Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,007 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Why I Quit Forex!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why I Quit Forex!! (9711 Views)

Why I Withdrew My Suit Against EFCC — Innoson CEO Innocent Chukwuma / 3 Major Shipping Lines Quit Nigeria As Freight Rates & Trade Volume Crashes / Why I Quit NYSC For Suit Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Quit Forex!! by Fxwarrior: 8:42am On Sep 27, 2015
I would have been a millionaire now if I had been saving up all the money I wasted in forex trading.
Many people don't appreciate the truth but the truth is forex trading psychology goes against how the human mind is wired.
You keep losing instead of quitting, you keep blaming yourself, your system etc

Nigerian ecurrency exchangers are the ones making it as they don't care to know(Do you blame them) what people patronising them do with the eccurency.

I see people (newbies) saying they want to learn forex asking how much they will make. Well as for me I've long moved on.
Forex is addictive, it took me years to finally say Goodbye to forex.

Learn from me and face other offline businesses where you see your money or lose thousands to come to my conclusion, your choice.

We saw a post how a couple made it through frying akara.Many youths will overlook it preferring forex, binary options, betting etc
A word is enough for the wise! Farewell to forex.

15 Likes

Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by Ayo001: 8:47am On Sep 27, 2015
Thanks. Sometimes, It is better to just save your money.
Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by Fxwarrior: 8:55am On Sep 27, 2015
Ayo001:
Thanks. Sometimes, It is better to just save your money.

You're welcome. You're right in saving. I once used my school fees money, my project money, money entrusted in my hands etc to fund my account. No sooner had I funded I received margin call. Did I stop? NO I continued.

Nigerians have that never say die spirit but its misplaced once it comes to forex.

Do I talk about the sleepless nights? The constant pressing of phones etc. It also makes one a loner, unsocial etc

My brother is not worth it.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by iykepromotions: 9:00am On Sep 27, 2015
@ OP you just hit the nail on the head and i hope many will learn from you. forex is just like gambling. i knew a friend that made about $10,000 from forex but instead of him to quickly withdraw his earnings, he concluded to trade just once more, the rest is history as the $10,000 ran down to $500. he couldn't beleive it. the guy has since quit forex.

1 Like

Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by ITbomb(m): 9:06am On Sep 27, 2015
I once said that the only thing profitable about forex is organising seminars and selling ebooks on "How to learn Forex".

I left there since 2008 after I recovered my initial investments by teaching others how to do forex

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by Fxwarrior: 9:07am On Sep 27, 2015
iykepromotions:
@ OP you just hit the nail on the head and i hope many will learn from you. forex is just like gambling. i knew a friend that made about $10,000 from forex but instead of him to quickly withdraw his earnings, he concluded to trade just once more, the rest is history as the $10,000 ran down to $500. he couldn't beleive it. the guy has since quit forex.

I can understand it. I've been there. Some other person can refund with $1500 lose it. Blame it on insufficient capital.
Refund again with $5000. Finally lose it.
Stop? NO.Blame it on trading strategy. Work, save , refund and the cycle continues..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by rozayx5(m): 10:46am On Sep 27, 2015
eyaah another gambler just left the biz grin grin grin grin cheesy

@op your not a forex trader but a gambler. so edit ur title to why i quit gambling with forex

22 Likes

Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by stmichael001(m): 11:05am On Sep 27, 2015
rozayx5:

@op your not a forex trader but a gambler. so edit ur title to why i quit gambling with forex
hahahahah
Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by rozayx5(m): 11:07am On Sep 27, 2015
stmichael001:
hahahahah

am serious. u see someone come to forex with 100$ and dream of range rover grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

only for him to blow his accounts and come and start silly threads. like the story above u blew 10k to 500$ and u call urself a trader... thats pure gambling.

u have emotions because u gamble. if u have 5000$ in your account and u trade 1$ to a pip how many years will it take u to blow it?
the orientation is poor . i started fx in 2009 gambled till 2012. 2013 i realised my mistakes and i got serious . today i am happy to be a trader

20 Likes

Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by mohlanforex: 11:09am On Sep 27, 2015
my guy, forex is real business but people do trade it like gambling. i started trading fx since 2012 and became profitable trader since january 2015. i'm making nothing less than 300 dollar a month and my capital is just 1000 dollar. u have to stop using high leverage and your money management should not be more than 2% if more than that it is gambling. if u gamble in fx u can make 5000 dollar in 5 minutes and u can also lose it in 5 minutes.

6 Likes

Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by ThundrCork(m): 1:04pm On Sep 27, 2015
mohlanforex:
my guy, forex is real business but people do trade it like gambling. i started trading fx since 2012 and became profitable trader since january 2015. i'm making nothing less than 300 dollar a month and my capital is just 1000 dollar. u have to stop using high leverage and your money management should not be more than 2% if more than that it is gambling. if u gamble in fx u can make 5000 dollar in 5 minutes and u can also lose it in 5 minutes.

So you are among the 5% succeeding in fx like the big players? Bravo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by fxstory(m): 2:04pm On Sep 27, 2015
fx is not a do or die affair. Every one also went through same on first start because of the wrong orientation to build mansion after a week of trading. The way people preach about fx is not how it should be. You see some one saying all you have to do is to sit at home and wait for price to go up or down and click the button, dollar will start rolling in.there is more to it.

You have to learn, learn , learn even if it takes you years because the market is not running away from you, rather many traders are running away from the market.so learn before going into it.

1 Like

Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 27, 2015
ITbomb:
I once said that the only thing profitable about forex is organising seminars and selling ebooks on "How to learn Forex".

I left there since 2008 after I recovered my initial investments by teaching others how to do forex

you bad ooo...u recoup your investment on top other people head...Lol

3 Likes

Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by badruf(m): 3:08pm On Sep 27, 2015
@ op What about people earning a living from it?
Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by jamace(m): 3:37pm On Sep 27, 2015
And the WARRIOR was beaten black and blue by the armless forex. Na wa o. grin grin
Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by Fxwarrior: 4:38pm On Sep 27, 2015
jamace:
And the WARRIOR was beaten black and blue by the armless forex. Na wa o. grin grin

Growup dude or go play in the sands.
Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by Fxwarrior: 4:41pm On Sep 27, 2015
badruf:
@ op What about people earning a living from it?

You mean those that took other people's money by claiming to be experts and lost or eloped with it?
Like I said not everybody appreciates the truth.

4 Likes

Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by dowjones(m): 5:20pm On Sep 27, 2015
Fxwarrior:

You mean those that took other people's money by claiming to be experts and lost or eloped with it?
Like I said not everybody appreciates the truth.

Show us your trading history. You will get your answers there.

I can bet you risk alot per trade and you make impulsive, emotional trading decisions.

Your "quitting" forex is part of the developmental stage of a self taught trader. You actually need to back off from FOREX. and your next comeback might not be a successful one because the market is brutal and teaches its lessons the hard way.

You need to take a rest. stay away from FOREX and anything related to it (it will be difficult). and maybe years from now when you stumble on it. you will see it will new eyes.

And yes, people make money from forex. i once doubted it but its true.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by rozayx5(m): 6:43pm On Sep 27, 2015
dowjones:

Show us your trading history. You will get your answers there.

I can bet you risk alot per trade and you make impulsive, emotional trading decisions.

Your "quitting" forex is part of the developmental stage of a self taught trader. You actually need to back off from FOREX. and your next comeback might not be a successful one because the market is brutal and teaches its lessons the hard way.

You need to take a rest. stay away from FOREX and anything related to it (it will be difficult). and maybe years from now when you stumble on it. you will see it will new eyes.

And yes, people make money from forex. i once doubted it but its true.
Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by jendy36(m): 9:08am On Sep 29, 2015
FOREX knows how to humble the gamblers in it. Every successful trader had many blown accounts from my observations, but what differentiates a trader from a gambler is your ability to recover your mistakes and make corrections.
Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 29, 2015
My broda God bless u 4 informing we the youths. I remember spending one year of my life looking at charts,trying 2 understand chart patterns,formulating various trading systems and counter systems. In truth, no system is good or bad,its just a function of timing,and when it comes to timing we humans are not God to know when a trend starts or when it will end,one could choose to enter the market at a proper time but still loose his money.

Nigerians have this never say die attitude, if only we can channel this energy into a proper business then we will be better for it.

Forex is not a business,its more like gambling,you have no control over the aftermath unlike a business where you have control over the aftermath i.e you could choose to sell@ a gain or loss.

But this forex people will still tell you that they know traders that make millions,when they tell you such ,ask them to take you to that individual, then understudy him for @least 6months.
it is well, God will open doors 4 us,he knows We are not lazy, he knows we indeed want to suceed that's why @tyms we fall prey to these online artistes.
Fxwarrior:

You're welcome. You're right in saving. I once used my school fees money, my project money, money entrusted in my hands etc to fund my account. No sooner had I funded I received margin call. Did I stop? NO I continued.

Nigerians have that never say die spirit but its misplaced once it comes to forex.

Do I talk about the sleepless nights? The constant pressing of phones etc. It also makes one a loner, unsocial etc

My brother is not worth it.
Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by amolak: 10:25am On Sep 29, 2015
rozayx5:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you don wound me o
Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by amolak: 10:37am On Sep 29, 2015
Fxwarrior:
I would have been a millionaire now if I had been saving up all the money I wasted in forex trading.
Many people don't appreciate the truth but the truth is forex trading psychology goes against how the human mind is wired.

Nigerian ecurrency exchangers are the ones making it as they don't care to know(Do you blame them) what people patronising them do with the eccurency.

I see people (newbies) saying they want to learn forex asking how much they will make. Well as for me I've long moved on.

Learn from me and face other offline businesses where you see your money or lose thousands to come to my conclusion, your choice.

We saw a post how a couple made it through frying akara.Many youths will overlook it preferring forex, binary options, betting etc
you called urself Fxwarrior and you have been defeated by Fxhulkhogan

5 Likes

Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by rozayx5(m): 10:50am On Sep 29, 2015
amolak:
you called urself Fxwarrior and you have been defeated by Fxhulkhogan

grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by zinosleek(m): 10:53am On Sep 29, 2015
the greatest attribute a trader can posses is patience. greed kills. you can make a living out of forex, depending on your equity and money management you can be making 100 000 naira a month. how much is basic salary for salaries earners in Nigeria. well everybody cant be a doctor so everyone cant be a forex trader

2 Likes

Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by AK284(m): 11:17am On Sep 29, 2015
Fxwarrior:

Sorry for your great loss of hard earned resources and time invested but i am really surprised how a lot people failed to understand that financial market (forex market ) is the only profession that is unforgiving,make mistake and you pay greatly. I think you took the best decision. Good luck in your newly found akara frying bizs, at least the pain of watching your money vanishing is gone.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by yetown(m): 11:32am On Sep 29, 2015
undecidedWARRIOR? I DOUBT IT
Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by barry40: 12:07pm On Sep 29, 2015
FOREX is very risky but a lot of people get carried away with the hype of making huge money by way of leveraging. The same way leverage can work for you is the same way it can back fire.
I discovered that there are other ways of making cool money online. The link below contains some useful tips. (Please note that I have not personally proved them, but the tips can be useful for those who are interested)
http://incomeprof.com.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by amolak: 6:30pm On Sep 29, 2015
rozayx5:

grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Bro na true now, each time I come across Fxwarrior I was like this guy must have conquered forex I didn't know it was other way round cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by pocoapoco88: 7:58pm On Sep 29, 2015
fxwarrior,u hav made d best decision of ur life bro,welcom 2 d club.dnt 4 1 second listen 2 any of dis deluded monikers defending dat tin called forex,i know dem all and can cotegorically tell u dat most of dem dnt make a dime 4rm trading bt r here criticizing u coz ur tread cud spoil dia crappy forex ebooks and seminar biz.jst imagine a biz wia even d self acclaimed gurus and d best set-ups per say can neva predict d direction of d market wit 100% precision.and how relaxed can a man b if he wins $10000 today and stil live in d fear of loosing it 2moro? forex,binary and sportbetting r all waste of time,energy,resources etc let he who hav ears listen else kip loosing his money.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 29, 2015
I wanted #30k learning forex.. I call it a waste cos I never used the knowledge I gain...

Those who say no. Knowledge is lost are only lying to themselves...
Re: Why I Quit Forex!! by Karlebolu(m): 9:31pm On Sep 29, 2015
udemzy101:
I wanted #30k learning forex.. I call it a waste cos I never used the knowledge I gain...

Those who say no. Knowledge is lost are only lying to themselves...

Why would you spend 30k, I mean good 30 Thousand Naira on something you can learn online for free ? That's the problem I have with Nigerians.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Konga Appoints Ex-Nokia VP as CEO / What Is The Meaning Of Bank Consolidation / Markets To Be Shut For Oba Akiolu's Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.