 10:37am On Jul 18, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

EE process takes 6 months, belle takes 9 months. Therefore u would most like still be pregnant when u get ur visa, no addition to family has occurred, so no need to inform cic.

Except ofcourse u want to be updating cic of every activity between u and hubby, lol

Cic me and oga just did the do
Cic I'm pregnant now
Cic my baby just kicked for the first time
Cic, I think I'm getting too fat with this preg
Hehehe!

Btw, congrats on the bundle of joy, Canadian in the making wink

Very cheeky woman! Please don't kill me with Laugh this morning...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Feygbe: 10:41am On Jul 18, 2017
Ehrnie:
Gather around guys - I’ve got something to tell yah.
The much awaited PPR has finally loaded smiley Woohoo
Below is my timeline -
FSW Outland / Single Applicant

ITA received 08 February ‘17
eApr submitted 31 March
AOR 31 March
Meds passed 02 June
BGC IP1 02 June
BGC N/A 07 June
BG IP2 01 July
PPR 14 July

Thanks to y’all for helping out with my enquiries…if I start mentioning names, I’ll add 10 extra pages to this already long thread. You know yourselves and I celebrate you today as well.

I’ll be back with my Post PPR questions but for now, make I go find somewhere cool my body, lol.

@ 40manlappy, Mummyjaygirls, Temitope06, Beem4cupid, Gquest, boldinc, cathymia…I see you! We are going to see Santa Clause in Canada…no more Father Christmas……..

Big congratulations to you! Wow! This is indeed our year on this forum.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 18, 2017
So happy to wake up to news of more April PPRs. A big congrats to you all.

Oya all April candidates should quickly get their their PPRs this week and shift for we May peeps.

The end is finally drawing closer....

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 11:05am On Jul 18, 2017
impish:
Hi All,

Glad to have found this thread.

My family and I will be relocating to Canada (Ontario) next month. We are very excited about our upcoming move.

I started a blog - mycanadianfling - on our journey through this process. I am also including some information on how to get started on this Canadian Immigration process. Please feel free to check it out and send me your comments. .

Thank you all.....

Mrs. O.

What a nice read Mrs. O.... I literally felt your emotions lol... Ontario is a beautiful place! Can be expensive though but totally worth it!
I hope to meet you next year when we come as PRs (IJN) we'll most likely be staying in Oakville for a while..

Happy settling..

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Feygbe: 11:14am On Jul 18, 2017
Hello everyone.

I have a question please. I have a PCC from Georgia, a non English speaking country. I had it translated by an authorized Georgian translator. Is this sufficient enough or are there approved agencies where this must be done?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by merrymum: 11:26am On Jul 18, 2017
Congratulations 40manlappy and drhopeful!!!

Got PPR too!!!! So excited!!!! Timeline is:
96 days from AOR to PPR.
FSW-O, family of 3

ITA 1st March
AOR 12th April
Med passed 14th June
IP1 14th June
NA 21st June
IP2 12th July
PPR 17th July.

Thank you so much to everyone on this thread that helped in one way or the other. God bless you greatly and for sure we will all be successful in this journey!

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 11:30am On Jul 18, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

EE process takes 6 months, belle takes 9 months. Therefore u would most like still be pregnant when u get ur visa, no addition to family has occurred, so no need to inform cic.

Except ofcourse u want to be updating cic of every activity between u and hubby, lol

Cic I'm pregnant now
Hehehe!

MummyJaygirls! MummyJaygirls!! MummyJaygirls!!! How many times did I call u? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 11:34am On Jul 18, 2017
merrymum:

96 days from AOR to PPR.
FSW-O, family of 3

ITA 1st March
AOR 12th April
Med passed 14th June
IP1 14th June
NA 21st June
IP2 12th July
PPR 17th July.

Thank you so much to everyone on this thread that helped in one way or the other. God bless you greatly and for sure we will all be successful in this journey!

Congrats merrymum. You have opened the way for the mums to start getting PPRs. MummyJaygirls take note . wink

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tbaby2015: 11:37am On Jul 18, 2017
merrymum:

96 days from AOR to PPR.
FSW-O, family of 3

ITA 1st March
AOR 12th April
Med passed 14th June
IP1 14th June
NA 21st June
IP2 12th July
PPR 17th July.

So, so happy for you all...@40manlappy, @drhopeful, @merrymum, Gquest and all of una. God bless our hustle. Still waiting to get into the pool. Dont forget us too o, check in once in a while. Wish u the best!

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by A14: 11:39am On Jul 18, 2017
Another rain of PPR. Congrats guys.
Hope I'll be under the next rain

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mzjennypher(f): 11:40am On Jul 18, 2017
Hello House, congrats to everyone who got PR, i tap into the anointing oo. pls house, the sch where i did my mba is currently having unrest (O.A.U).I have someone doing my statement of result (no positive news yet) i also have another person doing the transcript, he just called now to tell me i can apply for my transcript and asked for the address to send to. My questions:
I am yet to apply for IQAS and i have read her couple of times that there is usually a reference number, i do not have that yet. is it compulsory the school includes my reference number when sending addressing/send the transcript to IQAS?
He also to send it on my behalf because of the stress of following up with the dept to send, please what shld i tell him to be mindful of when sending.
Please can someone please help with IQAS address?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tbaby2015: 11:43am On Jul 18, 2017
mzjennypher:
Hello House, congrats to everyone who got PR, i tap into the anointing oo. pls house, the sch where i did my mba is currently having unrest (O.A.U).I have someone doing my statement of result (no positive news yet) i also have another person doing the transcript, he just called now to tell me i can apply for my transcript and asked for the address to send to. My questions:
I am yet to apply for IQAS and i have read her couple of times that there is usually a reference number, i do not have that yet. is it compulsory the school includes my reference number when sending addressing/send the transcript to IQAS?
He also to send it on my behalf because of the stress of following up with the dept to send, please what shld i tell him to be mindful of when sending.
Please can someone please help with IQAS address?

Thanks.

Very compulsory else your transcript will be missing in action (lol) check this out

https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-immigration-apply.aspx
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mzjennypher(f): 11:45am On Jul 18, 2017
tbaby2015:

Very compulsory else your transcript will be missing in action (lol) check this out

https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-immigration-apply.aspx

Thanks. Please can i apply without sending my statement of result/passport while i work on getting it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 11:49am On Jul 18, 2017
Finally... Congrats bro...

40manlappy:
Guys, it's PPR!! Be right back... cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by UdomoLeinad: 11:50am On Jul 18, 2017
HAHAHA pardon me I had to laugh at that, gosh!

MummyJaygirls:

Cic I'm pregnant now
Hehehe!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by UdomoLeinad: 11:51am On Jul 18, 2017
I was thinking the same thing but I believe some will stay as alumnis to guide we young ones. Still awaiting IELTS results myself

philip3:
congrats to the new PPR recipients. very soon the elders will move out of this thread.
we need new seniors.
me still dey wait for eca with unilag before I dive into the pool.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 11:56am On Jul 18, 2017
mzjennypher:

Thanks. Please can i apply without sending my statement of result/passport while i work on getting it?

Don't put the cat before the horse. Apply and make payment for your ECA first. Thereafter complete the application form. Scan and fax the signed application form and other docs (degree, passport data page or driving license, checklist) to IQAS fax number (there are lots of free online fax services just google). Complete your portion of the transcript request form and send to your contact to give them in school to complete their portion and add to the transcript package before sending to IQAS. CHIKENA!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by LordSebastian: 11:58am On Jul 18, 2017
Yes oo...we May AORs

Wura27:

So happy to wake up to news of more April PPRs. A big congrats to you all.

Oya all April candidates should quickly get their their PPRs this week and shift for we May peeps.

The end is finally drawing closer....

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mzjennypher(f): 12:01pm On Jul 18, 2017
perks:

Don't put the cat before the horse. Apply and make payment for your ECA first. Thereafter complete the application form. Scan and fax the signed application form and other docs (degree, passport data page or driving license, checklist) to IQAS fax number (there are lots of free online fax services just google). Complete your portion of the transcript request form and send to your contact to give them in school to complete their portion and add to the transcript package before sending to IQAS. CHIKENA!!!

Thank you.@perks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 12:13pm On Jul 18, 2017
merrymum:

96 days from AOR to PPR.
FSW-O, family of 3

ITA 1st March
AOR 12th April
Med passed 14th June
IP1 14th June
NA 21st June
IP2 12th July
PPR 17th July.

Woohoo!!! Congrats merrilicious mum wink

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AlexanderGreat(m): 12:22pm On Jul 18, 2017
Let it keep raining! Congratulations!!!

merrymum:

96 days from AOR to PPR.
FSW-O, family of 3

ITA 1st March
AOR 12th April
Med passed 14th June
IP1 14th June
NA 21st June
IP2 12th July
PPR 17th July.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 12:28pm On Jul 18, 2017
No Banks in Nigeria will sell dollars to you except it's for PTA or BTA (Personal / Business Travel Allowance)and you must have a valid visa and ticket to the country. So, most people go to the black market to purchase and fund their dorm accounts.

Yooku:

Great job you guys are doing.Apologies to ask this question. No harm intended, i'm not Nigerian so don't know the situation inland but I see a lot of people suggesting to buy dollars from "black market" ie through unofficial channels like individuals etc I suppose. Why this route? Is getting dollars from the bank/forex bureau difficult, or is it a way to avoid their high charges and get more dollars for your Naira? The only reason I would be compelled to go to the black market is when I want to change dollars and get a higher rate because of the lower rates of the forex/banks. Even that is not a norm, I believe most people in my jurisdiction deal more with the official market than black market. Some clarity will be appreciated

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tpain22: 12:47pm On Jul 18, 2017
cheapphones:

I literally screamed when I saw this, someone would think it's my ppr, congratulations man you have such a good heart. All the best.
Me still waiting on lautech for eca.
Mummyjaygirls, we're expecting yours next.

Am still waiting for LAUTECH as well for ECA.. It's heart breaking
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JESUnifemi4eva: 12:53pm On Jul 18, 2017
Yipppeeee

Congrats 40manlappy
40manlappy:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Feygbe: 12:59pm On Jul 18, 2017
Hello Fellow medical doctors in the house, pls help with this question. My friend got her ITA last draw with a CRS of 456. She was given 50 points in skill transferability for two or more post secondary degrees. She only has a medical degree straight from secondary school and no bachelors degree prior. Is this the usual or is this a mistake?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yokus(f): 12:59pm On Jul 18, 2017
CONGRATULATIONS guys, truly excited for you @drhopeful @40manlappy and @Gquest
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 1:03pm On Jul 18, 2017
A big congratulations on your PPR guys! Happy COPR and happy landing @drhopeful @40manlappy @merrymum A.K.A Merrilicious mom and @Gquest.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yokus(f): 1:09pm On Jul 18, 2017
Your message touched me. Thanks. Congratulations

So to the guys at AOR, Med passed, IP1/2, PPR congratulations to you, may God see us all to the end. More importantly, to the guys who have had one challenge or the other, keep pressing, check, re-check and re-fire your documents to cic, your canny dreams is just around the corner.

Thank you all.

[/quote]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by showerses: 1:41pm On Jul 18, 2017
Congrats Oga
40manlappy:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (647) (648) (649) (650) (651) (652) (653) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.