Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599122 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by fphumie(f): 1:17am On Mar 24, 2016
zandora:

Just email AVO to extend your deadline because you've applied to renew your passport, they'll extend it for you. It's nothing for you to panick about.
Zandora thanks for the response please I sent a mail to Accra informing them of the challenge at hand but got no response. Am I to specifically ask for an extension and do you have an idea of the format for such letter.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 1:18am On Mar 24, 2016
zandora:

Payslips are very necessary! If you submit only your reference letter then there's a 90% chance of being called for an interview so submit all the payslips and salary bank statement as possible.

Any official link?

Cos it wasn't listed as a supporting document on CIC's website, with the exception of CEC applicants though. Moreover, many applicants on Canadavisa forum said they got their PR with an exhaustive reference letter only and they weren't called for any interviews.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 1:48am On Mar 24, 2016
chimaXYZ:

I think it would come down eventually. If you check the 2015 rounds of invitations, you would notice that there were a few outliers like this one.

But the general score hovered between 450 something and 460 something.

I am saying this based on the firm assumption (which I believe to be true), that the trend would continue.

Good evening!

I really do hope so, cos I honestly can't be bothered with improving my scores. angry

Good morning. smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 7:30am On Mar 24, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

I really do hope so, cos I honestly can't be bothered with improving my scores. angry

Good morning. smiley

You won't have to by his grace. Your scores are pretty high and sometimes the crs cut-off hovers around 450 something....which ur score is way higher than.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 7:53am On Mar 24, 2016
iphie25:

You won't have to by his grace. Your scores are pretty high and sometimes the crs cut-off hovers around 450 something....which ur score is way higher than.

I'm hopeful.

The scores hovered around 450 then cos they allocated a higher quota to economic immigrants. Heard the quota was reduced by 20% this year, hence the drop in ITAs from the usual 1,500 to around 1,000 in each round. I'm hoping it's all speculation sha and nothing concrete.

Let's see what happens in the next few rounds.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 8:37am On Mar 24, 2016
Mine is still showing "in process" cry
zeelo2014:

Lots of updates from Accra in the last 2weeks. Mainly visas and PPRs.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zeelo2014: 10:36am On Mar 24, 2016
WoodcrestMayor:
Mine is still showing "in process" cry
click on it to see more details.
It will be "In process" till ur visa is stamped and it changes to "Decision Made". when you land it changes to "complete"
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mastacop: 11:06am On Mar 24, 2016
Good Morning my great people.

I am new to the thread and have read a couple of the challenges and steps for the Express entry application.
Based on my work experience and other criteria I was found eligible for the express entry. Unfortunately, after creating a CIC profile I received an update declaring me ineligible.

I have waited 24 hours and my scores have not even been computed, anyone with a similar experience?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimaXYZ: 5:57pm On Mar 24, 2016
mastacop:
Good Morning my great people.

I am new to the thread and have read a couple of the challenges and steps for the Express entry application.
Based on my work experience and other criteria I was found eligible for the express entry. Unfortunately, after creating a CIC profile I received an update declaring me ineligible.

I have waited 24 hours and my scores have not even been computed, anyone with a similar experience?

Sorry to hear this.

Could you kindly furnish us with a few more details such your education(whether evaluated or not), work experience, IELTS scores etc.

Otherwise, it would be difficult to tell where the problem is coming from.

Good evening.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by walexlo78: 8:28pm On Mar 24, 2016
Hi, any Ontario nominee in the house who can help answer this quoted question specifically? Does choosing more than Ontario as the choice Province(s) in ones EE profile negatively affect opportunity of being nominated by Ontario?

All hopes on Ontario nomination now so no room for any mistake.

walexlo78:
Hello House, as the ITA cutoff score remain at an all time high level, higher hopes now on pnp. If one should select other provinces together with Ontario in ones EE profile, can that in anyway negatively affect possibility of being selected by Ontario ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 10:36pm On Mar 24, 2016
The details have not changed o!

The only things there are "We received your application and we started processing your application..."
zeelo2014:

click on it to see more details.
It will be "In process" till ur visa is stamped and it changes to "Decision Made". when you land it changes to "complete"
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:34pm On Mar 25, 2016
Hello house
I so much appreciate the good work so many of you are doing here, it feel so good to see this thread...Canada has been my dream land...hubby and I has build up funds for this immigration purpose but end up using it to go give birth to our baby in the US because we got discouraged the moment my hubby did not pass his ielt test.....but now that I have found this thread with wonderful people who is ever ready to assist and encourage people like us, I think we have to start building up another fund...

Please I need your opinion on this, our plan is for hubby to be the principle applicant, so that when we finally get the PPR, hubby, I and our 2 children will travel there and I will come back with the children after one month and continue with my job (since I have a good job here) so that I can support him from here until he gets a job and stand firm on his feet before we finally join him permanently....but the issue here is that I happen to be more eligible for this EE than hubby because of my age and work experience, the worst is that I got to fine out that his job title is not even among the NOC type A, B and 0 as required....

My question now is that, is it possible for me to be the principal applicant and still go on with our plan? Is it allowed?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimaXYZ: 7:03pm On Mar 25, 2016
ChisOsin:
Hello house
I so much appreciate the good work so many of you are doing here, it feel so good to see this thread...Canada has been my dream land...hubby and I has build up funds for this immigration purpose but end up using it to go give birth to our baby in the US because we got discouraged the moment my hubby did not pass his ielt test.....but now that I have found this thread with wonderful people who is ever ready to assist and encourage people like us, I think we have to start building up another fund...

Please I need your opinion on this, our plan is for hubby to be the principle applicant, so that when we finally get the PPR, hubby, I and our 2 children will travel there and I will come back with the children after one month and continue with my job (since I have a good job here) so that I can support him from here until he gets a job and stand firm on his feet before we finally join him permanently....but the issue here is that I happen to be more eligible for this EE than hubby because of my age and work experience, the worst is that I got to fine out that his job title is not even among the NOC type A, B and 0 as required....

My question now is that, is it possible for me to be the principal applicant and still go on with our plan? Is it allowed?

Thanks

Happy Easter!

You can be the principal applicant. There is nothing wrong with that and like you rightly indicated, you would be able to rack up more points coz of your age, education and experience.

Have you written the exam yourself? What were your scores?

What do you exactly mean when you say he failed the IELTS. One does not necessarily fail that exam. Could you share his marks with the forum? Could you also provide your education, experience(including NOC) to help the house better understand the situation and offer useful advice?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 25, 2016
chimaXYZ:

Happy Easter!

You can be the principal applicant. There is nothing wrong with that and like you rightly indicated, you would be able to rack up more points coz of your age, education and experience.

Have you written the exam yourself? What were your scores?

What do you exactly mean when you say he failed the IELTS. One does not necessarily fail that exam. Could you share his marks with the forum? Could you also provide your education, experience(including NOC) to help the house better understand the situation and offer useful advice?

No, I have not written the test...but like I said, we really need to save up some funds again before I write it since the result expires in 2 years.
I know how to calculate the scores,he did not even have upto CLB 6.
I already have my Bsc evaluated by WES. Currently doing my masters degree which I will be rounding up in few months time.
I have 3years work experience (full time) in NOC 0412
I am 31years now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 10:59pm On Mar 25, 2016
ChisOsin:

No, I have not written the test...but like I said, we really need to save up some funds again before I write it since the result expires in 2 years.
I know how to calculate the scores,he did not even have upto CLB 6.
I already have my Bsc evaluated by WES. Currently doing my masters degree which I will be rounding up in few months time.
I have 3years work experience (full time) in NOC 0412
I am 31years now.

Yes you can be the principal applicant, land and then return to Nigeria after a month. However since you'll be the principal applicant you'll need to land with your husband or land first after getting your PPR, your husband cannot land before you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by akanni(m): 6:39am On Mar 26, 2016
Zandora, she might not be able to land in a month considering the time before she gets her PR card.
I guess she will probably take her vacation during that period so she has to have it at the back of her mind that PR card sometimes takes over 3 months. I also learnt it is more difficult now sending it through courier back to Naija.Any contrary opinion?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:42am On Mar 26, 2016
zandora:

Yes you can be the principal applicant, land and then return to Nigeria after a month. However since you'll be the principal applicant you'll need to land with your husband or land first after getting your PPR, your husband cannot land before you.

Thanks @ Zandora

Noted....
About the PR card, did you get it in naija Or there? How long does it take for one to get it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:45am On Mar 26, 2016
akanni:
Zandora, she might not be able to land in a month considering the time before she gets her PR card.
I guess she will probably take her vacation during that period so she has to have it at the back of her mind that PR card sometimes takes over 3 months. I also learnt it is more difficult now sending it through courier back to Naija.Any contrary opinion?

Thanks for pointing that out
Guess I need to put that into consideration too....or does anyone know more about it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mastacop: 5:58pm On Mar 26, 2016
chimaXYZ:

Sorry to hear this.
Could you kindly furnish us with a few more details such your education(whether evaluated or not), work experience, IELTS scores etc.
Otherwise, it would be difficult to tell where the problem is coming from.
Good evening.

Well, I have a year experience in NOC 2451.
My msc and undergraduate degree has been evaluated by wes (16th March)
My IELTS general is L7.5 W6.5 R7 S7. Though I'm rewriting another one on the 30th of April.

Basically, my intention was creating a profile and know where I need to accrue more points. Instead, when I filled the application it was an instant inellegible status.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kart042000(m): 6:32pm On Mar 26, 2016
Hello house, I will like to ask a quick question,, zandora, jesusdway and every member of the good forum. Is it compulsory you get a mail letter sent to you if you are invited for interview or you can also get an email invite?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zeelo2014: 6:48pm On Mar 26, 2016
ChisOsin:
Hello house

Thanks
Your plan of keeping your job in Nigeria while your husband finds his feet in Canada, is a good one. Check carefully if u can see an occupation that relates closely to his. If not You have no other choice than to be the PA. But u have to spend half the time shuttling to maintain your PR. So check well.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 26, 2016
zeelo2014:

Your plan of keeping your job in Nigeria while your husband finds his feet in Canada, is a good one. Check carefully if u can see an occupation that relates closely to his. If not You have no other choice than to be the PA. But u have to spend half the time shuttling to maintain your PR. So check well.

Yes, I get it...
Thanks for ur advice....I appreciate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 5:40am On Mar 27, 2016
Gooday Zandora, akanni, chimaxyz, SlowlybtSurely, JesusDway[i][/i] and everyone! Honestly I regret not starting this Canada immigration years ago (well na money yab man sha) but am back here because I have gotten life-changing information and even job links from Nairaland travel sections, and I believe I will get all the necessary information's regarding Canada immigration right here once I complete reading the threads, I am on page 10 now grin

I will start by saying, Nairalaners are the bomb, I got my previous UK, US, SA visas infos from this forum, by thorough thread research and personal guidance by the likes of Justwise, spikesC... and co on the General UK, US, SA inquiry threads. God bless these guys.

I am a 29yr old, single, medical Doctor with 3years experience now and presently working in Saudi Arabia as a GP (6months now) and I must confess that by a year from now I would have sufficient funds by Gods grace to fulfil the Canadian immigration financial costs and requirements.

So in the mean time, i am preparing to write the General IELTS, here in Saudi Arabia. But my major problem or concern now, is that I am quite confused about where to apply from; if possible from here or must be from NIGERIA? I searched the internet but didn't get any real info so please I have come to reason it with the great minds here.
I will just ask some few quick questions although I am going to read all the pages of this thread.

1. Is the whole process of Express Entry an online thing? (devoid of medicals and interviews)?
2. If YES, are Nigerians permitted to apply from other countries where they have legal residence? (I have legal residential card)
3. If no, mehnn where do I apply from?
4. I have a small confusion about where i fall under, Federal skilled or what?? I am a newbie or Canada immigration matters (abeg no laff me grin). Anyways, I checked the NOC list and my job category is listed.
5. Lastly, I used to think that this immigration process takes some time and that one has to diligently follow the steps and be patient, but a few people I recently asked says the express system is now just 6months! Please how true is that.

Thanks so much as I expect your candid opinions and replies. God bless yall.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 8:43am On Mar 27, 2016
esosa4real:

Gooday Zandora, akanni, chimaxyz, SlowlybtSurely, JesusDway[i][/i] and everyone! Honestly I regret not starting this Canada immigration years ago (well na money yab man sha) but am back here because I have gotten life-changing information and even job links from Nairaland travel sections, and I believe I will get all the necessary information's regarding Canada immigration right here once I complete reading the threads, I am on page 10 now grin

I will start by saying, Nairalaners are the bomb, I got my previous UK, US, SA visas infos from this forum, by thorough thread research and personal guidance by the likes of Justwise, spikesC... and co on the General UK, US, SA inquiry threads. God bless these guys.

I am a 29yr old, single, medical Doctor with 3years experience now and presently working in Saudi Arabia as a GP (6months now) and I must confess that by a year from now I would have sufficient funds by Gods grace to fulfil the Canadian immigration financial costs and requirements.

So in the mean time, i am preparing to write the General IELTS, here in Saudi Arabia. But my major problem or concern now, is that I am quite confused about where to apply from; if possible from here or must be from NIGERIA? I searched the internet but didn't get any real info so please I have come to reason it with the great minds here.
I will just ask some few quick questions although I am going to read all the pages of this thread.

1. Is the whole process of Express Entry an online thing? (devoid of medicals and interviews)?
2. If YES, are Nigerians permitted to apply from other countries where they have legal residence? (I have legal residential card)
4. I have a small confusion about where i fall under, Federal skilled or what?? I am a newbie or Canada immigration matters (abeg no laff me grin). Anyways, I checked the NOC list and my job category is listed.
5. Lastly, I used to think that this immigration process takes some time and that one has to diligently follow the steps and be patient, but a few people I recently asked says the express system is now just 6months! Please how true is that.

Hi Esosa...I might not have all d answers but I'll give d ones I can...when our gurus are around they'll do justice to ur question.
For starters I think you should google IELTS Saudi Arabia and see what comes up. Secondly, I'd like to advise that u start ur educational credential evaluation(ECA) ASAP as it's quite a lengthy process for doctors. Again you should aim for a minimum of L8 R7 W7 S7 score in Ielts.
Thirdly Yes, it's an online thing devoid of interview(most times) but ur medicals and police clearance cert are required.
Fourthly, Yes you can apply from ur country of residence and Yes it takes six months or less for a decision to be made on ur case.

Pls note that you will require details/proof of employment. Documents like reference letter from work, appointment letters etc...others have a better idea of this than I do.
Goodluck wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 27, 2016
berexio1:
Yea,, I took all the required with me.. grin

Nice one..that's the most logical thing to do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by obiaguna(m): 12:51pm On Mar 27, 2016
Happy easter to you all. I have gone through the cic page and also gone through some parts of the thread.. U question is directed to people working in the finance/accounting sector.
For someone who hasn't started a professional certification, which btwn ICAN/ACCA would be better to write to win good points for applying as a financial accountant. Also, would it also be nice to apply do a post grad degree here in Nigeria to strengthen ones application if one doesn't have any post grad degree at this time?
I just want to make sure I tick the right boxes when I eventually decide to start my application. Thanks house.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tola73(m): 1:27pm On Mar 27, 2016
kart042000:
Hello house, I will like to ask a quick question,, zandora, jesusdway and every member of the good forum. Is it compulsory you get a mail letter sent to you if you are invited for interview or you can also get an email invite?
they will send it via email

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimaXYZ: 2:27pm On Mar 27, 2016
mastacop:

Well, I have a year experience in NOC 2451.
My msc and undergraduate degree has been evaluated by wes (16th March)
My IELTS general is L7.5 W6.5 R7 S7. Though I'm rewriting another one on the 30th of April.

Basically, my intention was creating a profile and know where I need to accrue more points. Instead, when I filled the application it was an instant inellegible status.

@mastacop,

I suspect the ineligibility feedback is coming from the date you provided for your work experience or NOC.

I cannot find your NOC here:

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/Welcome.aspx

Could you please tell the forum what your occupation is?

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimaXYZ: 2:47pm On Mar 27, 2016
esosa4real:

Congrats, I think u have done very well for yourself at 29. Just to let you know, you are likely to be nominated ASAP after entering the pool if you are able to ace the IELTS. You will be sitting the General test and not the Academic. If you ace the test, will get a score of about 473 (I have assumed that you would be 30 years by then). If you are still 29 years by then, the score would be 478. And based on the trend, that would give you an ITA as soon as you enter.

I am saying this in reference to your having enough funds for the process in about a year's time. So please take note. What you can do is to also enter the pool in about nine months time. Since you have about ninety days (3 months) within which to lodge your application. By then that one year would have been up and ur funds would also have been accrued.

My thoughts.

Happy Easter!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kart042000(m): 3:34pm On Mar 27, 2016
tola73:
they will send it via email
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ZannyShasha: 4:12pm On Mar 27, 2016
Pls Veterans in the house,

Pls I need your inputs on this matter.
As advised u you guys, I will be the principal applicant, IELTS set for April ending . I just want to know pls, our major account, a fixed deposit account is in hubby's name only, how would this possibly impact the application?
Also, would ineed to include his payslip too? Seeing as it is way more than mine?

Finally, please I need IELTS materials. I have tried a couple of websites I found online and exhausted same. Would love to have more, much more. Thankyou
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by HayTeeHem(f): 4:41pm On Mar 27, 2016
hi Zandora, please can I get your Whatsapp digits on this email addy? temmie04@mail.com

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.