Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,964 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:06 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (658) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2600866 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 7:55pm On Jul 19, 2017
ITABABE:
you are hilarious

Meanwhile all dem Ay, Bovi, basketmouth etc fling my CV, but God pass them, I will apply in Canada, lol

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 7:56pm On Jul 19, 2017
Cheriesparkle:

My dear, sorry for the mix up. Dont take all your clothes from Nigeria. You will not need a lot of them.

And Jumpers you can get some from Nija then when you get to Canada you can get more jumpers and winter jacket and other proper clothing for the cold weather.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Issyman(m): 8:15pm On Jul 19, 2017
Pls my people, I paid IQAS for wife's ECA on Friday 14th july and faxed all required docs to them on mon 17th July but I am yet to get a mail from them acknowledging the receipt of the docs though school yet to send the transcript.. I am a bit worried cos I want to pay for mine since morning. Anyone with this experience should shed more light. Thank you all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ebho: 8:20pm On Jul 19, 2017
Thanks
JESUnifemi4eva:
@Ebho, please search this thread for samples of gift deeds...get your relatives to sign off....make sure you submit before the 22nd otherwise yawa fit gas

You can back up your GTB letter and statement with a nice LOE . ..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sleekysilk: 8:22pm On Jul 19, 2017
dumsydsassy1:

Hi. Pls can ND&HND and BSC pass as two or more certificates?

I want to believe so. Not sure though. But u can give it a shot. You never can tell.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ITABABE: 8:47pm On Jul 19, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Meanwhile all dem Ay, Bovi, basketmouth etc fling my CV, but God pass them, I will apply in Canada, lol
lol. What's your AOR date?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by studyexec: 8:49pm On Jul 19, 2017
Issyman:
Pls my people, I paid IQAS for wife's ECA on Friday 14th july and faxed all required docs to them on mon 17th July but I am yet to get a mail from them acknowledging the receipt of the docs though school yet to send the transcript.. I am a bit worried cos I want to pay for mine since morning. Anyone with this experience should shed more light. Thank you all
Just be patient. They should respond in a couple of days. If not, you can call them or even resend the docs.
They have been experiencing a huge flow of ECA requests this year.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Issyman(m): 8:56pm On Jul 19, 2017
Many thanks for your response. I will go ahead and pay for mine this evening also.
studyexec:

Just be patient. They should respond in a couple of days. If not, you can call them or even resend the docs.
They have been experiencing a huge flow of ECA requests this year.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by femishow2005(m): 8:57pm On Jul 19, 2017
Hello My good people, Apppreciation to those rendering selfless assitance to people. Kudos!

Aplogogies that i want to ask these questions because it'll determine my line of action.

I've noticed couple of people in my office have been relocating through this Canadian Express Visa and i wish i can explore it too for better opportunites but before i commence i want to ask the following questions cos i've always been thinking i am ineligible.

1. Can i process it with HND as only Educational qualification
2. I've about 7years of working experience as a Contract staff ( Seconded) in financial firm. Do i fit to their requirements?
3. I've HND in Petroleum Eng. & Geology but i've been working in Financial firm with no other qualification.

I will appreciate a response from great people here with their vast expereince.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by funshobabs(m): 9:07pm On Jul 19, 2017
I am really grateful for this information.

yimiton:
You only need to assess your MSc. Even your BSc is not necessary and definitely, your SSCE is not necessary as well. Note that whether you assess both BSc and MSc or only MSc, you'll get the same points in education, so its unnecessary to assess both.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by honeybeetom: 9:07pm On Jul 19, 2017
Hello All, pls how long does stamping at Accra take?? Wanna book for flights so I need to plan wella. Thanks for your response...someone asked earlier, I also need answer to this question. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by fidelism: 9:16pm On Jul 19, 2017
femishow2005:
Hello My good people, Apppreciation to those rendering selfless assitance to people. Kudos!

Aplogogies that i want to ask these questions because it'll determine my line of action.

I've noticed couple of people in my office have been relocating through this Canadian Express Visa and i wish i can explore it too for better opportunites but before i commence i want to ask the following questions cos i've always been thinking i am ineligible.

2. I've about 7years of working experience as a Contract staff ( Seconded) in financial firm. Do i fit to their requirements?
3. I've HND in Petroleum Eng. & Geology but i've been working in Financial firm with no other qualification.

Thank you

With your HND only, slim chance except you get provincial nomination.
The following factors boost your chance
High qualification, at least msc (or first degree in Canada)
High Ielts score (@ least 8 in listening, 7 in others)
Age (29 and below get you maximum points)
Experience (3 years and above)

If you are deficient in age and qualification, you need a very high ielts score plus experience
With you HND you need at least ,(my permutation)
7.5 in speaking and writing
8.5 in listening
8 in reading
You must not be more than 34, the lesser the better,
Your experience must be one required in the NOC with at least 3 years experience

Use this tool to do some permutation.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Certain skills or job experience in some areas can get you provincial nomination.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 9:21pm On Jul 19, 2017
ITABABE:
lol. What's your AOR date?

May 13
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by GboyegaD(m): 9:24pm On Jul 19, 2017
Ljay17:
Hi folks,

In keeping with the celebratory mood of the forum, I'd like to share my own 'small' victory.

I received my OINP Nomination earlier today.
CRS updated to 1008
Primary NOC: 6235
IELTS: LSRW 9, 8.5, 8.5, 7

See timeline below:

EE Created: 06.06.2017
NOI: 09.06.2017
OneKey Reg 13.06.2017
Profile Withdrawn by OINP 28.06.2017...after the 14 day deadline
New Profile Created 02.07.2017
AOR: 03.07.2017
Assessment: 06.07.2017
DIP: 18.07.2017
Nomination: 19.07.17
ITA sitting back for the next draw smiley smiley smiley

​​My advise, if your CRS score is below 410 and you can afford the CAD1,500 OINP fee, by all means go for it!!! Secondly, make sure you submit all requested documents in one go. It makes decision making smooth and reduces processing time. Finally, as you may have noticed in my timeline, I registered the OneKey account and couldn't submit my application within the 14-day deadline, subsequently OINP withdrew that file. I simply created another file and then submitted with LOE stating that I was unable to submit due to incomplete docs.

Wish everyone else waiting for the good news all the best.

Open to answer any questions regarding OINP

Wow! It took less than a month to get OINP.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by GboyegaD(m): 9:26pm On Jul 19, 2017
ebho:
Good Evening House.

Congrats to all on their journey so far. Please I need advice on how to go about this POF. Here's a brief history.

The first month we had 1/3 of the total funds, while in the second month we had the full fund as stated for a family of 4 which we have maintained till date.

Today we were at the Bank(GTB) to get the CIC letter but they said they don't give CIC letter rather we got a reference letter stating our account numbers, the day it was opened without reflecting the current and average balance all on their letter head and also account statement for the account we are presenting.

Now the first question can we used this as POF and also do we need to explain the influx of money between the first and second month. Although this funds came from relatives how do we explain this.

Secondly the primary applicant birthday is July 22nd and if we do not submit before then we will loss some marks which will take us below the ITA Score. But we still have 42 days to submit as reflected on our form and there is a clause about birthday not affecting ITA. What do you advice in this situation.

Guys a brother need the best way to solve this issue.

Thanks.

Upon receiving ITA, your score is locked as such, the birthday doesn't affect anything. I am not familiar with the 6months thing as such I do not have an appropriate response for that part.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Happylassy: 9:30pm On Jul 19, 2017
Photocraft, 32 Opebi opposite Nett Pharmacy. They have the Canny diemensions

bbaby84:
Biko I'm tired of searching the thread. Please can someone help me with the studio where I can take passport photograph. I think it was Opebi someone wrote the other day....
Please

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Happylassy: 9:32pm On Jul 19, 2017
Baniks has closed down. I was there on Friday. There is Photocraft just opposite the Nett pharmacy building. 32 Opebi road Ikeja

GlitteringStar:

Baniks studio on opebi road, Ikeja (they share the building with NETT pharmacy)

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/556#57637545

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by GboyegaD(m): 9:33pm On Jul 19, 2017
femishow2005:

Thank you

You are fit to apply sir provided you can find a NOC code that fits your job description and your points are high enough to qualify for a draw.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 19, 2017
Happylassy:
Baniks has closed down. I was there on Friday. There is Photocraft just opposite the Nett pharmacy building. 32 Opebi road Ikeja

Thanks.

Cc: bbaby84
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AZeD1(m): 9:46pm On Jul 19, 2017
pinkcotton:
Hello everyone,

Congrats to everyone that have gotten PPR.I noticed that the PPR mail to send passports and passport photographs to ircc does not contain an address to post the documents to. How do we get the right address to send the documents to?

Please help guys! Thanks
The mail says if you are resident in Nigeria, send your passport to Ghana.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 10:04pm On Jul 19, 2017
Please permit me to correct your statement. It's been discussed severally here that HND (and ND) gives more points for this purpose than BsC as WES evaluates it as two or more certificates.

To the person that inquired, please use the crs tool provided to calculate your points or better still state your parameters. Age most importantly since you previously provided the others. The fact that you are in a contract role doesn't make you ineligible, what matters is your job description.

All the best.

fidelism:

If you are deficient in age and qualification, you need a very high ielts score plus experience
8.5 in listening
8 in reading
Your experience must be one required in the NOC with at least 3 years experience

Certain skills or job experience in some areas can get you provincial nomination.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JustinTrudeau: 10:07pm On Jul 19, 2017
I gave him my passport data page,cv,waec results,transcript(student copy)and my bsc certificate. I did not provide him with any email ad

Wat documents did you provide him with? Did u provide him with an email address to use? I believe u can always create a new profile using a different email address, provided an eAPR has not been submitted with the previous one. Feel free to contact me if u need further guidance.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JustinTrudeau: 10:14pm On Jul 19, 2017
No ma,i don't have ECA yet just IELTS

XX01:

What if he has taken your information for someone else to impersonate you? Did you give him your ECA and IELTS results?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jul 19, 2017
Pamperme:

You are gradually stepping into the shoes of Mummyjaygirls. cheesy cheesy

Ahhh I've not reached her level o! Me I'm intermediate and she's Senior's Senior cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 19, 2017
You are three much!! Thanks very much for the info. God bless

Cheriesparkle:

cheesy grin cheesy grin
Hahaha. I read this post and it made me laugh. My dear the cold is outta this world oh. Prepare yourself.

Please my 2kobo advice to anyone travelling soon.
Dont pack all your clothes from here. You will need more jumpers and clothes that are a bit thick that keeps you warm otherwise you will have to wear layers of 4 light clothes to get warm. Get some jumpers from here.

The cold easily gets through your head, feet, hands and neck. Always cover these areas. As you land quickly get a good pharmacy to take flu jab.

Avoid too flat shoes during the winter. Wedges are mostly good if you must wear something high. The cold ground can stiffen your leg movement. Booths for male or female is fine.

For most men you don't have to cut your hair too low cos of the cold. And ladies hnmmm. You will have to be in charge of the health of your hair. You cannot be running to the saloon to do a simple hair wash.

You will need to get deep conditioners, conditioning or moisturizing shampoos. This is because the cold bites our Nija hair really bad. Stay away from greasy hair creams, use more of leave in conditioners hair cream, hair serums(as they have repair ingredients and balances moisture and dryness. Get your own hand dryers and bendy rollers. Always do protective hairstyles to prevent minimal damage.

Get tights 80, 100, 150 Denier to wear underJeans trousers, normal trousers and skirts as they will protect your legs from the cold. Get thermal vests and bottoms or even tracksuit set the thick one.

You can carry foodstuffs as far as it is properly wrapped up in a cling film bag. All those using special soaps and creams get enough supplies too. I hope this small info helps. Goodluck to all travelling soon...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by impish: 10:34pm On Jul 19, 2017
We used Kodak opposite mega plaza in Victoria Island.

bbaby84:
Biko I'm tired of searching the thread. Please can someone help me with the studio where I can take passport photograph. I think it was Opebi someone wrote the other day....
Please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by impish: 10:38pm On Jul 19, 2017
Thank you. I intend to do so, God willing grin I can't wait to share the rest of our journey with you all. This forum has been a big help to my family and I through our process.

Mrs. O, mycanadianfling blog

bighead2:
I must say... Ur blog is really nice

Wish u and ur family a safe landing, and i hope and pray u keep the blog alive and give us real and first hand experiences on ur landing and adaptation process.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by femishow2005(m): 10:47pm On Jul 19, 2017
fidelism:

8.5 in listening
8 in reading

Thanks so much. God Bless
If i may what's the meaning of provincial nomination?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kemkem30(f): 10:53pm On Jul 19, 2017
Ehrnie:

While you are waiting, please familiarise yourself with the requirements for Ontario PNP ...I mean the docs that are required to be submitted with your application if you go down that route. The last thing you want to do is to start the document gathering process when you have very limited time.

All the best!
Thanks will do that

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jumax: 11:03pm On Jul 19, 2017
Hi all,

I am new here. I came here through the link posted by @osemigho on the Canadian Student Visa thread based on my case. I need ur opinion if I truly qualify for and express entry or any form of entry into canada. I have a BSc in International Law and Diplomacy from Nigeria, LLB from the UK and An LLM from the UK as well.I just recently graduated this year and do not have a professional working experience. I am not called to bar in any country and I have not done NYSC.

What do you think house? Plsssssssssssss I need your opinions.

Thank you for ur time in advance.

Regards.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Algbenguze: 11:03pm On Jul 19, 2017
[quote author=femishow2005 post=58633366]

Thanks so much. God Bless
If i may what's the meaning of provincial nomination?[/quote

Provincial Nomination is a program where a Canadian Province nominates you for permanent resident visa. It results in extra 600 points for you in the Express Entry pool to meet the cut off to be invited to apply for permanent resident visa. I suggest you read up on Express Entry and Provincial Nomination and be familiar with the processes involved.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by LordSebastian: 11:04pm On Jul 19, 2017
Oh boy! Can't wait!

perks:
All ye May AORs. PPR has started coming for u guys ooo. @Mummyjaygirls are u ready?? I ve seen May 5th & 6th receive. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.