Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,674 members, 7,840,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six (37203 Views)

I Make N150,000 Monthly Selling Akara In Kaduna – Widow / Nigeria’s Top Five Billionaires Whose Wealth Could Wipe Out Extreme Poverty / Entrepreneurship In Nigeria Is A Scam And A Multiplier Of Poverty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by HonAdeoye(m): 10:24am On Sep 26, 2015
GET LATEST NEWS AROUND THE WORLD
http://www.newzblock..com
Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by mildflame: 10:26am On Sep 26, 2015
True IBO MAN not those HOPLESS Biafra but where r the DANGOTES, ADENUGA n OTEDOLA after Kentucky Fried chicken was 63 when he started.
Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by mildflame: 10:27am On Sep 26, 2015
manyathink:
Good , me I want to start making moi moi. Hope my bf will help me sell it

YES 4DREAM
Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by wristbangle: 10:29am On Sep 26, 2015
MissSlimbody:
[s]I just love igbo men. They don't see helping their wives a big deal.
[/s]
There's one on my street too. The husband does all the hard-work, and the wife just sell to customers.

[s]If yoruba man try that one, him family go say him wife done turn their pikin to mumu.
Some yoruba men do it sha, but its very rare.

Before tribal warlords start qouting me. [/s]

[s]#Omoyorubanimi...Onye ofe nmanu to the bone.[/s]

The bolded is the only reasonable point u stated while others are trash.

Come to idumota, balogun and yaba market in Lagos. You will see yoruba men (young guys and boys) frying akara, cooking meals, etc to make send meet. This is more reason u igbos can never rule because of your senseless pride.

For the man supporting his family, May God bless his hustle likewise other men doing the same.

2 Likes

Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by Wisdytech(m): 10:29am On Sep 26, 2015
When God says yes! No one can say NO.
Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by ahamonyeka(m): 10:30am On Sep 26, 2015
Igbo people has been productive right from the days of Adam.
Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by eaglechild: 10:31am On Sep 26, 2015
There is dignity in honest Labour.
The man has more honour than all the thieving politicians put together.
Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by DrGroove(f): 10:31am On Sep 26, 2015
Hehehehe! I see!! Igbo people,2moro he will say he fried akara to build duplex..meanwhile shady business undercover,akara frying just a front.
Festus Ukariwo...Abia state..i won't forget this name,just in case..(u know na)

3 Likes

Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by ghostmist: 10:33am On Sep 26, 2015
''The fact that I didn’t get conventional education will not be a barrier for my children; I will make sure they get the best I can afford for now.”
This words epitomises the SPIRIT of the Igboman...This is why it took them a very short time to recoup their investments and rebuild their land after the war.
Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by DrGroove(f): 10:36am On Sep 26, 2015
Tunagee:

And aome graduates with university degrees/ HND with masters go dey earn N25000 working as slaves all in the name of ''i be graduate''
So u expect a graduate to go fry akara? why go to school if u will end up doing menial jobs like illiterates on the road side?
Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 26, 2015
As a yoruba man i salute him and pray God bless his hustle. He should not tempted into criminal activities like his chestbeating brothers. We want more of crime free hardworkers not doz dt engage in crime and chestbeat hardwork...

1 Like

Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by Orikinla(m): 10:49am On Sep 26, 2015
[size=18pt]Forty years ago, Bill and his childhood friend Paul Allen bet that software and personal computers would change the way people around the world worked and played. This bet wasn't exactly a wager. It was an opportunity to make computers personal and empower people through the magic of software. Some people thought they were nuts. But the bet turned out well.

Fifteen years ago, the two of us made a similar bet. We started our foundation in 2000 with the idea that by backing innovative work in health and education, we could help dramatically reduce inequity. The progress we've seen so far is very exciting — so exciting that we are doubling down on the bet we made 15 years ago, and picking ambitious goals for what's possible 15 years from now.
Our Big Bet

The lives of people in poor countries will improve faster in the next 15 years than at any other time in history. And their lives will improve more than anyone else's.

Seven out of ten people living in sub-Saharan Africa are farmers. (Compare that to the United States, where the ratio is two out of a hundred.) And yet Africa has to rely on imports and food aid to feed itself. Though it's the poorest continent in the world, it spends about $50 billion a year buying food from rich countries.

This is in part because African farmers get just a fraction of the yields that American farmers get. For example, the average maize yield in Africa is about 30 bushels an acre. In the United States, it's more than five times that.

http://www.gatesnotes.com/2015-annual-letter?page=2&lang=en[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXFUIRU22FI

Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by IceDude(m): 10:51am On Sep 26, 2015
Wow! Really inspiring, i promise to assist my future wife as well(but not to fry akara o!)............Honestly i dont like that 6 children part o, its too much na. Una wan born football team? undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by Sheggy13(m): 10:53am On Sep 26, 2015
Redoil:
the owoda owoda people should learn from this people
Tell that to your kinsmen who are being wasted daily in Asia cos of quick drug money. There's dignity in labour.

1 Like

Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 26, 2015
STFUareyouGod:
undecided why give birth to SIX children when you can't take care of them? Why do we have to put ourselves in tight angles? SIX children for a man who has no real source of income is just pure foolishness and stupidity
Whatever happened to family planning? undecided
I never read where the man complained about needing help to feed good children.... So what's your own problem? 50000 a month he makes from his business comfortably and you claim and accuse my brother of having no source of income. Are you really this sick? What's the mininum wage in this country mumu? A man who is aspiring to expand his akara business to a full eatery, and also invest in other business yet you accuse him of being foolish and stupid. Nawaoo they send you....... Abegi carry your hate mentality nack head for pillow.
Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by kevoh(m): 11:02am On Sep 26, 2015
DrGroove:

So u expect a graduate to go fry akara? why go to school if u will end up doing menial jobs like illiterates on the road side?
No the graduate went to school to have common sense and think more ''out of the box'' than the average unschooled akara seller.

1. He could fry and deliver his akara in hygienic brownpaper bags(like the types they use in selling fries in McDonalds or KFC) to those in corporate institutions like the banks. People would pay premium for anything it all matters how it is packaged.

2. He could get a fabricated stove that produces the least of smoke and consume less fuel(kerosene,firewood,gas e.t.c), install himself in a high density market and start making money.

There are many possibilities an educated GRADAUTE mind can explore even online, yes, online it might sound funny but ain't all startups funny till the money starts rolling in.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by thelish(f): 11:04am On Sep 26, 2015
A delta man will prefer to die in hunger to fry akara. Igbos put pride aside when it comes to business.

3 Likes

Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by osabiya16(m): 11:04am On Sep 26, 2015
Oluwanishola
Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by mekadinho(f): 11:05am On Sep 26, 2015
wristbangle:

The bolded is the only reasonable point u stated while others are trash.

Come to idumota, balogun and yaba market in Lagos. You will see yoruba men (young guys and boys) frying akara, cooking meals, etc to make send meet. This is more reason u igbos can never rule because of your senseless pride.

For the man supporting his family, May God bless his hustle likewise other men doing the same.

U must b a wild idi.o.t, she said she is Yoruba, or are u blind? You WEY don rule for 500millon yrs, is ur tribe better than Igbo? Ewu!

1 Like

Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:08am On Sep 26, 2015
safarigirl:
This is awesome, hard work and humility is all it takes. People who go about choosing jobs are simply not hungry, I'm already interning to roast corn and peer. Last last if pesin no see work, we go dey roast corn

https://www.nairaland.com/2524678/meet-nigerian-woman-built-4/1
Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by mekadinho(f): 11:08am On Sep 26, 2015
DrGroove:
Hehehehe! I see!! Igbo people,2moro he will say he fried akara to build duplex..meanwhile shady business undercover,akara frying just a front.
Festus Ukariwo...Abia state..i won't forget this name,just in case..(u know na)
Incase he join ur Ogun ppl in ritual biz?
Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by thelish(f): 11:10am On Sep 26, 2015
4bobo:
Eehehe , you took the word of my mouth. I have seen allot from your area . infact there is on in that boundary axis that I always envy and pray for his hustling.
The way he carries the wife business for head you will think he was jazed. Another one in Apapa always intrigue me, though this one na shop. But they no dey shame and they are proud of it. This was opposite of what I witnessed in my service year in some part of ......... In which the husband wakes up in the morning to be drinking kainkain and playing drafts and ludo.waiting for one of the wives to go farm and cook good meals.
Guy u served in delta state? lol
Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by jimmyvic(m): 11:13am On Sep 26, 2015
Nd 1 yeye gal will stl open her mouth nd say 'all men are d same'..may Amadioha judge u
Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:19am On Sep 26, 2015
Well said on the first and second sentence lines................. But Safarihoney...... Did you just say internship in corn and pear roasting??
*looking bemused* *thinking*

....................... Of course!!! *smiles* How innovative!

I suppose this is what you call, "Stepping out of

your comfort zone" *bigsmiles*

Well, all the best with that Safarihoney.............. See u at the top of the pile. *smiles*

........................................................................................

But on a serious note, That's what Persistence can do. It can bring one fortunes unheard of. It doesn't matter how highclass or lowclass a person's job is but the Vision and Directed focus one has. Like you said it's all about Hardwork and Humility. I'll add Sincerity to that too............. Sincerity to one's self.

safarigirl:
This is awesome, hard work and humility is all it takes. People who go about choosing jobs are simply not hungry, I'm already interning to roast corn and peer. Last last if pesin no see work, we go dey roast corn
Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by Toks2008(m): 11:32am On Sep 26, 2015
Success means different thing to different people.Please appreciate that.

1 Like

Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 26, 2015
More grease to his elbow..It Depends on his definition of poverty..about 50k for a family of eight.
Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by Yeske2(m): 12:04pm On Sep 26, 2015
You see, me wey no dey fry akara never be celebrity wey fit enter newspaper.
Lesson learnt: There's dignity in labour and i won't be surprised if one NGO comes to their aid soon.
Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:10pm On Sep 26, 2015
Well said Sir Toks. Loving the "One Idea" Quote.......*smiles*

Toks2008:
Success means different thing to different people.Please appreciate that.
Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by apholaryn: 12:15pm On Sep 26, 2015
MissSlimbody:
I just love igbo men. They don't see helping their wives a big deal.

There's one on my street too. The husband does all the hard-work, and the wife just sell to customers.

If yoruba man try that one, him family go say him wife done turn their pikin to mumu.
Some yoruba men do it sha, but its very rare.

Before tribal warlords start qouting me.

#Omoyorubanimi...Onye ofe nmanu to the bone.
shutup sis! stop generalizing.
Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 26, 2015
nice story.
Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 26, 2015
Bubewilson:
I never read where the man complained about needing help to feed good children.... So what's your own problem? 50000 a month he makes from his business comfortably and you claim and accuse my brother of having no source of income. Are you really this sick? What's the mininum wage in this country mumu? A man who is aspiring to expand his akara business to a full eatery, and also invest in other business yet you accuse him of being foolish and stupid. Nawaoo they send you....... Abegi carry your hate mentality nack head for pillow.
I'm sure you have 12 children

1 Like

Re: How Frying Akara Took Me Out Of Poverty – Father Of Six by favourlove1: 12:57pm On Sep 26, 2015
Redoil:
the owoda owoda people should learn from this people
pls tell them maybe they will hear. Cux after collecting from us the go drink themselves to stupor n return the following n the trend continues later they will come n say rubish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Strips To His Boxers In A Lagos Bank To Demand For His Money (Video) / Six Under Consideration To Replace Sanusi As CBN Governor / Nneoma Anosike Sues Wema Bank For Illegal Use Of Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.