Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,960 members, 7,825,011 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time (49836 Views)

Preparing Ogbono Soup For The First Time. / See The Giant Tortoise Found And Slaughtered For Peppersoup In Lagos (photos) / White Girl Sees Nigerian Fried Plantain For The First Time And Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
[size=15pt]How about saying no to some things, is it everything you must eat? Are you that hungry and debased without any sense of empathy for endangered/ harmless creatures?

One day someone will come and share his first experience of eating human meat. Must Africans remain perpetually backward?? This is actually appaling...[/size]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by Pennywise(m): 3:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
Tortoise, crocodile, snake, monkey, ahhhhh. What can I say? A lot has gone through this stomach growing up. Will I go down that route again? Hell no. Will probably puke looking at the soup. None of these bother me as much as a mystery cuisine I was served in a dingy hotel room at Apiapum near Ugep on my way to Obubra in Cross River State, 1993.
Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by janefrancisca(f): 3:10pm On Oct 02, 2015
Op you have akpiri ogologo raise to power 10...wen u go chop vulture? heard it tastes like chicken too tongue

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 02, 2015
HungerBAD:

We can send our message across without cursing.
where u c thunda...she no even mean am grin grin
Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by scholes0(m): 3:14pm On Oct 02, 2015
This is just SICK!!!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 02, 2015
California30:
I do go to my Friend's house when i was in Nigeria, his father was a native doctor, they will kill & cook the tortoise they used in sacrifices to the gods & we will all eat.
hbd bro.
Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by OgologoDimkpa: 3:16pm On Oct 02, 2015
Na so some people eat monkey come begin spread Ebola virus for Africaembarassed

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by lovely17(m): 3:18pm On Oct 02, 2015
When did tortoise become endangered species
Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by tosyne2much(m): 3:19pm On Oct 02, 2015
Nature129:
According to Igbo tales, tortoises are the most intelligent set of animals. So, keep eating it who knows, you may just graduate with a first class grin
Hahahaahahah Roflwkmd Lmao BWhwhahaah cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by Ilekeh(f): 3:19pm On Oct 02, 2015
Luckily for I found someone who was going to kill but instead of using hot water, the tortoise was heated on a stove to make it easy to remove the meat out of the shell.

Now just imagine you were the tortoise and someone was trying to remove your flesh from your bone.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by sonnie10: 3:20pm On Oct 02, 2015
That #1500 for don reach you buy two frozen chicken. Waste of money! Anyway, it is your money.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by Ilekeh(f): 3:20pm On Oct 02, 2015
Even though all my friends criticized me for eating it, claiming it was an endangered species, I must confess I really enjoyed my Banga soup cooked with tortoise meat(Kinda tasted like chicken)

If it tastes like chicken, why not just stick with eating chicken?

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by bqlekan(m): 3:21pm On Oct 02, 2015
smh.. Animal cruelty... heating a live animal on a stove... maybe some animals are not meant to be eaten

modified

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by ADUBA1(m): 3:21pm On Oct 02, 2015
Op d way u snuffed life out of the poor creature by heating it alive is my concern. U just violated d right of dt animal

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by MARKone(m): 3:21pm On Oct 02, 2015
Luckily for I found someone who was going to kill but instead of using hot water, the tortoise was heated on a stove to make it easy to remove the meat out of the shell.

OP that is cruel, I must report you to N.Dr Agwoturumbe, you'll see.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by tellwisdom: 3:25pm On Oct 02, 2015
Of all meat, na tortoise you use your money buy??...Now, im convinced not all human are normal sad

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 02, 2015
HungerBAD:
I was born and raised in the Western part of Nigeria.

Lagos specifically, although a Niger Deltan.

As a young boy growing up, I use to see a lot of sacrifices with tortoise all around me. Those memories never left my head.

I still associate tortoises with sacrifices.

No vex. But to me it just be like say you chop one sacrifice now.

I had a similar experience and I associate it with sacrifices and withcraft too. So i still wont eat it no matter what anyone says.
Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 02, 2015
California30:
I do go to my Friend's house when i was in Nigeria, his father was a native doctor, they will kill & cook the tortoise they used in sacrifices to the gods & we will all eat.
happy bday bro
Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by JuicyStar: 3:41pm On Oct 02, 2015
Chulex:
It was a very sunny day as I drove from Port harcourt to Ughelli, and as usual I stopped at the the roadside stalls on the highway to buy foodstuff(usually prawns and plantain).

Surprisingly I saw tortoises of various sizes hanging on from the wooden sheds. I got so curious as I have heard of people eating it and I had never tasted it.

So I decided to price one small one, which I eventually bought for #1500. I happily put it in my booth anticipating what delicacy I wud prepare with it.

How to kill it and remove shell now became the next issue, I've only heard of about people removing the shell with very hot water.

That was how I made Banga soup with with tortoise. Unfortunately I don't have photo of the soup but I have the picture of the tortoise and the killing process

Even though all my friends criticized me for eating it, claiming it was an endangered species, I must confess I really enjoyed my Banga soup cooked with tortoise meat(Kinda tasted like chicken)

U buy am u not tell us; u cook am u no tell us; u chop am u still no tell us. Na after u don shit am throway u come dey tell us. U sure say u well so? Na the same way u go behave when u finally chop Lion? Bros, there's love in sharing.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by AmakaDNBStories(f): 3:45pm On Oct 02, 2015
IYANGBALI:
you wan do amebo now tongue
grin
Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by DedeNkem: 3:48pm On Oct 02, 2015
Illiteracy is one of the most dangerous things on earth.

Nigerians have killed off 87% of animals in Nigeria, and still killing. Most of the animals are endangered species.

97% of Nigerians have no clue what "endandered species" means.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by rotwailler(m): 3:53pm On Oct 02, 2015
Chulex:
It was a very sunny day as I drove from Port harcourt to Ughelli, and as usual I stopped at the the roadside stalls on the highway to buy foodstuff(usually prawns and plantain).

Surprisingly I saw tortoises of various sizes hanging on from the wooden sheds. I got so curious as I have heard of people eating it and I had never tasted it.

So I decided to price one small one, which I eventually bought for #1500. I happily put it in my booth anticipating what delicacy I wud prepare with it.

How to kill it and remove shell now became the next issue, I've only heard of about people removing the shell with very hot water.

That was how I made Banga soup with with tortoise. Unfortunately I don't have photo of the soup but I have the picture of the tortoise and the killing process

ONE MAN'S MEAT IS ANODA MAN'S POISON oooo

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by mizzyboy007: 3:53pm On Oct 02, 2015
compassion for animals is associated with goodness of character, and it can be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man.....take note.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 02, 2015
tellwisdom:
Of all meat, na tortoise you use your money buy??...Now, im convinced not all human are normal sad
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by stonecoldcafe: 4:04pm On Oct 02, 2015
Chulex:

I dunno but I feel kinda sad seeing those pics. Yeah I know I eat egg and even lamb but still I feel sad with your pics...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 02, 2015
OP you re very cruel how could you do such a thing? You need to be probed ASAP, HABA! Poor tortoise, wanted to just go home only to find itself on a stove. You couldn't even kill it in a humane way. SMH

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 02, 2015
idemmili:
Hmmn,How did it taste like?
it tastes like sharwam chicken that your boyfriend used to buy you to eat at crunches while youre on a date with him.. But the only difference its that this is sharwama tortoise.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by PecE2Make: 4:50pm On Oct 02, 2015
I ate it before. it is very sweet forget those ajebo children . At least it is better then one eating snake
Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by Abayor7: 4:54pm On Oct 02, 2015
invisibility:

Tortoise for real? That innocent harmless creature that never hurt anybody. The OP can eat anything.
u mean tortoise can't harm u? I lauqh!
Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by Maross(m): 4:55pm On Oct 02, 2015
Pls whatever you do or say, do not make this boast before an ukwuani person or in Ndokwa land!
Re: My Experience With Eating Tortoise For The First Time by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 02, 2015
OP you are wicked and inhumane. How could you roast it alive? You are no different from those that roast humans alive in the name of justice. *spits*

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today / What Happened To MR BIGGS? / "What A Lady Found Inside 5 Alive" - NewsEveryHour.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.