Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (680) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599112 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 24, 2017
chiboy429:
Good day my good time people pls I am planning of enrolling for the IElTs exam I am in need of study materials pls someone should help . God bless you all.
please send me a pm.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 7:42pm On Jul 24, 2017
DeepDarkTunnel:
Please gurus in the house,

I just received a request letter from CIC with the following content:

We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:
1XXXXXXXX0 - My Name:
MILITARY RECORDS -EXXXXXXXX0
Military Records: You have identified previous service in the military. Please complete the attached form and provide a copy of your military booklet. If you were exempt, please provide official proof of military exemption from the relevant authority. This must be received at this office by:
This must be received at this office by: 2017/07/31

Don't really understand what they mean. And there is no attached document to fill.
Are they referring to my NYSC (maybe I mistakenly put it as military service)? And would my NYSC certificate fly?

Thanks

Hmmm you must have mistakenly put yes instead of not applicable at the military question inthink it's under personal history. I almost made that same mistake
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hephgirl: 8:10pm On Jul 24, 2017
XX01:

Yes, I did it online.
Wura27
Thanks guys

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by toyogirl: 8:11pm On Jul 24, 2017
Pls I need clarification on this LOE thing as regards POF...if the PA had funds transfered to his/her account from spouse's account, is it the spouse that shd write the LOE or the PA, explaining the transaction? It's not been quite clear to me. .....Thanks

closetextrovert:

Hi @nkigirl , its okay for the funds to remain in your husband's account but you will attach an LOE from him. However, there are people that prefer that the funds be transfered into their account which will still require an LOE from the husband anyways. So either way is fine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 8:12pm On Jul 24, 2017
bbaby84:

Hmmm you must have mistakenly put yes instead of not applicable at the military question inthink it's under personal history. I almost made that same mistake

Kai
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 8:22pm On Jul 24, 2017
kike100:
Hello my people,

Please see my profile ooo, am worried that Eligibility is still pending

ITA May 9
AOR June 11
Medical passed July 9
IP1 July 9
IP1 still pending
IP2 N/A July 24

Could you please shed light on your timeline, especially@bolded? Did you switch to IP2 and NA on the same day? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 8:36pm On Jul 24, 2017
DeepDarkTunnel:

We have begun processing your application for permanent residence, and in order to make a decision we require the following information/documents:
1XXXXXXXX0 - My Name:
Military Records: You have identified previous service in the military. Please complete the attached form and provide a copy of your military booklet. If you were exempt, please provide official proof of military exemption from the relevant authority. This must be received at this office by:

Don't really understand what they mean. And there is no attached document to fill.
Are they referring to my NYSC (maybe I mistakenly put it as military service)? And would my NYSC certificate fly?

Thanks

Oh wow! Is this a mistake from your end...? Can an LOE suffice...? I'm really struggling to think of the explanation you can give for this 'mistake'.

Seniors over to you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 8:45pm On Jul 24, 2017
DeepDarkTunnel:

1XXXXXXXX0 - My Name:

Thanks

You must have chosen yes there. I did too initially as I didn't see Not Applicable in the drop down. Maybe a letter of explanation may help.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by toyogirl: 8:49pm On Jul 24, 2017
@MummyJaygirls, 40manlappy, all the seniors in da house smiley....kindly assist with the clarification required below...

toyogirl:
Pls I need clarification on this LOE thing as regards POF...if the PA had funds transfered to his/her account from spouse's account, is it the spouse that shd write the LOE or the PA, explaining the transaction? It's not been quite clear to me. .....Thanks

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kike100: 9:01pm On Jul 24, 2017
My Eligibilty is still in progress(hence yet to change to Not Applicable) whilst Background is showing Not Applicable

See the initial picture I attached

40manlappy:

Could you please shed light on your timeline, especially@bolded? Did you switch to IP2 and NA on the same day? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by LordSebastian: 9:06pm On Jul 24, 2017
Ok. Thanks ma'am

olyveoyl:
The best way to get a true picture of your application as well as track it is to request for your GCMS notes.It gives you the events and all the process your application passes through from the very first day it was submitted .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 9:28pm On Jul 24, 2017
toyogirl:
@MummyJaygirls, 40manlappy, all the seniors in da house smiley....kindly assist with the clarification required below...

The spouse should write and sign. It's from his/her account.

The PA could have stolen it and claim spouse gave consent abi how u check am grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 9:30pm On Jul 24, 2017
MrsBee:
Please who can explain this, I received an email from CIC that "your application has been updated" but no new message or updates when I check myCIC account.

Has anyone here experienced this?

Sometimes it's in anticipation for additional docs, other times it's system glitch
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 9:31pm On Jul 24, 2017
Wura27:

Logged in as soon as I saw this!! cheesy

Still on the same NA2 level.... sad

Any update with yours?

None today but I'm at IP2

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 9:32pm On Jul 24, 2017
deeore:
Hello all...
Aor 5th july. Ip1 21st july, medical passed 24th july....
May God see us all through.. Hitchfree

Yippie! Cic go know say dem no reach to dim ur shine, congrats. Almost there wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 9:33pm On Jul 24, 2017
LordSebastian:
Infact, I have heard of May 12 and May 19 here in Lagos.

Jesu! PPR fall on us o.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 9:34pm On Jul 24, 2017
DeepDarkTunnel:

1XXXXXXXX0 - My Name:

Thanks

wowww...your challenge is peculiar and most of our seasoned elders are hibernating.
Personally, I havent read any post from anyone in a similar fix.
Just like u guessed, u may have ticked yes to military service under nysc.

I think a good way of approaching this is to construct a properly worded LOE stating your confusion about the "said" military service and attempting to explain the possibility of your mistakenly categorizing nysc as military.

you should then fully explain about nysc..and list out attached supporting docx such your call up letter, PPA posting letter, and nysc discharge certificate...etc.

Do not forget to explicitly state that you have never been in military employment.
Do not forget to respectfully apologise for the mix up.

finally i hope this matter wont make ircc begin to "torchlight" nysc job experience henceforth.
Make others give their opinions.
I wish u a smooth sail across this hurdle..
Cheers.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yetunde84: 9:36pm On Jul 24, 2017
Hi fellas,

We are gathering our documents and we should be uploading soon. Please answer the following questions...

For the police certificate, its (multiple) for the both of us... I stay here in Canada and my husband in Nigeria. He hasn't stayed outside Nigeria for more than one week. Does he need a police certificate? If no... why did they put multiple... confused.

Then do I need police certificate since I still stay here?

Thanks always
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:44pm On Jul 24, 2017
kike100:
My Eligibilty is still in progress(hence yet to change to Not Applicable) whilst Background is showing Not Applicable

See the initial picture I attached

That one? Do you know that even people that have gotten the "Ready for Visa" mail i.e. PPR, still have that same status on their profile? That status may not change until passports are stamped and profile updated cheesy

That is why I advised that you should not get unduly worried; no one knows the exact details of CIC's processes except their agents.

Even the NA1, IP1, IP2 terms that we use here frequently are inventions of EE applicants based on their understanding of how CIC works. You understand?

Just be hopeful for positive movements....

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by toyogirl: 9:45pm On Jul 24, 2017
Oh, okay....its clear now...Thanks!

MummyJaygirls:

The spouse should write and sign. It's from his/her account.

The PA could have stolen it and claim spouse gave consent abi how u check am grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 24, 2017
deeore:
Hello all...
Aor 5th july. Ip1 21st july, medical passed 24th july....
May God see us all through.. Hitchfree

First time I logged on to this thread and first thing I read was news of your application rejection.

Glad to see you forging ahead....

Congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 24, 2017
So sorry to hear about your results bro.

Don't be tired and try and focus more on the bolded.

Moreover, you still can't go wrong with ieltsliz dot com. Liz has some very good tips on handling them. I used them, so I can testify.

You can also look out for some youtube video tutorials.

Lastly, keep in mind that the reading test basically requires skimming, scanning and searching for keywords.

Keep pushing man, you will surely get there. Cheers!
Algbenguze:

I have to retake it.
I'll enter the pool meanwhile with the 1st result (with PNP in mind), remark the 2nd and register for another test.
It was those yeye T,F, NG and Matching Heading questions o.
Trying to save time, I had left 2 stubborn questions unanswered, planning to return after but still ran out of time before I could go back. Just as I wanted to guess and put something down, the invigilator, who was close by, stopped us and started looking in my direction. I was caught between either obeying the rules OR putting down something (with whatever consequences to follow) but unfortunately the 'good boy' inside me prevailed. It was very painful considering it was this same Reading that made me retake in d 1st place. My hands were literally on my head as they collected my answer sheet. I was demoralized and just managed to pull through the Writing section. In fact, one voice inside me said there was no need continuing with the test. I just taya!
With that I knew I had goofed but was expecting I wouldn't get more than another 4 answers wrong. Unfortunately, BC thinks otherwise.
Algbenguze:
Finally guys, I got my IELTS results at BC office today and unfortunately nothing to celebrate at all after 2 attempts. I'm really really deflated right now but I'll keep pushing.

1st Attempt 3/11/16: LRSW 8.5, 6.5, 8.5, 7.5
2nd Attempt 8/07/17: LRSW 8, 6.5, 8, 7.5

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by greetings(f): 9:53pm On Jul 24, 2017
Hi all,
anybody have any idea banks that gives PTA/BTA on one way tickets? Or any idea how to get naira into CAD with low exchange rate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 24, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Wait oooo..... U mean ur application has moved from NA2 to Your background check is in progress?? Here I was thinking we were on the same page! PPR fall on you soon o....

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:56pm On Jul 24, 2017
toyogirl:

I don't see an issue here and I don't think it matters. IMO, there is no right or wrong answer though one would expect the PA to write the LOE in his/her capacity as the PA.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hiscules: 9:58pm On Jul 24, 2017
Good evening house, please can one use two NOC codes to claim points under express entry. E.g I was a banker and now and IT personel. Can I claim points for both NOCs as long as they fall under O,A or B, is it misrepresentation or is it allowed?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:59pm On Jul 24, 2017
greetings:
Hi all,
anybody have any idea banks that gives PTA/BTA on one way tickets? Or any idea how to get naira into CAD with low exchange rate?

Longest time sis! How far now? wink

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by greetings(f): 9:59pm On Jul 24, 2017
yetunde84:
Hi fellas,

We are gathering our documents and we should be uploading soon. Please answer the following questions...

For the police certificate, its (multiple) for the both of us... I stay here in Canada and my husband in Nigeria. He hasn't stayed outside Nigeria for more than one week. Does he need a police certificate? If no... why did they put multiple... confused.

Then do I need police certificate since I still stay here?

Thanks always

Because the Nigerian police certificate is more than one page. So it's multiple pages required to upload.
Hope that helps.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by greetings(f): 10:01pm On Jul 24, 2017
40manlappy:

Longest time sis! How far now? wink

You See Me bah! I dey o. smiley

Celebrating ppr is cool o? How far with you? Been away for too long!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 10:01pm On Jul 24, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Congrats...your journey is almost coming to an end. When did you get IP2 if I may ask?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:09pm On Jul 24, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Congrats! PPR loading cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:14pm On Jul 24, 2017
greetings:

You See Me bah! I dey o. smiley

Celebrating ppr is cool o? How far with you? Been away for too long!

I am fine, thanks. When did you get the "golden mail"? smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (677) (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.