Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,564 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2605509 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 10:56am On Mar 22, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:
Abeg, can a child use a different passport from that of his parents?

I'm wondering if my son's US passport will be ok for the application. Or must i get him a Nigerian passport?

I'm thinking it should be okay...however I don't know what CIC's requirements are in cases where children have dual citizenship and their parents don't. Getting an e-passport for him isn't a big deal if it comes to that. A day is sufficient if u grease their palms wella grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by prolify: 11:15am On Mar 22, 2016
vcole:
Hey! Fancy meeting you here all the way from the other missionary thread. lol!
Well, I am yet to start an application......still sitting on the fence.
Anyway, we do not evaluate our credentials through WES. its done through MCC Canada. Check out their site for info. www.mcc.ca
Thus far, i have gathered the following info as regards an MBBS ECA.
1)open an account on www.physiciansapply.ca a $278 non-refundable fee is charged.
2)request for a source verification (svr) of your qualification on the physicians apply site (this is done through ECFMG). It costs $157.
3)Send MCC a copy of your mbbs degree and a cover letter (downloaded from your physicians apply account) via courier.
4)2-3 working days after receiving no. 3, ECFMG sends a request for a source verification of your degree to your school via regular mail (with a copy of your degree, a form to be filled and a pre-addressed envelope). If the school does not respond within 60 days, they will send another request to the school. At this point you can opt for a courier delivery to your school. They will only repeat this step 4 up to a maximum of 3 times.
5)ECFMG responds to your school and processes your verification within 20 working days and then you can proceed to step 6.
6)Request for an ECA from MCC. this would cost $102 and would take 21 working days to process.
7)Pay a courier fee for delivery of your ECA to Nigeria (about $140).
Note that step 2 may take as long as 100 days or more seeing as most Nigerian schools claim not to receive this mail. To speed up your process, you wanna keep tabs on your school right after ecfmg requests for a source verification and ensure they check their mail and then you pay for a courier delivery back to ecfmg.

God Bless you dear,so detailed,see me thinking WES is to verify my credentials.i also took the ielts however I toolk the academic and have to sit for the general aswell.ill update you as I move along.Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by prolify: 11:16am On Mar 22, 2016
vcole:
Hey! Fancy meeting you here all the way from the other missionary thread. lol!
Well, I am yet to start an application......still sitting on the fence.
Anyway, we do not evaluate our credentials through WES. its done through MCC Canada. Check out their site for info. www.mcc.ca
Thus far, i have gathered the following info as regards an MBBS ECA.
1)open an account on www.physiciansapply.ca a $278 non-refundable fee is charged.
2)request for a source verification (svr) of your qualification on the physicians apply site (this is done through ECFMG). It costs $157.
3)Send MCC a copy of your mbbs degree and a cover letter (downloaded from your physicians apply account) via courier.
4)2-3 working days after receiving no. 3, ECFMG sends a request for a source verification of your degree to your school via regular mail (with a copy of your degree, a form to be filled and a pre-addressed envelope). If the school does not respond within 60 days, they will send another request to the school. At this point you can opt for a courier delivery to your school. They will only repeat this step 4 up to a maximum of 3 times.
5)ECFMG responds to your school and processes your verification within 20 working days and then you can proceed to step 6.
6)Request for an ECA from MCC. this would cost $102 and would take 21 working days to process.
7)Pay a courier fee for delivery of your ECA to Nigeria (about $140).
Note that step 2 may take as long as 100 days or more seeing as most Nigerian schools claim not to receive this mail. To speed up your process, you wanna keep tabs on your school right after ecfmg requests for a source verification and ensure they check their mail and then you pay for a courier delivery back to ecfmg.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 11:31am On Mar 22, 2016
iphie25:

I'm thinking it should be okay...however I don't know what CIC's requirements are in cases where children have dual citizenship and their parents don't. Getting an e-passport for him isn't a big deal if it comes to that. A day is sufficient if u grease their palms wella grin

I might as well just get him the Nigerian passport sef.

Saves one the stress of applying for Naija visa all the time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 12:00pm On Mar 22, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

Forwarded a sample to your email.

Pay slips are not compulsory. If your reference letter has everything CIC wants, it should suffice.

Please, send a sample to my email. I just sent you a PM. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 12:04pm On Mar 22, 2016
EMPLOYER’S REFERENCE LETTER

Date: 2nd April, 2016.

To Whom it May Concern

This is to certify that . . .(candidate’s name) is currently employed with. . . (office name) in . . .(city and country)
Details of her employment are given below:
• Designation:
• Date of Joining:
• Employee ID:
• Type of Employment (full time/parttime):
• Hours of Work/Week:
• Department:
• Supervisor/manager/personal job title:
• Annual Salary:

Duties and responsibilities handled by . . . (candidate’s name) are as follows:

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

For . . . (company name),

(Supervisor’s/personnel’s name and designation),
(Supervisor’s/personnel’s signature and company’s stamp)
(supervisor’s/personnel’s phone number and contact email)

22 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 12:33pm On Mar 22, 2016
iphie25:

I have replied. Pls check ur mail. smiley

Seen... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 12:40pm On Mar 22, 2016
Anneehis:
Hello everyone, Please I submitted my PR application in November, My Spouse's Passport used for the application expired in Feb.. I am unable to change it to the new passport no, I hope this does not change anything, or how can a change be effected. Secondly we are told to notify CIC when there is a change in status such as childbirth, divorce etc, please through what channel can CIC be notified of anything? Via the CIC account or by phone or by mail?

Thanks for this forum!

I believe you were aware that the passport will not be valid after Feb.At every pointing time,CIC instructs that applicants travel passport should not be less than 1 year validity.you suppose to have renewed the passport then use it for the application now you want to put youself in tight corner.I renewed my passport 6 months ahead of the expiration date.As per your second question,notify them via your CIC account include ref number if you have one for easy indentification.Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chrisaham: 1:01pm On Mar 22, 2016
Pls fam, Goodafternoon how do I send money to my friend in Canada cos western union n moneygram has rili failed me.. I hav been battling all day to mak d payment buh dis bank guys keep telling me shii dah de hav exceeded der limit.. Thanks.. Very urgent pls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 2:21pm On Mar 22, 2016
hartson:

I believe you were aware that the passport will not be valid after Feb.At every pointing time,CIC instructs that applicants travel passport should not be less than 1 year validity.you suppose to have renewed the passport then use it for the application now you want to put youself in tight corner.I renewed my passport 6 months ahead of the expiration date.As per your second question,notify them via your CIC account include ref number if you have one for easy indentification.Cheers

oh! oh!! I misunderstood you.I didn't comprehend the message very well initially.You have gotten a new passport but don't how to effect the change on the PR App.Like I suggest earlier send them an email via your CIC account with ref number if any,if possible attach a photocopy of the biodata page of the new passport to buttress your claim.regards
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 3:21pm On Mar 22, 2016
Well, i think it is really up to you to decide which of his passports you wanna use. It may just be easier to use the Nigerian passport for this PR purpose. And yea, you get to save money/time spent on 9ja visa.
SlowlybtSurely:

I might as well just get him the Nigerian passport sef.

Saves one the stress of applying for Naija visa all the time.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 3:23pm On Mar 22, 2016
ur welcome dear. chai! academic oh. sigh, pele that 52k no be beans nowadays. this ielts thing na money-making venture for british council oh.
prolify:

God Bless you dear,so detailed,see me thinking WES is to verify my credentials.i also took the ielts however I toolk the academic and have to sit for the general aswell.ill update you as I move along.Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 8:26pm On Mar 22, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

Pay slips are not compulsory. If your reference letter has everything CIC wants, it should suffice.

kindly also forward me a sample of the reference letter on ugoiyke79e@gmail.com thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iceberg54: 12:22am On Mar 23, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

Done.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:24am On Mar 23, 2016
vcole:
ur welcome dear. chai! academic oh. sigh, pele that 52k no be beans nowadays. this ielts thing na money-making venture for british council oh.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lavivaavril(f): 7:01am On Mar 23, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

Done.

Please can u forward the reference to me a well... Lavivaavril@yahoo.co.uk. I work in a bank and my HR is asking for heaven and earth, I will practically have to inform my direct supervisors and human resources that I am resigning soon and migrating to Canada. That's too much information in my opinion. Is it possible to get my direct supervisors to draft /sign it for me without having to go through HR?

Please anyone with info, Kindly respond, thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 7:42am On Mar 23, 2016
lavivaavril:

Please can u forward the reference to me a well... Lavivaavril@yahoo.co.uk. I work in a bank and my HR is asking for heaven and earth, I will practically have to inform my direct supervisors and human resources that I am resigning soon and migrating to Canada. That's too much information in my opinion. Is it possible to get my direct supervisors to draft /sign it for me without having to go through HR?

Please anyone with info, Kindly respond, thanks

I pasted it here already.

Yes, your direct supervisor can give you the reference letter, as long as it is on the company's letter headed paper.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jidecool: 11:24am On Mar 23, 2016
Thank you for pasting it here.

My own problem now is that my previous place of employment is now defunct. Just asking in advance before I get to that bridge.

Please house what do I do in this situation. No letter head but my supervisor is still alive grin

@SlowlybtSurely,Zandora,JesusDway,Etfash etc. please help.

SlowlybtSurely:
EMPLOYER’S REFERENCE LETTER

Date: 2nd April, 2016.

To Whom it May Concern

This is to certify that . . .(candidate’s name) is currently employed with. . . (office name) in . . .(city and country)
Details of her employment are given below:
• Designation:
• Date of Joining:
• Employee ID:
• Type of Employment (full time/parttime):
• Hours of Work/Week:
• Department:
• Supervisor/manager/personal job title:
• Annual Salary:

Duties and responsibilities handled by . . . (candidate’s name) are as follows:

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

For . . . (company name),

(Supervisor’s/personnel’s name and designation),
(Supervisor’s/personnel’s signature and company’s stamp)
(supervisor’s/personnel’s phone number and contact email)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Refreshagain: 2:44pm On Mar 23, 2016
Hello JesusdWay, I just got an email from WES saying my evaluation has been completed. Meanwhile, I only asked my uni in the UK to send my transcript. I haven't sent my certificate yet. My question is do I still need to send my certificate to WES?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimaXYZ: 6:20pm On Mar 23, 2016
Refreshagain:
Hello JesusdWay, I just got an email from WES saying my evaluation has been completed. Meanwhile, I only asked my uni in the UK to send my transcript. I haven't sent my certificate yet. My question is do I still need to send my certificate to WES?

I guess WES had sufficient information to make their decision so you won't have to send it.

The experts can comment as well.

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 6:23pm On Mar 23, 2016
30th draw on March 23rd. CRS Cut off 470 with 1014 ITAs.

Looks like it won't go much lower than this, as it seems that CIC has reduced the number of ITAs issued per round.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 6:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
jidecool:
Thank you for pasting it here.

My own problem now is that my previous place of employment is now defunct. Just asking in advance before I get to that bridge.

Please house what do I do in this situation. No letter head but my supervisor is still alive grin

@SlowlybtSurely,Zandora,JesusDway,Etfash etc. please help.

Na to kuku kidnap the supervisor, courier am go CIC. Authentic reference letter toh bad. grin

Honestly, I've got no idea. You might have to get your supervisor to get you the reference letter on a plain sheet of paper. Then you attach your work details; employment letter, promotion lette, pay slips, etc and also a letter of explanation as regards the company being defunct.

However, it will be at CIC's discretion if those should suffice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by walexlo78: 8:30pm On Mar 23, 2016
Hi SlowlybtSurely, thanks for sharing. Won't mind receiving the sample at walexlo@yahoo.com. thanks in advance.

SlowlybtSurely:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 8:39pm On Mar 23, 2016
walexlo78:
Hi SlowlybtSurely, thanks for sharing. Won't mind receiving the sample at walexlo@yahoo.com. thanks in advance.

Beht. . . I've pasted it naw. Just scroll up.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Slydsolutions(m): 9:08pm On Mar 23, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

Hello Slowlybtsurely can you please send the sample to me too... My email is henrislyd@gmail.com.

Regards
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by walexlo78: 9:11pm On Mar 23, 2016
Never mind my brother, sent the message before seeing the pasted letter. Thanks for pasting.

SlowlybtSurely:

Beht. . . I've pasted it naw. Just scroll up.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Slydsolutions(m): 9:18pm On Mar 23, 2016
Slydsolutions:

Hello Slowlybtsurely can you please send the sample to me too... My email is henrislyd@gmail.com.

Regards

Kindly disregard this request... I've seen your post.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by walexlo78: 9:20pm On Mar 23, 2016
Hello House, as the ITA cutoff score remain at an all time high level, higher hopes now on pnp. If one should select other provinces together with Ontario in ones EE profile, can that in anyway negatively affect possibility of being selected by Ontario ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dustydee: 9:28pm On Mar 23, 2016
walexlo78:
Hello House, as the ITA cutoff score remain at an all time high level, higher hopes now on pnp. If one should select other provinces together with Ontario in ones EE profile, can that in anyway negatively affect possibility of being selected by Ontario ?
Nope, it was much higher than this early last year.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimaXYZ: 9:40pm On Mar 23, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:
30th draw on March 23rd. CRS Cut off 470 with 1014 ITAs.

Looks like it won't go much lower than this, as it seems that CIC has reduced the number of ITAs issued per round.

I think it would come down eventually. If you check the 2015 rounds of invitations, you would notice that there were a few outliers like this one.

But the general score hovered between 450 something and 460 something.

I am saying this based on the firm assumption (which I believe to be true), that the trend would continue.

Good evening!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Refreshagain: 10:11pm On Mar 23, 2016
chimaXYZ:

I guess WES had sufficient information to make their decision so you won't have to send it.

The experts can comment as well.

Cheers!

Thanks alot for your response bruv
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 12:06am On Mar 24, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

Payslips are very necessary! If you submit only your reference letter then there's a 90% chance of being called for an interview so submit all the payslips and salary bank statement as possible.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.