Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (715) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599133 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by segunwebs: 6:43pm On Aug 01, 2017
Hi,can u help me with iqas email address? thanks

WellEndowed:

This is true. An applicant I know sent them an email recently and they replied within 24 hours. They told her they received her transcripts but not the application form and they couldn't start the assessment until they receive her signed application form. She mailed the application form like over a month ago. She decided to fax the same form and got an acknowledgment receipt via email 2 days later
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 6:46pm On Aug 01, 2017
segunwebs:

LBR.IQAS@gov.ab.ca

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chomiePedia: 7:14pm On Aug 01, 2017
40manlappy:

The important thing is for your job description to be a close match of the job duties of your chosen NOC. The job title does not matter. Different countries use different designations.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by calfy: 7:29pm On Aug 01, 2017
billy:
Good day Gurus in the house.

I want to initiate plan to relocate to Canada using the Express Entry system (Permanent Residence). I am married with two kids, presently working with over 9 years of experience. But the arrangement on ground is for me to relocate first while my wife and two kids (3yrs & 5yrs) will join me after my settling down.

I am new on this platform and have reached out to Attorney David Cohen (I am sure most of us knows his firm). The professional fee requested by this firm is rather on the high, $1,990.

My enquiries are listed below:

1. Can I initiate the process myself without going through any firm or agent?
2. How do I go about the process from start to finish if i need to do it myself without any agent?
3. If I include my family in the processing, will it increase my chances of getting ITA, noting my wife also works with over 7 years experience.
4. At what point will I go for the IELTS exam?

Please help with all the necessary info I may require to start the processing.

Thank you ALL
I will advise you not to use any agent. You can do it yourself.

The first step is to do your ECA (Education Credential Assessment). If you have a degree in Law and that's your highest qualification, then do your ECA with IQAS. In this case only evaluate your degree, no need to do the law school as well. IQAS evaluates law degree from Nigeria as a professional degree while other evaluating bodies don't. If your degree is not law then use WES. From my experience, WES is faster.

While your evaluation is going on, you can prepare for and take IELTS. Aim for a score of 8, 7, 7, 7 or better in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking.

When you have your ECA and IELTS result, create your EE profile and hope for the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 7:39pm On Aug 01, 2017
labelbybee:
Hello all,

Please i need someone who did first and second degree in unilag to help me with this.

I just called the transcript office and was made to understand that both my B.Sc and MBA transcript would be sent to WES. I applied for only MBA evaluation and WES has received my certificate.

Do i need to send my B.Sc certificate to WES as well?

Just ur MBA is fine
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 01, 2017
Hello house, please I paid for ielts on Sunday and till now, my portal hasn't been updated. I've sent them a mail already. What should I do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lavivaavril(f): 7:44pm On Aug 01, 2017
studyexec:
Been away for a week and just caught up with over 30 thread pages..lots of good news!
Congratulations to all who got PPRs: Beckyhopeful, MummyJaygirls, lavivaavril, Blaizetony, lumzy1, ugoiyke79e....

Still waiting and hoping for a draw soonest, sitting on 448.

Good luck to us all still in the pool or trying to get in!

Thanks a lot dear, don't worry your ITA is coming swiftly. Wishing you all the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by closetextrovert: 9:36pm On Aug 01, 2017
ayxmania:
Hello house, please I paid for ielts on Sunday and till now, my portal hasn't been updated. I've sent them a mail already. What should I do?

You will have to go to the British council office in ikoyi. For some funny annoying reason they dont respond to emails or pickup their phone.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 01, 2017
closetextrovert:

You will have to go to the British council office in ikoyi. For some funny annoying reason they dont respond to emails or pickup their phone.
Jeez I'm in Ibadan oo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by studyexec: 10:07pm On Aug 01, 2017
yimiton:
438. It's shown 'submitted' now but still showing continue my profile/application not submitted
Not sure of what to make of the issue.
But do ensure you sign off on any changes / updates and the profile is submitted.
Also log out after you are done.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yokus(f): 10:12pm On Aug 01, 2017
I did that the first time in the rejected app bro and i know about two pple that did that recently, though they submitted recently but no need to sweat it. All will be well. If i have seen anything at all, it is that govt workers get delayed for extra check. It is still confusing and i really am not sure if public servants should actually be under Government... it is a grey area

Selected employment cos i thought public service is different from civil service. I hope it does not affect my application tho.

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by DBA4show(m): 10:37pm On Aug 01, 2017
In my own opinion I think its best to use Government, because for NOC code 1228 (Immigration & Revenue officers), employees under this category are usually employed by the Government.

yokus:
I did that the first time in the rejected app bro and i know about two pple that did that recently, though they submitted recently but no need to sweat it. All will be well. If i have seen anything at all, it is that govt workers get delayed for extra check. It is still confusing and i really am not sure if public servants should actually be under Government... it is a grey area

Selected employment cos i thought public service is different from civil service. I hope it does not affect my application tho.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olyveoyl(f): 10:44pm On Aug 01, 2017
Saying a big thank you to everyone that shared in our joy.. n took out time to send congrat-messages....I sent the passports to Accra earlier in the day thru dhl... n as we all set out to take a giant stride in this journey of life I pray we ll never be victims,we will not mourn,weep nor be cut-short.All our hopes and aspirations will come to fruition in Jesus name.Once again ...thank u all.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yokus(f): 10:46pm On Aug 01, 2017
Most of ny duties fell under NOC 1111

DBA4show:
In my own opinion I think its best to use Government, because for NOC code 1228 (Immigration & Revenue officers), employees under this category are usually employed by the Government.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hezy: 10:48pm On Aug 01, 2017
olyveoyl:
Saying a big thank you to everyone that shared in our joy.. n took out time to send congrat-messages....I sent the passports to Accra earlier in the day thru dhl... n as we all set out to take a giant stride in this journey of life I pray we ll never be victims,we will not mourn,weep nor be cut-short.All our hopes and aspirations will come to fruition in Jesus name.Once again ...thank u all.

Amen.

Congratulations once again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hezy: 10:49pm On Aug 01, 2017
olyveoyl:

Amen.

I rejoice with you. Congratulations once again.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by DBA4show(m): 11:01pm On Aug 01, 2017
Oh Ok.... I thot NOC 1228 is the only code for tax administrators.
yokus:
Most of ny duties fell under NOC 1111

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deeore: 11:06pm On Aug 01, 2017
DBA4show:

@yokus are you in lirs
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sammyacbxyz: 11:24pm On Aug 01, 2017
The big question now is... will an application be cancelled for selecting employment instead of government in this situation.

DBA4show:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by closetextrovert: 11:28pm On Aug 01, 2017
ayxmania:

Jeez I'm in Ibadan oo

You can get someone to help you out. All they'll need is your payment info and the reference number they assigned to you after registration. The good thing is that they will resolve it on the spot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by DBA4show(m): 11:42pm On Aug 01, 2017
sammyacbxyz:
The big question now is... will an application be cancelled for selecting employment instead of government in this situation.

I dont think that should be enough reason for cancellation of ones application, provided you upload all necessary supporting docs. This is also my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:51am On Aug 02, 2017
segunwebs:

lbr.iqas@gov.ab.ca

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 5:30am On Aug 02, 2017
olyveoyl:
House,you all can jubilate with me ... just got the golden mail...PPR ...aor 24 January 2017 ...family of four.PNP Outland.

Cngrats dear!!!!
May God guide your step onward.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by donrabii: 5:39am On Aug 02, 2017
Please. How much proof of funds is needed for just one person (single applicant). . Thanks fam
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 5:58am On Aug 02, 2017
donrabii:
Please. How much proof of funds is needed for just one person (single applicant). . Thanks fam

Go to page 0 but note that it is subject to change without notice. This is why personal research is necessary. Cheers!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yokus(f): 6:10am On Aug 02, 2017
I was in LIRS. That is why i have been trying to reach you.
quote author=deeore post=59059257]

@yokus are you in lirs[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yokus(f): 6:12am On Aug 02, 2017
I strongly doubt that an application will be cancelled for selecting employment instead of govt.

sammyacbxyz:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ysmd: 6:46am On Aug 02, 2017
@ 40manlappy. Please how did you deal with the difference in your occupation on marriage certificate and actual occupation. What documents did you upload to explain this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 6:59am On Aug 02, 2017
ayxmania:

Send me a mail with your details, I'd help u go to British council.

By details, I mean:
a) Name of applicant
b) Name of payer/bank
c) Date of exam
d) Date of payment

21 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Rightthumb: 7:15am On Aug 02, 2017
balogunsam:
Good morning everyone. Welcome to a new month. DHL finally delivered transcript yesterday and status changed to "Evaluation in progress". However i faxed certificate via hellofax last week and i have not received any acknowledgement for it so i thought to ask does the term "We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s)." mean they have both the transcript and my certificate?

Your inputs will be appreciated.

Thank you!

Hello Brother!

What's the Fax number please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 7:19am On Aug 02, 2017
ysmd:
@ 40manlappy. Please how did you deal with the difference in your occupation on marriage certificate and actual occupation. What documents did you upload to explain this?

I didn't have that issue on mine but if I were in your situation, I would provide a properly worded LOE + employment record dated around the wedding date. You may also wish to go further by adding a sworn affidavit stating the correct occupation during that period but it may not be necessary.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 7:23am On Aug 02, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Send me a mail with your details, I'd help u go to British council.

By details, I mean:
a) Name of applicant
b) Name of payer/bank
c) Date of exam
d) Date of payment

That's kind of you. God bless! smiley

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (712) (713) (714) (715) (716) (717) (718) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.