Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity (6270 Views)

SA Pastor Who Heals By Making People Eat Snakes & Undies Welcomes Child(Pics / Pastor Who Goes About Preaching Unclad / Sfiso Ncwane Buys Car For Francis Anosike, Nigerian Pastor For Healing Him (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by MrCrackles(m): 9:52pm On Apr 17, 2009
EloSela:

He probably has lot more cash stashed away in Nigeria that the charity commission couldn’t touch or investigate. I mean if it is £120,000 of his birthday alone then what else? I am sure that is just the tip of the iceberg.

I clearly remember attending KICC in Hackney as a student. Mr Ash in his Italian suits and snake skin shoes would ask the congregation for £200. He asked for those who could give £200 to stand up and raise their hands and people started holding up their credit cards and cheque books. Mr Ash then proceeded to pray for those people only. That more or less told me that if I didn’t have £200 to spare then I couldn’t receive prayer and neither was I worthy to be in Church.

I am glad he was investigated and I hope they continue to monitor him because questions need to be asked.

Pimping Pastor! grin cheesy
Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by bawomolo(m): 10:22pm On Apr 17, 2009
can't knock the hustle. even the pope is envious.

i reckon pastor matthew is force for great good with all his faults. he is a very nice man to a fault that is why he is suffering this scandal today.

he is being investigated for his resources and not his generosity.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by mazaje(m): 5:49am On Apr 18, 2009
lucabrasi:

maybe the question is this,what is the going salary for the c.e.o of a company making 4.5 million in profit a year at least compared to what pastor mathew is earning?[/b]bearing in mind that all the tax free noise they are making is only 1.3million which the church can pay with ease without affecting the pastor's salary.

[b]also,while the "air head footballers"are running around the field to make 100k a week,pastor mathew is embarking on years of research to write best selling books,vcds,cds e.t.c which is where the bulk of his money comes from. while your footballers are running around,he is having sleepless nights busy drafting speeches,articles e.t.c and travelling round the world delivering speeches which he is being paid hansomely for,

im sure no one is saying he should turn over all the proceeds he made from his own intelligence and sweat over to the church just because it is a charity??
we should also be aware that  HE IS NOT IN CONTROLL OF THE CHURCHES FINANCES,THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES ARE, this is a law governing charities in the united kingdom and cannot be side stepped in any way!

he is not the cause of the present decline in the church of england,and rather than letting petty jelousy,insitutional racism e.t.c becloud their collective reasoning,they should sit down and work with him and other pentecostal churches to draw their people back to GOD like the oral roberts,kenneth hagin ,j osteen e.t.c of america have done sucessfully

kini big deal? the guy is doing his good works. . . so where is the beef? i don't understand why people feel pastors are not suppose to earn good pay. . . . . its ok for politicians, actors, musicians and business executives to earn good pay but not pastors?
Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by MrCrackles(m): 7:47am On Apr 18, 2009
mazaje:

kini big deal? the guy is doing his good works. . . so where is the beef? i don't understand why people feel pastors are not suppose to earn good pay. . . . . its ok for politicians, actors, musicians and business executives to earn good pay but not pastors?

It is good for pastors to earn good pay

but NOT good to steal tithes or straffle congregation members to part with excessive money to fund thier own flamboyant lifestyle! tongue
Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by mazaje(m): 8:30am On Apr 18, 2009
MrCrackles:

It is good for pastors to earn good pay

but NOT good to steal tithes or straffle congregation members to part with excessive money to fund thier own flamboyant lifestyle! tongue

offering to the church is part of the christian belief so kini big deal? the pastor did not just sit and tell the people to give them money for nothing. . .the pastors offered services, their motivational speeches are not for free are they? pastors are like therapist people who have problems(marital, financial, behavioural etc) go to their churches to hear uplifting messages. . . . the pastors are satisfying a need and the people pay them willingly or unwillingly for their services, pastors have to appeal to some fear or anxiety that exist in the human nature of their church members all the time, they have to keep striking that chord and strirring up the emotional vurnerablities that they know exist amongst the people. . . .pastors spend day and night going through the bible to look for passages that will form a coherent and uplighting message that will stirr up the emotions and weaknesses of their church members to give to their congregation all the time, do u think it's easy? the main reason why people go to church is to hear uplifting and hopeful teachings. . .if the bible is clear and easy to understand most chrisatians will definately fellowship at home, no need to go and meet up with ur friend in church if u know u can go and meet them at home because some people do go to church to meet up with one another. . . .pastors spend time and money preparing the motivational messages they give to their congregation which is quite gruelling

people spend millions on marriage counselling, finacial advice experets and rehabilation centers etc. . . .churchs are just like rehabiltation centers where you hear messages that will uplift and give you hope in life with the touch of god in it and also promise you that things will get better in the after life. . .pastors spend time and money preparing for their motivational speeches and advice so there is nothing wrong when they get money back. . .if people don't give money to pastors they will give to marriage counsellors, finacial experts or other counsellors for advice or uplifting messages. . . some might even drink with the money so what is wrong in giving pastors since pastors are satisfying a need?(emotional need) business is business no hard feelings. . . .if you think it is easy go and open a church without doing your homework and see if any body will come there. . . .
Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by anonimi: 11:38am On Apr 18, 2009
EloSela:

I clearly remember attending KICC in Hackney as a student. Mr Ash in his Italian suits and snake skin shoes would ask the congregation for £200. He asked for those who could give £200 to stand up and raise their hands and people started holding up their credit cards and cheque books. Mr Ash then proceeded to pray for those people only. That more or less told me that if I didn’t have £200 to spare then I couldn’t receive prayer and neither was I worthy to be in Church.

I am glad he was investigated and I hope they continue to monitor him because questions need to be asked.

Can anyone else confirms this happens in Ashi's church?
Any Biblical basis for this practice?
Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by manmustwac(m): 8:46pm On Apr 19, 2009
And the church will try its best to hide this information from the congregation and even if the congregation knows whats happening to thier money their too deluded and brainwashed to do anything about it.

Religion is the opum of the masses
Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by tpia: 6:36am On Apr 20, 2009
Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by Lennox13(m): 11:09pm On Jun 19, 2009
na wa oh, God help us to see the true light, Amen.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by Tudor6(f): 12:31am On Jun 20, 2009
The man is a poor rat compared to adeboye and oyedepo.£100,000 (25 million naira) per year its chicken change to what he could make in nigeria. . .let him open a 419 branch at home.

Why don't we have charity commision in nigeria to monitor church finances?
Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by JIL(m): 5:34am On Jun 20, 2009
The man is a poor rat compared  to adeboye and oyedepo.£100,000  (25 million naira) per year its chicken change to what he could make in nigeria. . .let him open a 419 branch at home.

And so what has this got to do with an atheist? Jealousy I guess!
Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by skyone(m): 6:58am On Jun 20, 2009
JIL:

And so what has this got to do with an atheist? Jealousy I guess!

God bless you they can't just form their own forum to discuss what next they will evolving to , ' probably man with 3 legs, bunch of confused people with no direction.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by Tudor6(f): 10:07am On Jun 20, 2009
Atheists hate theieves. Simple
Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by noetic2: 2:59pm On Jun 20, 2009
Tudór:

Are u saying atheists dont steal?
Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by Tudor6(f): 6:49pm On Jun 20, 2009
Christianity supposedly hates liars that doesn't stop some xtians from lying now does it?
Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by manmustwac(m): 6:12pm On Jun 21, 2009
I really am surprised at how all u guys go support a pastor earns over a 100 grand a year preaching prosperity and dosen't give back kobo to the masses. Is he not a stingy pastor? {like all of them} Deluded goons
Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by timmy7(m): 7:39pm On Jun 21, 2009
Go sleep abeg,how u take know say he no give back 2 d masses holier than thou, he should not earn his salary but beg from pple lyk u,then u can say pastors r beggers angry
Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by manmustwac(m): 4:16pm On Jun 23, 2009
timmy7:

Go sleep abeg,how u take know say he no give back 2 d masses holier than thou, he should not earn his salary but beg from pple lyk u,then u can say pastors r beggers angry
over a 100 grand a year in pounds sterling don't u think thats a bit much for a holy man? Even if he dose give back i bet its less than 10% of what he earns. Since the church is meant to be charity institution and he's not giving charity he should be taxed 40% of his earnings like other businessmen earning the same amont of money.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by timmy7(m): 9:32pm On Jun 23, 2009
U funny no be small grin 100k per annum is 2 much 4 him 2 earn in UK (not naija o) because him be Holy man abi wetin u call am sef My point still stand cos u r not sure if he gives back to d masses and how much he gives back so it's not good making biased speculations,as for being taxed leave dat 4 d UK tax administrators to decide. wink
Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by blacksta(m): 10:34pm On Jun 23, 2009
Tudór:

Pot Calling Kettle black - I dont see u bother other religions - why do u like harassing xtians
Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by blacksta(m): 10:36pm On Jun 23, 2009
manmustwac:

over a 100 grand a year in pounds sterling don't u think thats a bit much for a holy man? Even if he dose give back i bet its less than 10% of what he earns. Since the church is meant to be charity institution and he's not giving charity he should be taxed 40% of his earnings like other businessmen earning the same amont of money.
For you information salary earned from a charity organisation is taxed. In Pastor Mattew's case he will be paying btw 36 to 38% of tax
Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by Tudor6(f): 10:46pm On Jun 23, 2009
@blacksta
You're a sick fellow.
A lover of theives is also a theif therefore you're already branded.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by Tudor6(f): 10:49pm On Jun 23, 2009
And BTW i speak out against other religions not just christianity. So stop spurning ignorance all over this thread.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by manmustwac(m): 9:01pm On Jun 25, 2009
timmy7:

U funny no be small grin 100k per annum is 2 much 4 him 2 earn in UK (not naija o) because him be Holy man abi wetin u call am sef My point still stand cos u r not sure if he gives back to d masses and how much he gives back so it's not good making biased speculations,as for being taxed leave dat 4 d UK tax administrators to decide. wink
Meaning that you sef are not sure whether he gives back to the masses which means we have to assume that he dosen't coz if he dose he would make a big deal out of it.
Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by timmy7(m): 7:33am On Jun 26, 2009
That is where u miss it cos we read dat ur right hand should not know what ur left hand is doing and we should not blow trumpet over our charity deeds as some people like 2 do. Making a bigdeal out of ur charity invalidates d basic injunction of Christ on that. wink
Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by Tudor6(f): 8:07am On Jun 26, 2009
Shut up jare!
When you make significant positive impacts through charity giving people are bound to find out, you don't neccesarily have to blow your own trumpet.

Theiving pastors use the whole ''left hand right hand anonymous'' as an excuse/cover. . .
Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by timmy7(m): 8:12am On Jun 26, 2009
Sharaap there jo werin concern u sef How can myopic person lyk u find out what this men does in charity when ur life's vision and mission is to attack pastors and religion grin
Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by Tudor6(f): 8:26am On Jun 26, 2009
There's nothing to see because those pastors give NOTHING TO THE POOR!
Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by timmy7(m): 8:44am On Jun 26, 2009
wink I agree with u completely!!! grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Pastor Who Earns Mega Bucks In London Preaching Prosperity by Tudor6(f): 8:48am On Jun 26, 2009
Good. Now have a nice life. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Mercy & Grace Of God / Supernatural Experience: Testimony Of Heaven And Hell- ((new - A Must Read!!)) / I Want To Know The Meaning Of My Name ''QUAMDEEN''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.