Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (647) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599180 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 8:59pm On Jul 17, 2017
Babachi:

Sure you can handwrite the details

Thanks Babachi.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by damidamsel: 9:01pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ok then....so i have to go and dose up on a lot of patience and prayer. lol. thanks!!!

Happylassy:

Hi there,

All I can say is that this CIC PR is a work of patience. My total time line to PPR would be almost 110 days or more. I ran out of patience and went to get some more. My best advise: if you are a person of faith PRAY and if not get very busy in something consuming and enjoyable. I dont think there is a rational way to work out timing with CIC, and to be honest every application is peculiar.

Chill out, enjoy the time before you move into the cold. grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by damidamsel: 9:03pm On Jul 17, 2017
That would be just awesome grin Thanks

MummyJaygirls:

It means IP2 status uploading smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ebho: 9:29pm On Jul 17, 2017
OK Thanks
boldinc:
Either get a friend or relative with an international card to help out and you pay naira or open a Dorm acct in Nigeria, buy dollars from black market and load of your card.

In my case, got someone to fund my BoA account and I paid her in Naira. It's what she does. She also helps people make international payments I believe...

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:31pm On Jul 17, 2017
@yokus Sorry about the cancellation. Suggestions have been given for your next course of action. Wish you the best!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 9:32pm On Jul 17, 2017
Sorry about that Yokus. It's a temporary setback. That's why I don't like referring people to read up without trying to answer their questions because someone might read and miss important info. I keep learning everyday.

New draws this Wednesday, fingers crossed.

Modified.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 9:36pm On Jul 17, 2017
Issyman:
dear Seniors, i am filling application for the IELTS but i dont know how many years to state in the section where they asked for nos of years one has been studying English.
also, what is d implication if one does not state its for immigration. thank you all for your response.

I put my age there. I haven't studied any other language. I stated that it's for immigration purposes. I don't think it impacted negatively on my scores. But I know there is a split on this as people feel they mark you down when they know it is for immigration. Who knows, they may be right.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 9:48pm On Jul 17, 2017
XX01:
Sorry about that Yokus. It's a temporary setback. That's why I don't like referring people to read up because someone might read and miss important info. I keep learning everyday.

On the contrary, I knew this information because I read up. I didn't think I needed it too as I've never lived in the US then I read It's cumulative and so I asked the necessary info right here on this thread.
It's very important to read up.
Information is power!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ajujuju2: 9:48pm On Jul 17, 2017
yokus:
Thank you very much, i appreciate you @ajujuju2 @bbaby84 @wura27 @lamlye
There was a clause in the letter stating no usa police cert or evidence of it being done. What is the best advice, i downloaded the filled form and will go to alagbon to do the finger printing and dhl it this week.
However does it make sense to enter the pool or accept ita again... or does the clause "evidence of processing the police cert" mean that i can upload the evidence of processing it.

Evidence means proof that it is in processing. E.g, dhl receipts, dhl tracking page showing it was received in Virginia, card statement showing debit etc.

My advice... IF YOU ARE INVITED, ACCEPT ITA BUT DO NOT SUBMIT APPLICATION TILL ALMOST THE 90TH DAY.
Y? Give yourself time to receive the pcc. Dont be in a hurry to submit, the time spent waiting to receive d pcc is also evidence to be included in LOE. If it still doesnt come and its time to submit, write an LOE and attach d aforementioned forms of evidence.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 10:01pm On Jul 17, 2017
I called cic today as I no get work grin (all na part of the waiting) and God directed a guy with sweet voice to attend to me to soothe my anxiety. Lol

Let me go and practice my Canadian accent cool I will call tomoro, I forgot to ask a question, I feel anxious again grin

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ajujuju2: 10:12pm On Jul 17, 2017
MummyJaygirls:
I called cic today as I no get work grin (all na part of the waiting) and God directed a guy with sweet voice to attend to me to soothe my anxiety. Lol

Let me go and practice my Canadian accent cool I will call tomoro, I forgot to ask a question, I feel anxious again grin

Lwkmd! Woman you are blessed with great sense of humour. O well, no better way to pass time than to make merry.

(In thick accent) Time for gbeborun. Oya wah did you hask the guy and wah did e say?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kyaggy(f): 10:20pm On Jul 17, 2017
Kyaggy:

Not necessarily the finger print forms but maybe the final PCC!!

But first please check cic website, check the PCC section for the exact procedure on how to get Nigerian PCC according to your country of residence.....it is different for Nigerians resident abroad.

Who knows, this might have been the cause of rejection but maybe not...?..Might just be the overzealousness of vo!! (but he can back his reason up, because the rules are on their site).

I say this because, for those of us in middle east for example, we are expected to send our pcc to Naija and upon return, attest it at the Nigerian Embassy.(it's written like this for Nigerians in UAE, OMAN! SAUDI Arabia, KUWAIT etc).
Now most of us here don't even attest anything because the Nigerian embassies here are very slow like the president, but we fortunately get away with it! My friends didnot attest and got PPR.... (Not heard of Nigerians rejected for this before but indians and Pakistanis have got rejection for this reason).

Well even though we cant state categorically if this was your case, I advise that this time, you attest the pcc after getting it, with the Nigerian embassy in your country of residence, if its required.

Lastly, what format did you get it? Was it scanned to you? That would have been okay if you wanna submit directly without attestation.
But if you plan attestation with Nigerian embassy (recommended), then let them courier the pcc to you in its original form!

NB: I even did a similar gamble with my pcc and praying for God's favour......God help us

]I Still need help please OOO

Please has anyone staying in the Middle East done PCC?

Please how did you go about it? We are planning to get from alagbon when we will be in Lagos hopefully next month.. Will that be acceptable?
Somebody help please!!
Guru in the house please!!
I seriously need guideline please!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tollu: 10:35pm On Jul 17, 2017
bbaby84:

On the contrary, I knew this information because I read up. I didn't think I needed it too as I've never lived in the US then I read It's cumulative and so I asked the necessary info right here on this thread.
Information is power!

I agree completely. I don't even need a US PCC and just from reading this thread, I learnt PCCs are cumulative. Nothing beats reading. Seriously.

Sorry about the setback Yokus, it will all work out in the end. Hugs.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 10:35pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ajujuju2:

Lwkmd! Woman you are blessed with great sense of humour. O well, no better way to pass time than to make merry.

(In thick accent) Time for gbeborun. Oya wah did you hask the guy and wah did e say?

Me sef no remember wetin I talk, lol. all I could hear was the guy's voice. He come spoil the whole thing when he speak French. Choi! I come dey stammer. embarassed grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chuckdee13(m): 10:40pm On Jul 17, 2017
Hello all,

Please I need clarification with this in order to accurately calculate my points for me to proceed. The question might be a cliche because I read on the NOC pages that for petroleum engineering chemical engineering is NOT related. I studied petroleum engineering and I have process engineering (chemical engineering) experience, can I claim points for work experience? I just need clarification. Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by GboyegaD(m): 10:44pm On Jul 17, 2017
yokus:
Thank you very much, i appreciate you @ajujuju2 @bbaby84 @wura27 @lamlye
There was a clause in the letter stating no usa police cert or evidence of it being done. What is the best advice, i downloaded the filled form and will go to alagbon to do the finger printing and dhl it this week.
However does it make sense to enter the pool or accept ita again... or does the clause "evidence of processing the police cert" mean that i can upload the evidence of processing it.

Please get into the pool and put a letter of explanation to it stating you have applied for it. When they get to the point where it is needed, they will give you time to upload same.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:45pm On Jul 17, 2017
XX01:

Possibly... wink

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by GboyegaD(m): 10:46pm On Jul 17, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

sorry about the cancellation. I never did a US PCC but have read on this forum it takes 8-12wks to receive it.
From previous experiences shared on this thread, It was advised that people who applied for FBI PCC should hold on to submitting their app(i.e after ITA ) till veerry close to their 90days deadline ..and if d us pcc doesnt arrive by then, ..u can then submit your app with a LOE + evidence of fbi pcc application in the placeholder for US pcc...and send a cse as soon as u get d pcc.

Cheers and speedy ppr in your nxt application.

I don't think there is a need to wait. For my case, I got one but had to go to the US after then so when I got another ITA, I applied for it. I attached a letter of explanation to my PCC stating I have applied for one and the day after medical passed, I was given 2months to upload same. If she applies now, between when she gets ITA and upload the documents, the days for the FBI PCC is already counting.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 17, 2017
How does one attach a particular NOC to the job responsibilities when the title corresponds to another NOC ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Issyman(m): 11:09pm On Jul 17, 2017
XX01:

I put my age there. I haven't studied any other language. I stated that it's for immigration purposes. I don't think it impacted negatively on my scores. But I know there is a split on this as people feel they mark you down when they know it is for immigration. Who knows, they may be right.

thanks for ur response my dear.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ltee: 11:10pm On Jul 17, 2017
All protocols duly observed.

My cic account was updated to approved today, obviously it looks like I am coming to the end of a journey which was birthed about this same time last year. I am grateful to God and every member on this forum for your support, contributions and love. You guys are the bomb!

I would be writing details of my progress from the beginning till date just to encourage somebody out there not to despair but persevere through this tough cic process.

Sept 24 - 1st IELTS LRWS overall 7.5
Spouse IELTS - 8.5,6.5,7.5,6.5 overall 7.5
Dec 3 - Second IELTS LRWS 8.5,8,7,7.5 overall 8
Dec 28 - EE profile
Jan 11 ITA
Mar 15 Aor
May 11 Med passed
May 12 IP 1
May 11 Adr schedule A and travel history
May 15 Submitted Adr
May 26 Adr international pp update.
May 30 submitted new international pp.
June 19 IP2
June 29 PPR
June 30 sent pp to AVO.
July 4 arrived AVO.
July 17 my cic approved
COPR....

I am sure this would encourage someone on this waka as I had my fair share of challenges. Wrote ielts twice to hit 467 cos the points where pretty high back then. I also applied as self employed hence my tax and financial statements had to be up to date. This cost money, but in the end I am thanking God.

So to the guys at AOR, Med passed, IP1/2, PPR congratulations to you, may God see us all to the end. More importantly, to the guys who have had one challenge or the other, keep pressing, check, re-check and re-fire your documents to cic, your canny dreams is just around the corner.

Thank you all.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bosakelvin(m): 12:30am On Jul 18, 2017
Cant wait to complete my masters degree here in germany, and start this canny process, all infos for my better tommorrow i always sourced on nairaland, just finished reading thread from 0, am so harmed with all the info that i feel like fast forwarding the completion of my masters. for those expecting ppr surely u will get it, for those that are having challenges be sure u will testify at the end. Team 2019 signing up.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bosakelvin(m): 12:38am On Jul 18, 2017
My french classes starts August, to increase crs point once i go into the pool, i pray for more ppr stories here. Thanks all for the life changing infos here.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by akinkk(m): 1:12am On Jul 18, 2017
sad
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by akinkk(m): 1:15am On Jul 18, 2017
It's quite sad to be ignored. sad

akinkk:
Good day house. Kudos to the contributors, congratulations to the successful applicants and good luck to the expectants. I'm new here and I've gone through the first page of this thread, CIC website and other resources. I also used a third party EE points calculator and had a score of 412 which meets the minimum but is low compared to the CRS points being released.

I'm a fresh graduate (Bsc) seeking to immigrate with just one year of work experience (NYSC). I want to ask if it's possible to get an ITA with this little qualification or if there are ways to increase my points.

PS: I haven't taken the IELTS test yet, but with the EE calculator, I was able to put in possible ace scores but couldn't go beyond the 412 mark.

Male
Single
Edu: Bsc Mechanical engineering
Work experience: 1 year (NYSC) NOC A
Targeted province: Alberta

Most of the PPRs I've seen on this thread had more qualifications or certificates. This might make my request sound rhetorical but I'm asking if there are a select few with my kind of profile that made it and how they went about it.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yokus(f): 3:03am On Jul 18, 2017
I actually read and read but not everything. I just never saw it until recently. i bumped into someone saying something like it few days ago but it was too late by then. May God answer our heart's desires, i appreciate you all. Thanks again.

Information is power![/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 3:58am On Jul 18, 2017
yokus:
I actually read and read but not everything. I just never saw it until recently. i bumped into someone saying something like it few days ago but it was too late by then. May God answer our heart's desires, i appreciate you all. Thanks again.

Information is power!

That quote wasn't for you darling .. anyone could have made that mistake. I may have too.
It was for the other person encouraging people not to read.
The most important thing now is to get back onto the wagon and don't beat yourself up about it.
We all make mistakes.
Hope you're back in the pool? As I smell a draw today.
All the best and keep us posted.
x

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by fidelism: 4:45am On Jul 18, 2017
Pls, I need urgent response.
Does it matter if my NOC requires a degree in computer science but my degree is in social sciences.
For example, I have worked as a software engineer but didn't study computer science in the university.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by A14: 4:56am On Jul 18, 2017
funshobabs:
Greetings to all nairalanders in the house.
Please I need help, clarification and all the support in the house on FSW.

My profile:
Msc petroleum Engineering, Teesside UK.
BEng Mechanical Engineering (UNIMAID)
Work Experience : Lecturing (The Federal Polytechnic Ilaro. Department of Mechanical Engineering). From December 2014 to date.
Marital Status: Married to a beautiful and intelligent Lady.
Age 30.

We are both Teessiders....Borrooo
All the best in your application man

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekinado: 5:23am On Jul 18, 2017
Good morning house!
please I need answer urgently,
I am doing my ECA with WES, do I need to send an affidavit or change of name to wes?
I registered with my New name and I saw somewhere online that I have to submit an evidence that am married to WES. My school is sending my Transcript today so please what should I do ooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JESUnifemi4eva: 5:27am On Jul 18, 2017
Gosh! You are just so funny, I love your cheerfulness, eagerly waiting for you to receive PPR....this thread go shake ehnnnn!

MummyJaygirls:

Me sef no remember wetin I talk, lol. all I could hear was the guy's voice. He come spoil the whole thing when he speak French. Choi! I come dey stammer. embarassed grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JESUnifemi4eva: 5:29am On Jul 18, 2017
Hi Ekinado,

Just fax a copy of your marriage certificate and newspaper publication/affidavit for change of name to WES.

Relax....it won't affect your process as long as you send it with your registration details.

Ekinado:
Good morning house!
please I need answer urgently,
I am doing my ECA with WES, do I need to send an affidavit or change of name to wes?
I registered with my New name and I saw somewhere online that I have to submit an evidence that am married to WES. My school is sending my Transcript today so please what should I do ooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) (650) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.