Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (659) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2600863 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by femishow2005(m): 11:11pm On Jul 19, 2017
Bimpsy99:
Please permit me to correct your statement. It's been discussed severally here that HND (and ND) gives more points for this purpose than BsC as WES evaluates it as two or more certificates.

To the person that inquired, please use the crs tool provided to calculate your points or better still state your parameters. Age most importantly since you previously provided the others. The fact that you are in a contract role doesn't make you ineligible, what matters is your job description.

All the best.

Thanks Bimpsy99. God Bless

Education: HND Petroleum Engineering, HND Geology and OND Mineral Resources
Job Experience: 7years
Job Role: Internal Audit Functions
Professional: Certified Fraud Examiner, ACCA in view
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 11:21pm On Jul 19, 2017
Jumax:
Hi all,

I am new here. I came here through the link posted by @osemigho on the Canadian Student Visa thread based on my case. I need ur opinion if I truly qualify for and express entry or any form of entry into canada. I have a BSc in International Law and Diplomacy from Nigeria, LLB from the UK and An LLM from the UK as well.I just recently graduated this year and do not have a professional working experience. I am not called to bar in any country and I have not done NYSC.

What do you think house? Plsssssssssssss I need your opinions.

Thank you for ur time in advance.

Regards.

To be able to apply for permanent residence under d express entry program, u need a minimum of 1 year work experience in jobs classified under NOC 0, A or B. So based on d information u provided, u do not qualify. However, u can use d student option.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jumax: 11:27pm On Jul 19, 2017
perks:

To be able to apply for permanent residence under d express entry program, u need a minimum of 1 year work experience in jobs classified under NOC 0, A or B. So based on d information u provided, u do not qualify. However, u can use d student option.

Thank you for your opinion God bless.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 11:30pm On Jul 19, 2017
femishow2005:

Thanks Bimpsy99. God Bless

Education: HND Petroleum Engineering, HND Geology and OND Mineral Resources
Job Experience: 7years
Job Role: Internal Audit Functions
Professional: Certified Fraud Examiner, ACCA in view

U r very much in prime position to succeed in d express-entry program. Just evaluate ur degree wit WES n make sure u hit 8777 in IELTS and u will get a gud CRS score. Meanwhile pls read page 0 here and CIC website to digest Wat d process entails. Good luck

*Modified*

Based on d parameters u supplied n assuming you hit d suggested ielts scores, single n have no relation in Canada, ur possible CRS score is 462 (guaranteed ITA)

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Algbenguze: 11:58pm On Jul 19, 2017
Jumax:
Hi all,

I am new here. I came here through the link posted by @osemigho on the Canadian Student Visa thread based on my case. I need ur opinion if I truly qualify for and express entry or any form of entry into canada. I have a BSc in International Law and Diplomacy from Nigeria, LLB from the UK and An LLM from the UK as well.I just recently graduated this year and do not have a professional working experience. I am not called to bar in any country and I have not done NYSC.

What do you think house? Plsssssssssssss I need your opinions.

Thank you for ur time in advance.

Regards.
You need to have at least 1 year work experience to be eligible. It doesn't necessarily have to be in your line of study, as long as it falls under the Canadian job classification 0, A or B.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Deeone747: 12:02am On Jul 20, 2017
hi, you should evaluate your msc and sit for the ielts exam.having Uk send your transcript shouldn't be a problem.your msc will earn u more CRS points
damoche64:
This should be ur occupation : NOC 4021 College and other vocational instructors, u can check d details.

quote author=funshobabs post=58502441]Greetings to all nairalanders in the house.
Please I need help, clarification and all the support in the house on FSW.

My profile:
Msc petroleum Engineering, Teesside UK.
BEng Mechanical Engineering (UNIMAID)
Work Experience : Lecturing (The Federal Polytechnic Ilaro. Department of Mechanical Engineering). From December 2014 to date.
Marital Status: Married to a beautiful and intelligent Lady.
Age 30.

Wife's Profile
Ma English (in view)
Ba English both UNILAG.
Work experience: Meadow Hall ...One year
The Federal Polytechnic Ilaro (Administrative Officer Registrar cadre) from July 2014 to date.
Age 29

We intend to apply for FSW Canada, the question is who should be the principal applicant? I have checked the occupational list and unable to find my NOC as a lecturer in a polytechnic.

Well, I intend making my wife the principal applicant because of the following reasons.
1. There's a DOB error on my WAEC certificate contradicting all others on my documents which might pose a problem during WES evaluation of my academic qualification. (After evaluating my MSC and Beng degrees, do I need to evaluate my WAEC result?).

2. She stand a better chance of passing the IELTS test lol. Shes a guru in English, she speaks well too. I intend writing too to boast our points

3. Her Educational qualification evaluation using WES might be easy(you know Unilag will be conversant with stuffs like that) unlike my school Unimaid. I might have difficulty in getting to the school.

Please my people, I will need a comprehensive advice on what to do.

Thank you guys.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Algbenguze: 12:06am On Jul 20, 2017
perks:

U r very much in prime position to succeed in d express-entry program. Just evaluate ur degree wit WES n make sure u hit 8777 in IELTS and u will get a gud CRS score. Meanwhile pls read page 0 here and CIC website to digest Wat d process entails. Good luck

*Modified*

Based on d parameters u supplied n assuming you hit d suggested ielts scores, single n have no relation in Canada, ur possible CRS score is 462 (guaranteed ITA)

Just to add: 8777 in IELTS simply means Band 8 in Listening and Band 7 in Reading, Writing and Speaking respectively. Aim for that score as ur minimum.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mamatwiny(f): 12:14am On Jul 20, 2017
Please what is the estimate pof in naira required for a family of 2 ( hubby and spouse)?

I ask cos am getting confused. Seeing another pof known as lico which is different from the pof I used to know.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by funshobabs(m): 2:00am On Jul 20, 2017
Thank you very much.

Deeone747:
hi, you should evaluate your msc and sit for the ielts exam.having Uk send your transcript shouldn't be a problem.your msc will earn u more CRS points
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by funshobabs(m): 2:08am On Jul 20, 2017
Many thanks. God bless

GboyegaD:

Just do your MSc jeje and don't stress over the BSc.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ljay17: 4:21am On Jul 20, 2017
GboyegaD:

Wow! It took less than a month to get OINP.

Yes boss...16 days precisely. I think OINP processing times have greatly improved.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ITABABE: 4:32am On Jul 20, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

May 13
oh nice. You are almost there. May25th
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dareExperience: 4:44am On Jul 20, 2017
A lot happening here. Keep it up guys.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TheWatcher212: 4:57am On Jul 20, 2017
Good day guys... Good news, i have gotten PPR. I have a few questions i need answers to and will appreciate if PPL with verifiable experience can help out (dont comman give me theoretical sturvz). I applied as a single/unmarried candidate, but towards the PPR date, my GF (of 3 years) and i started considering marriage. It was my plan to get married before PPR and then add her on, but these things don't always go as planned all the time. My questions;

1. Will it appear suspicious if date of marriage is days after PPR? Would it look like a set up?
2. What is the process of adding a spouse to my application and how long does it take to get COPR from the point of adding her. Does she need to do ECA & IELTS and all that?
3. Is it advisable to continue with my application solo and then file for her after marriage? How long does filing after marriage take and what are the short comings if any?
4. If we choose to get married, i have heard there is a way to fast track and have a registry conduct the marriage between 3-5 days for a fee. How true is this? Does anyone here have any links/contacts?
5. Form IMM8, is this mandatory? Do i also have to list every single member or my family even though they are not traveling with me? A portion on the form asks for an address and destination in Canada. Am i bound by whatever choice i make after submitting this form? I.e. Can i put Toronto on the form and then opt for Manitoba when i choose to go?

Thanks a lot & I look forward to your response.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by funshobabs(m): 5:17am On Jul 20, 2017
Good morning house,

Pls can anyone suggest the easiest way of being nominated by a province. I have searched in vain.
I am looking for all available means to get a high crs.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Tspice2015(f): 5:32am On Jul 20, 2017
Dammiehar:

In this situation, I will suggest getting an affidavit of 'ONE AND SAME PERSON' and write both names in the affidavit. If you include 'AFFIDAVIT FOR NAME CHANGE', it means you have changed your name and that name is expected to reflect on your passport. So just get one and same person affidavit done, and use the name on your passport for your application, you can also write an LOE and attach it alongside the affidavit to wherever you feel its necessary in your application, like your reference letter placeholder with your reference letter.

Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:46am On Jul 20, 2017
perks:

Good morning. What about a 1 year internship (like housemanship) in a medical profession after graduation? Does that qualify as work experience?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 5:54am On Jul 20, 2017
Yes it would with WEs. You can focus on the ND and HND.

sleekysilk:

I want to believe so. Not sure though. But u can give it a shot. You never can tell.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 6:14am On Jul 20, 2017
Congrats the watcher *wink... could you please share your timelines?

TheWatcher212:
Good day guys... Good news, i have gotten PPR. I have a few questions i need answers to and will appreciate if PPL with verifiable experience can help out (dont comman give me theoretical sturvz). I applied as a single/unmarried candidate, but towards the PPR date, my GF (of 3 years) and i started considering marriage. It was my plan to get married before PPR and then add her on, but these things don't always go as planned all the time. My questions;

1. Will it appear suspicious if date of marriage is days after PPR? Would it look like a set up?
2. What is the process of adding a spouse to my application and how long does it take to get COPR from the point of adding her. Does she need to do ECA & IELTS and all that?
3. Is it advisable to continue with my application solo and then file for her after marriage? How long does filing after marriage take and what are the short comings if any?
4. If we choose to get married, i have heard there is a way to fast track and have a registry conduct the marriage between 3-5 days for a fee. How true is this? Does anyone here have any links/contacts?
5. Form IMM8, is this mandatory? Do i also have to list every single member or my family even though they are not traveling with me? A portion on the form asks for an address and destination in Canada. Am i bound by whatever choice i make after submitting this form? I.e. Can i put Toronto on the form and then opt for Manitoba when i choose to go?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekinado: 7:12am On Jul 20, 2017
Good Morning house!!
My School told me that they were going to use UPS ooo but today when I got the tracking numbers, its was Courier Plus.

please has anyone used Courier Plus before and how many days did it take?
thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ljay17: 7:29am On Jul 20, 2017
funshobabs:
Good morning house,

Pls can anyone suggest the easiest way of being nominated by a province. I have searched in vain.
I am looking for all available means to get a high crs.

Thank you.

What's your CRS score presently. If it's above 400, you should expect NOI from Ontario.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 7:37am On Jul 20, 2017
bighead2:
MCC... Search for vcole's posts to get directions on how to go abt it. She has posted a detailed step-by-step process in the past

done thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 7:38am On Jul 20, 2017
Binchie:

Good morning. What about a 1 year internship (like housemanship) in a medical profession after graduation? Does that qualify as work experience?
it's a paid job and it's post graduation... So I think it counts

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by LordSebastian: 7:41am On Jul 20, 2017
Congrats on your PPR! You may find some of the answers below useful. All the best.

TheWatcher212:

1. Will it appear suspicious if date of marriage is days after PPR? Would it look like a set up? Nope. I have seen people do this and have been successful. Infact, this is what I intend to do...hopefully if i get PPR before my wedding date which is looking likely.

2. What is the process of adding a spouse to my application and how long does it take to get COPR from the point of adding her. Does she need to do ECA & IELTS and all that? No. No need for ECA or IELTS. She would need to submit PCC, medicals, birth cert etc

3. Is it advisable to continue with my application solo and then file for her after marriage? How long does filing after marriage take and what are the short comings if any? This is not bad but not advisable. It is said to take a much longer time than adding her to your application

4. If we choose to get married, i have heard there is a way to fast track and have a registry conduct the marriage between 3-5 days for a fee. How true is this? Does anyone here have any links/contacts? You may have to visit Ikoyi registry if you are in Lagos for this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lavivaavril(f): 7:43am On Jul 20, 2017
honeybeetom:
Hello All, pls how long does stamping at Accra take?? Wanna book for flights so I need to plan wella. Thanks for your response...someone asked earlier, I also need answer to this question. Thank you!

Congrats. Used to be at most two weeks but lately, Accra has been taking as long as 4 weeks. Heard they still send to Ottawa for stamping before sending back to the applicant. Let's hope things will quickly get better with Accra
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 8:08am On Jul 20, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

There's an evaluating body called who? I didn't know o shocked grin
me sef laughed at my self grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 20, 2017
is it possible to use my NYSC experience as my one year work experience
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by funshobabs(m): 8:39am On Jul 20, 2017
Thank you very much for your response. I haven't even entered into the pool yet. I want to be sure everything is in place before I kick start. Going through the thread then I became scared learning about province nomination blah blah blah. Now I understand, with a score of a little bit above 400 then I stand a chance.

This place is the best place to learn all about immigration to CA.

God bless you all.

Ljay17:

What's your CRS score presently. If it's above 400, you should expect NOI from Ontario.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by wholesomegrace: 8:39am On Jul 20, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Hello sis,

Try to rewrite your IELTS exams and aim for minimum of 8777 (8 in Listening, 7 in SWR). It will boost your CRS score. If you have a high CRS score, your spouse does not need to write IELTS or evaluate his certificate.

Thanks, i will do that

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by wholesomegrace: 8:46am On Jul 20, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

You are right, I misread ur post and that of the person u replied. Sorry

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Java47: 9:07am On Jul 20, 2017
LordSebastian:
Congrats on your PPR! You may find some of the answers below useful. All the best.

Planning on getting married before moving...

So is it easier to add wifey after getting my PPR than waiting till after PR, That's after completing the whole process. . .?

In plain English, should I wait till I get my PR or before I get PR to add wifey?

Hope my question is clear enough... Phew.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimz89: 9:24am On Jul 20, 2017
@ljay17, congrats on your nomination. Please my crs is 411. Will you advise I go through the pnp route or wait n hope the draw comes down to 411?

(1) (2) (3) ... (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.