Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

What Happened To MR BIGGS? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Happened To MR BIGGS? (49852 Views)

Student Finds Cockroach Inside A Meat Pie She Bought At Mr. Biggs(pic / Photo: See What Mr Biggs Sell As Meat Pie / Mr Biggs' Fried Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened To MR BIGGS? by elujah1(m): 1:19pm On Oct 13, 2012
I have been wondering whats behind the downfall of MR BIGSS, most of their restaurants are either shutdown or deserted..What went wrong?

1 Like

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by RedLight1: 1:54pm On Oct 13, 2012
they cant keep up with the competition simple

3 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by elujah1(m): 2:02pm On Oct 13, 2012
Red-Light:
they cant keep up with the competition simple

But how comes its nationwide?
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by INFO70: 2:19pm On Oct 13, 2012
Ask Mrs Biggs grin

27 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by elujah1(m): 2:29pm On Oct 13, 2012
INFO70: Ask Mrs Biggs grin
Tell me where to find them... wink. It used to be great spots in various towns, the way it crashed surprised me. I thought it was going to be like McDonald's .

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by INFO70: 2:32pm On Oct 13, 2012
elujah1:
Tell me where to find them... wink. It used to be great spots in various towns, the way it crashed surprised me. I thought it was going to be like McDonald's .
...its competitors.they offer better services than Mr Biggs
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by DICKtator: 4:19pm On Oct 13, 2012
Won't only tag their demise on competition. After all, they had the goodwill and strong customer base ,which they could have leveraged on, before the so-called competition arose.
The problems were bad management, the franchisor-franchisee agreement where most of the franchise did not work on their total quality management.
Most were producing low-quality products and even services(Seen where the counter guys and security harass you for money?)
the mince-pie became flour/yeast-pie.
pilfering of their goods and inflated procurement prices.
i doubt if they studied their competitiors
All these still encompasses bad management
now mr smallz
grin grin grin grin

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by elujah1(m): 4:25pm On Oct 13, 2012
DICKtator: Wont only tag their demise on competition. After all, they had the goodwill before the so-called competition arose.
The problem were bad management, the franchisor-franchisee agreement where most of the franchise did not work on their total quality management.
Most where producing low-quality product and even service(Seen where the counter guys and security harass you for money?)
the mince-pie became yeast-pie.
pilfering of their goods and inflated procurement prices.
i doubt if they studied their competitiors
All these still encompasses bad management
now mr smallz
grin grin grin grin

You are quite right about that.... Its not worth Mr smallz sef, if u go into any, hmm it would probably be only you there and a few staff over the counter.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Businesstools(m): 9:49pm On Oct 13, 2012
At the Management School,I was taught that a product or business undergoes five major stages, introduction,growth,maturity,decline and death.I guess Mr Biggs has reached the last stage.

22 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Mustay(m): 10:29pm On Oct 13, 2012
DICKtator: Wont only tag their demise on competition. After all, they had the goodwill and strong customer base ,which they could have leveraged on, before the so-called competition arose.
The problem were bad management, the franchisor-franchisee agreement where most of the franchise did not work on their total quality management.

On point!!! There was a time Tanatalizers was their only major competitor. I've not observed the close down of a lot that makes it "awwww" but whatever UAC Foods has up its sleeves, the brand is not like it used to be - being on top is easier than staying there!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Mustay(m): 10:31pm On Oct 13, 2012
Businesstools: At the Management School,I was taught that a product or business undergoes five major stages, introduction,growth,maturity,decline and death.I guess Mr Biggs has reached the last stage.

Maturity it is! If it were decline, they won't have gone through the rebranding they embarked on last year (a feature of maturity) cool

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by elujah1(m): 8:06am On Oct 14, 2012
Businesstools: At the Management School,I was taught that a product or business undergoes five major stages, introduction,growth,maturity,decline and death.I guess Mr Biggs has reached the last stage.

I guess what you were taught applies mainly to Nigerian firms coz its so common in Nigeria, Leventis is another example, i remember going there as a little kid, but now it no more. I still believe its poor management, and when they get to the point where they become comfortable and feel on top, next comes the decline.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by femi4: 8:40am On Jul 27, 2013
Dry
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by IYANGBALI: 8:41am On Jul 27, 2013
so na their biggietuary we dey wait foe now

1 Like

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by free2ryhme: 8:41am On Jul 27, 2013
The need new strategy for there is fierce competition out there

1 Like

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by ITbomb(m): 8:42am On Jul 27, 2013
They had a new policy on their franchise deals about quality control and most of their franchisee disagreed and close shop .
The ones still open gives the ultimate Mr Biggs experience.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by dan55: 8:42am On Jul 27, 2013
dry topic

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Decryptor(m): 8:43am On Jul 27, 2013
elujah1: I have been wondering whats behind the downfall of MR BIGSS, most of their restaurants are either shutdown or deserted..What went wrong?
1. Too much of vedan seasoning in their rice
2. Sand in their meatpies
3.Cockroaches and flies on their show-glass
undecided

7 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by otokx(m): 8:43am On Jul 27, 2013
Some still exist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by gbokukueba(m): 8:44am On Jul 27, 2013
From the little I know as I have dome business with them in the past. There was a major reorganization that unbundle them into different companies. They focus more on outdoor catering which is even not working as they expected cos the service they provide a company I know is crap. That franchise thing really killed the brand and its a big shame and indictment on Nigerian business men/women.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Neaman(m): 8:44am On Jul 27, 2013
Name comes and goes...remember when Mr Biggs was a household name.

1 Like

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by ITbomb(m): 8:45am On Jul 27, 2013
Tamita: Who is the Moderator that put this on the front Page? Kai!!! Idleness in the highest order.
If you are in Business Management , u will need to know why big brands fail. This kind of topic provides that knowledge , see the big picture.

28 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by stolenstone: 8:46am On Jul 27, 2013
you know I was about asking a similar question too about chicken republic. Any idea as to what happened to them?? Their branches in major cities nationwide are under lock and key!

1 Like

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by ritux: 8:46am On Jul 27, 2013
[size=18pt]Franchise killed it[/size]

4 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 27, 2013
They don't know how to cook like mama nkechi buca

1 Like

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by bebe2(f): 8:47am On Jul 27, 2013
It died due to bad customer service,

I went to the one at maryland in Lagos, asked for cold water, the girl refused to serve me becos I don't have change.

She was so rude, I didn't even care I was too thirsty to mind the insult, she said I shud go look for change before she wud serve me,

God bless this young beautiful pregnant girl that paid for the water with her change.

21 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by Roliks09: 8:47am On Jul 27, 2013
IMO, this isnt a dry topic. Its something worthy of note to those who want to start businesses. Staying at the top is more difficult than getting there. But they probably thought they had it all figured out until tantalizers brought competition literally to their doorstep. Right now, even the tantalizers is crap. Ugly eating area, even worse conveniences. Dont they know these things count? Now tantiz in Ibadan is rebranding outlets, I guess it because of KFC.

5 Likes

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by kadree(m): 8:48am On Jul 27, 2013
Mismanagement continued till d time stiff competition came,d aftermat is d crash site we all over d place

1 Like

Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by omowunme: 8:48am On Jul 27, 2013
management problem could av led to d down side,new entrant of foreign fast food outlets + small/individually outlets owned by entreprenuers.

And then......

they went for a rebranding exercise which failed in appeal n led to coup de'grace.

But generally,dis has been to all fastfood joints,they have all been witnessing low partronage (permit my naivety,i dnt visit 'em joint except wen my ladies disturb me)
Re: What Happened To MR BIGGS? by cheleku(m): 8:48am On Jul 27, 2013
Biggs is dead. I went to one recently-the one along Ziks avenue Awka- and I couldn't believe what happened. Nepa took light and the waiters simply turned on their kerosene lamps....omo, as if that wasn't enough, Johnson my mechanic, who happens to have his workshop beside the eatery,came in with his dirty garbs to charge his phone!
I no lie.

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lacasera: Does It Contain Bleaching Chemical ? / Food Section Derailer’s Paradise: All Food Lovers Are Welcome / See The Little Potatoe I Bought For 1K Today (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.