Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (719) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2607965 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by threadstone(m): 2:04pm On Aug 02, 2017
balogunsam:

Same here too o. WES 20 days waiting...

what can we work on or prepare to help aid other steps while waiting for the ECA to be out?

na WES hand we dey now o.

well asides from paying for transcripts, they may need to find an inside person to monitor transcript progress and verification afterwards. Mine took three weeks for both to go through.for sending certificates, use online fax method (hellofax etc)- saves you money.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 300ng: 2:07pm On Aug 02, 2017
bigfido:

Thank you very much. I understand this very well that you can only use up 25% of your RSA. I only became worried when she expressly said "no, you can't use it for pof".. As at when they switched from FSWP to express entry, a lot of Nigerians have been writing them telling them we can use 25% even thou no one asked them.. (Busy body)���. Now they are fully aware of the 25% ish. I just checked oanda this morning and I had a sudden heart attack. I have a family of 4 , I needed 5.7m as at yesterday, today, it is 6.7m. I don't even know what to say..

Quite depressing, have been checking online to find the reason for the rise. One should better hurry and submit, who knows if it will keep heading North.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 02, 2017
After 10 weeks British council just sent me a mail that they don't have the original of my the result I sent for remarking.
I am so mad right now.
Then where is the result
Why did they have to wait for 10 weeks to inform me knowing fully well that I can't query that result after 6 weeks.
What sort of incompetence is this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ITABABE: 2:13pm On Aug 02, 2017
For those who have copr or who knows,; pls what's the average time/duration between submitting passports to Accra and getting it back. Just curious. No PPR yet smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sammyacbxyz: 2:16pm On Aug 02, 2017
Just relax. CBN will issue Forex to the market soon and it will drive down the rate back to around 260

300ng:

Quite depressing, have been checking online to find the reason for the rise. One should better hurry and submit, who knows if it will keep heading North.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by redocean: 2:25pm On Aug 02, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

Is the marriage certificate the normal Nigerian marriage cert? (pull up a sample frm google and compare it wit yours).
I ask cos some churches are licensed by the govt to conduct marriages and issue the govt marriage cert on d wedding day in d church (although the couple would have been made to go register d marriage @ the court).
Such certificates are therfore the acceptable ones...mine is exactly like that.

If however, what u have is your church's own marriage cert then i advise u go and register your marriage in court to obtain d govt certificate. be sure to attach a LOE and other evidence of d marriage(eg wedding pictures,baby dedication pics, family portrait, etc) in other to avoid unnecessary delays by ADR should d VO choose to scrutinize your certificate's recent date..

This is my own viewpoint and is in no way sacrosanct.

Thank you much.

Now am having some serious concerns. The certificate was issued by a Catholic Church and I have never had any issue using it for visa application. However, looking at the internet now, it's very different. No coat of arms on it.

Anyone one with a useful experience in this regards?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by redocean: 2:27pm On Aug 02, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Over suffice dey worry the docs, same things I used. The church cert is also from the govt, except the cert is self produced by the church then u may have to get the govt cert.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by berniemac(m): 2:27pm On Aug 02, 2017
Go to their office and see a senior person. Incompetence is putting it mildly with British council.

wapu:
After 10 weeks British council just sent me a mail that they don't have the original of my the result I sent for remarking.
I am so mad right now.
Then where is the result
Why did they have to wait for 10 weeks to inform me knowing fully well that I can't query that result after 6 weeks.
What sort of incompetence is this.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by berniemac(m): 2:33pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hello House,

I just started following this forum and it has really helped with my application process. But before I started reading the blog i engaged a law firm -David Cohen's to be specific. I have found out that they have not helped other than collect money and give scanty information. I already paid half the fees but feel that with the help and interactions here I can go ahead and complete the process myself.

I want to terminate the contract before they open an account to submit my EE. So the relevant questions are:

Is it possible to terminate a contract if fees are still pending? / second installment hasn't been paid (especially if it is before the submission of the EE application?)
Is there any kind of severance fee or does it just need to be a written letter asking for termination of services?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 2:34pm On Aug 02, 2017
redocean:

Thank you much.

Now am having some serious concerns. The certificate was issued by a Catholic Church and I have never had any issue using it for visa application. However, looking at the internet now, it's very different. No coat of arms on it.

Anyone one with a useful experience in this regards?

No need to worry, I also submitted a Catholic Church issued marriage certificate and I'm in Canada as a PR. It is accepted.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 2:38pm On Aug 02, 2017
berniemac:
Hello House,

I just started following this forum and it has really helped with my application process. But before I started reading the blog i engaged a law firm -David Cohen's to be specific. I have found out that they have not helped other than collect money and give scanty information. I already paid half the fees but feel that with the help and interactions here I can go ahead and complete the process myself.

I want to terminate the contract before they open an account to submit my EE. So the relevant questions are:

Is it possible to terminate a contract if fees are still pending? / second installment hasn't been paid (especially if it is before the submission of the EE application?) Yes you can terminate a contract with a representative but you must inform them first as business courtesy and per the terms of the contract you signed. Once this is done, you fill the form to cancel them with CIC/IRCC. Learn about that at this link, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/representative.asp
Is there any kind of severance fee or does it just need to be a written letter asking for termination of services? It is according to the terms of the contract you signed with them firm. Just as they can terminate their right to represent you per the terms of the contract, you can also terminate them

Thanks.

Hi, see above.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 2:46pm On Aug 02, 2017
berniemac:
Hello House,

Is it possible to terminate a contract if fees are still pending? / second installment hasn't been paid (especially if it is before the submission of the EE application?)
Is there any kind of severance fee or does it just need to be a written letter asking for termination of services?

Thanks.

Hi - I believe only David Cohen can answer these questions you've asked. The contract between David Cohen and yourself should state the T&Cs...which will include the dos and don'ts. I really sympathize with you - as I can only imagine how disappointed you are after finding out you really don't need them for the entire process.

What sort of information have you submitted to them? This is to ascertain if you can create your profile yourself and completely move on from them.

Snrs can chip in...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by berniemac(m): 2:52pm On Aug 02, 2017
Thanks Blackbuddy.

Blackbuddy:

Hi, see above.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blingyrie: 2:55pm On Aug 02, 2017
berniemac:
Hello House,

Thanks.
I was in same boat with this David cohen through 2015/2016. They are not in anyway helpful n are just after your cash. Don't pay anymore money to them. Tell them that you no longer want to pursue ur immigration dream cos you lack funds to continue. Contract or not, you now lack money hence that will fall through . Be firm but polite when u contact them. Good riddance to bad rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by legaltender: 2:58pm On Aug 02, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

Like so many other people resident outside and far away frm lagos, I got a contact to help me submit at Alagbon. Get d forms and properly thumbprint it( u may use a police near u or DIY)...
Someone on this forum once shared d colored forms. the one i used was black n white. ...pls search d thread for d forms. anyone that has it can pls help pm it to him/her.
I paid higher @7.5k but for me, it was cheaper overall.
Thanks smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by berniemac(m): 3:00pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hi Ehrnie, Thanks for the response. With regards to your question; I have only submitted Proof of funds/and also which province I want. Although, they haven't actually created my profile for me yet. That's why I think it's a good time to end the contract with them. But like you and blackbuddy adviced I will engage David Cohen's firm with regards to terminating the contract. I can't find any caveat with regards to contract termination in the document we signed.

Ehrnie:

Hi - I believe only David Cohen can answer these questions you've asked. The contract between David Cohen and yourself should state the T&Cs...which will include the dos and don'ts. I really sympathize with you - as I can only imagine how disappointed you are after finding out you really don't need them for the entire process.

What sort of information have you submitted to them? This is to ascertain if you can create your profile yourself and completely move on from them.

Snrs can chip in...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by studyexec: 3:03pm On Aug 02, 2017
bigfido:

Thank you very much. I understand this very well that you can only use up 25% of your RSA. I only became worried when she expressly said "no, you can't use it for pof".. As at when they switched from FSWP to express entry, a lot of Nigerians have been writing them telling them we can use 25% even thou no one asked them.. (Busy body)���. Now they are fully aware of the 25% ish. I just checked oanda this morning and I had a sudden heart attack. I have a family of 4 , I needed 5.7m as at yesterday, today, it is 6.7m. I don't even know what to say..
O boy, same here. This exchange rate thing no funny. Checking on XE.com makes matters worse!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 3:08pm On Aug 02, 2017
ITABABE:
For those who have copr or who knows,; pls what's the average time/duration between submitting passports to Accra and getting it back. Just curious. No PPR yet smiley

Accra vo is very unserious, just fix ur mind at 3wks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by HTC2017: 3:08pm On Aug 02, 2017
I understand you can complete this phase in a week if you use DHL. My friend now is SK told me last week.

ITABABE:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by EmmyToluwa: 3:10pm On Aug 02, 2017
sammyacbxyz:
Just relax. CBN will issue Forex to the market soon and it will drive down the rate back to around 260

This new rates quoted on Oanda, xe.com, google etc are not new actually. What they only did was to change the old rates (CBN rates) to realistic rates that you can get when buying forex for whatever reason and through realistic means like aboki and or banks (though this is not good for new EE applicants). The only hope is that CBN should reduce the exchange rate they sell to banks and then we can expect better quotes from banks and abokis. Pending that happening, new EE applicants will have to show POFs higher than their expectations. Also, EE applicants will also be hoping IRCC do not ask us to show more POFs to meet the minimum requirement.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 3:12pm On Aug 02, 2017
berniemac:
Hi Ehrnie, Thanks for the response. With regards to your question; I have only submitted Proof of funds/and also which province I want. Although, they haven't actually created my profile for me yet. That's why I think it's a good time to end the contract with them. But like you and blackbuddy adviced I will engage David Cohen's firm with regards to terminating the contract. I can't find any caveat with regards to contract termination in the document we signed.

Okay - if they haven't created your profile, then you are in a good place with regards to starting the process afresh yourself. Apply topmost professionalism when ending your contract with them though - and try as much not to part with any more kobo since they have no caveat in their T&Cs.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 3:17pm On Aug 02, 2017
berniemac:
Hello House,

Thanks.

This oga David go just dey hammer for people head, I think they intentionally act unserious with most applications after collecting part payment.

Same complaints everywhere is suspicious lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by redocean: 3:42pm On Aug 02, 2017
Blackbuddy:

No need to worry, I also submitted a Catholic Church issued marriage certificate and I'm in Canada as a PR. It is accepted.

Good to hear it is not a barrier.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by duntano: 3:50pm On Aug 02, 2017
Hello everyone pls I have a question and want to clarify. I am not the principal applicant but when I calculated my vacation time spent in yankee it's over 6 months . Should I do a pCc and also will it cause grounds for rejection for our application. We are may AOR
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 3:57pm On Aug 02, 2017
duntano:
Hello everyone pls I have a question and want to clarify. I am not the principal applicant but when I calculated my vacation time spent in yankee it's over 6 months . Should I do a pCc and also will it cause grounds for rejection for our application. We are may AOR

PCC is a must for anywhere you have spent a cumulative period of 6 months or more and yes, its a ground for rejection. I will advise you to apply for it now, and send the application documents like courier receipt to CIC, let them know you have applied for it, you might still be able to save your application. It takes about 3 months or more to get it though. I applied in May, and my card is yet to be charged for payment, which means they are yet to start working on it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Rightthumb: 4:05pm On Aug 02, 2017
balogunsam:

Here: Fax: 416-972-9004

Thanks Bro
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by nkigirl: 4:06pm On Aug 02, 2017
Goodness gracious. You applied in May and your card has not been charged? This is first of August. I assumed that 10-12 weeks was an exaggeration.
I submitted in July and I was hoping to get highest end of September. If people in May are yet to even be debited......

Dammiehar:

PCC is a must for anywhere you have spent a cumulative period of 6 months or more and yes, its a ground for rejection. I will advise you to apply for it now, and send the application documents like courier receipt to CIC, let them know you have applied for it, you might still be able to save your application. It takes about 3 months or more to get it though. I applied in May, and my card is yet to be charged for payment, which means they are yet to start working on it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Rightthumb: 4:14pm On Aug 02, 2017
Padron me please.

At what point in the application is the POF required?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Remxyj: 4:16pm On Aug 02, 2017
deeore:
@Remxyj...we have the same aor.. But my med was passed 24th. ..at what stage did they say you should go and pay...
Congrats to all ppr recipients and those that their application moved... May God see us through.

@deeore I really don't know what stage I am. All I saw was a mail yesterday telling me to pay for my RPRF in 7days. But my BG is in N/A and have not really been lucky tracking if it has ever changed to to progress to determine wheather nah Ip1 I dey or 2.
The mail also states that the eligibility and admissibility review (security, criminality, and or medicals) is currently in professs; you will be contacted if additional document is required for this purpose.
Hope you make something out of this....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by HTC2017: 4:18pm On Aug 02, 2017
You are advised to get the PCC on the premise of >6 months stay.
This can be added under CSE

duntano:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 4:21pm On Aug 02, 2017
nkigirl:
Goodness gracious. You applied in May and your card has not been charged? This is first of August. I assumed that 10-12 weeks was an exaggeration.
I submitted in July and I was hoping to get highest end of September. If people in May are yet to even be debited......

It not an exaggeration at all oh, going by a thread I am following on canadavisa forum, they charged the cards of people whose applications were received on May 19th yesterday. Mine was received on May 30, so I should be expecting my card to be charged in a week or two. This thing requires a lot of patience.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Remxyj: 4:22pm On Aug 02, 2017
40manlappy:

Senior bawo? grin

Good to know that you have resolved it anyway. PPR loading cheesy

@Jetspeed I sight you sir! How far? smiley

@40manlappy The mail also states that eligibility and admissibility review (security, criminality and/or medicals) is currently in process, you will be contacted if additional information is ilrequired for that purpose, please can you help me figure out what Ip I am with this information?

(1) (2) (3) ... (716) (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.